quincunx and other hard aspects

Mj66

In a natal chart, how does the quincunx differ from other such aspects as in the opposite or the square? I have Moon Quincunx(Inconjunct) Uranus. I think it makes it really diffucult to be satisfied with one relationship. Or get settled in. I am not sure how Moon opposite Uranus would differ.
Who can tell the difference?
Thanks! Xo
:kissing: Maria

HarmonE

From my understanding a quincunx can show up as stress, strain or circumstances being forced. A square is more about restrictions or challenges and feels like two things at cross purposes. An opposition is about polarity/duality that lacks harmony. Its like two things that are constantly challenging one another. It calls for compromise or balance.

Sounds a bit like they are the same but there are subtle differences.
For instance, I have a Mars square Sun aspect in my natal chart. I often just dont know when to stop working or putting my energy out that I can literally wear myself out and effectively deplete my Sun's ability to shine. (cross purposes)

I think if this were a quincunx instead it would probably not be so harsh. I think I could still tire myself out but it wouldnt go to the level of the square. There would be strain but not exhaustion. If it were an opposition I think it would likely show up that the Sun would exert its energy only to be twarted by Mars, and then visa versa. The two would see-saw back and forth until a balance is finally reached.

Mj66

Thank you for this response and view point. I believe that sounds pretty accurate to my understanding.Maria