Midheaven contacts in Synastry

ellie04

I noticed that people usually ignore Midheaven (MC) contacts in Synastry as it's not a romantic connection. I read that it means you have an influence or you support the MC person's goals, career, social standing etc... It sounds more like something that will benefit biz/work relationships but I've seen many such contacts in romantic relationships.

We've several MC contacts but we don't have any kinda work connections.

My Chiron/Ceres/Psyche conjunct his MC (I will nurture/support his aspirations/goals?)
- Interestingly, his name asteroid in my chart also conjuncts his MC!

My Uranus oppose his MC (challenge him to change what doesn't work?)

My Saturn square his MC (I'll put pressure on him to be more responsible?)

My 2nd ruler (Moon) falls in his 6H trines his MC which is like a quiet support so I'll probably help him with money management and doing the routine stuff.

My Venus also sextile his MC.

His Vertex conjunct my MC (He will have a fated hand in my aspirations/social standing?)

His Mercury/Venus/Saturn oppose my MC (Seems that he will pull me away from work to make me focus on IC matters more)

His 6th ruler trine my MC (I read that he will bring me good work ethics?) :innocent:

It says that MC contacts are significant (as with all other angles) but in a romantic relationship, how binding is it if you have no work connections?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Your interpretations look spot on.
The MH is not necessarily binding, but influential, supportive and helpful. In a romantic relationship it is helpful if your partner supports you and your goals.
You two do have very active MH contacts in the synastry between you, so you each do help with the others career, and reputation. And, who knows if in the future you might have some type of work together.
The Uranus opposing MH would mean it is on the IC, and Saturn also squares it. This is also important, the IC handles our domestic life, the feeling of where we are in our "nest", are comfortable.

ellie04

I'm curious how this will all play out over time... as of now, I find myself "concerned" with his reputation within our social circle (Saturn square perhaps) but I don't have harsh Saturn natally so I think this square isn't too bad on him. I can also relate to the money management thing.

"In a romantic relationship it is helpful if your partner supports you and your goals."

Actually I find this extremely important in a relationship, to have your partner supporting your goals and aspirations because MC is closely linked to IC. I know people who break up because one doesn't support the aspirations of the other, e.g. a couple I know almost divorced because the man felt unsupported by his wife... he always felt alone in this path of creating a dream life. Another couple I know argue over whether she should be a stay-home mom or career woman. He wants her to stay home but she loves her work. These are all MC-related.

ElenaJ

"Actually I find this extremely important in a relationship, to have your partner supporting your goals and aspirations because MC is closely linked to IC. I know people who break up because one doesn't support the aspirations of the other, e.g. a couple I know almost divorced because the man felt unsupported by his wife... he always felt alone in this path of creating a dream life. Another couple I know argue over whether she should be a stay-home mom or career woman. He wants her to stay home but she loves her work. These are all MC-related."
Too true.

Flapjacks

My Chiron/Ceres/Psyche conjunct his MC (I will nurture/support his aspirations/goals?)
- Interestingly, his name asteroid in my chart also conjuncts his MC!

My Uranus oppose his MC (challenge him to change what doesn't work?)

My Saturn square his MC (I'll put pressure on him to be more responsible?)

It'd be nice to see the charts. Chiron/Uranus opposition has been going on for a very long time... that it contacts his MC/IC axis suggests that whatever that opposition does in your chart activates his sense of security and aspirations (being determined by the location and configuration of his MC/IC).

Then, if Saturn is squaring, is it also squaring your Uranus/Chiron, right? Saturn squares like that tend to show where you feel a need to 'do work' and the square promotes active work with the planets/points involved (this might be modified strongly by another planet/point opposite your Saturn). There could be a sense that you can build him up... but not necessarily in a supportive way - rather in a challenging way. You use the term pressure... but to me 'pressure' would be a conjunction... that term connotes a sort of dominating influence. Square would be more antagonistic (not in the colloquial sense, but in the sense of being 'kept to task').

My 2nd ruler (Moon) falls in his 6H trines his MC which is like a quiet support so I'll probably help him with money management and doing the routine stuff.

My Venus also sextile his MC.

You're already thinking about how to keep him to task in a very Saturnine structural way, even with these softer aspects that may provide sensitivity...

His Mercury/Venus/Saturn oppose my MC (Seems that he will pull me away from work to make me focus on IC matters more)

This seems very significant. It might suggest that his way of communicating, expressing himself are very much in your comfort zone (that conjunction suggests a rather serious personality with Saturn, at least with that little of information - your Saturn square might be not seen as intimidating/unfamiliar if he has that strong of a Saturn in his own chart).

It says that MC contacts are significant (as with all other angles) but in a romantic relationship, how binding is it if you have no work connections?

I find angle contacts to show relationships that are nearly immediate in their effect on the persons involved, but not necessarily binding. I've also noticed that the planet person tends to become more invested than the angle person if the angle contacts are not balanced/reciprocated.

As far as Saturn goes, I had a boss whose Saturn is conjunct my Aquarius MC. We met when he brazenly walked into the office of my current employment and said, "I want you to come work for me."

Your context is not work related, but even within the context of that work relationship, it became very personal nearly immediately. He wanted to be my mentor and when I showed no interest in that he lashed out, and became hurt over it.

A similar dynamic happened with a man who had a strong romantic interest in me that I didn't reciprocate, and his Venus is conjunct my MC.

The planet person tends to see 'potentials' in the MC person, and has a strong reaction to it according to their contacting planet and aspect.

Last edited:

ellie04

Then, if Saturn is squaring, is it also squaring your Uranus/Chiron, right?

My Uranus oppose Chiron. Saturn is out of orb with them.

This seems very significant. It might suggest that his way of communicating, expressing himself are very much in your comfort zone (that conjunction suggests a rather serious personality with Saturn, at least with that little of information - your Saturn square might be not seen as intimidating/unfamiliar if he has that strong of a Saturn in his own chart).

He has Saturn conjunct Venus in natal (Mercury is out of orb). His way of communication is usually serious... sometimes I find it comforting but at times it feels a bit hurtful and I feel "rejected". I think it's the Venus-Saturn in him + he has a Virgo Mercury.

I find angle contacts to show relationships that are nearly immediate in their effect on the persons involved, but not necessarily binding. I've also noticed that the planet person tends to become more invested than the angle person if the angle contacts are not balanced/reciprocated.

Really? I thought the angles person will be most impacted?

Flapjacks

My Uranus oppose Chiron. Saturn is out of orb with them.

He has Saturn conjunct Venus in natal (Mercury is out of orb). His way of communication is usually serious... sometimes I find it comforting but at times it feels a bit hurtful and I feel "rejected". I think it's the Venus-Saturn in him + he has a Virgo Mercury.

Like I said, it'd be nice to see the charts.

Really? I thought the angles person will be most impacted?

Impacted isn't the same as invested. The angle person is 'highlighting' that planet, so the planet person tends to be driving the dynamic, while with the angle person, it is more indirect, even if it impacts them greatly.

So, with my examples, the boss and the suitor, both made a strong impact by pursuing me heavily, or being a strong influence, over my potential (MC). Yet, being impacted didn't imply a binding relationship, at least in the sense of time spent together over the long run (that is how I was defining 'binding', anyway).

Last edited: