Uranus Opposition Sun: Is It Any Fun?

jenluvsblackcat

Hi friends,

I'm in the beginning of a Uranus Opposition Sun transit (transiting Uranus opposing my natal sun in Libra which rules my first house).

I am a musician and performer and have quit my band prior to this transit to go alone and record my own album and am not content with playing the music industry game as I have done in the past and want to do it my way. So far, that's landed me in a bit of a heap with other musicians who are confused and baffled by my sudden departure from the status quo of the industry. I've got a handful of supporters and a boat load of haters/apathetic souls who are still plugging along doing the same thing expecting different results.

I'd like to know if there's anyone else who's had this transit, lived to tell about it and if there's anything more I can expect and perhaps the best method to make the most of this energy? The astro.com explanation of this transit as interpreted by Robert Hand is a bit doom and gloom, as he tended to be in his interpretations so I want to learn the other sides of what really happens when this transit occurs.

Osamenor

Staff member
I had that transit in the early 2000s, around 2000-2002. Those were the years when I went through a revolution in my approach to relationships, met a longterm partner (I also had Pluto conjunct my natal moon at the time), got my bachelors degree, went through a couple of new jobs (first one was seasonal, so I didn't lose it, it was meant to be short term), and started traveling a lot.

Uranus in opposition to your sun can make you want to start doing things differently from before, or at least be a contributing factor.

jenluvsblackcat

I am glad to hear nothing crazy happened to you during the transit! Did you have an overall feeling of excitement and freedom or were these new changes jarring to you?

waybread

The sun indicates your core sense of self. Uranus can be either the great disruptor or the great liberator: your call. Uranus is asking you to open up to new possibilities for who you are. Resistance is futile.

Challenges may come from the areas of life indicated by Uranus's and your sun's houses.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am glad to hear nothing crazy happened to you during the transit! Did you have an overall feeling of excitement and freedom or were these new changes jarring to you?

Not necessarily either of those things. It just was what it was. And I chalked it up to the time of my life I was in: mid twenties, had gone back to school a couple of years earlier, was finishing my degree, was ready for a longterm relationship.

What other transits are going on at the same time makes a huge difference, in addition to the house placements involved.

jenluvsblackcat

The sun indicates your core sense of self. Uranus can be either the great disruptor or the great liberator: your call. Uranus is asking you to open up to new possibilities for who you are. Resistance is futile.

Challenges may come from the areas of life indicated by Uranus's and your sun's houses.

I'll be looking at my first house (Sun house) in Libra, my fourth house which has Uranus in it and my 5th house which is Aquarius (ruled by Uranus). Leo rules my 11th house and from my interpretation, this transit is going to help me see myself in a new way and I will begin to make changes to how I give and receive my energies to the world and to society. Sounds good to me.

I found a nice quote from Dana Gerhardt on the subject, "Astrologers like to say that the 5th is where we give love, and the 11th is where we receive it. "

What do you think? Should I make a map of the major transits affecting those houses and areas and then see if anything in my life or outlook changes?

waybread

This sounds like a good idea.

I've never heard the Dana Gerhardt quote before. The 5th is the house of very casual love affairs as well as recreation/leisure activities and children. The love affairs part is really from the old "wine, women, and song" trope, where love affairs were grouped in with amusements like gambling and going to the theatre. The 11th is the house of friends, as well as our hopes and wishes for the future. The 7th house relates to marriage and permanent relationships.

Catia

I had this transit in 2007/2008. Uranus transiting 7th house Pisces was opposing my Sun in the 1st house, in Virgo.
Well, for me this transit was very stressful. Challenges came from external circumstances and other people.

I was involved with a guy who was very unreliable, the situation between us was unstable and it was driving me crazy. In the same time I was writing my Master thesis and my supervisor started making a lot of problems and set the bar very high (actually afterwards it helped me to get a good research job but at that time I was just fed up with everything).
Because I was stressed out, I developed some health issues, which I thought were very serious but fortunately turned out to be stress related and were gone once the transit was over. Actually it’s funny because as soon as Uranus left 1 deg. orbit and the transit technically ended, everything became so much easier.

My suggestion is not to worry too much about the challenges you might encounter at that time as they will pass once the transit is over. Also, a lot depends on other transit you will have in the same time… If they are positive, then the changes might be more exciting than stressful. I remember I also had some gloomy transits such as Saturn conjunct Venus and Chiron inconjunct Sun so it surely didn’t help much.