Does anyone know why vimsottari Dasas are divided nonlinearly?

Virinchi

i had a strange doubt sometime back about why vimsottari dasa has to be calculated only from moon's position why not lagna's position?

ofcourse i worked on it and cleared the doubt

next doubt i had was why vimsottari dasa system (a total of 120 years) is divided nonlinearly on 9 planets?
like why venus has 20 years, rahu has 18, ketu has 7, saturn has 19 years etc.

On what basis did sage parasar divide in such way
i'm working on finding an answer but any insight would help

rimsy

sun and moon are responsible for this..sun got the authority for the division and for ruling people lives....he gave the authority to different lords according to their caliber....likewise house number 10 and 5th was with sun and 4th and 11th with moon but saturn didnot supported his father(sun's) decision and capured hpuse number 10th and 11th....creator of all the houses is sun and moon supported him....
best regards
rimsy

Virinchi

is there any mathematics to support this?
its sounds as if they're randomly distributed on personal grounds

Kannan

i had a strange doubt sometime back about why vimsottari dasa has to be calculated only from moon's position why not lagna's position?

ofcourse i worked on it and cleared the doubt

Vrinchi, can you explain here why vimsottari dasa is calculated from Moon amd not from lagna for our understanding

Thanks

Kannan

Virinchi

mind is the only element carried forward with soul from past life to this life
mind kaarak is moon
so it gives our karmic results based on its position and henceforth
sage parasara explained it this way :
if a person is born with 'X' dasa 'Y' bhukti ..etc, then he must have died in pastlife when that dasa was in operation, so he'll continue from there in this dasa.
And reason for that continuation of karma is our mind which is controlled by moon

thats the main reason why out transit(gochara) results are based on moon signs but not sunsigns like in western

Kannan

if a person is born with 'X' dasa 'Y' bhukti ..etc, then he must have died in pastlife when that dasa was in operation, so he'll continue from there in this dasa.

Virinchi

True if the person is immediately born, but if the rebirth occurs after a break, a possibility as per our Hindu belief, the soul is likely to be born sometime later in different Dasa and Bhukthi periods. Is there any explanation for this.

Rehards

Kannan

Virinchi

when the soul doesnt take any human body no dasa operates, because a soul individually cannot experience any karma without being in a body
Its a pause

dasas continue from the day life enters the embryo in mother's womb. (6th month)

Kannan

next doubt i had was why vimsottari dasa system (a total of 120 years) is divided nonlinearly on 9 planets?
like why venus has 20 years, rahu has 18, ketu has 7, saturn has 19 years etc.

Dear Mr.Virunchi

I came across one article by Dr.Kar on Vimshottary Dasa system explaining How Parasarar achieved 120 years dasa-period on the basis of natural sign value,distance value of the signs and by including one constant each for the planets. You can find the article in the link below

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k_p_system/files/Articles/

I do not know whether this is what you are looking for. But it explins the basis for allotment of different duration to planets in Vimshottary Dasa System, like why 20 years for Venus, 10 for Moon etc.

Regards

Kannan

Kannan

next doubt i had was why vimsottari dasa system (a total of 120 years) is divided nonlinearly on 9 planets? like why venus has 20 years, rahu has 18, ketu has 7, saturn has 19 years etc.

Dear Mr Virunchi

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k_p_system/files/Articles/

Pl see the above link for the answer in the article by Dr.Kar , How and on what basis Parasar divided the 120 years of life span amongst the different 9 planets . I do not know this is what you are looking for

Regards

Kannan

Last edited: