Uranus Transit Through The 7th House

theoddone

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how a 7th house transit of Uranus works. I am a Scorpio ASC with Taurus on my DSC. Uranus just entered Taurus again for the foreseeable future and I think it's at 1 degrees. My DSC is at 5 degrees. From what I've gathered, unpredictably in relationships is common as well breakups in relationships. Since I am not in a relationship, would I get into one with partner who displays Uranian traits? If anyone has experienced a Uranus transit of this house, I'd like to read your experiences.

Honestly, I'd be glad once Uranus is out of my 6th house. I've had problems with anxiety, two nervous breakdowns, stress manifesting as physical illness, erratic money issues as I was in college earning a degree in computer network operations after two degree changes since 2012 (I wasn't working at all), been unemployed about a year, finally got a job at an answering service and now I don't want to do that job at all and I'll be happier working in IT. I really am ready for Uranus to enter the 7th house. Top it all off, I'm going through my 1st Saturn Return, which probably doesn't help. Lol.

waybread

A simple reading of transits of Uranus in the 7th is relationships that begin or end suddenly-- or both. It could bring a Uranian kind of person into your life. However, the 7th is also the house of "open enemies" so this might be a good time to make friends with Uranus.

Ideally, Uranus is the great liberator. Resisting change makes Uranus feel like unwanted disruption. Ideally, Uranus is like the sense of release you feel when walking outside into the fresh air after spending too long in a closed, stuffy room. Ideally, Uranus is about freedom.

theoddone

A simple reading of transits of Uranus in the 7th is relationships that begin or end suddenly-- or both. It could bring a Uranian kind of person into your life. However, the 7th is also the house of "open enemies" so this might be a good time to make friends with Uranus.

Ideally, Uranus is the great liberator. Resisting change makes Uranus feel like unwanted disruption. Ideally, Uranus is like the sense of release you feel when walking outside into the fresh air after spending too long in a closed, stuffy room. Ideally, Uranus is about freedom.

Thanks Waybread. 😊

Will I just know if I've met a Uranian person? I'm pretty Uranian myself (Aquarius Moon/North Node/IC/ Venus, Sun conjunct Uranus, and Uranus sextile ASC). I'd guess that everyone express Uranian traits differently. Also how do I make friends with Uranus?

Lin

Be careful when transit Uranus makes squares to your natal planets while it's in the 7th. That may be the difference between taking advantage of the energy and the energy taking advantage of you.

Yes, you will meet Uranian types of people. Depending upon the rest of your chart these people could open new doors or really scr-w you up. Maybe you'd like to post your natal chart with current transits?

Because the OTHER transits don't suddenly become moot just because Uranus is entering a new sign (and hemisphere.)

The whole picture should be seen,
LIN

theoddone

Here is my natal chart with today's transits. I do know Uranus will be squaring my Moon and Venus.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_tiffani.74117.93213.jpg
    astro_2gw_tiffani.74117.93213.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 95

waybread

Try to see Uranus in terms of personal freedom, liberation, and enjoyment of things novel or futuristic. Not so much as unwanted sudden upsets.

Lin

Uranus in Taurus is going to be very different from Uranus in Aries. A whole new world.
Yes, there will be the squares but also the sextile to Jupiter AND the trines! So a mix.
And really, that is what you want. The squares produce energy and the sextile produces opportunity and the trines produce ease in the areas and subjects ruled by those planets involved.

As to what constitutes a Uranian person, read more about the planet Uranus and its traits and the more conscious you are when meeting new people, the more obvious it will be whether the person is a traditionalist or an innovator.

But whomever you meet, the important thing is whether or not you are compatible on a steady basis and in even the most mundane ways. And that you have a lot in common and share many of the same beliefs and goals.
LIN

theoddone

Uranus in Taurus is going to be very different from Uranus in Aries. A whole new world.
Yes, there will be the squares but also the sextile to Jupiter AND the trines! So a mix.
And really, that is what you want. The squares produce energy and the sextile produces opportunity and the trines produce ease in the areas and subjects ruled by those planets involved.

As to what constitutes a Uranian person, read more about the planet Uranus and its traits and the more conscious you are when meeting new people, the more obvious it will be whether the person is a traditionalist or an innovator.

But whomever you meet, the important thing is whether or not you are compatible on a steady basis and in even the most mundane ways. And that you have a lot in common and share many of the same beliefs and goals.
LIN

Thank you so much, Lin. I'm fairly Uranian myself so another misfit/weirdo might match me perfectly.

I'm definitely ready for my 7th house transit.

Another question related to Uranus in the houses: Could a 6th house Uranus Transit make it difficult for someone to find employment under that transit? I suspect that's the reason why I'm having difficulties with my job search and finding one. :/

HarmonE

Thank you so much, Lin. I'm fairly Uranian myself so another misfit/weirdo might match me perfectly.

I'm definitely ready for my 7th house transit.

Another question related to Uranus in the houses: Could a 6th house Uranus Transit make it difficult for someone to find employment under that transit? I suspect that's the reason why I'm having difficulties with my job search and finding one. :/

The 6th house is often about one's skills so I usually look here when considering suitable jobs. As Waybread said, Uranus is the great liberator. And in many cases it revolutionizes in the process. You are likely trying on different skills and in a way trying to revolutionize this part of yourself, but this is making it hard to secure a job. Interestingly, the ruler of the MC is conjunct Uranus in the 3rd house.

I don't really see Uranus transiting your 7th as being about meeting a Uranian person. It's more about you. Uranus brings some fresh air where things have gone stale. As it moves from below the horizon to above, a whole shift in focus will occur. It will go from opening up personal issues and move to an emphasis on outer issues. In this case, your relationships. But it will likely be more about how you relate to others. Not who comes into your life

Lin

Uranus just finished 8 years in Aries. While it was in Aries it squared, one by one, all your Capricorn planets. That is HARSH. That is OVER. Which is why I say it will be a whole different game now.
LIN

theoddone

Uranus just finished 8 years in Aries. While it was in Aries it squared, one by one, all your Capricorn planets. That is HARSH. That is OVER. Which is why I say it will be a whole different game now.
LIN

And now it's starting the square of my Aquarius Moon and Venus. That's also probably harsh as well. I only say probably because both those placements are ruled by Uranus. I'm hoping the Uranus square Moon and Venus transit can be handled easier because of that.

theoddone

The 6th house is often about one's skills so I usually look here when considering suitable jobs. As Waybread said, Uranus is the great liberator. And in many cases it revolutionizes in the process. You are likely trying on different skills and in a way trying to revolutionize this part of yourself, but this is making it hard to secure a job. Interestingly, the ruler of the MC is conjunct Uranus in the 3rd house.

I don't really see Uranus transiting your 7th as being about meeting a Uranian person. It's more about you. Uranus brings some fresh air where things have gone stale. As it moves from below the horizon to above, a whole shift in focus will occur. It will go from opening up personal issues and move to an emphasis on outer issues. In this case, your relationships. But it will likely be more about how you relate to others. Not who comes into your life

Getting my degree seems likely that I've already acquired those work-related skills. Still doesn't explain the lack of being able to secure a job though. And thank you for your personal view of a 7th house Uranus transit.

waybread

theoddone, there are all kinds of reasons why someone might be unemployed: being in a highly competitive field, not presenting one's c.v. or self in an interview in the best light, too narrow a job search strategy, poor letters of reference, or subliminally wanting to do something else with your life.

I think the best way to handle Uranus is to look for some kind of liberation in the areas affected by Uranus, by sign, house, and aspects to other planets.

For example, a spouse with a transiting 7th house Uranus doesn't necessarily need a divorce, but s/he might feel more liberated by putting the marriage on a more egalitarian footing, or by taking up a truly new activity with her spouse.

I have an Aquarian Mercury-Venus opposite my Leo moon, just getting hit now by Uranus in Taurus, so I am actively considering ways to incorporate more positive Uranian influences.

Last edited:

HarmonE

Getting my degree seems likely that I've already acquired those work-related skills. Still doesn't explain the lack of being able to secure a job though. And thank you for your personal view of a 7th house Uranus transit.

Certainly having Uranus start by squaring itself in 2012 and then continue to square Sun, then Saturn and Mercury a few years later.. could explain the anxious, unsettling way its been for you recently. Then to have Uranus travel the 6th house of health would give a higher chance of unsettled health. But also an opportunity to revolutionize health so any insights in this regard could make a totally refreshed approach to health that you didn't even know was there.

It is a bit curious about the work... Im almost inclined to wonder if you are pursuing the type of skills that are best suited for you? I see a more dynamic possibility for you... Leo on the MC, ruler in the 3rd conjunct Uranus. Aries on the 6th with ruler in the 2nd also in Fire sign of Sag. Is it possible that you might want to be more active than be in a call center or be at a computer all day? Just thoughts...

Love the pendulum chart.... with Jupiter as the handle..

theoddone

theoddone, there are all kinds of reasons why someone might be unemployed: being in a highly competitive field, not presenting one's c.v. or self in an interview in the best light, too narrow a job search strategy, poor letters of reference, or subliminally wanting to do something else with your life.

I think the best way to handle Uranus is to look for some kind of liberation in the areas affected by Uranus, by sign, house, and aspects to other planets.

For example, a spouse with a transiting 7th house Uranus doesn't necessarily need a divorce, but s/he might feel more liberated by putting the marriage on a more egalitarian footing, or by taking up a truly new activity with her spouse.

I have an Aquarian Mercury-Venus opposite my Leo moon, just getting hit now by Uranus in Taurus, so I am actively considering ways to incorporate more positive Uranian influences.

Well transiting Uranus is tightly conjunct my 7th house cusp and I'm single. Have been since 2013. I don't see how to positively handle Uranian influences with that since I have no spouse. It will be trining all Capricorn planets in my 3rd House with the exception of my natal Uranus which is in the 2nd house, it's now squaring my 3rd House Aquarius planets, and will be sextiling my 8th house Cancer planet in the next few months. Uranus is also opposing my ASC now. No idea when it's going to oppose my 1st house Pluto.

theoddone

Certainly having Uranus start by squaring itself in 2012 and then continue to square Sun, then Saturn and Mercury a few years later.. could explain the anxious, unsettling way its been for you recently. Then to have Uranus travel the 6th house of health would give a higher chance of unsettled health. But also an opportunity to revolutionize health so any insights in this regard could make a totally refreshed approach to health that you didn't even know was there.

It is a bit curious about the work... Im almost inclined to wonder if you are pursuing the type of skills that are best suited for you? I see a more dynamic possibility for you... Leo on the MC, ruler in the 3rd conjunct Uranus. Aries on the 6th with ruler in the 2nd also in Fire sign of Sag. Is it possible that you might want to be more active than be in a call center or be at a computer all day? Just thoughts...

Love the pendulum chart.... with Jupiter as the handle..

I actually do suffer from anxiety and depression so I think Uranus transiting my 6th house amplified those issues and forced me to take action when I had a nervous breakdown three to four years ago. I tried alternative medicine (Legal in my state but not in all states. I'm in the U.S.) but that just made me feel good. I was on antidepressants but felt like a zombie. Two years ago I found a psychologist who uses something called neurofeedback to reduce anxiety/phobias and depression. It's a computer program that uses EEG technology to show the brain its own unhealthy brainwave patterns and retrains those patterns out so that your brain can function better. Very Uranian and not a common health practice either. I no longer need antidepressants and my anxiety is pretty much in remission so to speak.

Regarding what you said about my career houses, I want a job where I'm not going be bored. A call center job would bore me because my mind's not being stimulated (active 3rd house, need that stimulation). A tech job wouldn't because I'm actively using my mind. I want to be a systems administrator, who works with computer systems to keep them up-to-date. It's a type of tech support and I have Uranus in the 2nd house natally.

waybread

Theoddone, if you're single, Uranus in the 7th can indicate relationships that start (and end) suddenly. Or with a Uranian kind of person: scientist, aviator, or someone who is unique. The main thing is to leave yourself open to some serious novelty in your life.

The 7th also rules other sorts of partners-- sports (like tennis,) ballroom dancing, or a small business venture. You say you don't do those kinds of things? Uranus is here to get you to act out-of-character.

Note that Uranus conjunct your descendant also opposes your ascendant. So this is all about a new you.

You can track planets' movements through the signs and degrees by checking an ephemeris. It works like a train time-table. There is a good free one on the home page of Astrodienst www.astro.com

theoddone

Theoddone, if you're single, Uranus in the 7th can indicate relationships that start (and end) suddenly. Or with a Uranian kind of person: scientist, aviator, or someone who is unique. The main thing is to leave yourself open to some serious novelty in your life.

The 7th also rules other sorts of partners-- sports (like tennis,) ballroom dancing, or a small business venture. You say you don't do those kinds of things? Uranus is here to get you to act out-of-character.

Note that Uranus conjunct your descendant also opposes your ascendant. So this is all about a new you.

You can track planets' movements through the signs and degrees by checking an ephemeris. It works like a train time-table. There is a good free one on the home page of Astrodienst www.astro.com

I use Astrodienst for my charts. 😊

Would a Uranian partner be a rebel, anarchist, punk, or someone works in IT? I have an older friend (He is 15 years older than I am) who flirts with me a lot and is an older punk guy who works as a computer network administrator. He actually has Uranus touching all but one of his personal planets plus has the moon in Aquarius. That would be a 7th house example of Uranus's influence, correct? We've already done some intimate things but it's not serious or anything.

HarmonE

I no longer need antidepressants and my anxiety is pretty much in remission so to speak.

Regarding what you said about my career houses, I want a job where I'm not going be bored. A call center job would bore me because my mind's not being stimulated (active 3rd house, need that stimulation). A tech job wouldn't because I'm actively using my mind. I want to be a systems administrator, who works with computer systems to keep them up-to-date. It's a type of tech support and I have Uranus in the 2nd house natally.

Great that you were able to transcend the depression and anxiety! So now to do the same with the next area of your life :)

Yes, it looks likely that you would need something that would keep your interest. I bet you get bored easily with mundane work. The IT sector has Uranian aspects so this could appeal... As long as it doesn't get too stagnant. I can see taking a bit of a leadership role eventually. But Saturn is still moving through your first quadrant. So this might take some time. Going to school is the perfect way to use this internal work time. By the time it hits the Descendant nothing will hold you back!

waybread

I use Astrodienst for my charts. 😊

Would a Uranian partner be a rebel, anarchist, punk, or someone works in IT? I have an older friend (He is 15 years older than I am) who flirts with me a lot and is an older punk guy who works as a computer network administrator. He actually has Uranus touching all but one of his personal planets plus has the moon in Aquarius. That would be a 7th house example of Uranus's influence, correct? We've already done some intimate things but it's not serious or anything.

Sure. The main thing is what seems Uranian to you.