orbs

Emily56

Hi,

I would like to know what orbs do you take into account when considering aspects in general and more specifically in relationships. For example, ive got an aspect of pluto opposition mars at around 8 degrees. we know this aspect is not good in relationships. I side on the side of caution and still feel this energy as relevant.

I am asking because I seem to have this mars opposite pluto aspect with everyone in my generation and this is a major reason I dont get involved in relationships.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think the closer the orb, the more defined the natal aspect is in our temperament. With two strong planets like Mars and Pluto in a hard aspect, I suspect 8 degrees may likely be quite enough for you to keenly feel it.
I don't quite follow what you mean by having the natal Mars Pluto opposition with everyone one in your generation, though.

I wonder if you might say a bit more about what you mean by "hav[ing] this mars opposite pluto aspect with everyone in my generation" in order to help me understand?
Kindly,

Emily56

Hi,
my mars is in opposition to the pluto (generational planet) of my generation. WIth most people i know, my mars is opposite their pluto.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi,
my mars is in opposition to the pluto (generational planet) of my generation. WIth most people i know, my mars is opposite their pluto.

Oh, I see what you mean now; I hadn't thought of it that way.

My natal mars is widely conjunct natal pluto; so this gives me something interesting to think about. Thank you for explaining.

wan

I would say an orb of 8 degrees is a bit too wide for Mars and Pluto. For one thing, they are not the luminaries (the Sun and the moon usually get a bigger allowance in terms of degree). Secondly, if it's in a synastry chart then the degrees allowed are usually smaller than those for a natal chart.

IleneK

Premium Member
I would say an orb of 8 degrees is a bit too wide for Mars and Pluto. For one thing, they are not the luminaries (the Sun and the moon usually get a bigger allowance in terms of degree). Secondly, if it's in a synastry chart then the degrees allowed are usually smaller than those for a natal chart.

I personally see it as a matter of degree [
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
no pun intended], natal and in synastry.
The wider the orb, the milder the influence. So we could say the influence is less, but it is still between two big hardball players, Mars and Pluto. Not to be ignored in my opinion.