Difference between these two zodiac combinations?

Ness22

Hello!

I just wanted to ask, if someone could tell me the difference between two individuals having these zodiac combinations - Pisces sun, cancer moon and Cancer Sun, Pisces moon.
I know that having a cardinal sun is quite different from having a mutable one and it is the sun that dominates a large part of your personality, the way you perceive the world, your drive etc.
But would two people with these combinations be quite similar in temperament? What would be the similarities and differences between them? And which of the two is the more advantageous placement to have?

ElenaJ

Interesting question. There is a difference, although a subtle one.
The sun is your ego, your interior individuality, your basic self, your drive, your core.
The moon is emotions, subconscious, your soul, it is what you need to feel emotionally secure, your comfort zone, it works under the surface.
Cancer and pisces are water signs, both emotionally based, very feeling.
Cancer's theme is home, tradition, security, being cardinal it is more goal oriented.
Pisces is etherial, spiritual, creative, compassionate and intuitive, floating in the wind.
So with cancer sun the person would be tied to family and tradition, would tend to be one who accumulates for a sense of security, who is sensitive and closes up within itself when attacked. They would want to build for security, create a fortress. This is their core. Combined with a pisces moon they would be softened, blithely glide through life intuiting, floating through, possibly being over sensitive, using a poetic world, maybe music, to maintain their balance.
Pisces sun would be also a sensitive person, neptunian, hard to pin down, need to live in it's own dimension of the universe.
Cancer moon is nurturing but needs to be nurtured. Ruled by the moon itself, it is moody and changes like the moon's phases, and it can be cranky when it's comfort is disturbed. It uses shyness as a protective shield. So this person would be rooted in the other-world and nebulous, but needing to have its protective shell about it where it can withdraw and hide from what it sees as danger.
The difference is between "I am" and "I feel".
One drives us and gives us a landing pad, the other seeks to suck up what it can from the universe to satisfy an inner need.
So in the case in question, by flipping the signs, one sign sets the priorities and works from the soul while the other works under the innards.
The cancer sun/pisces moon would like to stay at home and listen to soft music.
The pisces sun/cancer moon would go to an evening poetry reading under the stars.
Neither is "better". And a lot will also depend on the rest of the chart, what other energies are hitting these two and stimulating or stifling them. And how we actually see these two persons would depend on their ascendent. Flowing out softly with a fixed but emotional scorpio, or misleading us by seeming aloof with Aquarius that makes us dig deeper?

Lin

The Sun represents your "self" your "ego" your impulse to live out the energy it represents, such as the mode of the sun sign in which it's found. And it rules what you strive for in the future. It represents your authentic self.

The Moon rules the past, habits, programming from family and childhood, emotional "mechanism" - the WAY we feel & the way we project or express our feelings. And that which energizes us emotionally. BUT back to habits and programming: this stays with us our whole life, and thru are relationships.

So each chart containing the Suns and Moons mentioned above would have to be appraised before coming to any conclusion about how positive or negative those positions are and would be.

LIN

Forgotten Warrior

The sun is your ego, your interior individuality, your basic self, your drive, your core.
The moon is emotions, subconscious, your soul, it is what you need to feel emotionally secure, your comfort zone, it works under the surface.
Cancer's theme is home, tradition, security, being cardinal it is more goal oriented.
Pisces is etherial, spiritual, creative, compassionate and intuitive, floating in the wind.
So with cancer sun the person would be tied to family and tradition, would tend to be one who accumulates for a sense of security, who is sensitive and closes up within itself when attacked. They would want to build for security, create a fortress. This is their core. Combined with a pisces moon they would be softened, blithely glide through life intuiting, floating through, possibly being over sensitive, using a poetic world, maybe music, to maintain their balance.
Pisces sun would be also a sensitive person, neptunian, hard to pin down, need to live in it's own dimension of the universe.
Cancer moon is nurturing but needs to be nurtured. Ruled by the moon itself, it is moody and changes like the moon's phases, and it can be cranky when it's comfort is disturbed. It uses shyness as a protective shield. So this person would be rooted in the other-world and nebulous, but needing to have its protective shell about it where it can withdraw and hide from what it sees as danger.
One drives us and gives us a landing pad, the other seeks to suck up what it can from the universe to satisfy an inner need.
So in the case in question, by flipping the signs, one sign sets the priorities and works from the soul while the other works under the innards.
The pisces sun/cancer moon would go to an evening poetry reading under the stars.
Neither is "better". And a lot will also depend on the rest of the chart, what other energies are hitting these two and stimulating or stifling them. And how we actually see these two persons would depend on their ascendent. Flowing out softly with a fixed but emotional scorpio, or misleading us by seeming aloof with Aquarius that makes us dig deeper?
Hello,Pisces Sun,Cancer Moon,Scorpio Rising here.
I confirm this,definitely on point.And yes,the ascendant influences depending on the aspects it makes with the luminaries(Sun and Moon).

wan

My take: the person with Moon in Cancer will have something of an advantage over the other person, due to the Moon being dignified. Also, I have heard that having the Moon in Pisces is not that great of a placement. Apparently, the Moon is too diffuse in this sign.

Forgotten Warrior

My take: the person with Moon in Cancer will have something of an advantage over the other person, due to the Moon being dignified. Also, I have heard that having the Moon in Pisces is not that great of a placement. Apparently, the Moon is too diffuse in this sign.

But in theory isn't Moon in Pisces better dignified than Moon in Scorpio?

Ness22

Hi there Wan,

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I've heard too that the moon is in its best position in Cancer. But I think it makes one rather moody, volatile and extra sensitive.
Anyway, wouldn't the sun cancer person have some of the same traits as that of the moon in cancer such as the need for security, comfort, setting goals, etc. thanks to the cardinal nature of the sun. So, I'm not really sure if one of them has an advantage over the other.

Ness22

Hi ElenaJ,

Thank you for providing such an elaborate response to my question.
You helped clear that up to some extent.
So, the Sun Cancer person would be more goal oriented and security minded as compared to the Pisces sun, but wouldn't the need for security and comfort also be characteristic of the cancer moon?
Would you be able to explain how the cardinal nature of cancer plays out differently when in the sun and moon positions?

Thanks and regards,
Ness

wan

Hi there Wan,

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I've heard too that the moon is in its best position in Cancer. But I think it makes one rather moody, volatile and extra sensitive.
Anyway, wouldn't the sun cancer person have some of the same traits as that of the moon in cancer such as the need for security, comfort, setting goals, etc. thanks to the cardinal nature of the sun. So, I'm not really sure if one of them has an advantage over the other.

You are welcome, Ness.

To be honest, I do not have a response. I think I was probably right but what you said makes sense, too.

ElenaJ

Hi ElenaJ,

Thank you for providing such an elaborate response to my question.
You helped clear that up to some extent.
So, the Sun Cancer person would be more goal oriented and security minded as compared to the Pisces sun, but wouldn't the need for security and comfort also be characteristic of the cancer moon?
Would you be able to explain how the cardinal nature of cancer plays out differently when in the sun and moon positions?

Thanks and regards,
Ness

Your questions are very stimulating!
The difference remains between expression of ego and expression of emotions.
A cancer sun would have drive and initiative. They would be goal oriented in their actions, they are the ones who begin projects. They want to accumulate things, whether money, goods, houses, etc, they act like hoarders to fulfil their need for security.
The cancer moon would display the cancer sensitivity and need for security, but they would be looking for emotional satisfaction, not a worldly one. They would be very determined in getting what they want on an emotional level, they would close up in themselves when in conflict.
They would feel comfortable spending the evening on the sofa in front of the tv, with family, whereas the cancer sun might prefer to go into the den to work out the program for a project they initiated.

Forgotten Warrior

A cancer sun would have drive and initiative. They would be goal oriented in their actions, they are the ones who begin projects. They want to accumulate things, whether money, goods, houses, etc, they act like hoarders to fulfil their need for security.
The cancer moon would display the cancer sensitivity and need for security, but they would be looking for emotional satisfaction, not a worldly one. They would be very determined in getting what they want on an emotional level, they would close up in themselves when in conflict.
They would feel comfortable spending the evening on the sofa in front of the tv, with family, whereas the cancer sun might prefer to go into the den to work out the program for a project they initiated.
Personally,that's true for me.(as a Cancer Moon).
I have a theory,and I believe the luminaries are halves of each sign.
Being specific to this case,does Cancer Moon represent the emotions this sign is known for (especially as the Moon is domicile) and Sun is the willpower,action,leadership skills(since Cancer is a cardinal sign+ the Sun representing "the leader,the boss"),but I think that description sounded more like Mars....

ElenaJ

Mars is energy and action, aggressiveness and "me first".
Cancer sun is dynamic, initiative, create to have, but not aggressive about it.

Ness22

Thanks for the analysis again Elena!
I'm a cancer moon with a pisces sun, but with respect to having cancer in my chart in the moon position, I don't just feel the need for security in terms of emotional satisfaction, but can relate with some of the things you mentioned for cancer suns - Liking having ambition, and the need to initiate, create something lasting and succeed. I've always been competitive, and when I start something, I won't stop until I see it through.
Then again, it could be other aspects in my chart playing out like I have my Mars in Aquarius in the 5th House. So yeah, I was just wondering if the cancer moon was contributing to that. I suppose the sun cancers would be more active in initiating and it would be quite effortless for them as the cardinal nature of it brings that energy.