Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

I have attached my chart, but i'm not 100 percent sure it is going to show up! I've also saved it on my profile.
I'm curious what it says about my soul purpose! if you can get that much. I am curious about any interpretation but I wish I could understand that, because I feel like I need some direction!!
Anyway i'm a scorpio with scorpio rising sign, and my moon is in Gemini. When I first heard that, it threw me off, especiallly because my most troublesome relationship was with a Gemini.
My venus is also in Scorpio so I suspect that means trouble in love because I am a very passionate and intense person and I think I tend to throw men off with my intensity!! or they take it the wrong way anyway.
Although to be honest if I could find out when i'm going to get married, if ever, that would be great! I have read that i'm prone to having sexual affairs, so I wonder if I never get married or officially in a relationship does that still count? hehe. Anyway I appreciate any insight into my chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astrochart.jpg (86.6 KB, 32 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:00 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,226
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

I think astrology can give answers to your question, but not in conventional ways. The horoscope is structured in particular ways, so it can provide answers only within the confines of those structures.

My best guess, however, is that you are on the planet to experience your Scorpionic nature profoundly. Skip the pop-psych stuff, but whatever you can read about Scorpio that would pass the "intelligent person test" should be something for you to ponder and grow into in a positive way.

Each sign has its positives and negatives. The negatives for Scorpio are pushing other people too far. The other signs don't have your intensity, so it is important to respect that they are meant to be constructed differently. Another negative is the feeling you must retaliate against people whom you construe as harming you. You don't.; and this kind of belief can poison your own life.

The positives are that you need to be a truth-teller. You want to get beyond the pretense and the masks people wear. You need to live your life deeply, close to the bone.

I say this because of your sun and stellium in Scorpio, and also because the ruler of your MC, Mercury, is also in Scorpio. The MC is more than a career: it gives your sense of destiny, even a calling.

To get there, it looks like you need to develop your courage, possibly via some kind of challenging form of recreation. I say this because your NN of person growth is in Aries in the 9th. An alternative reading would be that you will develop your courage in some way through children, or some type of creative expression that pushes your limits. Your NN is ruled by Mars, which is a force in your life regardless as it squares your sun and Mercury.

You also have a "yod" foundation pointing to your moon in Gemini in the 7th house. The moon is a planet you need to develop, in "Gemini" ways, such as through information-gathering and uncharacteristic light-heartedness. The moon here might be your mother or a mature woman who takes on a kind of motherly role towards you. although the 7th is the "house of marriage" it can indicate other one-plus-one relationships. However, you are all of the planets in your horoscope!

Probably your best bet would be another Scorpio. They will understand your intensity, and share it.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Ben Ben is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 228
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
If I could find out when i'm going to get married, if ever, that would be great!
In my opinion, the Vedic astrology board is a better place to ask that question - (but you will need to post a sidereal chart there, rather than the tropical chart you've posted here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
I'm curious what it says about my soul purpose!
To identify your Soul purpose, I'd look at your Moon Nodes (sign and house) + Intercepted Leo/Aquarius in 9th/3rd houses + intercepted Mars in Aquarius/3rd house + duplicated Libra and Aries on cusps of 11th+12th and 5th+6th houses.

Excellent interpretations of all these significators can be found by searching the internet - but the direction you seek will become clear when you understand the issue(s) highlighted by the duplicated significators.

[Sorry for the cryptic c_ _p, Red Bunny - but sometimes the answer to a question has to be discovered by ourselves rather than given to us by others.]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I think astrology can give answers to your question, but not in conventional ways. The horoscope is structured in particular ways, so it can provide answers only within the confines of those structures.

My best guess, however, is that you are on the planet to experience your Scorpionic nature profoundly. Skip the pop-psych stuff, but whatever you can read about Scorpio that would pass the "intelligent person test" should be something for you to ponder and grow into in a positive way.

Each sign has its positives and negatives. The negatives for Scorpio are pushing other people too far. The other signs don't have your intensity, so it is important to respect that they are meant to be constructed differently. Another negative is the feeling you must retaliate against people whom you construe as harming you. You don't.; and this kind of belief can poison your own life.

The positives are that you need to be a truth-teller. You want to get beyond the pretense and the masks people wear. You need to live your life deeply, close to the bone.

I say this because of your sun and stellium in Scorpio, and also because the ruler of your MC, Mercury, is also in Scorpio. The MC is more than a career: it gives your sense of destiny, even a calling.

To get there, it looks like you need to develop your courage, possibly via some kind of challenging form of recreation. I say this because your NN of person growth is in Aries in the 9th. An alternative reading would be that you will develop your courage in some way through children, or some type of creative expression that pushes your limits. Your NN is ruled by Mars, which is a force in your life regardless as it squares your sun and Mercury.

You also have a "yod" foundation pointing to your moon in Gemini in the 7th house. The moon is a planet you need to develop, in "Gemini" ways, such as through information-gathering and uncharacteristic light-heartedness. The moon here might be your mother or a mature woman who takes on a kind of motherly role towards you. although the 7th is the "house of marriage" it can indicate other one-plus-one relationships. However, you are all of the planets in your horoscope!

Probably your best bet would be another Scorpio. They will understand your intensity, and share it.
Hey!
Thank you. I know very well the negative aspects of Scorpio and I feel like I have a decent handle on them. Although even now, there was a girl who years ago went out of her way to hit on my bf in front of me, this whole camping weekend. The sad part is at first I didn’t assume that was the case, just that she was friendly. Anyway long story short I still to this day can feel a small part of me is waiting for my opportunity to see her again, because a small part of me wants to lay into her. lol. Which is terrible!! And I do come back around to a positive understanding, but I can still feel it. I know I have the potential to be extremely vindictive. I even sometimes almost “trick” myself into thinking a certain way, so that I can stop focusing on things like that. It almost scares me sometimes, because if I get into a mindset, I can get stuck in it and be kinda mean, although normally I am not at all this way or I almost immediately feel guilty if I do sort of hurt someone, with my words or whatever.

That is interesting you say that about truth and about mercury! I didn’t realize it was suppose to be a suggestion towards career. I struggle there right now- I’m an admin assistant learning the workings of the research world but it does not satisfy me. I honestly hate working for someone, especially a company and I’d prefer to work for myself or have something that doesn’t involve me sitting at a computer alllll day long doing mindless work. I guess I’m trying to determine how I can make a career move without feeling like I’m back in the same place and also finding what I’m passionate about. I don’t know though, or at the least I do not know what barriers I need to overcome to really do what will make me happy.

Heh and what you say about courage makes sense. I sometimes am not completely honest about how I think and feel because I don’t want to deal with the backlash, or the belief that I’m crazy. I swear I can feel the way people judge and it drives me insane. I also let it cause me to doubt myself for a long time and now I try really hard not to because I realize that is a problem! I would consider myself an “empath” because I swear I become tuned into others like that. I have an angry family and a sis who was very verbally abusive growing up, and still is if I don’t stand up to her- so growing up was hard, I think because I felt my own feelings, but also the anger that others had for me. Even though I think I was irrational, now I can see how then I didn’t have the strength/or objectivity to see how it was not me, or something I shouldn’t blame myself for.

Also I love children so that is interesting! I’ve had the baby urge since I can remember it is hard to describe. I’m 25 now and have spent many countless hours musing over how it could be ok to have a child without being married or having a babies dad around. Haha. I honestly fail at relationships because I have an aversion to men! They just drive me crazy. I realize I just haven’t met men who actually understand me or where I’m coming from and I find sometimes relationships to be very fake and that really bothers me. I think you may be right!! I’m dating a Libra right now and I’m enjoying the completely romantic side to him- which normally would bother me, but maybe its because I’ve just finished a rollercoaster ride with a Gemini jerk and I haven’t experienced actual affection for a good while. I hate relationships though, and life, it can be so frustrating. Why can’t things just be simple. I want a farm, with a lot of animals, in a secluded sunny area somewhere. That is it.

Anyway thank you!! I appreciate the interpretation! I am gonna hafta get a better understanding of the planets and this NN you are talking about. That I do not get! Its funny you mention the information gathering as a way to progress- because that is me! as soon as I’m interested in something I need to find out all information I can about it, and then I evaluate what I think and feel in relation. It works well for me. I never treat anything like it is the be all end all in knowledge or understanding, although I often wish there was a phone number we could call and it would take us to a truth line so we could find out the truth to all questions. I even wonder if there is one and I just haven’t found it yet!! Haha. Anyway thank you again J

Last edited by Red Bunny; 12-14-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: adding spacing to my paragraphs!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
In my opinion, the Vedic astrology board is a better place to ask that question - (but you will need to post a sidereal chart there, rather than the tropical chart you've posted here.)


To identify your Soul purpose, I'd look at your Moon Nodes (sign and house) + Intercepted Leo/Aquarius in 9th/3rd houses + intercepted Mars in Aquarius/3rd house + duplicated Libra and Aries on cusps of 11th+12th and 5th+6th houses.

Excellent interpretations of all these significators can be found by searching the internet - but the direction you seek will become clear when you understand the issue(s) highlighted by the duplicated significators.

[Sorry for the cryptic c_ _p, Red Bunny - but sometimes the answer to a question has to be discovered by ourselves rather than given to us by others.]
lol thank you for this!! I am going to hit the internet!! haha it is only recently I even discovered that their was more to astrology than the sun sign, nevermind understanding that their are in fact other forms of it like this Vedic astrology you have mentioned. In fact the first time I heard of it was when I joined this site!
When I saw my birth chart I did start hitting the internet to discover what it could mean if my mercury is in scorpio or my moon in gemini. I didn't even know about the rising or ascendant sign.

The unfortunate part about the internet is that you do get so many different perspectives- and sometimes they are not very nice towards us scorpios!! haha. Although I really do never look at someones perspective as being the be all and end all to what the truth is, but I like to understand others and then I try to integrate that with my own view on life. Sometimes I get frustrated though. I think there is so much information and it annoys me that things can't be black and white and that you hafta think about so many different factors.

Not just that but when it comes to my own life- i've done a lot of crazy things, experienced sometimes things that i hafta question what the hell I was thinking. I have an extremely self destructive side to myself that I need to understand in a way that doesn't say i'm crazy, that makes it understandable I guess. I also need to understand people in this world that doesn't push me towards fear, or anger, or control. I feel like in this world that is hard because that is the focus. I can't just be satisfied saying "you should love" but I feel like I should be- but I need to understand it to be! lol. I dont know i'm confused, and I always am, so any information to help me understand myself and this world better is always welcomed and helpful. thank you anyway!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:04 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,226
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

You are welcome.

And don't worry about feeling crazy. I read in an astrology book once (sorry I don't recall which one) that Scorpios in general fear that if people really knew what Scorpios were like inside, they would lock them up.

Career-wise, have you thought about counseling or clinical psychology?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
You are welcome.

And don't worry about feeling crazy. I read in an astrology book once (sorry I don't recall which one) that Scorpios in general fear that if people really knew what Scorpios were like inside, they would lock them up.

Career-wise, have you thought about counseling or clinical psychology?
ha!! I have had that fear since I was a young girl. Although I struggled with self injury for a long time, so that definitely increased the fear. I wish we didn't hafta explain ourselves to each other, I wish we could just understand each other without words.

Career wise I did finish a bit of psych degree, but alas, the school system is not my cup of tea. Its more stress than it is worth!! and I honestly hate the system. It is ridiculous and it actually causes me severe discomfort to know i'm contributing towards such ****! just the way the system is set up. I mean students struggle, immensly, both mentally and financially, and what bothers me the most is that it happens within a system that teaches you about how unfair the system is, how shitty the world is, what it means to be moral. Its so hypocritical.

Truthfully I like to write! I type fast, and it has always been an outlet for my frustrations and when I was little I would write "books'. I also really like animals. I have issues though. lol. I have an aversion to people in general. I am working on it, starting with understanding it.

Last edited by Red Bunny; 12-14-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: I always forget to put spaces in my paragraphs. I know it makes it easier to read!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Ben Ben is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 228
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
I have an aversion to people in general. I am working on it, starting with understanding it.
Aries on 5th/6th and Libra 11th/12th might well be about "social phobia", Red Bunny - where Aries on 5th indicates extreme self-consciousness that affects daily activity (6th), with Libra on 11th indicating "feeling like an outsider in groups" that affects your ability to effectively serve the community (12th).

If so, the solution would lie in understanding what has caused your extreme self-consciousness.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Aries on 5th/6th and Libra 11th/12th might well be about "social phobia", Red Bunny - where Aries on 5th indicates extreme self-consciousness that affects daily activity (6th), with Libra on 11th indicating "feeling like an outsider in groups" that affects your ability to effectively serve the community (12th).

If so, the solution would lie in understanding what has caused your extreme self-consciousness.

Hmmm that is interesting that my chart reflects that! thank you for that. I don't feel as if its the end of the world as much and I feel almost like I understand why, even though I try to ignore it! my sister was very cruel to me growing up, combined with never being validated emotionally I can understand how I have ended up with the issues I have.

I'm sensitive- almost tooo sensitive. I feel often like I can tell when a person is negatively judging me and how. It has made me kind of fear people and at the same time stay away because they exhaust me. My sister has this extreme personality and she points out your flaws and then fights with you, as if you have to defend yourself to her. Plus she has an intense anger that scared me as a child, which does the opposite now and just puts me in the same angry state.

Its hard because I love her and I understand her life and view is sort of muffled, but at the sametime it makes me feel extremely conflicted because for the most part I just want to stay away from her yet she is very needy of me. I don't like feeling anger at my family but I am finding that my understanding is making me angry at them, and I really don't like that!! haha. I wish things weren't so difficult! Its not easy to just stop the self-consciousness, and the sad part is that it does effect my life and how I operate, it definitely limits me.

Does my chart happen to mention how I can get over it?? haha. I suspect that would be to easy if it did!! lol. Thank you anyway
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Ben Ben is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 228
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
I'm sensitive- almost tooo sensitive. and the sad part is that it does effect my life and how I operate, it definitely limits me. Does my chart happen to mention how I can get over it?
One day, your strong desire to serve the community (Pluto in Scorpio/12th) will make you pass on your life experiences to others as an act of love (Moon in Gemin/7th, ruler of 9th).

[Self-consciousness disappears when our attention is focused solely upon helping others around us.]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:36 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
I have attached my chart, but i'm not 100 percent sure it is going to show up! I've also saved it on my profile.
I'm curious what it says about my soul purpose! if you can get that much. I am curious about any interpretation but I wish I could understand that, because I feel like I need some direction!! [research North Node, but this is not achieved til mid-life. First half you are working out existing karma]
Anyway i'm a scorpio with scorpio rising sign, and my moon is in Gemini. When I first heard that, it threw me off, especiallly because my most troublesome relationship was with a Gemini.

My venus is also in Scorpio[not by sign or itself, but how it's aspected and conj pluto suggests intensity, but quietly behind closed doors] so I suspect that means trouble in love because I am a very passionate and intense person and I think I tend to throw men off with my intensity!! or they take it the wrong way anyway.
Although to be honest if I could find out when i'm going to get married, if ever, that would be great! I have read that i'm prone to having sexual affairs, so I wonder if I never get married or officially in a relationship does that still count? hehe.[ruler of 7th/marriage house stuck in 12th is not great ] Anyway I appreciate any insight into my chart
Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10
http://www.soulhealing.com/tutorialwest.htm
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-lessons.php
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/chartreading.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_in_astrology
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/#continue
( this is our Moderator/Admin Tim’s website)
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-lessons.php
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/inner-outer.php
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/tutorial.htm


What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kdvalue_e.htm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
please give some background ie: education, aspirations, options

Relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

Unfortunately, there is no set formula or signature for marriage or childbirth, although others may disagree, apparently horary and vedic seem confident in this area. There are indicators and potential as there would be with natal, solar return chart but guarantees -- (post 2 & 3 below)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207744#post207744

Your chart is a blueprint of your personality, facets and penchants and the whole chart is 'potential' for development. There is nothing guaranteed or fatalistic in charts, I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the natal chart, like solar returns is all about 'potential' but as we all know we don't always fulfil that potential do we.

It's like someone saying you can predict death, but with modern medicine and sciences the way they are and the potential to 'die' three times in a life, doesn't mean to say you will does it

I think lots of people have unrealistic expectations about what astrology can and can't do. astrology is an 'art, science and craft' and not clairvoyance either. If there were a formula or signature, don't you think we would ALL be using it?


Predicting marriage and/or having children can sometimes be done, in general terms but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what inter-aspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3192
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3179
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14255

Symbolic Directions in Modern Astrology – book by

By Charles E. Carter
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uDv0Xj9YjngC&printsec=frontcover&dq=astro logy+Charles+Carter&hl=en&ei=w5HeS7G6DYb2-Aa71Oj_Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&v ed=0CD8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

North node
http://www.cafeastrology.com/northnodesouthnode.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/north-node-karma.php
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/North%20Node%20and%20the%20Quest%20for%20the%20Aut hentic%20Self
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/nodes

Info on Yod’s
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html
http://aliceportman.com/?p=452
boomerang Yod
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/yod_boomerang.shtml
http://www.therealastrology.com/home/faq/aspect-patterns.html

Originally posted by Lillyjc

I highly recommend "The Yod Book" or “Aspects and Personality”, by Karen Hamaker Zondag, if you can find it. Great book on yods and unaspected planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Yods
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Yods


Sometimes these quincunxs are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these quincunxs/Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

If someone has the ‘generational Pluto sextile neptune’ (born after 1940) then there is always a possibility of creating a temporary Yod with quicker moving planets, progressions, solar arcs even and difficult situations where you could be forced into making decisions and worrying that you have made the wrong one. Saturn, Uranus are generational to and unless these two fall in first quadrant (the most personal) the may not even be felt if they create a temporary Yod…this could be *transformation through suffering* type aspect

Thread by R4ven on Yods
Quote:
Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=yods
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Overall your chart shows someone introverted and more concerned with self and inner life. Your Neptune is a singleton. you should also research your mars and mercury retrograde as these energies go inward before coming out
Also having 5 out of 10 in water element and fixed on Asc and all those scorpio (fixed planets) shows a lot of stubborness..

Moon Quincunx Neptune
“Romantic and idealistic, you easily project qualities onto situations and people that they can't possibly live up to. The root of this problem is really inaccurate self appraisal. You expect more from yourself than is realistic, then react to your shortcomings with guilt driven service to others and deep expression of overly sympathetic feelings. In the long run you have many opportunities through this aspect of your nature to refine and express your higher vision of the truth to others. Through this expression your daily life becomes a clearer picture of your true inner being.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/q...retations.html

“You are like a mother hen seeking to protect her brood when danger threatens. Unconsciously, however, you are constantly seeking situations in which you can persecute yourself. Your imagination works overtime in creating problems to solve.
In any endeavour you must determine the limits of your responsibilities and avoid volunteering for additional tasks. Your physical constitution cannot tolerate abuse. Good food, nutritiously prepared under clean conditions, is absolutely necessary.
Your romantic interests may prove disappointing until you can relate to others honestly and realistically. It is not easy for you to see people as they really are”

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:57 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Actually, you have a boomerang Yod as apex planet moon has an opposition to Saturn, now these two are also involved in a common T Square confirugartion.

T Square
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_tsquare.shtml
“Two planets in opposition squared to a third. The tension typical of the opposition aspect is aggravated by additional problems introduced by the third planet. Often an obstructive feature blocking the normal flow of behaviour of the person. Person needs to develop activities represented by the "missing" arm of the T-square to achieve wholeness”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natal_astrology#Aspect_patterns
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
“The t-square is exactly like the above configuration except that one of the signs is missing. Time and again this is described as trying to sit in a chair with three legs. Ironically, the individual becomes the fourth leg by acting out the traits which are missing in the chart.”
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/moreaspects2.htm

what tends to happen with T Squares is that a transit, progression or solar arc comes along and temporary converts it to a Grand Square, which does cause enormous tensions/problems internally, but the good thing is the get you up off your backside to resolve issues.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Venus

Quote:
The frustration you experience in life often comes because you get what you ask for from other people (and life in general). Unfortunately, what you ask for isn't what you want. Partly, you are slowly learning better communication skills, and partly you are learning to understand your own deeper cravings as they are. You see the unacknowledged and undigested parts of your sensitivity and creativity present in others, but, these are really projections that you have to own within your self if you are to change for the better.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

“shows that you have a low opinion of your personal needs and give a greater priority to persons whom you feel obligated to. The only problem here is that this process goes on and on. Your reaction to people is unbalanced and illogical. If you can detach yourself from emotional considerations, you will be able to logically decide how far your obligations go and to what extent you should expect others to make concessions to you. You need to develop greater self‑respect in order to earn the respect of the people you deal with”
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto
Quote:
You confuse intensity with desire, and need with love. As a consequence of this, your relationships with others (especially romantic partners) can be powerful and "spicy" without engendering much closeness. It takes time for you to recognize the habits that get in the way of intimacy; it takes time to alter them once recognized. Letting go of negative history lays the groundwork for change. Give others permission to be different than everyone else has been before. Through this, you give yourself permission to be different.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html


“indicates a personality that it precariously balanced. You must learn to temper your emotional compulsiveness with objectivity. Perhaps in your formative years you were expected to yield to all your parents' demands. From this experience you may have assumed that to gain anyone's love you must submit to them. But submission to another only earns you contempt. Now you may have to unlearn old habit systems and develop new.You will be at the mercy of others until you gather the strength to say no. Even in your occupation you must be wary of co‑workers taking advantage of you.”
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Ben Ben is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 228
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
One day, Pluto in Scorpio/12th will make you aware of how to overcome your sensitivity.
Perhaps Astrologer 50 has a natal planet which closely aspects your Pluto, Red Bunny - as her posts are an example of your awareness being raised by the "planet of transformation".
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Perhaps Astrologer 50 has a natal planet which closely aspects your Pluto, Red Bunny - as her posts are an example of your awareness being raised by the "planet of transformation".
No I don't see any connection. But with the recent mercury retrograde I have been using that time to research more in Yods and quincunxs and hope to bring some understanding and enlightenment on these...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Red Bunny Red Bunny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
No I don't see any connection. But with the recent mercury retrograde I have been using that time to research more in Yods and quincunxs and hope to bring some understanding and enlightenment on these...
As to the north node info, thank you for that. I have just googled it and read a little bit and its making me feel better. I am going to keep researching what you have written because it does depress me- but at the least, so far, I can see that is should level out!! Which is a relief! It has brought up so much more that I am aware of but could never understand. It feels good to know that this is apart of my purpose and that allll the **** I’m going thru will be worth it eventually if I can just keep pushing.

I have a massive problem with allowing my emotions to overcome me and allowing others to take advantage- I never saw it like it was something I was contributing to, necessarily, but I think I am fairly aware when others want to push my limits or ask for more than should be expected and my reaction has been anger or blind agreement. Anger because they try like I’m stupid!! haha. Then I end up second guessing myself and doubting and it turns to guilt for my anger.

Its ridiculous. In the last year I have tried to change my perspective and tell myself that even if I’m wrong, I’m not going to blame myself, because I’ve done that for a long time. Now I’m just gonna always think that others are wrong and believe myself first, and I choose to forgive myself when I’m wrong. I think that is a better way to operate as opposed to always treating yourself like your wrong.!! Apart of my problem I’m having now is I have a lot of resentment for the taking advantage and lack of what I feel is sincere caring (that allows others to take advantage), especialllly towards my family. I need to find a perspective that can allow me to feel ok with what has happened but also creates boundaries with others.

I do realize astrology does not have all the answer- I have tended to view it as- “this is what you are working with” not “this is the past, present, and future”. Although I am still intrigued if people are able to find out certain information! Like the whole marriage thing. To be honest its not something I am desperate for and I have often pictured my life without a long term partner- but with children, and that is where I feel I need a man, to have kids. I don’t know life is crazy and so many things can happen and change everything in an instant.
I do very much misinterpret intensity for desire. I know I have because a lot of the relationships I’ve been in have been with such jerks- like sometimes I am amazed at what men have done to me, yet for those I felt so strongly I have allowed to do what they want, trusting them, and I realize now I felt so strong because of the intensity, not because I wanted what they have to offer. I’ve always felt very used, but I am still strong, at the least I think I am because it almost hurts my pride to give a man the satisfaction of knowing he had me or hurt me because I cared so much. It feels like a low, even though now its something I’m not sure should make me feel so low. I also don’t think it would if I developed relationships with men who genuinely cared about me.

Anyway I really appreciate this astrologer50 you have given me so much to think about! I am gonna keep researching and trying to understand. Thank you so much!!

Last edited by Red Bunny; 12-20-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: I always forget the spaces!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
kimbermoon's Avatar
kimbermoon kimbermoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mission B.C
Posts: 2,691
Re: I'm curious about my soul purpose in relation to my chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bunny View Post
I have attached my chart, but i'm not 100 percent sure it is going to show up! I've also saved it on my profile.
I'm curious what it says about my soul purpose! if you can get that much. I am curious about any interpretation but I wish I could understand that, because I feel like I need some direction!!
Red bunny: you have definitely received a lot of of good counsel here...indeed the complexities of the chart take a great deal of time to unravel...wow that is a great deal of Scorpio energy to balance! May I add that the suggested 'soul purpose' of Scorpio is about learning to control the emotions and to gain 'mastery over the self, rather than trying to control and dominate others'. Power is a big issue for Scorpio.


Venus and Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th: there is a lot of karma to be worked out there. In youth this is an especially difficult factor to work out. Outcomes will be determined by the degree of personal empowerment you can maintain to avoid allowing yourself to be disempowered, which is a typically a big issue for women. This is the signature of playing the role of either being a victim, or a victimizer yourself. Your heavy water influence [relating to emotions] dominates the chart; this could be the focus of your underlying aversion to men, from a karmic perspective and yet your intensity of passion keeps you wanting to play the game.


The blending of your air sign [socialization] Moon and Mars is in contrast to the heavy water [emotional] influence of your Venus and thus the struggle for balance can be difficult to achieve. I sense that part of your soul purpose also relates to undergoing a long-term metamorphosis of your persona that will ultimately lead to a re-connection with your personal spirit and divinity[Jupiter in the 4th] which requires a great deal of self-honesty as well as self-awareness. It also requires the ability to sift through religious dogma and own your own concept of spirituality.
Other factors I would consider include:
North Node in the 5th: you can benefit spiritually through children;
Chiron in the 8th house: necessary healing relating to sexuality and it's true purpose;
Mars afflicting the Sun: troublesome involvements with men;
the Yod configuration [finger of God] involving Venus, Neptune and the Moon;
Astrology is like putting together a puzzle – you have to analyze each part separately and then find out how the different pieces fit together before you can see the whole picture.Your current transits are quite telling, as per relating to a period of metamorphosis:
Pluto conjunct your Neptune: activating the Yod;
Uranus in the 4th moving towards the cusp of the 5th: unexpected domestic changes and the desire for freedom from parental influence and conditioning:
In particular take note of Saturn moving into Scorpio next year, igniting the energies of the Venus/Pluto conjunct: again indicative of important personal transformations you must undergo to clear your karma: When Saturn moves over the Ascendant this is defined as a period of clearing out the past and the beginning of creating new personal foundations-Pluto in the 12th is about specific purging of emotional baggage from the past.


You have also recently experienced a turning point in the 2 year Mars cycle, which is also indicative of getting rid of that which no longer serves your best interests.


...take what you will and leave the rest...
__________________
Namaste
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, curious, purpose, relation, soul

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KARMA AND ASTROLOGY By Farley Malorrus FARLEYMALORRUS Karmic Astrology 0 04-09-2011 04:07 AM
Very curious what others conclude after reading my chart archermama88 Read My Chart 1 03-02-2011 05:54 AM
Curious about my birth chart DreamOfDawn Natal Astrology 13 07-26-2007 03:49 AM
A Natal chart for fun. Bob Natal Astrology 48 04-16-2007 04:52 PM
Very curious about my chart ebonyrose Natal Astrology 5 02-09-2007 09:42 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.