Right time for introspection?

T'Thastu

I am trying to interpret my chart for many years to be able to introspect. This is part of my daily meditation.
By progression (secondary) my Mercury is retrograde in Virgo and I believe that this is the right time to go into deep self analysis (?)
I have most of my personal planets (natal) in their own signs (Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Gemini, Mars in Aries, and Venus in Taurus). According to Tikana on the ‘Education Board’ under the heading ‘Aspects/Houses’:
‘Then there are people who have a lot of planets in dignity or exaltation. Yeah it is nice to have it BUT terrible for everyone else around them. On top of that, they do not see any imperfections. The general rule is more planets you have in dignity and exaltation, the more likelihood there is that you do not have any interior recognition of anything wrong which can lead to arrogance. Everything is perfect so you think!’
How do I know/realise if I am too overconfident/arrogant and cannot see/comprehend the negative utilisation of these planetary vibrations? :unsure:
I have attached my chart.

Attachments

• K 245.jpg
    K 245.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 37
I am trying to interpret my chart for many years to be able to introspect. This is part of my daily meditation.
By progression (secondary) my Mercury is retrograde in Virgo and I believe that this is the right time to go into deep self analysis (?)[CORRECT]
I have most of my personal planets (natal) in their own signs (Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Gemini, Mars in Aries, and Venus in Taurus). According to Tikana [is a Traditional astrologer, whilst the majority on here are Moderns......]on the ‘Education Board’ under the heading ‘Aspects/Houses’:
‘Then there are people who have a lot of planets in dignity or exaltation. Yeah it is nice to have it BUT terrible for everyone else around them. On top of that, they do not see any imperfections. The general rule is more planets you have in dignity and exaltation, the more likelihood there is that you do not have any interior recognition of anything wrong which can lead to arrogance. Everything is perfect so you think!’
How do I know/realise if I am too overconfident/arrogant [do you get verbally attacked?? your mercury is well aspected except for opp saturn] and cannot see/comprehend the negative utilisation of these planetary vibrations? :unsure:
I have attached my chart.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator] Prog merc going retro,suggests more introspection, less need for external communications. I have merc retro natally, and it makes for a very analytical mind and THIS is what you are developing..:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

T'Thastu

Hi Ben,
Most often I feel as if my Mercury is casimi (I have a bit of a photographic memory, I understand concepts and abstractions rather fast, I don’t get overwhelmed by things). However, I had dyslexia as a child when no body knew what that was and I was considered lazy. I pulled myself out of that and taught myself to read straight. Today I read like a maniac but I still have dyscalculia.
Thanks for your help.

T'Thastu

Many thanks Astrologer50, I value your opinion.
I don't often have people attacking me verbally. By and large I get along fine with people. In fact, very often, a potential adversary has become a friend.

Ben

Banned
I experience my Mercury as casimi
The meaning of your current Mercury retrograde progression is (probably) contained in the Sabian Symbol for Leo 30* - So, you might find it helps to meditate upon this BEFORE meditating upon your chart generally.

[Note : Leo 30 is the degree that retrograde Pmercury will conjunct your Psun on 18/9/2028 (at age 66), as it did on 23/8/1958 (66 days after your birth) - symbolising the evolutionary purpose of this particular Mercury phase in your life - So, meditating upon it should enable you to put that purpose into a unique/personal (and current) context.]

Marc Edmund Jones states that the Sabian Symbol for Leo 30 is An unsealed letter - When positive, it symbolises exceptional skill in winning and holding the respect of everybody - When negative, it symbolises a genius for indiscreetness.

T'Thastu

I have never referred to the Sabian symbols and don’t know what they are or how they work. But I’ll look them up.
Can you recommend any sites? Also any information on how they should be used (natal chart, progressed, transits, orbs, aspects, etc)
Thanks Ben.

Ben

Banned
Sabian Symbols

I have never referred to the Sabian symbols and don’t know what they are or how they work. But I’ll look them up.
Can you recommend any sites? Also any information on how they should be used (natal chart, progressed, transits, orbs, aspects, etc)
With regard to Sabian Symbols, piercethevale is the AW member who can best advise you - so, you may wish to PM him for recommended sites and information on how to use them - (although a forum search for "Sabian Symbols" and specifying piercethevale will probably reveal threads/posts that provide what you need, and more).

For now though, you'll find it helpful to read the AW thread at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43621

Lin

Re: Sabian Symbols

9th house people tend to examine their lives on a ongoing basis.
Neptune near the ascendant people NEED to examine their lives, as so much is "illusion" and it's hard for them to know what is real.

It's always a good time to examine one's life, character and actions.
LIN

T'Thastu

Re: Sabian Symbols

9th house people tend to examine their lives on a ongoing basis.
Neptune near the ascendant people NEED to examine their lives, as so much is "illusion" and it's hard for them to know what is real.

It's always a good time to examine one's life, character and actions.
LIN[/QUOTE

So very true! Thanks Lin:smile:

The meaning of your current Mercury retrograde progression is (probably) contained in the Sabian Symbol for Leo 30* - So, you might find it helps to meditate upon this BEFORE meditating upon your chart generally.

[Note : Leo 30 is the degree that retrograde Pmercury will conjunct your Psun on 18/9/2028 (at age 66), as it did on 23/8/1958 (66 days after your birth) - symbolising the evolutionary purpose of this particular Mercury phase in your life - So, meditating upon it should enable you to put that purpose into a unique/personal (and current) context.]

isn't this currently conj *REGULUS*? :smile:

T'Thastu

Aren't the Fixed Stars only used in Horary? (You do know I'm not complaining with Regelus! :happy:)
How should Fixed Stars be used? They are predictive rather than contemplative or psychological. So how can I integrate them?
I have learnt traditional astrology and I'm finding my way through modern astrology so I need all the help I can get! :smile:
Thanks.