Rahu Ketu Paradox?

carpediem

My understanding is that we are supposed to be moving towards Rahu as the soul gains greater consciousness
on its path towards God. We are not supposed to be moving towards Ketu. I was looking at a chart yesterday
that seems paradoxical.

How can someone achieve the goals of a Leo Rahu if their Sun is conjunct Ketu in D-60 (with Sun being
Atmakaraka and rasi lagna lord)? Wouldn't this indicate an important focus on Ketu? In the rasi, Sun is not
conjunct Ketu. But Ketu is 10th from Atmakaraka in rasi. In D-10, this person also has Sun conjunct Ketu.

Leo North Node is about developing ego, leadership, confidence, and creativity. Yet a Ketu-Sun conjunction is
the opposite of ego and confidence. Seems rather paradoxical if an individual is supposed to be focusing on Rahu,
but yet the AK/Rasi Lagna Lord is conjunct Ketu in D-60? How would you interpret this?

Last edited:

RaRohini

Hi !
Ketu lies in Aquarius 7th house 24.16 degree Purvabhadrapada the former lucky feet.
Rahu in Leo in the first house in Purvaphalguni ..the hammock or pleasure life.
In D60 , Sun Ketu conjunct in 6th house.
How one may interpret this is as follows:
Purvabhadra is a very severe asceterism. It is the wild child who actually has a lot of ego.But this ego is used to benefit the masses ( Aqua) and put up a false face gor the 'classes'. It is a difficult path So that job being accomplished in the previous lives, the soul has chosen to enjoy itself in Purvaphalguni the hammock to reap the benefits. Purvaphalguni Leo represents the period of time after the war in Magha is over. So one can rest and enjoy and help others to do the same. Celebrations, festivals, sports tournaments etc all fallunder this star.

RaRohini

Carpediem, i know it sounds politically incorrect but i just can't help thinking. The terrorists say to their cadre ' Do this one last sacrifice and you can enjoy with the angels in heaven'..
Is it this kind of a chart they are referring to? (I'm not suggesting that this person was a terrorist or something😃)..just a thought.

muchacho

My understanding is that we are supposed to be moving towards Rahu as the soul gains greater consciousness
on its path towards God. We are not supposed to be moving towards Ketu. I was looking at a chart yesterday
that seems paradoxical.

How can someone achieve the goals of a Leo Rahu if their Sun is conjunct Ketu in D-60 (with Sun being
Atmakaraka and rasi lagna lord)? Wouldn't this indicate an important focus on Ketu? In the rasi, Sun is not
conjunct Ketu. But Ketu is 10th from Atmakaraka in rasi. In D-10, this person also has Sun conjunct Ketu.

Leo North Node is about developing ego, leadership, confidence, and creativity. Yet a Ketu-Sun conjunction is
the opposite of ego and confidence. Seems rather paradoxical if an individual is supposed to be focusing on Rahu,
but yet the AK/Rasi Lagna Lord is conjunct Ketu in D-60? How would you interpret this?
I don't agree that we should be moving towards Rahu. That's too simplistic, IMO. Apart from that, I think it's an issue of priorities. The Vargas are only additional factors. So whatever a Varga indicates, if the Rasi doesn't indicate something similar, then it's not that important. There's only one exception, the D-9 which is on par with the Rasi and the Chandra Lagna chart. So the Vargas (including D-9) can only confirm or modify what's indicated in the Rasi. Which means a total reinterpretation of the Rasi based on the D-10 or D-60 would be inappropriate, IMO.

In general, the nodes are connected to strange, unusual and foreign (also otherworldly) things and are said to cause sudden changes of fate at an extraordinary level. So Sun being Lagnesh and in the 10th means that's someone who needs to have a career and status, and Rahu in Lagna is only intensifying that ambitiousness. It may even add some ruthlessness. The Chandra Lagna chart is confirming that. Not sure what the D-9 says though. We should always check that out first before looking at even higher Vargas. But two charts are already showing someone rather materialistic, so if there should be a Sun-Ketu combination in some of the higher Vargas, then that's just modifying that ambition, and depending on what Varga you are looking at, it may give it a more spiritual bent or in more practical terms it may put one rather on a global than on a local stage. Which makes sense with 10th lord Venus in 12th. Also, the nodes are natural malefics, especially Ketu. So this Sun Ketu combination could show someone who doesn't really care about ethics or rules in business.

Last edited:

carpediem

Hi !
Ketu lies in Aquarius 7th house 24.16 degree Purvabhadrapada the former lucky feet.
Rahu in Leo in the first house in Purvaphalguni ..the hammock or pleasure life.
In D60 , Sun Ketu conjunct in 6th house.
How one may interpret this is as follows:
Purvabhadra is a very severe asceterism. It is the wild child who actually has a lot of ego.But this ego is used to benefit the masses ( Aqua) and put up a false face gor the 'classes'. It is a difficult path So that job being accomplished in the previous lives, the soul has chosen to enjoy itself in Purvaphalguni the hammock to reap the benefits. Purvaphalguni Leo represents the period of time after the war in Magha is over. So one can rest and enjoy and help others to do the same. Celebrations, festivals, sports tournaments etc all fallunder this star.

Hi RaRohini. Thanks for your interpretation of the nakshatras.

carpediem

I don't agree that we should be moving towards Rahu. That's too simplistic, IMO. Apart from that, I think it's an issue of priorities. The Vargas are only additional factors. So whatever a Varga indicates, if the Rasi doesn't indicate something similar, then it's not that important. There's only one exception, the D-9 which is on par with the Rasi and the Chandra Lagna chart. So the Vargas (including D-9) can only confirm or modify what's indicated in the Rasi. Which means a total reinterpretation of the Rasi based on the D-10 or D-60 would be inappropriate, IMO.

In general, the nodes are connected to strange, unusual and foreign (also otherworldly) things and are said to cause sudden changes of fate at an extraordinary level. So Sun being Lagnesh and in the 10th means that's someone who needs to have a career and status, and Rahu in Lagna is only intensifying that ambitiousness. It may even add some ruthlessness. The Chandra Lagna chart is confirming that. Not sure what the D-9 says though. We should always check that out first before looking at even higher Vargas. But two charts are already showing someone rather materialistic, so if there should be a Sun-Ketu combination in some of the higher Vargas, then that's just modifying that ambition, and depending on what Varga you are looking at, it may give it a more spiritual bent or in more practical terms it may put one rather on a global than on a local stage. Which makes sense with 10th lord Venus in 12th. Also, the nodes are natural malefics, especially Ketu. So this Sun Ketu combination could show someone who doesn't really care about ethics or rules in business.

Thanks muchacho. I appreciate your well-written, insightful response. Yes, I think Ketu-Sun would provide a more spiritual bent and possibly an interest in occult subjects and/or research. Sage Parashara emphasizes that the D-60 is the most important chart, and says to look at D-60 for "all matters" since it represents sanchita karma, which is the karma that an individual is destined to face in this particular lifetime. Using navamsha, you're seeing everyone born within 13 minutes of the birth time. But when using the bhava cusps in the D-60, you're seeing everyone born within 20 seconds of the person's birth time. So, this is why I attached D-60. But, I understand what you mean about the navamsa.

Took a quick peek at this person's navamsa, and it appears to confirm the rasi. Rasi Lagna Lord Sun/AK is in the 11th house in navamsa, reinforcing the idea of ambitiousness. And rasi 10th lord Venus is in the navamsa 9th house, reinforcing the concept of spirituality. There is no Sun-Ketu conjunction in D-9. Thanks again for your feedback and analysis.

carpediem

Welcome ! Not sure about this though. How is the life of this person?Is it a life of leisure? What profession is he/she in?

The profession is marketing. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this person to determine if they are living a life of leisure. If I had guess, I'd say probably not.

RaRohini

The profession is marketing. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this person to determine if they are living a life of leisure. If I had guess, I'd say probably not.

Hmm.. the nakshatra itself is highly materialistic being ruled by Venus. Maybe he is into event management or sports management, travel and tourism marketing perhaps..hmm images of sipping cocktaiks in Bali 😃😃

Julia Karmic Astrology

that seems paradoxical.

Carpediem:

In my work with the nodes, I look at them as an axis. We grow into Rahu, bringing with us the good of Ketu. So it is not an either/or situation, but both. You would combine the goo traits of an Aq Ketu, originality, innovation, etc and combine it with the good traits of Leo, heart centered, leadership, compassion.

The Sun next to Ketu is telling us that you have worked on balancing Aq/Leo energy in many past lives, and in this life you are to use these energies in a more constructive fashion. Develop the positive energies in both signs, and capitalize on the skills learned in past lives.

Be aware that with a Sun conjunct Ketu (SN), you may feel pulled back into old past life patterns that block Rahu progress. This may feel like complex, deeply unconscious feelings or sub-personalities. Again, this is calling for the integration of the two energies of the Nodes.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

Julia, that's the modern western point of view.

Yes, sorry, but it does explain the seeming paradox posed by the OP.

My response however was not really western, it is more eastern.

The Vedics are very welcome on the karmic astrology forum.
I thought I might be brave enough to jump in from time to time
on the Vedic forum.

I am sadly neither fish nor fowl.
Not embraced by Vedic or Western.
But born of each.

My astrology parents birthed me, but then threw me out on my own.
Which is probably how it was meant to be.

Julia

carpediem

Carpediem:

In my work with the nodes, I look at them as an axis. We grow into Rahu, bringing with us the good of Ketu. So it is not an either/or situation, but both. You would combine the goo traits of an Aq Ketu, originality, innovation, etc and combine it with the good traits of Leo, heart centered, leadership, compassion.

The Sun next to Ketu is telling us that you have worked on balancing Aq/Leo energy in many past lives, and in this life you are to use these energies in a more constructive fashion. Develop the positive energies in both signs, and capitalize on the skills learned in past lives.

Be aware that with a Sun conjunct Ketu (SN), you may feel pulled back into old past life patterns that block Rahu progress. This may feel like complex, deeply unconscious feelings or sub-personalities. Again, this is calling for the integration of the two energies of the Nodes.

Julia

I think instructing people to balance the nodes sounds reasonable, and would seem to make sense for this person's chart. He can incorporate the Aquarian traits of Ketu to further the goals of Rahu. Thanks for your feedback, Julia.

RaRohini

Yes, sorry, but it does explain the seeming paradox posed by the OP.

My response however was not really western, it is more eastern.

The Vedics are very welcome on the karmic astrology forum.
I thought I might be brave enough to jump in from time to time
on the Vedic forum.

I am sadly neither fish nor fowl.
Not embraced by Vedic or Western.
But born of each.

My astrology parents birthed me, but then threw me out on my own.
Which is probably how it was meant to be.

Julia

You are a beautiful blend of both !

muchacho

Hey Julia, no worries. Your input is very welcome. It's just that I've heard that theory mostly in modern western astrology only but not really in vedic astrology. In vedic astrology the nodes do indicate karmic influences but if you are interested what your karmic past, present and future is then we would rather look at certain houses and especially certain divisional charts instead of just the nodes.