An Artist in the Making

ImNotThere9

Drawing was my youth-time passion until I started writing, which displaced it almost altogether. I was alive to every detail in my drawings, which made them especially good for others looking at them, but defective to me because there was always some one detail that should not have been, however minute. I was very precocious and my drawings were far more advanced than those of my peers. Venus is a singleton in my chart, conjunct my DC and ruling my Ascendant in Libra. The ruler of my Midheaven is stationed in the fifth house as part of a stellium there. Because the sixth house appears to figure prominently in this thread, I would add that my sun falls there in Pisces.

I know at least seven people with Saturn in the fifth house, myself among them, and there is one thing that they all have in common. They are all artists, or have been in the past. Now this is not to say that everyone with Saturn here is predisposed to create fine art, but the pattern is there for your reflection, and you may infer from it what you will.

P.S. Let it also be known that these hallowed Seven constitute the sum of people I know with the placement.

Last edited:

FarEastUranus

I'm an artist and musician. Here's my chart:

I guess according to this thread, it would be the Venus in Libra, conjunct Mercury, Mars, and Pluto, and Moon in 5th house? :love:

Also I heard that sun square Neptune is a big one in many artist's charts. Personally, I don't think that all artists are motivated by the same things. So perhaps it would serve to categorize further...

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Cascada

I guess according to this thread, it would be the Venus in Libra, conjunct Mercury, Mars, and Pluto, and Moon in 5th house? :love:

Also I heard that sun square Neptune is a big one in many artist's charts. Personally, I don't think that all artists are motivated by the same things. So perhaps it would serve to categorize further...

I heard about the Sun square (or opposite) Neptune too. I also have this aspect. Apparently it makes us crave to be something big? I guess it means that we crave for fame/recognition.

Matie

Any planet -even outer, transpersonal ones like Pluto- will energise the house in which they are placed. The quality of the energy depends on the planet (e.g. power, transformation) and the nature or style of it depends on the sign.

In my case it would be Pluto in the 5th house, with Libra as ruler of that house.

But Pluto is in Scorpio.

It's true. No artist is exactly the same as another, that's why every expression of art is unique.

I have Moon opposite Neptune, maybe it has something to do with art too.

Drawing was my youth-time passion until I started writing, which displaced it almost altogether. I was alive to every detail in my drawings, which made them especially good for others looking at them, but defective to me because there was always some one detail that should not have been, however minute.

XD my case is exactly backwards. I was precocious in writing and ultimately shifted to drawing. Maybe if we compare our charts there can be a key.

Attachments

• chart_matie.gif
    chart_matie.gif
    59.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

FarEastUranus

In my case it would be Pluto in the 5th house, with Libra as ruler of that house.

But Pluto is in Scorpio.

It's true. No artist is exactly the same as another, that's why every expression of art is unique.

I have Moon opposite Neptune, maybe it has something to do with art too.

XD my case is exactly backwards. I was precocious in writing and ultimately shifted to drawing. Maybe if we compare our charts there can be a key.

It would be interesting if these things can actually be confirmed astrologically, although I'm highly skeptic. My theory is that everybody is creative (we all have the 10 planets and the 12 signs), so perhaps a hard aspect prevents the full expression of that creativity. For example, I come from a family of professional musicians and artists. Two grandparents who are composers, one grandmother who's a writer, one grand-uncle who's painter and director of the Beaux-Arts, one sculptor aunt, one painter uncle, one sculptor uncle, one conductor uncle, and my mom is a musician and music educator (she plays the piano, accordion, guitar, cello, sings, dances, and loves teaching children. She's a Leo and my moon is in 5th...).

From what I observe, the challenge lies in finding a way of expressing ourselves within a certain medium. Personally I switched from a Bachelor's in music to a MFA. I'm still fine-tuning that. I'm the most fickle of my family though; everybody else is happy in either music or visual arts, keeping the other one as a hobby. :sideways: My grandfather was also also an art teacher before gaining a living as a composer, but composition was where he was the most creative. He was a compulsive museum goer, but he pretty much didn't have time to draw, was composing all the time till the day he passed.

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

FarEastUranus

"Divine Discontentment" - regarding Neptune

Taken directly from Steven Arroyo's book Astrology, Karma, and Transformation

C.E.O. Carter has likewise found these aspects with Neptune to be more indicative of artistic creativity and spiritual progress than the so-called "easy" aspects with Neptune...

...The inharmonious combinations are frequently found in the nativities of great artists. Although the good aspects of these two planets are naturally more favorable for happiness and easy conditions, it seems that, so far as achievement, moral character, and artistic ability go, the inharmonious aspects are in no way inferior to them; in fact, they may be better as they produce more energy.

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire19

Creativity belongs with Leo and the 5th house often. However Venus will show artistry, a sense of harmony and colour especially in Libra.
there are many combinations that show artistry but Venus needs to be prominent and the Sun has to show potential also.

geminimoon83

I have been studying art, drawing, painting, and music since I was a kid. They say Neptune opposite Moon can make you artistic, but the loser in relationships. Using the Equal House chart I have Neptune in the 12th opposing both my moon and venus, Venus trine Saturn, Moon in 6th house (Gemini), Sun, Chiron, and Mars in 5th house, Venus trine Midheaven, and Saturn sextile Neptune. I think all signs have their own creativity, but the most talented always seems to be Pisces. Sagittarius is also very unique and creative. :)

whatfor

I also have Sun square Neptune, and I do find that my approach to most problems are very different than most. so, recognition is not really forth coming, very frustrating.

ca11

You have a magical 4 way conjunction of venus and mars (if this wasn't godlike enough) and with the mystical neptune uranus conjunction. You are bound for creativity and artwork and should try your hand at all fields. Your squares bring alot of lack of control in your life. Purification and meditation are paths you should follow, don't be afraid of your subconscious. I think you are a beautiful woman and we should all envy you (hah). Also, you can see your birthdate based on the slow moving planets, despite wishes to conceal them... You should be a good astrologer. The disharmony you face subconciously should be confronted, as I said, through meditation and purification.

Nacho

Banned
in my opinion there's no correct chart for being a good drawer, i guess the style of the artist depends what planets are in the fore front, mars for military artists, venus for artists of love, saturn for artists using dark colors or no colors at all, and so on.

ImNotThere9

XD my case is exactly backwards. I was precocious in writing and ultimately shifted to drawing. Maybe if we compare our charts there can be a key.[/QUOTE]

Well, Venus is conjunct the Ascendant in your chart while it is opposed in mine. I can see the writing in my chart but not the drawing in yours. The moon is in Cancer in your chart and receives a trine from Jupiter, which in turn is conjunct your MC in Pisces. Maybe this confers some visual imagination. What do you think yourself?

surrealsuburb123

@FarEastUranus, That's very interesting! Is any of your grandfather's works online or in a place where I can access it? I'm interested in listening! :joyful:

ashriia

Espi,

I think your sextile from 2 house to 12th. Moon - Mercury is a marker for being able to express your emotions artistically.

I did not see this mentioned here yet.

I also have moon sextile mercury. And i've been sketching since i was a wee thing.

your sketches are beautiful too! :smile:

Fawx

Greetings

I have been following this thread and find it very interesting. I too am drawn to the arts and am an artist but have only recently started to refine my skills as I do not have an artistic background.

Great Thread!

Attachments

• anonymous_natal.jpg
    anonymous_natal.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Jesusistheway

I heard about the Sun square (or opposite) Neptune too. I also have this aspect. Apparently it makes us crave to be something big? I guess it means that we crave for fame/recognition.

**** so no wonder so that's where that comes from :surprised:

Neptune and Jupiter is in my 12th house. Neptune's chaotic in my chart. Its at a critical degree. All I do is escape and fantasize until I get to work on my music. And when I'm at work I like to escape from helping people but when I help people I am Neptunian themed again (grrr). I even dreamt I visited Neptune and a translucent water being wanted to grant me a wish it was the most mind blowing trippy experience ever! I loved the dream though. The trap of Neptune. Its a mixed blessing. I would say Cascada you exude Venusian qualities, is your sitting alone or at a critical degree? And Martian like qualities too, I don't know that's my vibes.
My past life reports say I was an artist ooohh wow. Now I'm a musician. I have the Sun, Venus, and Mercury in the 5th house and Pluto trines almost every planet but because its so easy I'm lazy and pathetic over it. I need structure!!! Or better yet a mentor. If I had a mentor I would be sooooo happy. But I don't :( I thought I had one in music and she made me feel really bad about me not improving over sight reading so I left the jazz band. Truth is my eyesight was poor and still is. Now that's because of my moon in pisces that I was sensitive and left. Its so frustrating I have good ideas but they don't materialize often yet when they do it comes out okay or sometimes great. Btw, I am a real good drummer, half decent guitarist, not even a good drawer , a good lyricist not great, and a 1/4 decent vocalist. So I would like to know where the drums come from?? I am airy yet isn't the earth ruling it??? Is it a Martian thing? So mine's in Scorpio in the 9th house actually conjunct Saturn and Pluto is there too (Koch house system). Uranus rules my 10th house and ASC in Aquarius & I'm a Uranus singleton. Its crazy I have so many ideas no money or mentors :( Hardly any support. I have like three really crazy good movie ideas, a good invention with bad credit, and music gear with no car. I think its my location, gotta move house and city!!!
Cascada I think you have really good aspects you should find out what you like and stick to one thing so your an expert at it. Learn from me you can do whatever you like but just don't spread yourself too thin or you'll end up not having a niche or expertise in the field of art. I should study percussion more but its really difficult and I keep making excuses for myself :innocent:

Jesusistheway

Let's face it espi you have the talent now you should look to saturn to get you to practice, practice, and practice and be patient till its how you want it to be. Everyone has a charism a gift if you will its how you use. I am so pathetic I haven't used mine for anything but for choir and it was so brief :( Anyway practice away and share it with the world, its great! :love:

GoatKidd

Hi espi,
Painting has been my passion since high school and I've often considered a career as an artist. I currently work in an art-related field although my job is more related to the healing aspects of Neptune, rather than the artistic ones in this case.

I have Venus conjunct Neptune- both in the 10th house conjunct my MC)
Venus and Neptune on the MC can mean a career in the arts.
Also Neptune is the higher octave of Venus and they are conjunct which speaks of an idealistic nature.
I also have Moon in Leo in the fifth house which symbolizes a deep need to create and express myself.
One of the reasons I don't take the leap into pursuing art as my career has to do with my Venus-Neptune conjunction being inconjunct to my 5th house Leo Moon. There is frustration there and emotional dissatisfaction with my talents.

Hope that helps!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Do you just want to be an artist, or do you want to be successful? What kind of envronment do you want to work at as an artist?

Its not as simple as heretofore portrayed. You need to know if you have the aptitude for this; what kind of artist work environment you need, and if you can be successful(in your eyes) at it.

All of these things have to be looked at in your natal and progressed charts to determine whether and what kind of art might be in your future. Portrait painting is art, but unless you are pretty famous, you own't make any money, and if making money is success to you, then portrait art is not your art. Maybe working in a large corporation as an illustrator in the art department, or designing web pages or, or, or, or....

All this has to be looked at. IMO, simply saying Venus because Venus rules art is short sighted and innacurate.