serious relationship

rogue_red

Its mid life crisis time...well sort of. I had a recent run in with neptune that brought up some old demons. To keep a very very long story short I am lonely. I am quite happy with my own company and have dated since my marriage ended eight years ago but nothing that I really want to write home about.
So Im asking will i have a serious relationship. To get some insight to the question. In my mind im asking will i get to experience a proper commited loving relationship.
serious relationship.gif

Im just a baby at horary and am humbly asking for some help.
This is what I have so far.
I am mercury and jupiter rules my 7th house of relationships. Jupiter, moon and mercury are all conjunct in cap in 8th (joint resources) all significators are ruled by saturn in the 3rd (thinking and talking) but very close to fourth. Both mercury and moon are in applying conjunctions to jupiter and both merc and moon are in a seperating trine to saturn with mercury and saturn in mutual reception which might indicate that soon saturns restrictions may be lifted(??) Venus is my 12th house ruler and is in a seperating conjunction with neptune which shows i have recently had to deal with some deception or delusion regarding affairs of the heart but this is passing. Mars is my 11th house ruler of hopes and dreams and is in my 7th house showing my deep felt desire for a relationship. Mars is conjunct pluto in the 7th and moving toward sun and if this is relevent may indicate that recent transformations have given me the drive to seek relationships. I think this chart indicates a 'yes' but im not sure given the fact that the moon is in its detriment in cap.
I would really appreciate any help here.

RayAustin

Conjunctions involving the moon, first and seventh would automatically lead to a yes. Detriment may mean something not to your liking in the outcome, but at the same time Moon is in her triplicity.

rogue_red

ra_divinington said:
Conjunctions involving the moon, first and seventh would automatically lead to a yes. Detriment may mean something not to your liking in the outcome, but at the same time Moon is in her triplicity.

Thankyou ray, just so as i can learn as i go I have a couple of questions. In horary is the moon part of the earth triplicity? With the moon being in her detriment could that signify overcoming some difficulty before a relationship is realised or could it indicate a relationship that starts out difficultly? What do you think is the significance of saturn being the ruler of all the significators? Any help is appreciated.:)

RayAustin

rogue_red said:
Thankyou ray, just so as i can learn as i go I have a couple of questions. In horary is the moon part of the earth triplicity? With the moon being in her detriment could that signify overcoming some difficulty before a relationship is realised or could it indicate a relationship that starts out difficultly? What do you think is the significance of saturn being the ruler of all the significators? Any help is appreciated.:)

Saturn ruling the 8th (r 2nd), 9th (r 3rd) out of sect and sitting in your third could be issues with communications, distance (physical or intangible), the person's resources (maybe they don't make that much money), or the intangible values. Saturn can also be your fears. Saturn resonates your concerns of a serious, stable, and longterm relationship.

Last edited:

rogue_red

ra_divinington said:
Saturn ruling the 8th (r 2nd), 9th (r 3rd) out of sect and sitting in your third could be issues with communications, distance (physical or intangible), the person's resources (maybe they don't make that much money), or the intangible values. Saturn can also be your fears. Saturn resonates your concerns of a serious, stable, and longterm relationship.

Thanks ray. I did some reading today and re-examined my birth chart and I agree that saturn does reflect my fears. I dont think i fear not having a stable relationship as it isnt something I need as much as it is a hope and dream of mine to forfil that area of my life but I do fear loss in relationships. I have this nagging fear that just when I find someone who I can feel really passionately about and who feels the same for me that 'he' will leave or be taken from me. I have a history of suffering loss through men. My father and grandfather to whom i was very close then the father of my oldest girl went to town to get parts for the van and just never came back. I was five months pregnant. This deeply traumatised me and has affected my relationships. My ex husband would just disappear for days on end, drinking and affairs, I never knew when he left the house whether I would see him again. Being in love terrifies me, i hate being vulnerable and yet I truely ache to be realised in someone elses eyes.
Thanks for the insight ray:)

RayAustin

Well it makes perfect sense with the quesited sitting in your eighth house of fears&etc, especially under Saturn ... I hope things go well and please give us an update! :)

rogue_red

ra_divinington said:
Well it makes perfect sense with the quesited sitting in your eighth house of fears&etc, especially under Saturn ... I hope things go well and please give us an update! :)

Thanks Ray. I will:39:

RayAustin

Hey Rogue.
There is a yes, but I just again question the happiness with it, with all of the significators in the angsty eighth house, which if you haven't noted already, I think you should.

R

rogue_red

ra_divinington said:
Hey Rogue.
There is a yes, but I just again question the happiness with it, with all of the significators in the angsty eighth house, which if you haven't noted already, I think you should.

R

Hi ray, yeah that 8th house bugs me too. While it has the joint resources thing isnt it also the horary house of fears and losses? Im also questioning the 'yes' answer. Although mercury is conj moon its a seperating aspect and the approaching conjunct to jupiter is severally weakened with jupiter in its fall in cap. The thing is when i formulated the question in my mind i was asking if i would experience a serious and forfilling relationship, which for me would need to be long term and stable so how can i get a yes answer that contradicts the question? Saturn is very close to the fourth house so should it be interpreted in the fourth? How close does it need to be to be considered for interpretation in 4th?

rogue_red

ra_divinington said:
If its within a five degree orb to the house cusp, then it is in that particular house.

Saturn is within 5 deg of the fourth house. Ok, heres is what i think is going on. Prior to asking the question my ex husband had been calling me. His relationship with his current partner had ended and he needed a friend. Listening to him talk about his ex I wished he could have felt that way for me. In truth he never loved me the way he loves her. This just added to my sense of loneliness. I wondered if i would ever have someone love me like he loves her and part of me wondered if he could ever love me like that. So im thinking that in asking the question will i ever have a serious relationship, there was almost a sub-clause - 'with my ex or anyone else'. Interestingly enough my ex seems to feature in the chart. He is a sag which is my 7th house cusp and he has a gem asc too interestingly. Given this info here is what i came up with.
I am mercury in 8th ruled by sat in 3/4, relationships are ruled by jupiter, 11th house of hopes and dreams is ruled by mars in 7th, mars is exalted in cap but bodes misfortune in relationships in 7th. POF is in first house with an applying opposition to mars in 7th. The moon is moving away from mars so i think that mars represents past hopes and dreams i had of a happy marriage with my ex. With saturn in 4th ruling mars in cap means hes history, never to be repeated. Mercury moon and jup all make applying sextiles to mc so i think that i will have opportunities for a serious relationship in the future but with the significators all being in a suceedent house it wont be anytime soon. The significators in the 8th reflect my fears and losses relating to relationships but saturns trine to them seems to say that this was for the best or to my advantage. Saturn has a seperating square to my pof and a seperating opp to my MC, this combined with the applying sextiles of jup moon and merc says that, in time, my fears and losses will fade and that opportunities in love will be realised.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on my interpretation as im just a baby at horary.:)

barbh

Account Closed
Hi rogue red

Well, that's quite a chart isn't it. Merc, moon and Jup all nicely lined up like that. However, the moon is in the fall of jupiter, and jupiter is in the detriment of the moon. What about Jup and Mercury then? Mercury too is in the fall of Jupiter, and Jupiter has no reception with Mercury. That's not good. It's like you, as the moon and merc, don't even like Jupiter! What's up with that? And Jupiter, the intended beloved, doesn't even like the moon, nor does he have any energy on you as Mercury. And, as you mentioned, Jupiter himself is weak.
Who do you have energy on?? Why Saturn of course....you as Mercury and you as the moon....you're all about Saturn, by rulership and by terms, and you even have MR with Saturn by rulership. Saturn's all about you too.
Is Saturn a person? Saturn is stationary in this chart, just about to go retrograde. In fact, you, Mercury, have just recently left the trine to Saturn. You know this person. Saturn could be someone older, or from the past, but if he's going retrograde, then he could be coming back! He could indeed be your ex, especially since he was on your mind at the time of the question. The Sun, ruler of your 3rd, is next going to trine that Saturn, so there will likely be more communication with him.
The antiscia of you, Mercury, is at 4 Sag 16, just about to conjunct the Dsc, and is about 1.5 degrees from it. We;re only supposed to use 1 degree of orb for antiscia, but still....still a good sign that you're applying to a relationship at some point. The moon is there too, but out of orb for now.
So, with the moon in detriment in the 8th, merc in the fall of Jup, and Jup in fall in Cap in the 8th, i wonder if this aspect will give up a relationship. Weak essentially, and weak accidentally, and negative reception. Probably not.
Bummer. Looks like you're still not done with Saturn. Maybe that's what's holding you back. I think Saturn is indeed your ex, as Saturn has just recently opposed Uranus, which would signify his recent split up with his girlfriend. There is caution here - as Saturn will once again move back to oppose Uranus again!! Another abrupt split, or change of heart or mind...he would hurt you again if you went back there. There is nothing to say that you will however, as there aren't really any aspects to indicate that you would. It's all about him, at this point in time. Once Saturn, or the feelings that Saturn evoke are dealt with, perhaps it would be much easier to move forward.
Let's see what happens when the moon conjuncts Jupiter in 1.75 degrees.
days, weeks or months

just my take
good luck
barbh

Last edited:

rogue_red

barbh said:
Hi rogue red

Well, that's quite a chart isn't it. Merc, moon and Jup all nicely lined up like that. However, the moon is in the fall of jupiter, and jupiter is in the detriment of the moon. What about Jup and Mercury then? Mercury too is in the fall of Jupiter, and Jupiter has no reception with Mercury. That's not good. It's like you, as the moon and merc, don't even like Jupiter! What's up with that? And Jupiter, the intended beloved, doesn't even like the moon, nor does he have any energy on you as Mercury. And, as you mentioned, Jupiter himself is weak.
Who do you have energy on?? Why Saturn of course....you as Mercury and you as the moon....you're all about Saturn, by rulership and by terms, and you even have MR with Saturn by rulership. Saturn's all about you too.
Is Saturn a person? Saturn is stationary in this chart, just about to go retrograde. In fact, you, Mercury, have just recently left the trine to Saturn. You know this person. Saturn could be someone older, or from the past, but if he's going retrograde, then he could be coming back! He could indeed be your ex, especially since he was on your mind at the time of the question. The Sun, ruler of your 3rd, is next going to trine that Saturn, so there will likely be more communication with him.
The antiscia of you, Mercury, is at 4 Sag 16, just about to conjunct the Dsc, and is about 1.5 degrees from it. We;re only supposed to use 1 degree of orb for antiscia, but still....still a good sign that you're applying to a relationship at some point. The moon is there too, but out of orb for now.
So, with the moon in detriment in the 8th, merc in the fall of Jup, and Jup in fall in Cap in the 8th, i wonder if this aspect will give up a relationship. Weak essentially, and weak accidentally, and negative reception. Probably not.
Bummer. Looks like you're still not done with Saturn. Maybe that's what's holding you back. I think Saturn is indeed your ex, as Saturn has just recently opposed Uranus, which would signify his recent split up with his girlfriend. There is caution here - as Saturn will once again move back to oppose Uranus again!! Another abrupt split, or change of heart or mind...he would hurt you again if you went back there. There is nothing to say that you will however, as there aren't really any aspects to indicate that you would. It's all about him, at this point in time. Once Saturn, or the feelings that Saturn evoke are dealt with, perhaps it would be much easier to move forward.
Let's see what happens when the moon conjuncts Jupiter in 1.75 degrees.
days, weeks or months

just my take
good luck
barbh

Thankyou so much barb everything you say resonates deeply with me. My ex is my achilles heel, my weakness. My relationship was awful. I am a strong and independant person but when it comes to him i seem to lose all my power. The relationship was extremely psychologically and emotionally abusive and I had to work very very hard to recover from it so why oh why do i still entertain thoughts of a reconciliation? You are right in that if we use jupiter to represent him that mercury and the moon dont like jupiter and personally i dont. I love him but am not in love with him. The thought of being in a relationship with him terrifies me, i dont want to go back to what we had. Interestingly, he has neptune conjunct sun natally in his 7th house and when we got together i had transiting neptune applying a conjunction to my moon squaring my sun. When neptune finally fell out of orb is when my relationship with him came to an end and it was not long after that we split. Whats even more interesting is that i am currently experiences transiting neptune (11th) square natal neptune(9th) and T nep is opposing natal jupiter in 5th and in the horary chart venus is conjunct neptune (in 9th!) but its a seperating conjunction thankgoodness Whenever neptune is negatively aspecting anything natally you can gaurentee that my ex turns up. No doubt there is a lesson for me here and i think its that i must never ever let anyone have my power and that until i can learn to make choices that are for my best. Until i can stand up for myself in relationships i am at risk of being hurt so thats probably why those opportunities have been witheld. Thankyou very much for taking the time to contribute.:)

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi,
First thing that strikes me about this chart is the presence of mars conjoined with pluto in *his* first house, and the opposition of fortuna there.
Sometimes we get a *yes* answer to a horary but the action we want to take is to our detriment. I think this chart may be one of those.
The ruler of your second house of self esteem and self worth is the moon. The moon gets to his ruler jupiter, before mercury and jupiter get together.To me this suggests you will have a surge of *self belief* that could prevent you getting back together with your ex.(Which I understand is the sub- text of the question?).The moon doesn't feel too good in capricorn, in detriment.When a planet's in detriment, as jupiter is here, it is weak so if anyone has to be strong here, it will have to be you, even though you don't feel strong at the moment.
This is a good example of a case where the significators will conjunct but in the eighth house,which to me suggests the outcome is not favourable or you would have regrets.It's also the house of going over the past.
Capricorn is a *serious *sign and saturn rules the situation. The same saturn who opposed uranus a while back (separation) and will do so again, 4 more
times between now and halfway through 2010.Maybe you will to and fro over the matter (emotionally) while that opposition plays out.
It's a bit like being halfway through a transformation, and in a moment of almost giving up hope, we are tempted to return to the past. Saturn, Lord of karma and the Past, will however eventually leave that opposition to Uranus and move on. It just might take a while.
Another thing to maybe consider, is that having mercury and jupiter as the sigs is not the best combination, especially at the moment.Jupiter will still be in Saturn's sign after its finished in capricorn.Mercury is inclined to move (too) fast, but doesnt do so well in cap. In Aquarius, though,mercury may be more connected to the big picture-humanity, universal love-eleventh house preoccupations, and definitely more freedom loving.
I think this chart depicts an upcoming challenge to you.Yes you can get together, and go over old ground again if you must, but the outcome will be as it was before so maybe there's nothing to be gained for you by allowing yourself to be mistreated all over again.:)
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

rogue_red

lillyjgc said:
Hi,
First thing that strikes me about this chart is the presence of mars conjoined with pluto in *his* first house, and the opposition of fortuna there.
Sometimes we get a *yes* answer to a horary but the action we want to take is to our detriment. I think this chart may be one of those.
The ruler of your second house of self esteem and self worth is the moon. The moon gets to his ruler jupiter, before mercury and jupiter get together.To me this suggests you will have a surge of *self belief* that could prevent you getting back together with your ex.(Which I understand is the sub- text of the question?).The moon doesn't feel too good in capricorn, in detriment.When a planet's in detriment, as jupiter is here, it is weak so if anyone has to be strong here, it will have to be you, even though you don't feel strong at the moment.
This is a good example of a case where the significators will conjunct but in the eighth house,which to me suggests the outcome is not favourable or you would have regrets.It's also the house of going over the past.
Capricorn is a *serious *sign and saturn rules the situation. The same saturn who opposed uranus a while back (separation) and will do so again, 4 more
times between now and halfway through 2010.Maybe you will to and fro over the matter (emotionally) while that opposition plays out.
It's a bit like being halfway through a transformation, and in a moment of almost giving up hope, we are tempted to return to the past. Saturn, Lord of karma and the Past, will however eventually leave that opposition to Uranus and move on. It just might take a while.
Another thing to maybe consider, is that having mercury and jupiter as the sigs is not the best combination, especially at the moment.Jupiter will still be in Saturn's sign after its finished in capricorn.Mercury is inclined to move (too) fast, but doesnt do so well in cap. In Aquarius, though,mercury may be more connected to the big picture-humanity, universal love-eleventh house preoccupations, and definitely more freedom loving.
I think this chart depicts an upcoming challenge to you.Yes you can get together, and go over old ground again if you must, but the outcome will be as it was before so maybe there's nothing to be gained for you by allowing yourself to be mistreated all over again.:)
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

Thankyou so much lilly. You have expressed so well exactly what has been playing out. I do believe that if i truly wanted to i could reconcile with him but I DONT WANT TO. He is my cocaine so to speak, an addiction. For me, as a person i have an overwhelming need/desire to win every race. If i cant win i wont even enter the race. I want him to want me but i dont want him. It is very much a self esteem issue closly linked to my father and the attention i never got from him and because of this i get deeply deeply hurt when I am rejected by a man and yet paradoxially i set the bar very high often pursuing men who really arent that interested. In fact i am often turn off by men who are interested in me!! Its almost like i see their affections as too easy and for me nothing of value comes without hard work and perserverence. Im telling you im one ******* up cookie lol. Its one thing to be able to see that im ******* up its another thing to undo the damage.
Thankyou so much lilly and ray for your insights and interpretations, you have really helped me to understand not only this chart but the relevence of it to the transformations i am currently experiencing.
:39: