Weird occurrence from chart

Whoam1

One site I use to study astrology is Solunars. They however leave almost no room to breath and interpret signs. I study all forms of astrology, however this site made me get away from luminary uses as my luminary traits were confusing and laughable [unlike almost all of the other planetary placements] I have the same issue in tropical astrology. However I kept reading the sidereal luminary traits and triggered a full blown anxiety attack, which I've never had with my tropical chart.

My sidereal Sun and Moon (sag and leo) point to royality, politics, regality. Stuck up judgemental elitist etc. I can't get a diffrent interpretation for them either.

My Sun and Moon in tropical are Capricorn and Virgo. If one would let Capricorn be watery or view it as moist in nature then I can connect with it, if not I am lost. Virgo just is unrelatable either way.

I can say in studying my chart i believe there is a strong Neptune [unaspected and in the first house] as well as the A.C. ruler (and Sun ruler on sidereal chart] is Conj a Pisces fixed star [chart ruler In Pisces constellation] as well as anfukar mercury and a well aspected 12th house Pluto. I relate to the schema of this set, and I was wondering if a Sun Neptune trine that is upcoming [to my absolutely unlimited and unaspected Neptune] would be a cause of all this turmoil?

Osamenor

Staff member
Sounds to me like the cause of all this turmoil is that you're putting too much faith in cookbook astrology. If you're having an anxiety attack because of what you're reading, it's time to stop reading it.

You have the chart you have. Nothing changes that. All that changes is what you believe about it.

Astrology is supposed to be a tool for understanding yourself (and others) and making the best possible choices. It's not supposed to be a cause of anxiety attacks. That goes for every kind of astrology.

If you want another perspective, I'm a Leo sun/Sag moon (in tropical), and if that makes me a stuck up judgmental elitist, that's news to me. Here I was thinking I was just the type to knock myself out with throwing all my energy into personal growth and just plain work (fire grand trine!).

Simply put, Leo wants ultimate self development. Sagittarius wants to explore and experience things, and expand--learn, philosophize, have experiences. Trine them, and you've got someone whose self development comes with whatever interesting thing they're pursuing. Or, if it's Sag sun and Leo moon, then the deep desire (moon) is for ultimate self development (shaped by whichever house the Leo placement is in), while personality growth happens mainly through Sagittarian explorations.

If you went with your tropical chart, would that make you a Capricorn sun and Virgo moon? If so, there's a bit of similarity, only the how is different. Capricorn personal growth (sun) happens through striving for achievement--that is, whatever kind of achievement is most personally meaningful to you. Virgo's desire is to develop skill, and perfect the self through the process of developing skill. If you have those in trine, chances are you feel most at peace with yourself when you have a skill that you're working on, and you can enjoy the feeling of making progress at it. Like, say, learning astrology. :wink:

Whoam1

I'm all about reflection and exploration through introspection. I work and achieve goals to keep myself busy and escape from my overwhelming thinking and feelings. I'm also driven by intimacy (I can't learn without it) and by love and romance, more than any of the other things in reading about my luminaries in both charts. Most of this aligns more with my unaspected first house Neptune (or possibly if there is any faith in the constellations then by my Jupiter in Pisces).

Whoam1

"You are a royalist. You are meant to rise above people and look down on them as an avatar of superiority. You hate that. I get it. It doesn't change that you are meant to be someone who can never consider yourself the equal of the rest of the people around you. You're an elitist, and ungodly alone and isolated because of it."

A well practiced sidereal astrologer told me this.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm all about reflection and exploration through introspection. I work and achieve goals to keep myself busy and escape from my overwhelming thinking and feelings. I'm also driven by intimacy (I can't learn without it) and by love and romance, more than any of the other things in reading about my luminaries in both charts. Most of this aligns more with my unaspected first house Neptune (or possibly if there is any faith in the constellations then by my Jupiter in Pisces).
You know yourself....

"You are a royalist. You are meant to rise above people and look down on them as an avatar of superiority. You hate that. I get it. It doesn't change that you are meant to be someone who can never consider yourself the equal of the rest of the people around you. You're an elitist, and ungodly alone and isolated because of it."

A well practiced sidereal astrologer told me this.

But how well does this "well practiced" sidereal astrologer know you?

Who's the better expert on you--you, or him/her?

Osamenor

Staff member
I hope me, however they argue I'm young and I will change and end up like my Sun sign in 20 years.

So of course you have no choice but to become exactly like this astrologer's narrow and negative definition of your sun sign?

What if another astrologer tells you something different about how you'll end up in 20 years?

muchacho

One site I use to study astrology is Solunars. They however leave almost no room to breath and interpret signs. I study all forms of astrology, however this site made me get away from luminary uses as my luminary traits were confusing and laughable [unlike almost all of the other planetary placements] I have the same issue in tropical astrology. However I kept reading the sidereal luminary traits and triggered a full blown anxiety attack, which I've never had with my tropical chart.

My sidereal Sun and Moon (sag and leo) point to royality, politics, regality. Stuck up judgemental elitist etc. I can't get a diffrent interpretation for them either.

My Sun and Moon in tropical are Capricorn and Virgo. If one would let Capricorn be watery or view it as moist in nature then I can connect with it, if not I am lost. Virgo just is unrelatable either way.

I can say in studying my chart i believe there is a strong Neptune [unaspected and in the first house] as well as the A.C. ruler (and Sun ruler on sidereal chart] is Conj a Pisces fixed star [chart ruler In Pisces constellation] as well as anfukar mercury and a well aspected 12th house Pluto. I relate to the schema of this set, and I was wondering if a Sun Neptune trine that is upcoming [to my absolutely unlimited and unaspected Neptune] would be a cause of all this turmoil?
Traditionally, you would look mainly at ASC, Moon and Mercury. ASC would define mostly your physical features but also your general outlook and approach to life. But it is the Moon that would mainly define what people call your character. Mercury would define what people call your personality. It's worth making that distinction between character and personality. What you also have to pay attention to is dispositors and triplicity lords of those 3 factors.

muchacho

So of course you have no choice but to become exactly like this astrologer's narrow and negative definition of your sun sign?

What if another astrologer tells you something different about how you'll end up in 20 years?
Exactly. My rule of thumb is: If a reading doesn't ring true on a deeper level and makes you feel depressed, then discard it. If it does ring true on a deeper level and makes you feel excited about life, then read it often.

Whoam1

It's all the same story different system. I can say that I've found out where the nature in my chart is hypocritical. Ie I have a Leo Moon and Sag Sun, yet my Pluto is in a square to the Moon, eliminating completely any want to be on the top socially, to preserve the status quo, and to be the kingly type they put me out to be. [I tell them centricty us fine, but an introverted solar type doesn't want to be in the middle, we just end up there.]

Then that explains why I don't get my Sun or Moon sign, both being social signs and I'm being lead by an anti-social planet. Thus I connect best to Capricorn (my Mars sign)

I know I appear passive [that is a Pluto thing] however I'm not easily convinced, can't say I even beilve in astrology 100%.

Here is Sun in Sagittarius as they have it
"Social elitism, aristocracy. Excellence, quality. Higher & higher, ambition, travel. Judges self & others, may fail own standards. Right-wrong, reward-punishment, belief- & values-driven. Respects continuity of culture & social rituals. Preserves status quo, heritage, myth when possible. Loyal to tribe. Complacent affection." (Jim E.)

Now he does say that Sun Moon Mars and Stella signs are equal in strength (So you can have 4 signs). I've used what I know on Pluto (Some of which I have learned from the same astrologer) to narrow down what Pluto leaves my Sun sign description as.

"Excellence, quality. Higher & higher, ambition, travel. Right-wrong, reward-punishment, belief- & values-driven. Complacent affection."
[Pluto removes social aspects and standards].

This leaves 4 traits to describe my Sun lmao.

Whoam1

Same story according to Jim E., apparently. Is he your guru? You believe him, and him only, or else don't believe in astrology at all?

How many different astrologers have you consulted?

It's not his work as much as it is looking at other people's charts, which I have access to their charts. His work is less guru more survey. Nope I'm not sure what I believe, I don't think it's a scientific as he and others on his forum want it to be.

I can say that some of what he does is good work, but he is by no means perfect. I can say for example his words on Mars in Capricorn and Pluto-Moon are scaringly true, but his words for sag Sun make me want to take a nap.

His work is also founded on previous astrologers he has his views on their works as I do to his.

I myself do note that solar types function best in social situations and that even if Jim is right by chance about me having this solar nature, it practically useless as long I chose not be deeply involved socially. Also he fails so hard at noting choice [Ie doesn't take in account people's preferences].

I can say his system falters and he knows it as I should appear in the order of mercury>sun>Pluto=Jupiter. I come across as Pluto>sun>mercury.

They also have a different viewing scope, because I don't help others on his site (because it's so strict) so I only post my own stuff, seemingly self centered because of it.

Enough on my complaints. You are right Osamenor.