Repeated question - still don't get it

SOLAR Returns - does it actually make a difference if you travel specifically for the solar return??? Ok - I can cast my chart for the city I was born in; the city I leave in; but des it make sense to actually travel elsewhere for your solar return? Does the IMPRINT of planetary positions in that exact location - make a change to the rest of the year?

Osamenor

Staff member
How is this a repeated question? You haven't posted it in this forum before.

If you still live in the city where you were born, cast your solar return chart for that city. If you live elsewhere, cast it for where you currently live. Location determines the houses, and where you live is where the influences you'll be living under all year are.

If you're traveling when you have your solar return, the solar return for your location during your trip reflects what's going on during your trip. That adds a little extra flavor to your home solar return chart, but it's not the main determinant of what's going to influence your year.

No matter where you are, the planets at your moment of solar return will be at the same zodiacal degrees, making the same aspects to your natal chart, and in the same houses of your natal chart. That's most of the chart right there. Travel doesn't change it. It's like a cake, which has the same basic flavor and texture no matter how it's decorated.

The solar return houses are like icing on the cake. A different kind of icing may make the cake taste a little different, but it doesn't change the flavor of the cake.

If you go on vacation for your solar return, that's like adding sprinkles to the cake. They don't change the flavor of the cake, they don't change the icing either, but they add a new note.

So if you want that new note, feel free to take a birthday trip. If you were going to travel for your birthday anyway, apart from astrology, go ahead. But don't expect it to change what your solar return chart is telling you.

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense to me!

I had major solar return in the past and consulted

https://www.astrologyonline.eu/Active_Astrology/Consulting/Relocated-Solar-Return.asp

They send me to Russia - at the time I thought it was an awesome idea - I had a spectacular year - which was not consistent with my solar return predicted if I had stayed in the town where I live. This anecdotal experience has coloured my judgement.

Thanks for a lucid opinion

Osamenor

Staff member
They send me to Russia - at the time I thought it was an awesome idea - I had a spectacular year - which was not consistent with my solar return predicted if I had stayed in the town where I live. This anecdotal experience has coloured my judgement.

Did you get your solar return predictions from a website that generated them automatically? Or did you consult an astrologer?

If this was an automatically generated prediction, it would have included plenty of details that didn't apply to you. If it came from an astrologer, the same thing could have happened, depending on the astrologer's approach. Every placement in a chart, solar return or otherwise, has many possible manifestations. Generic interpretations pick one or two of those possible manifestations and apply them to everyone.

An astrologer having a conversation with a client has the ability to feel out which manifestations are most likely to be true, and can explain the nuances. But not all astrologers do that. Some rely more on generic interpretations.

There's also the fact that travel changes your perspective, whether you do it at your solar return or not. Returning from a trip, especially a foreign one, means coming back in a different frame of mind than you would have had if you hadn't gone. That in turn can affect how things go for you.

Very interesting and you make interesting points

I consulted an astrologer BUT they did not spend too much time talking to me - we exchange emails but there wasn't a face to face (zoom to zoom) consultation. Irrespective - I think this speaks to the fact that anecdotal - even if serendipitous - coincidences do not follow astrological "rules" and the fact that they happen - should not factor into making decisions - unless this is indicated for the chart ;)