Why dont women like libra men?

CAREFREE

Maybe its just from my experience. But every women i meet dosent like Libra men can a few ladies explain why? And if you like them, why do you like them?

waybread

My husband of over over 17 years is a sun-Libra. I like him just fine. But it goes beyond simplistic sun-sign astrology. As you learn more astrology you can see the different points of contact between people's horoscopes.

However, to revert back to popular simplistic sun-sign astrology: Libras can see both sides (or more) of an issue; and see the merits of different competing decisions. Sometimes this results in indecisiveness or unwillingness to take a strong stand on much of anything.

I doubt that most women you meet have a clue about your sun-sign unless you tell them. In a very broad general way, you'd probably get along best with Aquarians, Geminis, Leos, and Sagittarians-- but it really goes by degrees of the signs, not by the sign in its entirety.

Jesse Booth

Really?

You're kidding, right? Last time I checked, Librans did just fine with women. In fact, just from what I've seen in my own circle of friends, a lot of Libra men have the enviable ability to, for lack of a better word, "negotiate" their way into nearly any woman's bed. I swear, this one guy that graduated last year, Brandon, he somehow managed to have a new girlfriend every week! If he had broken up with the previous one, that is. I have absolutely no idea how he could do it, either. We've both agreed that he really isn't that attractive. And yet, I don't know a single person with as active (if not exactly healthy) a dating life as his.

Perhaps it's the Scorpio stellium on his Ascendant that makes it possible?

P.S. When I say "girlfriend," that's really a sexual partner. Brandon goes through women like most people go through clean underwear: frequent switches, short shelf life. I wouldn't exactly call that dating, but I can't really think of an appropriate word for it that I can use on the forum.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

I agree with Waybread that it's too simplistic to think only in terms of sun signs and that most people won't know your sun sign unless you tell them. I also agree with Jesse that a lot of the libra men I know are very popular with women.

From my point of view (I am female) I like libra men to talk to, they are (generally speaking) very charming, very polite, usually quite good looking or at least neat and tidy and well groomed, they take an interest in me, they are willing to start conversations and make an effort to keep them going and make an effort to keep the atmosphere polite and light-hearted and they are willing to take my likes and preferences into account.

However I wouldn't date one or enter a relationship with one, and primarily that is because I am a cancer and libras generally (my mum is a libra) don't appreciate my moody and emotional side. When I am upset or wanting to talk about emotions and feelings the libras I know want to talk about politics or current affairs!! Also they want to analyse things in a way that my water sign sun just can't keep up with. I feel things and feelings can't easily be put into words. Also I'm quite shy whereas libra is super sociable and outgoing. In a social gathering I would rather stick with my friends, whereas my libra friends are off talking to new people and finding out new things. It doesn't work well. :sad:

I have a lot of planets in leo, and moon in gemini, plus a lot of my 1st house is libra, so I do get along with libras sometimes and have libra friends, but they just don't satisfy my cancer sun side.

Flapjacks

Re: Really?

You're kidding, right? Last time I checked, Librans did just fine with women. In fact, just from what I've seen in my own circle of friends, a lot of Libra men have the enviable ability to, for lack of a better word, "negotiate" their way into nearly any woman's bed. I swear, this one guy that graduated last year, Brandon, he somehow managed to have a new girlfriend every week! If he had broken up with the previous one, that is. I have absolutely no idea how he could do it, either. We've both agreed that he really isn't that attractive. And yet, I don't know a single person with as active (if not exactly healthy) a dating life as his.

Perhaps it's the Scorpio stellium on his Ascendant that makes it possible?

P.S. When I say "girlfriend," that's really a sexual partner. Brandon goes through women like most people go through clean underwear: frequent switches, short shelf life. I wouldn't exactly call that dating, but I can't really think of an appropriate word for it that I can use on the forum.

I knew a girl with a Libra Sun like this. She was practically a caricature of the girl that has a new boyfriend every week with a trail of broken hearts behind her (but all still loyal, like puppies, despite the betrayal). Guys who played in bands were a usual target. It was so bizarre; she was not a "knockout" or anything. I remember being at a party and talking to a group of about 6 guys that all knew her, and one of them says, "So, how's [Libra girl] doing?" and everyone's faces light up, get all shiny-eyed, and they start gushing about her amazing she is, all smiling and blushing. Finally I got so creeped out I said, "What is with you guys and this girl??" and they all looked at me dumbly. It was like she cast a spell on them. The closest I could figure for their extreme reaction is that she knew how to play the "damsel in distress" very well and make them all feel good about themselves, being very physically demonstrative and ego-stroking (until they fall for her really hard and then she's gone like a puff of smoke). I don't know why I'd get told these things, but guys would say sex with her was a transforming experience.

She has a Pisces Moon and Scorpio Merc/Venus conjunction, Aqua Mars and Gemini ASC. A very emotional girl.

Anyway, back to dudes. I don't have a problem with Libra men. Where are you getting this idea, CAREFREE?

Last edited:

waybread

...When I am upset or wanting to talk about emotions and feelings the libras I know want to talk about politics or current affairs!! Also they want to analyse things...

This fits my Libra husband exactly. Fortunately my planets are mostly air and fire, so I can handle it.... usually.

CAREFREE

I knew a girl with a Libra Sun like this. She was practically a caricature of the girl that has a new boyfriend every week with a trail of broken hearts behind her (but all still loyal, like puppies, despite the betrayal). Guys who played in bands were a usual target. It was so bizarre; she was not a "knockout" or anything. I remember being at a party and talking to a group of about 6 guys that all knew her, and one of them says, "So, how's [Libra girl] doing?" and everyone's faces light up, get all shiny-eyed, and they start gushing about her amazing she is, all smiling and blushing. Finally I got so creeped out I said, "What is with you guys and this girl??" and they all looked at me dumbly. It was like she cast a spell on them. The closest I could figure for their extreme reaction is that she knew how to play the "damsel in distress" very well and make them all feel good about themselves, being very physically demonstrative and ego-stroking (until they fall for her really hard and then she's gone like a puff of smoke). I don't know why I'd get told these things, but guys would say sex with her was a transforming experience.

She has a Pisces Moon and Scorpio Merc/Venus conjunction, Aqua Mars and Gemini ASC. A very emotional girl.

Anyway, back to dudes. I don't have a problem with Libra men. Where are you getting this idea, CAREFREE?

There always comes a time when a girl would ask me my sign.... I ofc say libra
and I always get facepalms and rolling eyes for some reson....maybe its just me :D

Flapjacks

This fits my Libra husband exactly. Fortunately my planets are mostly air and fire, so I can handle it.... usually.

That sounds more like a Gemini or Aquarius influence to me. Libra tends to be more interested in Venusian things. Libra-influence people I know (mostly Libra Moon, but some Libra Sun or Venus or a combination of the three) don't really care about politics/current events so much as fashion, art, aesthetics in general and women. They shy away from politics a lot because they don't like the controversy of differing opinions and see debating as upsetting their harmony. :unsure:

CAREFREE, they face-palm you? What does that even mean?? :andy: My brother has Libra sun and he wanted to be a model growing up. He's quite charming. :D

Last edited:

Bunraku

I know a dude w/ a heavy Libra influence.
He is the fakest dude! But he does charm the pants out of people! He lies a lot and a lot of people don't see through the lies so. :andy:

junoisuppose

That sounds more like a Gemini or Aquarius influence to me. Libra tends to be more interested in Venusian things. Libra-influence people I know (mostly Libra Moon, but some Libra Sun or Venus or a combination of the three) don't really care about politics/current events so much as fashion, art, aesthetics in general and women. They shy away from politics a lot because they don't like the controversy of differing opinions and see debating as upsetting their harmony. :unsure:

People born in the second third of Libra are born in the decan of Aquarius, people born in the third decan of Libra are born in the decan of Gemini. Decans are very important in my opinion. Similarly people born in the last third of Aquarius and the second third of Gemini are very Libran in character.

My mum, who is my main example when I'm talking about Libras, will argue the opposite side of whatever I assert, not because that's what she necessarily believes but because she thinks that it's important for harmony and balance that I hear the other side :rolleyes: (she's a mid-Libran born in the decan of Aquarius).

Also, perhaps politics and current affairs are something that people are only interested in when they're a bit older.

& my mum doesn't go in for cut-throat debating, she does it all with a smile on her face, all in a very gentle, "let's keep the peace" kind of way. I once saw a female Chinese ambassador behaving exactly that way on a news programme, I don't know if China is influenced by Libra, or if perhaps this particular ambassador had a lot of Libra in her chart, but she was very keen not to let the interviewer lose face and not to have an unpleasant conversation, all the while making it very clear that China (& she) didn't agree.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Ive been told this from a few woman; immature, clingy, aloof on issues that matter and so forth. Just very general things who knows. My dad and brother are libras and most people love them. My dad can be pretty silly like he has to clean and starts with like shinning candle sticks lol and I come over and say do those details lasttt or youll get tired and only have shinning things with a huge mess everywhere else but he calls me bossy. So I dunno it seems like a generalization.

Love2Know

People born in the second third of Libra are born in the decan of Aquarius, people born in the third decan of Libra are born in the decan of Gemini. Decans are very important in my opinion. Similarly people born in the last third of Aquarius and the second third of Gemini are very Libran in character.

My mum, who is my main example when I'm talking about Libras, will argue the opposite side of whatever I assert, not because that's what she necessarily believes but because she thinks that it's important for harmony and balance that I hear the other side :rolleyes: (she's a mid-Libran born in the decan of Aquarius).

Also, perhaps politics and current affairs are something that people are only interested in when they're a bit older.

& my mum doesn't go in for cut-throat debating, she does it all with a smile on her face, all in a very gentle, "let's keep the peace" kind of way. I once saw a female Chinese ambassador behaving exactly that way on a news programme, I don't know if China is influenced by Libra, or if perhaps this particular ambassador had a lot of Libra in her chart, but she was very keen not to let the interviewer lose face and not to have an unpleasant conversation, all the while making it very clear that China (& she) didn't agree.

My father does that debating with people too it can borderline trolling lol

junoisuppose

Probably the main reason why I personally would be unlikely to date a libra man is because libra does not in any way rule my 7th house. Different women will have different views.

Perhaps when these women groan at you & put their head in their hands you need to ask them for a bit more information, & ask them whether they have had a bad experience with a libra? Or employ the famous libra charm & perhaps tell them that you've heard that libra is the nicest sign :whistling:

Love2Know

Probably the main reason why I personally would be unlikely to date a libra man is because libra does not in any way rule my 7th house. Different women will have different views.

Perhaps when these women groan at you & put their head in their hands you need to ask them for a bit more information, & ask them whether they have had a bad experience with a libra? Or employ the famous libra charm & perhaps tell them that you've heard that libra is the nicest sign :whistling:

Just to add to the generalization I was basically stalked by two different libra men lol.

Jesse Booth

Politics is an interest of mine that actually competes with astrology for my time, and I'm 17.

CAREFREE

CAREFREE, they face-palm you? What does that even mean?? :andy: My brother has Libra sun and he wanted to be a model growing up. He's quite charming. :D

I meant to say they facepalm themselves when they hear Im a libra....like slap the forehead :DDD