Does your life really need a grand purpose for existing?

Jacklier

I mean there are people who work 100x harder than any of us will but still end up in poverty. I’m picturing immigrants who try to make it in the new country, by making ends meet working laborious and generally “unwanted” jobs.

But I also understand hard work can give you an accomplished life if you were born under the right circumstances, aka had resources and education available.

Working makes life better. Im talking in and out. I dont seek fame or something else, because these things are not important for me. About the people working harder, but still in poverty.... Well its either Saturn involved, or they dont do what fate wants them to do. I follow my path and my life is going super and everything is balanced, while my cousin she is ment ot study psihology and while she did it, her life was with a purpose and happy. The moment she dropped out and started working something that isnt her fate ( ordinary job ), her life fell down the spiral and now she is just a lifeless lonely person. I think you`ve got my idea.

Jacklier

Working to do what?

Most people’s deathbed regret is that they worked too hard and not have had a chance to enjoy life.

Well i dont know about you, but i enjoy life by working. About the deathbed. Again as ive said it, people dont know what they want or never taked any risks to follow their hearts and ofcourse they will regret it.

Thirdteenth

Working makes life better. Im talking in and out. I dont seek fame or something else, because these things are not important for me. About the people working harder, but still in poverty.... Well its either Saturn involved, or they dont do what fate wants them to do. I follow my path and my life is going super and everything is balanced, while my cousin she is ment ot study psihology and while she did it, her life was with a purpose and happy. The moment she dropped out and started working something that isnt her fate ( ordinary job ), her life fell down the spiral and now she is just a lifeless lonely person. I think you`ve got my idea.

Hello Jacklier :joyful: I am wondering how it is that you would know if that is your cousin’s fate to just study psychology or physiology, or philosophy (sir if you could correct your spelling on that word. I’m not too sure what word you were trying to convey. Thank you)? Or purpose ? There are different factors that could lead to why her life went “down a spiral” from your own perception of it to be. If she dropped out of that study to pursue a different field then that initial study might not have brought her as much fulfillment as she thought it would have. If she were to go back into a study that she lost the excitement for then why would it renew any sort of happiness in her life?

These are just my two cents :lol:

JUPITERASC

dalai_lama_quote_12b_postcard-p239117299721048153envli_400.jpg

Thirdteenth

I see where he is coming from but I don’t entirely agree with the man here. We still need to have a level of discernment and equilibrium in our dealings. Not every situation calls for kindness, compassion, love, and forgiveness. Sometimes you have to put your foot so far up where the sun don’t shine and put your foot down to let someone know that you are not messing around because there are people who exist that could care less about kindness, compassion or forgiveness. You’ll just be seen as a target and a person that can be manipulated because you’re just going to forgive and I promise you that there are people that exist who will drain the life force out of you if you let them. You need to have discernment sweet one and be careful out here. I’m not saying kindness, compassion and forgiveness is not allowed however not everyone deserves that treatment, especially through trail and error! That’s just me though :) Everyone is different.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The priority we give to material goods in our life
is up to each of us to determine :smile:
This is also part of deciding how we want to define ourselves.
If we are looking to our jobs and to material things
to tell us how we are, what we are worth, and where we fit in the world
this is a sign
that we have become profoundly confused about the order of things.

It shows we have missed the point
about how we human beings stand
in relation to the material world.

17th Karmapa from the book
"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

Bunraku

I see where he is coming from but I don’t entirely agree with the man here. We still need to have a level of discernment and equilibrium in our dealings. Not every situation calls for kindness, compassion, love, and forgiveness. Sometimes you have to put your foot so far up where the sun don’t shine and put your foot down to let someone know that you are not messing around because there are people who exist that could care less about kindness, compassion or forgiveness. You’ll just be seen as a target and a person that can be manipulated because you’re just going to forgive and I promise you that there are people that exist who will drain the life force out of you if you let them. You need to have discernment sweet one and be careful out here. I’m not saying kindness, compassion and forgiveness is not allowed however not everyone deserves that treatment, especially through trail and error! That’s just me though :) Everyone is different.

I think that quote is bullish!t. All of the world major religions spread and became popular because they slaughtered and killed many people, and overthrew old religions and wiped them out.

Buddhists can be really vicious. The image of peace and love is all fake.

Thirdteenth

I think that quote is bullish!t. All of the world major religions spread and became popular because they slaughtered and killed many people, and overthrew old religions and wiped them out.

Buddhists can be really vicious. The image of peace and love is all fake.

From what I know of the Bible (the doctrine itself, not the religion. These churches could careless about what comes from that book nowadays or if they ever really did to began with from the start..), it is not a doctrine that solely speaks of love, kindness, compassion, hugs, peace, and harmony everyday, all day! It has chapters that speaks of slaying, judgement, and distributing the law and commandments through force if need be. I never ignored that portion of the Bible because it is important to take notice of when discussing these major religions because I agree that it has a tendency to hide itself behind this rainbow coalition of peace and harmony. The churches often share the parts of the Bible that would be pleasing to the audience attending but if they were to read the not so sweet and dandy parts to their congregation then people would leave and that means no more money for the pastor :( They won’t be able to fund their million dollar jets, cars, fancy tailored suits and let’s not forget about what they do behind close doors :whistling:

Last edited:

Thirdteenth

I would not say that these major religions completely wiped these old religions from the face of the earth. Most of them I found were altered to be less “barbaric” and suitable for the churches standards. However, it is not the doctrine itself that really wiped out these old-religions but the people who had ownership of the doctrine at the time. Have you ever heard of the saying absolute power corrupts absolutely? I don’t agree with it entirely. It all depends on who has that power that makes it corrupt rather than the power itself.

Bunraku

The book can influence religion.... but it’s the practice, actions, and the beliefs of the people that matters the most. That’s what religion is.

You can’t claim the no-true-Scotsman argument because that’s who they literally are/were.

Thirdteenth

The root word for Religion comes from the Latin word Relegere! Which means “to bind (Moreover the Latin word Legere means “to link”). Now that word Bind itself means “to secure or fasten something together”. In order for something to get bind together then someone would need to be doing the act of the tying itself. Which means the yielder of the tie would determine the manner in which the binding process would go. The word Doctrine (different from religion as I said before) comes from the Latin word Doctrina, which just means “a body of teaching”.

The book can influence the individual to an extent but not entirely if they haven’t even read the book itself and also there has been times where these books get altered as well, so is it really just the book’s influence at that point?

Bunraku

People practice religion. Books are inanimate objects.
That’s why it said *can*. But it’s how the people behave with it in the context of their culture and beliefs and practices is what matters.

:lol:

Jacklier

Hello Jacklier :joyful: I am wondering how it is that you would know if that is your cousin’s fate to just study psychology or physiology, or philosophy (sir if you could correct your spelling on that word. I’m not too sure what word you were trying to convey. Thank you)? Or purpose ? There are different factors that could lead to why her life went “down a spiral” from your own perception of it to be. If she dropped out of that study to pursue a different field then that initial study might not have brought her as much fulfillment as she thought it would have. If she were to go back into a study that she lost the excitement for then why would it renew any sort of happiness in her life?

These are just my two cents :lol:

I will corect myself. The word is psychology.

" If she dropped out of that study to pursue a different field then that initial study might not have brought her as much fulfillment as she thought it would have. If she were to go back into a study that she lost the excitement for then why would it renew any sort of happiness in her life? "

- She dropped out and just does not want to "evolve" ( evolving from my view is to always seek progress in life, by never letting go of education ). She did not lost the excitement to study. She had better grades than me. The moment she dropped out, she began to tattoo herself with meaningless "motivational quotes" and started drinking and her health got bad and jumped from one relationship to another. ( And may i say, that those things that ive said, ive sawn them on "repeat mode" with other people too and this is why im making a generalization. Its just as if every person when starts going "down" is making the same mistakes, the same as others made them. ) She was happy when she was studying, because she had a purpose. Now she is "happy" with men, but she confuses loneliness with love.

"I am wondering how it is that you would know if that is your cousin’s fate to just study psychology"

- This is what she wanted and she had the talent to read people.