The Fire That Destroyed the Library at Alexandria. Edgar Cayce spoke.

piercethevale

I'm posting here an e-mail that I wrote to my cousin, Margaret, in Oklahoma. Margaret is a 1st cousin to my, now departed, mother and was one of her closest friends and a confidante.
Margaret is a patriot in the truest sense of the word and a very devout Christian.

The e-mail:

"Hi Margaret. This is a bit shocking ...in that I have never read this before.
You know how much we studied Edgar Cayce in our family and we do [or did] have a great number of books on Edgar and his readings.
I read in one book where Cayce answered one inquirers question as to whether there were, or had been, any written first hand accounts about Jesus, to which He replied that there were but they were lost in the fire at the library of Alexandria.
Another inquiry about different info [it was about other subject matter] was posited and Cayce replied it was the children of King Harod that burned those particular documents.
The other day I picked a book out of my book case that I never read from cover to cover...it is, "Edgar Cayce On The Dead Sea Scrolls", by Glenn D. Kittler, under the editorship of Hugh Lynn Cayce. Edgar Cayce passed away in 1944, about 3 years before the scrolls were found,,,but He made mention of these, indirectly, in a number of readings.

[The following is stated to be either from reading number #2067 or in a reading given to Thomas Sague whom was preparing to write, the now famous book about Edgar Cayce, "There Is A River".]

Q. "A reading states that historic events from the time of the prophets until Christ were written by Thesea, Harod's wife. [Whom, Cayce told in a reading to #2067 that Harod decreed Her to die when He did and that was in 6 AD...yes!...SIX AD... as Harod was dying of cancer and didn't want Her alive after his own death and also have the children removed far away from the kingdom in the same decree. Thesea was said to have been an admirer of Jesus and his teachings.] Why did Her children destroy these writings at the Alexandrian Library and are any of these writings left on Earth at the present time."

A. "Her children did not destroy them.They were destroyed by the Mohammedans and the divisions in the church, who were the Jews and not the Romans nor the mixture of the Roman and Jewish influence. There are not these records, save as may be attained from some present in the Vatican."

INTERESTNG!... I have heard many different versions of the fire that destroyed the library at Alexandria...and they all take place centuries before. That it was Moslems means that it took place late in the 7th century or early in the 8th century.
I wonder why this was never mentioned in any other book on the Cayce material... I figure that the ARE organization has been suppressing it out of 'political correctness'...or what ever the heck that means... basically, i figure that they felt it to be something that was of a 'need to know' basis.

dr. farr

Actually there were 3 fires (according to the historical records at least)

-the first, which only consumed a relatively small part of the Library, occured during Caesar's capture of Alexandria during the time of Cleopatra; however, following this a major effort was undertaken to bring manuscripts from the known world, to help replace the part of the Library that was damaged.

-the next, and by far most devastating fire, was in the 4th century AD, carried out by fanatical Christian mobs**: here 2/3rds of the Library was destroyed, as well as the Serapeum (which was like a museum which contained hundreds of models of inventions from prior times, including a working model steam engine)

-the final destruction was carried out by Moslem invaders (8th century AD) What was left of the Library was used to feed the fires which heated the steam baths of Alexandria for the pleasures of the new masters of Egypt; supposedly the remnants of the Library (manuscripts, scrolls) supplied the fires daily over a 6 month period of time...

(**Note that these were roving mobs and they were not acting under the direction of the local authorities, bishops, or other Church officials)

Last edited:

piercethevale

Actually there were 3 fires (according to the historical records at least)

-the first, which only consumed a relatively small part of the Library, occured during Caesar's capture of Alexandria during the time of Cleopatra; however, following this a major effort was undertaken to bring manuscripts from the known world, to help replace the part of the Library that was damaged.

-the next, and by far most devastating fire, was in the 4th century AD, carried out by fanatical Christian mobs**: here 2/3rds of the Library was destroyed, as well as the Serapeum (which was like a museum which contained hundreds of models of inventions from prior times, including a working model steam engine)

-the final destruction was carried out by Moslem invaders (8th century AD) What was left of the Library was used to feed the fires which heated the steam baths of Alexandria for the pleasures of the new masters of Egypt; supposedly the remnants of the Library (manuscripts, scrolls) supplied the fires daily over a 6 month period of time...

(**Note that these were roving mobs and they were not acting under the direction of the local authorities, bishops, or other Church officials)

Interesting. I had caught on to that there was more than one fire. Now with Cayce's account about Herod's children...whom were alive after Ceasar's time...thus there were even more than 3 fires....and I have no doubt that there probably were more than 4 fires.
It's in the way Cayce replied that, it seems to me that, He is inferring that the destruction of records pertaining to the life of Jesus/Yeshua was done deliberately as to the way he identified Jews, and specifically which Jews, who were involved. If there was more in reply...as to what surely must have come...more questions on this matter...they certainly haven't been revealed to the public. ...and like I said, this is the only account of this particular question in any reading, and this is reading #2067 [and there are a great number of refs. to this reading in the book, "Edgar Cayce's Story Of Jesus" by Jeffrey Furst...a book I used a great deal of for info in my own book and have read a number of times in my life...and I couldn't even give a close guess to how many books I've read on the Cayce material both ARE approved and otherwise.]
I find this to be most provocative and will pursue more info on this from the ARE...

ps... If these burnings were done around 802-803 give or take a dozen years...well, that falls right in line with an Astrological timeline theory I have been touting.

Last edited:

piercethevale

And now after a bit of reflection...
This doesn't 'Ring' for me. I mean 'Really'.... your account of the 8th century final destruction is anathema to everything that has ever been championed about Islam being the religion that studied all knowledge and improved upon such many, many times...possibly re-inventing and thus improving such. [or re-discovering...as all was known in the Satya Yugas...and will be again.] Really, I mean destroying books/manuscripts of knowledge before ascertaining what was in them?
... sounds, shaky to me doctor.

JUPITERASC

Destruction of historical records by acts of war is the norm :smile:

Remember the total annihilation of priceless artefacts in museums and libraries of Hiroshima and Nagaski August 1945 as well as current continuing destruction of libraries/museums/universities containing irreplaceable ancient artefacts including cuneiform tablets in Iraq, Syria et al

piercethevale

Destruction of historical records by acts of war is the norm :smile:

Remember the total annihilation of priceless artefacts in museums and libraries of Hiroshima and Nagaski August 1945 as well as current continuing destruction of libraries/museums/universities containing irreplaceable ancient artefacts including cuneiform tablets in Iraq, Syria et al

The majority of Moslems in that time and area were Beduoin...and as such they were by inherent nature 'Scavengers'....nothing was disposed of before it was assessed for some value.
They knew just what they were doing... I'm not going to pull punches here for the sake of some 'Political Correctness'.
A number of years ago i had a few questions about Mohammed and the Moslems that I asked my trusted clairvoyant, Clarisse, about...one of which is the account that Mohammed died in 669 AD [yes, there are records that state that 669 AD was the year of death]... as this is 666 years after the birth of Yeshua/Jesus I asked Her if that is a sign that Mohammed was an incarnation of Evil...She said, "I see the writings being changed...changed for the 'Spilling of Blood'. [And that makes total sense as I couldn't understand the year of death beiong a sign of what that man was all about. [Yes, I have read the Koran...cover to cover...thank you.]

The Vatican is just as messed up themselves... I'm not saying anyone is any more innocent than the other here... And there are some Jews that have gone way astray too.

I'm just saying that some people [quite a number of them, actually.] had a definite agenda in suppressing who Yeshua/Jesus really was and what He was really all about.

dr. farr

Supposedly as justification for the destruction of the remaining Alexandrian collection, the leader of the newly occupying Islamic (Arabic) forces stated to the effect that if the material (being consigned to the flames) was NOT in the Koran, then it was not needed (and so could be burned), and if instead it were in the Koran, then it was just a duplication (and so could be burned as well)

It was about a century after this, that the Damascus Caliph, seeing a dearth of scientific and philosophical material available in the Near East, sent emissaries to Rome, Constantinople, Greece and Persia and India, to begin collecting such material, and therefore beginning the collection-of-knowledge process for which Islam later became famous.

piercethevale

Well, it has come to my attention that the 'Higher Ups' in both Catholicism and Islam have knowledge of the time of birth and some of the events involving the life of Yeshua/Jesus and are keeping it from the rest of humanity.
The most obvious [to me] is that the last Pope seemed to have chosen the day He wished to die on. Charlie Gibbons, ABC news commentator said on the air that he did in fact recall that April 2nd, [the day of death] was in fact the true birth date of Yeshua/Jesus, but couldn't recall the source.
As to the Islamic, I have my reasons for...mainly due to the opposition and obstacles that have been thrown before me in trying to disseminate the info about the astrological chart I've produced and presented from a few people of the Islamic religion. Why? It shouldn't be a threat to Islam? Or is it?
Maybe, I've mis-interpreted what Cayce was trying to say. I wonder if the next questions was to as whether or not the destruction was deliberately done? Without the text of the complete reading I am, admittedly, at a loss to truly say.
I have become very wary, and more than a touch cynical, these last 12 years from all I've been through and what has transpired, since I began the quest to ascertain the birth chart. I know that no matter what I say some one, some where, becomes offended.
I cannot offer apologies or excuses for my actions in questioning such matters... to me it is imperative.
I do urge all to not take offense against an entire populace of either religion, Catholic or Islam. There are wonderful and beautiful people from both.
My recent operation was preformed by an Irish Catholic surgeon and the doctors in charge of internal medicine and recovery were Islamic [3 of them]. I owe my continued present existence to all of them.
Peace out!

Last edited:

leomoon

Q. "A reading states that historic events from the time of the prophets until Christ were written by Thesea, Harod's wife. [Whom, Cayce told in a reading to #2067 that Harod decreed Her to die when He did and that was in 6 AD...yes!...SIX AD... as Harod was dying of cancer and didn't want Her alive after his own death and also have the children removed far away from the kingdom in the same decree. Thesea was said to have been an admirer of Jesus and his teachings.] Why did Her children destroy these writings at the Alexandrian Library and are any of these writings left on Earth at the present time."
A. "Her children did not destroy them.They were destroyed by the Mohammedans and the divisions in the church, who were the Jews and not the Romans nor the mixture of the Roman and Jewish influence. There are not these records, save as may be attained from some present in the Vatican."

I always spelled the name as Herod.
Thanks for finding that quote btw. :love:

We visited the "new" Library of Alex right after the Revolution of 2011. People were so thrilled they had (thought) they overturned the govt. of Mubarak., but as it turned out, only 2 yrs later they had another military dictator take over.

Alexandria is a wonderful place to visit, as it has both the very old and the new interspersed.

We even stayed near a Lighthouse in the Sea...which we could see from the hotel (which happened to be next door to the old Palace)

What a history!

I received a gift from a woman who I did a reading for years ago. She sent me the story of the Library then called the Agora.
The movie received rave reviews, (I loved it), starred a beautiful young actress by the name of Rachel Weist who played the mathematician/astronomer Hypatia.

It was done in English even though its a Spanish made movie.

Available on DVD and probably on youtube too.
It almost makes you feel you were there, (at least it did for me)
and I can't thank the lady who sent it to me enough.

She said she thought of me when she saw Hypatia. What a complement! (I didn't deserve) :surprised:

How they depicted the destruction of the Library:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEFpGNh_PTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtssXiVnP-U&feature=emb_logo

Last edited:

piercethevale

I always spelled the name as Herod.
Thanks for finding that quote btw. :love:

We visited the "new" Library of Alex right after the Revolution of 2011. People were so thrilled they had (thought) they overturned the govt. of Mubarak., but as it turned out, only 2 yrs later they had another military dictator take over.

Alexandria is a wonderful place to visit, as it has both the very old and the new interspersed.

We even stayed near a Lighthouse in the Sea...which we could see from the hotel (which happened to be next door to the old Palace)

What a history!

I received a gift from a woman who I did a reading for years ago. She sent me the story of the Library then called the Agora.
The movie received rave reviews, (I loved it), starred a beautiful young actress by the name of Rachel Weist who played the mathematician/astronomer Hypatia.

It was done in English even though its a Spanish made movie.

Available on DVD and probably on youtube too.
It almost makes you feel you were there, (at least it did for me)
and I can't thank the lady who sent it to me enough.

She said she thought of me when she saw Hypatia. What a complement! (I didn't deserve) :surprised:

How they depicted the destruction of the Library:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEFpGNh_PTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtssXiVnP-U&feature=emb_logo

I'll try to check those movies out... or documentaries, whatever they are.

What I found so intriguing in the account in Jeffrey Furst's book, which is the same question asked Cayce, but from a different person, in that He said the exact same thing, the exact same words except the last few. In thhat reading He says that there may be some in existence in the vatican but wasn't sure of it.

As it was either the angelic or one of the ascended masters, which are probably the most spiritually advanced souls to be found on, or interacting, with this material realm, that spoke through Cayce that reading... and if none of them can get inside the Vatican library to check, then ask yourself, "Why not?" ...and then ask, "for what reason?"

Might they be hiding something in there? Might there be some sort of activities that go on in there that are being concealed?

One of the things I learned from being the target of "Dark Rites" is that there are spells that can block clairvoyants from seeing, there are spells that can block entities from entering.
I know this for a fact, because I even learned to employ one type of such myself and witnessed the effectiveness, some years ago. It's not something one goes about lightly in doing, it's the sort of thing one would employ in only the more desperate situations , as the one I used involves angelic intervention.

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Piercethevale,
Firstly i'm not trying to say Jesus didn't exist, and i know we like to look at rectified charts, but we don't really know the date and probably never will, we live in hope!
In our Calendar when it was the Julian Calendar in the time of Jesus, the Winter Solstice was falling on 25th December that is associated with pagan god's births, so is a dubious date, it looks likely to stop pagan worship they just put a fictional Christ birthday on top.
For any other date, we have 6th January which we know as Epiphany, the early church thought that Christ's birth, the arrival of the 3 Wise Men, the First Miracle, and his Baptism all fell on January 6th, which is dubious!
Egeria made a pilgrimage to Bethlehem in the 380's and found the birth was celebrated on 6th January, link below:-
http://www.ldysinger.com/@texts/0381_egeria/00a_start.htm
I find it all dubious because where Jesus was born, baptized and first Miracle all seem to be on approx. 31 degrees North Latitude line.
The Jews use previous sunset as start of the day, this makes it sunset on 5th January, where Sirius is rising in the East by astronomy....it is too neat for me, as Sirius is often used in electional astrology.
With these dates as being dubious, we just use rectified charts that are again dubious, sadly!

leomoon

Edgar Cayce said in one reading that "depending on the calendar used", Jesus was born on March 19th, and from the Julian calendar year 4BC. from the Hebrew calendar or Mosaic year 1899.

Someone asked him to clarify a seeming contradiction when he said to another that we keep Christ birth about the same correct time of December 25-26th. He went on to explain again about calendar changes and different calendars in use since.

(readings 587-6 & 2967-7)

When I wrote about Jesus birth, I referenced Pope Benedict because the year before (as I was in the process of writing my own write up), I went to the library to get his new little book he wrote upon his early retirement...about Jesus and the Nativity.
https://www.astro-seek.com/birth-chart/pope-benedict-xvi-horoscope

I found a few things I didn't agree with him about, and was disappointed he didn't apparently have or share anything new (from the vaults or basement vaults) I always heard they had in Rome. IF there was anything to clarify and add to the Christmas Story, he didn't do so to my dissatisfaction (but I didn't buy the book) :biggrin: so I can't complain!

Here is something he said I was interested in hearing about:
Pope Benedict aka Joseph Ratzinger now retired wrote about this problem in his book last Christmas and surmised that with the error recorded by an early century Bishop Dionysius Exiguus made the error of a few years, which pushes Jesus birth date back earlier then perhaps 7-6 BCE. [The Infancy Narratives of Jesus of Nazareth” Pope Benedict XV1 2012]

***He concluded it as 5BC but of course, there is the astronomical difference of a year pushing it back to 4BC (from the change of BC to AD or BCE to CE)

I TOOK ISSUE WITH BENEDICT'S DEPICTION THAT THERE WERE NO ANIMALS, AND IT WAS LIKELY WINTER OR FALL (THE BIRTH MONTH) WHICH MADE NO SENSE TO ME.
[FONT=&quot]
also said he did not believe there were cattle or any kind of livestock present at the manger scene or arriving to see the birth of the new infant. Certainly their presence or the lack thereof doesn’t alter the impact of Jesus’s birth in Christianity. Our beloved Christmas Story would just not be the same without the lowly shepherds standing in the manger complete with their lambs. Mr. Cayce however, tells us that indeed, the shepherds were there and they saw and were in awe of the light from this star. In addition he tells us that patrons of the nearby inn too were in a state of bewilderment witnessing the celestial event. Mr. Cayce says they all saw the star, the light. [5749-13]
[/FONT]

As I recall he said he thought the Autumn months made sense for the birth of Jesus, perhaps in September. That made no sense to me, but he is the Pope, not me.
So I looked up Sheep - (he mentioned sheep in the autumn in Israel)because of the mention of shepherds and sheep. He was very much against the idea of Jesus being born in a stable of any kind with larger animals about.

https://www.livescience.com/52755-sheep-facts.html#:~:text=Mating season, called the rut, happens
%20in%20the,two%20offspring%20at%20a%20time%20in%20the%20spring.

Mating season, called the rut, happens in the autumn. After mating, female sheep have a gestation period of around five months. They usually give birth to one or two offspring at a time in the spring.

His book is in the local libraries, but I won't be getting it again.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Monk

Premium Member
It appears one must join the group to read anything there? :sad:
Hi Leomoon,

Thanks for telling me,
I've pasted my comments on this below:-

I think we can leave out 25th December as his birthday, for Caesar made 0046BC 455 days long before starting the Julian Calendar on 1st January 0045BC, it seems he want the spring Equinox on 25th March as mentioned below, and Year of Confusion, by adding that amount of days within reason he could have placed the Equinox where he liked in the new calendar:-
[www.uh.edu]
[en.wikipedia.org]
If James Cook had landed in Australia 20 years earlier then he would have celebrated New Year on 25th March, this is explained by Lady Day:-
[en.wikipedia.org]
When Julius Caeser placed the Equinox on 25th March, then the Winter solstice would have moved to 25th December.
The Julian Calendar was found to have an error of 11 minutes a year at the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, they didn't put it right, but just fixed the date at March 21st which we know as the ecclesiatical Full Moon for Easter:-
[en.wikipedia.org]
When the church upgraded the Calendar into the Gregorian one we have today, they had to take days out of the calendar, they took 10 days out which only took them back to The Council of Nicaea in 325AD, they didn't go back to 0045BC, if they did this, then the Winter Solstice would be falling on 25th December now and not 21st December.
Even after Jesus there were religious cults forming on 25th December like Sol Invictus:-
[en.wikipedia.org]
Why do we celebrate Christmas on December 25?
The reason for the choice of December 25 goes back to an ancient belief that prophets died on the same date they were conceived.
Believing Jesus died on March 25, early theologians pinpointed that as the date of the annunciation, when Mary was told she would have the baby.
December 25 is nine months after that and was, therefore, chosen as the birth date.
The link below about the Julian Calendar, i wrote several years ago which looks likely to have been aligned to Sirius:-
[wintertriangle.wordpress.com]

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Piercethevale,
Firstly i'm not trying to say Jesus didn't exist, and i know we like to look at rectified charts, but we don't really know the date and probably never will, we live in hope!
In our Calendar when it was the Julian Calendar in the time of Jesus, the Winter Solstice was falling on 25th December that is associated with pagan god's births, so is a dubious date, it looks likely to stop pagan worship they just put a fictional Christ birthday on top.
For any other date, we have 6th January which we know as Epiphany, the early church thought that Christ's birth, the arrival of the 3 Wise Men, the First Miracle, and his Baptism all fell on January 6th, which is dubious!
Egeria made a pilgrimage to Bethlehem in the 380's and found the birth was celebrated on 6th January, link below:-
http://www.ldysinger.com/@texts/0381_egeria/00a_start.htm
I find it all dubious because where Jesus was born, baptized and first Miracle all seem to be on approx. 31 degrees North Latitude line.
The Jews use previous sunset as start of the day, this makes it sunset on 5th January, where Sirius is rising in the East by astronomy....it is too neat for me, as Sirius is often used in electional astrology.
With these dates as being dubious, we just use rectified charts that are again dubious, sadly!

Hi Leomoon,
The jews started the day by the sunset previous to date, so 6th January becomes sunset on the 5th January, it doesn't matter if i have the year wrong as precession will not take place for many years backwards or forwards, you will see as Sun sets, Sirius is rising at location by link below:-
https://i.imgur.com/tx7HuAP.png