Inquiry about Algol and Capulus

bellafran

Hi guys! I'm very new to the Astrologers' Community, and I just had a question about a couple of fixed stars I've been studying. I've been studying astrology for a while now, and decided to branch out into the fixed stars. I was immediately intrigued by the myth behind Algol, so I inputted it into my natal chart. Turns out Algol is in conjunction with my natal Sun by two degrees. After reading all about the mythology behind Algol, I was a little freaked. However, I then input Capulus and the star is conjunct my sun by zero degrees. I know this is probably a silly question, but does having Capulus, since it is the nemesis star of Algol, present with the conjunction between my natal Sun and Algol possibly lessen the chance of injury often associated with having a strong aspect of Algol in your chart? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Thank you, and I hope I haven't broken any community rules; this is actually my first time posting. :)

ElenaJ

They both oppose my sun.
I look to what the sun represents in my natal to understand where it might be felt.
Where is yours?

bellafran

All three stars; Natal Algol, Natal Capulus, and Natal Sun reside in my seventh house in Taurus. How do Algol and Capulus affect your sun in opposition?

ElenaJ

Restrictive but not destructive.
In your 7th it would probably effect your partnerships, your marriage, any dealings with lawyers. Does it ring a bell with you?

bellafran

Oh yeah. I often find that people tend to be a little intimidated around me most of the time, could be my scorp rising. Having my sun in the seventh has always been a struggle for me in general. Partnerships in tend to be quite difficult for me to attain and maintain, despite sun in the seventh. Maybe that's because of the conjunction with Algol. Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

JUPITERASC

Hi guys! I'm very new to the Astrologers' Community, and I just had a question about a couple of fixed stars I've been studying. I've been studying astrology for a while now, and decided to branch out into the fixed stars. I was immediately intrigued by the myth behind Algol, so I inputted it into my natal chart. Turns out Algol is in conjunction with my natal Sun by two degrees. After reading all about the mythology behind Algol, I was a little freaked. However, I then input Capulus and the star is conjunct my sun by zero degrees. I know this is probably a silly question, but does having Capulus, since it is the nemesis star of Algol, present with the conjunction between my natal Sun and Algol possibly lessen the chance of injury often associated with having a strong aspect of Algol in your chart? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Thank you, and I hope I haven't broken any community rules; this is actually my first time posting. :)
ALGOL information at http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

THE FIXED STARS :smile:
IN NATAL ASTROLOGY http://www.constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm

JUPITERASC

Thank you so much! I'm going to check these out right now :)
keep in mind that conjunctions to fixed stars are only noticeable

when conjunct by LATITUDE and/or DECLINATION
and not solely by Longitude :smile:
"additional tables pdf" above top left of astro.com chart
provide latitude as well as declination and longitude

i.e.

although longitudinal conjunction only is accepted by modernist astrologers
fixed star "conjunction" is in fact not entirely longitudinal
because
majority of fixed stars are BEYOND the ECLIPTIC aka apparent path of the Sun
and
to have any notable influence natally
fixed stars require "conjunction" by LATITUDE and/or DECLINATION as well as longitude
declination2.gif

64907-004-870197D7.jpg

MORE DETAILED DIAGRAM OF EQUATORIAL CO-ORDINATE SYSTEM

Figure34.gif

bellafran

Hm this is very interesting. SO in regards to fixed star conjunctions, are you saying the longitude, latitude, and declination need to all be within about a six degree conjunction of each other? I honestly have never taken into account the longitude, nor the declination. Haha I've got some studying to do.

ElenaJ

Oh yeah. I often find that people tend to be a little intimidated around me most of the time, could be my scorp rising. Having my sun in the seventh has always been a struggle for me in general. Partnerships in tend to be quite difficult for me to attain and maintain, despite sun in the seventh. Maybe that's because of the conjunction with Algol. Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

Check out this quote from the link Jupiterasc posted.
"Some authorities suggest aspects to the fixed stars can be read, but it is only the opposition that is thought to be of any relevance. The opposition may exert some influence due to the polarity, but the conjunction is by far the primary aspect to consider. "

bellafran

Oh! That seems to make sense, especially since both latitude and declination need to be taken into account for conjunctions with fixed stars. I think I understand. Thank you, guys.

bellafran

Never mind, I think I understand what you're saying. At the top of "http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm" there is a chart displaying what I believe is the correct longitude and declination for the fixed star itself. Do you just take those degrees and compare to your own fixed placement? Hope I'm making sense lol

Teach

Banned
bellafran,

I'll tell you something about Algol, from secure sources.

::: Algol, the fixed star signifying success. Algol signifies success, a wealthy mind, a deep psychology, astrological skill and higher travels.

So, bellafran, do you indentify yourself with these character traits? :

-Algol people are always very intelligent

-Algol people can be rich in old age.

-Algol people can travel the higher mind.

-Algol people can be real good in astrology

-Algol people are artistic.

Do you identify?

bellafran

I cannot say I identify 100% with everything listed, but I do have a strong interest in Astrology. I have always had an interest in the arts, however I would not go as far to say I am "very intelligent". Thank you for the insight on Algol. I haven't heard much besides the negative attributes it carries with it. I really need to continue studying the stars before I worry about their placement in my chart.

Teach

Banned
Hello bellafran,

Algol generally means a good career.

You have Algol in your chart, since it's conjunct Sun within 3 degrees of orb. (as far as i can see)

You must be a Taurus right?

I don't think fixed stars are negative always.

I'm intuitive

JUPITERASC

bellafran,

I'll tell you something about Algol, from secure sources.
a link to these "secure sources" would be useful

::: Algol, the fixed star signifying success. Algol signifies success, a wealthy mind, a deep psychology, astrological skill and higher travels.

So, bellafran, do you indentify yourself with these character traits? :

-Algol people are always very intelligent

-Algol people can be rich in old age.

-Algol people can travel the higher mind.

-Algol people can be real good in astrology

-Algol people are artistic.

Do you identify?
DISIDENTIFICATION :smile:

There are more intelligent people than there are "Algol people"
"Rich old people" are not "Algol people"

Billions "can travel the higher mind" who are not "Algol people"
hundreds of millions of those who can be real good in astrology are NOT "Algol people"
Billions of artistic people are NOT "Algol people"

JUPITERASC

Never mind, I think I understand what you're saying.

At the top of "http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm"
there is a chart displaying what I believe is
the correct longitude and declination for the fixed star itself.
Do you just take those degrees and compare to your own fixed placement?

Hope I'm making sense lol
Fixed star: ALGOL
Constellation: Beta (β) Perseus
Longitude 1900: 24TAU46
Longitude 2000: 26TAU10

Declination 1900: +40.34'
Declination 2000: +40.57'

Right ascension: 03h 08m

Latitude: +22.25'

Spectral class: B8
Magnitude: 2.1 VAR

by noting the location of ALGOL in the years 1900 and 2000 :smile:
the table at the top of that page that you mention
illustrates that Fixed stars "travel"
just one degree of longitude every approximately 72 years

to FIND the LATITUDE and DECLINATION of your natal chart ALGOL
click on the link to "additional tables pdf"
that appears top left above natal chart drawings on astro.com

bellafran

Hey, sorry for the late response. Yes, I am a Taurus sun. Do you have a strong placement of Algol in your chart? you seem to know quite a lot about Algol. I'm glad to hear that Algol can have a positive affect on your chart.