The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Dubyadude1986

Ah, yes, the Saturn side of Aquarius - traditionally speaking.

You get a whole bunch of Pluto / Saturn / Jupiter Cap and then a bunch more in Aqua, double Saturn trouble...

Dubyadude1986

And as Rick Merlin would say: By The Way, I'm not saying Saturn - or Aquarius - or traditional Saturn ruled Aquarius is ugly - quite the opposite actually - BUT - I am saying it's the side of Aquarius that requires more WORK - and isn't always as appealing or aesthetically appeasing initially. Highly rewarding though. So, don't get it twisted, dude... :sideways::whistling:

Last edited:

Ancar

David, before we ever debate again, please read both Ray Grasse (Signs of the Times - ALL of it) and (regarding spiritually motivated violence) Arthur Koestler (Ghost in the Machine, at least the 3rd section). I could quote and quote and quote from them, but such would be wasted effort when the full texts and facts are laid out so well in these books (and so thoroughly and impressively referenced/documented) to read, explore, and contemplate. These "encyclopedic" texts express so much more fully and exactly what I am trying to convey.

Myself - admitting my paucity of accumulated knowledge vis-à-vis these amazing minds - I'm throwing in my cards. Game over for me.

But before I retire from what seems a gridlocked thread - which I wish I had never started - I would like to say that I am not distorting Pisces (whose energies* live inside me every day) in order to fit my premise. Every sign has its positive qualities and its dark shadows. Pisces/Neptune not only rules kindness, selflessness, beautiful ideals, and my favorite, fantasy, which helped me survive a very abusive upbringing and made me a very successful actor - but Pisces/Neptune also rules poisoning, "gaslighting", paranoia, and insanity. It most definitely has a dark side.

*I have Jupiter, Venus, Mars, and the NN in tight conjunction in the middle of Pisces, and my Piscean Venus is in mutual reception with my Libra Neptune, which is my most elevated planet and my only planet with no negative aspects - but my Neptune IS trine my Aquarian Sun (which is intercepted; i.e., Aquarius does not contact any house cusp, thus disempowered. So Neptune is its only positive outlet). Right now, tr. Neptune is making its 4th consecutive conjunction of my Piscean Mars, and it's soon to go stationary direct for a 5th consecutive exact conjunction (without ever leaving the conjunction orb) - which will finally end two years of oppressive lethargy, painful tragic loss and death, and frustrated, angry despair that has led to rage. Does that qualify that I know the nature of Pisces?

REGARDING VIOLENCE EXHIBITED IN THE AGES:

Arian violence is simply unmitigated, straightforward aggression and random brutality - the Roman Empire and the Coliseum should suffice as examples.

Very distinct from Arian violence, Capricornian violence usually invokes unquestioned formalized "laws" (which may be officially changed as expedience dictates), harsh confinement, neatly structured cruel punishment. The historical Catholic Church epitomizes to me the dark side of Capricorn (and significantly they chose the Winter Solstice, a sacred pagan day in Capricorn which marked the death of the Sun, as their Church's holiest of days, Xmas - with no evidence whatsoever that Jesus was born on that day - Jesus was NO Capricorn!).

With my assumption that this religion represented Capricornian negativity at its most significant in recent history in Europe (and not in the world, as would an astrological age) - it first officially burned Joan of Arc at the stake and then officially canonized her as St. Joan of Arc - as this seemed expedient at the time - Capricorn, always practical.

This Church ceremoniously burned the outspoken but forever honest and ingenious Giordano Bruno, but just formally imprisoned the fickle Galileo (who had only parroted Bruno's "blasphemous" heliocentric notions, but had retracted them in cowardice) in his sumptuous house for the rest of his life. And do you know that Galileo actually publicly mocked Kepler for suggesting that the Moon had an effect on the tides, calling this an "occult fancy"?! That assured his "safe" situation with the Church. What a self-serving a*ss! He played to the Capricornian "rules" very well.

Quite on the other hand, Piscean violence is instigated by intense paranoia and imagined desperation for self-survival. It can be irrational, out-of-control - wild hysteria that spreads like wildfire. (There's nothing Capricornian or Arian about it.) It's like a terrified animal fighting for its life, even when that is not the actual situation it is in.

After doing synastries for decades, I have never been wrong in observing that someone whose natal Neptune is square your natal Sun or Moon is likely to lie to you or betray you to save their own a*ss - very often quite unwillingly and regretfully, but nevertheless, very often with serious consequences for you. (See other threads on this very forum as to the negative sides of Pisces/Neptune.)

Just as it is suggested that I have distorted the nature of Pisces, I might suggest that the recent oppositions to my claims idealize Pisces far too much. Every sign has its fine qualities but also its dark side - and Pisces is not an exception.

And also, yes, due to what I believe to be the great overlap of the Ages, the ugly side of Aquarius has already begun - this is BRILLIANTLY demonstrated in Grasse's Signs of the Times. PLEASE READ IT.

Ancar

I can remember how much I struggled with The Ghost in the Machine at 20 despite feeling like it had all my answers, but there was no one to read it with, only references in other texts had pointed there. Just picked it up again to read as you directed, thanks.

Do you see any way to limit the negative potentiality of human-machine cognition and power in the coming years besides degrowth (which I don't see happening intentionally)?

Dear Passiflora,

I apologize for failing to respond to your question so long ago! Actually, all I can say is that I truly don't know what is going to happen. Looking at the state of the world right now, the outlook seems hopeless at this juncture in history. It seems we're in full Kali Yuga.

To my horror, "degrowth" actually appears to be occurring in the neocortex of a large portion of the populace, whereas growth seems to be exploding in the irrational limbic - without the growth of the instinctive inhibition that keeps the majority of other species from killing their own species, but with a terrifying growth of the very human curse of greed that is destroying our civilization and our environment.

Koestler declared our brains an evolutionary mistake doomed to self-destruction; however, his closing solutions seem very unlikely - even absurd - like a modified Brave New World with a reformulated soma. I can't imagine (or even want?) anything like that to happen. Despite Koestler's brilliant insights, his final conclusions fail.

One thing that I have been ruminating over is that Koestler never refers to compassion, which seems to be the essential "missing" link in the solution. To me, compassion is neither a quality of the rational or the irrational. It is a quality that was first embraced by more of humanity in the Age of Pisces, but alas, that is fading as the coldly rational Age of Aquarian Tech emerges - limbic brain still unevolved. (See Ray Grasse's Signs of the Times for the chilling possibilities of unenlightened Aquarianism.)

The one hope that I cling to is that more of us seem to be increasing the rational understanding of cooperation in the neocortex over the dangerous consequences of the limbic brain - and perhaps many of us have even evolved the instinctive pan-species inhibition (except for ants, rats, and us) against killing our own species - I feel that I have always had this instinctive inhibition.

But compassion. What of compassion now that Pisces - despite its potential dark sides - is leaving us - what will be left? At times, I feel that I don't want to live to find out.

david starling

David, before we ever debate again, please read both Ray Grasse (Signs of the Times - ALL of it) and (regarding spiritually motivated violence) Arthur Koestler (Ghost in the Machine, at least the 3rd section). I could quote and quote and quote from them, but such would be wasted effort when the full texts and facts are laid out so well in these books (and so thoroughly and impressively referenced/documented) to read, explore, and contemplate. These "encyclopedic" texts express so much more fully and exactly what I am trying to convey.

Myself - admitting my paucity of accumulated knowledge vis-à-vis these amazing minds - I'm throwing in my cards. Game over for me.

But before I retire from what seems a gridlocked thread - which I wish I had never started - I would like to say that I am not distorting Pisces (whose energies* live inside me every day) in order to fit my premise. Every sign has its positive qualities and its dark shadows. Pisces/Neptune not only rules kindness, selflessness, beautiful ideals, and my favorite, fantasy, which helped me survive a very abusive upbringing and made me a very successful actor - but Pisces/Neptune also rules poisoning, "gaslighting", paranoia, and insanity. It most definitely has a dark side.

*I have Jupiter, Venus, Mars, and the NN in tight conjunction in the middle of Pisces, and my Piscean Venus is in mutual reception with my Libra Neptune, which is my most elevated planet and my only planet with no negative aspects - but my Neptune IS trine my Aquarian Sun (which is intercepted; i.e., Aquarius does not contact any house cusp, thus disempowered. So Neptune is its only positive outlet). Right now, tr. Neptune is making its 4th consecutive conjunction of my Piscean Mars, and it's soon to go stationary direct for a 5th consecutive exact conjunction (without ever leaving the conjunction orb) - which will finally end two years of oppressive lethargy, painful tragic loss and death, and frustrated, angry despair that has led to rage. Does that qualify that I know the nature of Pisces?

REGARDING VIOLENCE EXHIBITED IN THE AGES:

Arian violence is simply unmitigated, straightforward aggression and random brutality - the Roman Empire and the Coliseum should suffice as examples.

Very distinct from Arian violence, Capricornian violence usually invokes unquestioned formalized "laws" (which may be officially changed as expedience dictates), harsh confinement, neatly structured cruel punishment. The historical Catholic Church epitomizes to me the dark side of Capricorn (and significantly they chose the Winter Solstice, a sacred pagan day in Capricorn which marked the death of the Sun, as their Church's holiest of days, Xmas - with no evidence whatsoever that Jesus was born on that day - Jesus was NO Capricorn!).

With my assumption that this religion represented Capricornian negativity at its most significant in recent history in Europe (and not in the world, as would an astrological age) - it first officially burned Joan of Arc at the stake and then officially canonized her as St. Joan of Arc - as this seemed expedient at the time - Capricorn, always practical.

This Church ceremoniously burned the outspoken but forever honest and ingenious Giordano Bruno, but just formally imprisoned the fickle Galileo (who had only parroted Bruno's "blasphemous" heliocentric notions, but had retracted them in cowardice) in his sumptuous house for the rest of his life. And do you know that Galileo actually publicly mocked Kepler for suggesting that the Moon had an effect on the tides, calling this an "occult fancy"?! That assured his "safe" situation with the Church. What a self-serving a*ss! He played to the Capricornian "rules" very well.

Quite on the other hand, Piscean violence is instigated by intense paranoia and imagined desperation for self-survival. It can be irrational, out-of-control - wild hysteria that spreads like wildfire. (There's nothing Capricornian or Arian about it.) It's like a terrified animal fighting for its life, even when that is not the actual situation it is in.

After doing synastries for decades, I have never been wrong in observing that someone whose natal Neptune is square your natal Sun or Moon is likely to lie to you or betray you to save their own a*ss - very often quite unwillingly and regretfully, but nevertheless, very often with serious consequences for you. (See other threads on this very forum as to the negative sides of Pisces/Neptune.)

Just as it is suggested that I have distorted the nature of Pisces, I might suggest that the recent oppositions to my claims idealize Pisces far too much. Every sign has its fine qualities but also its dark side - and Pisces is not an exception.

And also, yes, due to what I believe to be the great overlap of the Ages, the ugly side of Aquarius has already begun - this is BRILLIANTLY demonstrated in Grasse's Signs of the Times. PLEASE READ IT.

Well, it looks like you're using the constellations instead of the equal sidereal Signs, which I'm using. So, the overlap you refer to is apparently specific to only those of Pisces and Aquarius, whereas I'm talking about a regular pattern of overlapping Signs, using a carefully located Age Window, of one Sign's length. This means a Convergence of the Age Window with a Sign, at the beginning of the Age of the next Sign in the order of Age Window movement.
I've recently realized that the resistance to the very concept of tropical Ages is due to the desire of tropicalists to maintain a connection to the zodiacal constellations, even though they don't register in an actual, tropical Chart. I don't see the Ages as anything other than a Chart-influence, with the result known as an "Age" being simply the aggregate effect of having the Age-indicator in everyone's Chart in the same Sign for so many centuries.
I'm glad you see the Capricornian nature of the early Roman Catholic Church. But, that was just the first stage of the tropical Age of Capricorn. Now, it's entered its final stage as One World Capitalism, complete with 10 economic Trade Zones, appropriate for the Age of the 10th tropical Sign, and signified by the motto, E Pluribus Unum. The number 10 converts to 1, numerologically (1+0=1).
Capitalism has taken over most of the planet, commensurate with its being the result of an Age, and I don't see Capitalism as either Piscean or Aquarian. But it does fit in with Capricorn. [IMO]

I'm sorry you regret starting the thread. When it comes to the power of the Astrological Ages, we're in full agreement.

Last edited:

david starling

Faults would be one part of it. I’m also thinking of “stuff one might assign to 12th or 7th house” - externalizations, projections, invisible characteristics and costs.

Pisces isn't structured enough to account for the powerful, organized Church and State, or the Capitalistic economic system of this Age. It's not especially time or money oriented. Like water, it takes the path of least resistance and goes with the flow. Not normally confrontational or competitive. Not technologically oriented either, unlike Capricorn.
In lieu of an Age of tropical Capricorn, the onus has to fall on the Sign of the next Age, Aquarius. But, Capricorn's the Goat. :sad:

david starling

There's always been violence associated with organized religions. You don't need an Age of Pisces to account for that. There have always been devout believers in religious doctrine as well. What's different about this Age is the devout belief in materialistic science. Modern science is the religion-substitute for the tropical, Earth-sign Age of Capricorn, now culminating.

Tropical, Cardinal-sign Ages show their true results at the end, because they're innovative, and tradition and societal inertia hold them back. This occurred between c.3500 and 3100 B.C.E. in the Tigris-Euphrates region, at the end of the tropical Age of Cardinal-sign Libra, which began c.4800 B.C.E. The innovations were astounding, just as they are now, at the end of the Age of Cardinal-sign Capricorn. Then, with the resistance overcome, the Fixed-sign Age shows nearly immediate results, and uses the Cardinal-sign innovations for its own purposes. That hasn't happened yet in case of the tropical Aquarian Age. Astrologers are mistaking the mundane effects of the now-culminating tropical Age of Capricorn, for the effects of the yet-to-occur Age of tropical Aquarius, which should be good.

Last edited:

david starling

I find myself agreeing with most of what Ray Grasse says in his video about the sidereal Ages. I've ordered his book, Signs of the Times.
Thanks Ancar, for alerting me to him.

Last edited:

david starling

Faults would be one part of it. I’m also thinking of “stuff one might assign to 12th or 7th house” - externalizations, projections, invisible characteristics and costs.

Pisces has been labeled the "I Believe" Sign. But, it's not WHAT you believe that's important , it's Belief itself. I really don't think an Age of Pisces would be an Age of bigotry. BIgamy maybe, but not bigotry.
I would say scapegoating is a result of the tropical Age of the Goat. It's not just anger that some believe differently. There's a materialistic side to it, involving seizing property from the victims of prejudice.

Last edited:

david starling

There's an occult dimension to Saturn. So, regarding the Age of Capricorn, I feel justified in considering the numerology associated with the Signs, as well as Modality and Element.
A Cardinal-sign begins each tropical Season, and heat initiates alchemical reactions, so I view Cardinal-Fire as the first Sign--not necessarily because it's the first Sign of the Spring season in the Northern hemisphere, although that accentuates it.

That makes Capricorn the 10th Sign, and one correlation involving these tropical Ages is that the Age of the 10th Sign inspired the base-ten decimal system, which is used in today's numerology: 10 becomes 1+0=1, meaning 10 converts numerologically to 1. Translating that into astrology, Cardinal-Earth, which is about Matter, converts instantly into Cardinal-Fire, which is about Energy. And, Matter converted instantly to Energy=Explosives. This Age has manifested the use of explosives, beginning with gunpowder, NOT something the sidereal Age of Pisces would manifest. Pisces can and does explode temporarily into anger, which can involve violence. But, it's emotional, and it quickly passes, and is usually cause for regret and apologies.

Capricorn is about the Innovative (Cardinal), Use (keyword), of Matter (Earth-sign's focus), to produce a planned result on a consistent basis. This quality makes it the supreme technological Sign, and it's no surprise that we now have new, energy-and-time-based inventions, unique to this Age, compared to the inventions which began in the previous Seasonal quadrant of Ages with the Cardinal-sign Age of Libra, most notably written language.

Last edited:

david starling

The way explosives have been used, differentiates Capricorn from Saturn. According to my research Capricorn was associated in ancient Sumeria with the benevolent use of inventiveness, especially in the case of civilization-building.
A perfect example of this differentiation is the original intention of Alfred Nobel regarding his discovery of dynamite, most powerful explosive yet produced in his time.
It was supposed to be for building tunnels, bridges, roads, and for mining. He came up with the Nobel Peace Prize due to his shock and horror over it's use in warfare. The airplane was also originally intended for peaceful use. Einstein was horrified that his work in Physics, specifically E=MCsquared (notice the correlation to the Capricornian conversion of Matter into Energy, expressed numerologically as 1+0=1), was actually used in warfare.
The Saturn/Mars axis ruling the Age spoils nearly every innovation Capricorn inspires to make the world a better place to live, by inspiring the morally-challenged to use them in a way that makes things worse. That includes the supposedly beneficial Medical, Pharmaceutical and Petrochemical industries.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

I think we've been in the Age of Aquarius for some while now - look at all the technology that's now invasive in our lives, the invisible radiation and frequencies that we're now surrounded by. The use of radiation and even lasers in surgery. The fact that everyone can now communicate with practically anyone else on the planet. A text can wing its way in a few seconds across oceans and continents. People are no longer clustering in cosy Piscean communities where caring was the norm, they are connecting over the wifi waves to people they will never meet, according to an affinity of interests - just as easily switched off as on, with only a tenuous mental connection.

And it's not just Aquarius, it's the entire fixed cross that's now coming into play. Look at the selfie-taking youngsters spending hours putting on their make-up and showing themselves off on instagram, look at how everyone can have their own youtube channel and display their creations (good and bad) - that's the Leo end of the axis.

Look at the rampant materialism of Taurus, the way that 'money speaks' and banksters rule the world, the longing in many to have all the material things and the glamorous homes that celebrities show us they have.

Look at the way sex for many young people has become the first way in which they speak to each other with sexting now the norm followed by Tinder hook-ups which also sometimes result in death to the woman as she recklessly goes home with a stranger who happens to be a psychopath. Look at the over-sexualisation of society caused by easy, mass access to ****, and the warping of young people's minds through watching it as to how sex 'ought to be'. That's Scorpio.

The only upside is that now Uranus has transited into Taurus, suddenly the perilous state of the natural world is being talked about. 5G is being challenged. Over-consumption and the damage to the environment from that new pair of jeans is being highlighted. People are stepping back from posting every detail of their lives on their facebook pages as the insidious nature of data-collecting by Big Data has become obvious.

We can only hope that in this transition of Uranus to the fixed axis, we have a window of opportunity to set a new course.

david starling

I think we've been in the Age of Aquarius for some while now - look at all the technology that's now invasive in our lives, the invisible radiation and frequencies that we're now surrounded by. The use of radiation and even lasers in surgery. The fact that everyone can now communicate with practically anyone else on the planet. A text can wing its way in a few seconds across oceans and continents. People are no longer clustering in cosy Piscean communities where caring was the norm, they are connecting over the wifi waves to people they will never meet, according to an affinity of interests - just as easily switched off as on, with only a tenuous mental connection.

And it's not just Aquarius, it's the entire fixed cross that's now coming into play. Look at the selfie-taking youngsters spending hours putting on their make-up and showing themselves off on instagram, look at how everyone can have their own youtube channel and display their creations (good and bad) - that's the Leo end of the axis.

Look at the rampant materialism of Taurus, the way that 'money speaks' and banksters rule the world, the longing in many to have all the material things and the glamorous homes that celebrities show us they have.

Look at the way sex for many young people has become the first way in which they speak to each other with sexting now the norm followed by Tinder hook-ups which also sometimes result in death to the woman as she recklessly goes home with a stranger who happens to be a psychopath. Look at the over-sexualisation of society caused by easy, mass access to ****, and the warping of young people's minds through watching it as to how sex 'ought to be'. That's Scorpio.

The only upside is that now Uranus has transited into Taurus, suddenly the perilous state of the natural world is being talked about. 5G is being challenged. Over-consumption and the damage to the environment from that new pair of jeans is being highlighted. People are stepping back from posting every detail of their lives on their facebook pages as the insidious nature of data-collecting by Big Data has become obvious.

We can only hope that in this transition of Uranus to the fixed axis, we have a window of opportunity to set a new course.

Ancar, if you're still watching, notice the total disregard for my carefully written posts concerning the tropical Age of Capricorn, which you summarily dismissed as well. That's over 40 years of study and research completely ignored! But, I'm not discouraged. I'll just keep "speaking my truth", just as you should continue speaking yours. [IMO]

Totally agree with the last sentence though!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

For the Tropical age of Capricorn to have begun
.......then we have exited the tropical age of Aquarius
.......the dawning will be an extremely long wait
BobZemco once remarked:

There's a reason why things are the way they are :smile:

Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.

Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.

Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.

david starling

BobZemco once remarked:

There's a reason why things are the way they are :smile:

Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.

Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.

Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.

Fine for Horary, nonsensical for the Ages. [IMO]

david starling

David, in terms of observable effects, how do you differentiate the sidereal / spiritual from the tropical / material?

The mundane effects are nearly all tropical. Easy example--the Roman Empire is touted as the epitome of the sidereal Age of Aries, which was coincidental with the tropical Age of Sagittarius, both Ages nearing an end. But, the Romans strongly identified with Jupiter as king of the gods, not Mars, and were both expansive and inclusive, like Jupiter. The usual take on the sidereal Age of Aries is, that it ushered in Monotheism, since most Modernistic astrologers consider Aries as Sign #1. But, the Romans were manifestly polytheistic.
The effects of the sidereal Ages are far more subtle than those of the tropical.

david starling

Here's a case where both types of Ages come into play: The Exodus is all about crossing through the Red Sea, into the hot, dry desert. That's a good allegory for leaving the tropical, Water-sign Age of Scorpio, and moving into the Fire-sign Age of Sagittarius. The timing is excellent also, for the ending of the tropical Age c.1350 B.C.E.
The Golden Calf incident, where the worship of the Bull becomes forbidden, and is replaced by the sacrifice of the Ram, signifies the movement out of the sidereal Age of Taurus into the sidereal Age of Aries. However, the timing is late, by several centuries, which isn't really important sidereally, since it's more spiritual and eternal compared to the temporal, mundane tropical Ages.