Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Do your Appearance match your Ascendant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeuses

dr. farr re: the application of genuine whole sign methods :smile:

to chart delineation http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42085

Beginners are likely to come across placidus first, particularly if they use a site like Astrodienst to draw a chart as it is the default on that and others. My ever first chart drawn up in the eighties was placidus too. Although I know that traditional astrologers tend to use what you have mentioned.

Blaze

Account Closed
Taurus ascendant with Venus in Gemini. She and Mercury share the same house and sign.

Yes, I have two heads on one body. Many people ask me why, but I have no reply other than: Janus was my past incarnation, don't try to sneak up on me.

I'm kidding. Maybe.

I would say yes, I do look like a mismatch of my ascendant and Lords. Always with a bounce in my step, curious yet calm.

JUPITERASC

Taurus ascendant with Venus in Gemini. She and Mercury share the same house and sign. Yes, I have two heads on one body.

Many people ask me why, but I have no reply other than: Janus was my past incarnation, don't try to sneak up on me.
I'm kidding. Maybe.
I would say yes, I do look like a mismatch of my ascendant and Lords.

Always with a bounce in my step, curious yet calm.
When any of seven visible classical planets aspect ascendant :smile:
that also impacts delineation of physical appearance

Thefairyinmagix

The poll is closed but I would say yes. When people meet me they think im sad or I look confused, and I have a known reputation for being late to almost everything. Im both pisces & neptune dominant so that doesn't help either! People tell me im naive and I have no boundries, which I am working on! Unfortunately I am a crybaby but a very stylish one. I usually wear something different everyday and my personality changes A LOT. I have the typical pisces ascendant ''pretty eyes'' very watery and a greyish color. Its always the first thing anyone will notice and compliment about me. I have petite facial features, and a high forehead thanks to my aries sun. My body is more lanky and long, and my hands and feet are average size. But I always end up stubbing my toes into everything I walk into, and I have uneven hips so I limp when I walk. :crying:

JUPITERASC

The poll is closed but I would say yes. When people meet me they think im sad or I look confused, and I have a known reputation for being late to almost everything. Im both pisces & neptune dominant so that doesn't help either! People tell me im naive and I have no boundries, which I am working on! Unfortunately I am a crybaby but a very stylish one. I usually wear something different everyday and my personality changes A LOT. I have the typical pisces ascendant ''pretty eyes'' very watery and a greyish color. Its always the first thing anyone will notice and compliment about me. I have petite facial features, and a high forehead thanks to my aries sun. My body is more lanky and long, and my hands and feet are average size. But I always end up stubbing my toes into everything I walk into, and I have uneven hips so I limp when I walk. :crying:
natal chart? :smile:

Emily56

I am a pisces with scorpio rising and saturn 10 degrees of the ascendant.

I definitely believe they do match up. I have pitch black hair and very dark eyes. I'm short and have all attributes of a scorpio rising (mysterious, not easily approachable etc). I am also quite constricted/restricted in behaviour. This could be due to my saturn. I have big eyes and I have been told that it seems like I can see right through people when I look at them. There are many things that make me think saturn influences my appearance but not that I want to talk about it here. I appear quite conservative and very serious (I also do not speak too much but my 3rd house is in capricorn too). I do not consider myself particularly beautiful at all. I have always felt "ugly" and been paranoid about appearing ugly. Although I have also read somewhere that people with venus in 5th house are attractive but I do not know this for sure. It would be nice to get some insight on this: someone with saturn rising would be not too attractive perhaps but if this person has venus in 5th, how would that play out... I know my saturn is 10 degrees away so not directly on the ascendant..

I have somewhat beady eyes sometimes although people say they are very beautiful (tend to be big almond shaped with big lashes - could also be pisces influence there). Also I have a very athletic and skinny/slim body shape but this could be attributed to my mars in aries.

Last edited:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I am a pisces with scorpio rising and saturn 10 degrees of the ascendant.

I definitely believe they do match up. I have pitch black hair and very dark eyes. I'm short and have all attributes of a scorpio rising (mysterious, not easily approachable etc). I am also quite constricted/restricted in behaviour. This could be due to my saturn. I have big eyes and I have been told that it seems like I can see right through people when I look at them. There are many things that make me think saturn influences my appearance but not that I want to talk about it here. I appear quite conservative and very serious (I also do not speak too much but my 3rd house is in capricorn too). I do not consider myself particularly beautiful at all. I have always felt "ugly" and been paranoid about appearing ugly. Although I have also read somewhere that people with venus in 5th house are attractive but I do not know this for sure. It would be nice to get some insight on this: someone with saturn rising would be not too attractive perhaps but if this person has venus in 5th, how would that play out... I know my saturn is 10 degrees away so not directly on the ascendant..

I have somewhat beady eyes sometimes although people say they are very beautiful (tend to be big almond shaped with big lashes - could also be pisces influence there). Also I have a very athletic and skinny/slim body shape but this could be attributed to my mars in aries.

Saturn in the first is awkward when young. Then it suits you as you get older. Saturn is the one to make you feel ugly. It makes you uncomfortable but again as you get older you are wiser about your looks. Venus in 5th can be beautiful. Depends on what is aspected

dr. farr

In my experience only sometimes do the asc and appearance match up; however I have found that the asc sign and much of the personality of the person do often match up, frequently to a quite noticeable extent.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
In my experience only sometimes do the asc and appearance match up; however I have found that the asc sign and much of the personality of the person do often match up, frequently to a quite noticeable extent.

I agree. What’s your ascendant?
I’m a Libra rising with Jupiter and Saturn grand conjunction.
Pluto in the first

My personality is more like a Libra. Switching and changing from Saturn to Jupiter. My looks; I’m not quite sure lol.
Dark hair, Dark eyes, light skin. On the curvy side that has to be managed well or will get on the plumpier side.

dr. farr

I have Virgo rising, with sun in 9th house in Taurus; I am very much like Virgo intellectually, my physical appearance is quite taurean.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I have Virgo rising, with sun in 9th house in Taurus; I am very much like Virgo intellectually, my physical appearance is quite taurean.

You have a calming energy which I feel when you reply to my messages. I think they could be the Taurus in you. It’s very soothing to the mind.

Humanitarian

Yes, especially the aspects to the Ascendant, because I have Sun in Sagittarius opposite Ascendant in Gemini in an exact manner (or partile), and people misunderstood me due to these opposing energies, and I have both Saggy and Geminian features in the body, such as:
Saggy: Lots of body hair, big feet, big butt
Gemini: Long legs, long fingers, long oval face