What's the deal with Capricorns & Libra?

crazybutterfly

My dad was a Capricorn & my mother was a Libra, and they divorced.
My current boyfriend (a Libra) has had a Capricorn ex wife, & they divorced. & he's a had several Capricorn girlfriends/dates in the past that hasn't worked out.
I don't believe in compatibility but just for my curiousity...If anyones had good or bad relationships involving these two signs I'd like to know

King4aYear

As a Libra myself, I can tell you what's up. I see a Capricorn, and I see rigidity beyond belief, frustrating unwillingness to communicate, and a stuffy homebody fixated on routine to the point of nausea. That's a lot for me to overcome, but some people do it. That said, I'm frankly not surprised those relationships didn't work out.

Libra and Capricorn are both Cardinal signs - Libra is much more of an idealist, whereas Cap is a practical thinker and slow to action. Libra realistically believes he can do things the Cap sees as impossible, and this is where one of many conflicts arise. Libra would feel he's being held back while Cap would feel Libra's head is in the clouds too often.

Cap could also very well be Libra's worst enemy when it comes to communication. Cap simply does it in a far different fashion than Libra does, but it nevertheless drives us frickin' insane. Cap likes to speak few words, whereas verbal communication is a Libran art.

I guess what a Libra and Cap could see in each other that would allow them to get married is that the Libra would see Cap as a grounded, solid foundation he needs, whereas Cap would see Libra as a much-needed change of pace. Of course, once they learned about each other enough and discovered their clashes were abundant, they couldn't continue and had to part ways.

I hope that helped. :libraimg:

crazybutterfly

Awesome insight thanks!!!!
Its funny cus now my dad is with an Aries woman. I would have thought this could go wrong because my mom is a Libra but with an Aries Rising, so this new woman kinda has similarity to my mom. But its going better than I thought (at least for now).

As a Libra, what do you think about Aquarius people? Since Aquarius is also partly ruled by Saturn.

King4aYear

First of all, I've always felt that air and earth and fire and water were the sign pairings most likely to clash, followed up by Cardinal-Cardinal, Fixed-Fixed, or Mutable-Mutable (Libra and Capricorn or Leo and Scorpio, for example). With that in mind, I feel an Aries woman has greater chance of success with your father than your Libra mother (which would explain your pleasant surprise with this relationship), although the signs are still Square and there will be plenty of struggles in this relationship too.

Also, I love an Aquarius, so does that count? :innocent: Seriously, though, for a Libra man, no woman is generally better for him than an Aquarius (this falls in line with my belief that a Fixed-sign woman is best for every Cardinal-sign man). This love has tremendous chance of also being a case of two best friends, which would form an sturdy, if not immovable, foundation. As a Libra, I find Aquarius's ideas exciting and her high brain function stimulating. I kid you not when I tell you we can literally talk for hours and enjoy every second. I find her Aquarian stubbornness adorable, and I pride myself on not only being able to submit to it, but work around it. She is also confident and I find supporting her easy. All this because we connect on an intellectual level to the point that our intuition toward each other is almost like telepathy.

Wames

Although I have a leo sun, I have a libra moon/libra rising and uranus in libra so I relate well with my libra side. I find myself attracted to capricorns quite often. I'm extremely selective and private so I find it to be more than just a coincidence.

I just recently stopped dating a capricorn and I'm not sure what to make of the whole situation. But King4ayear is right about the serious and rigid kind of capricorn presence and energy. I didn't mind it so much because I am tolerant and very serious at times too. Plus, many of the caps I've known are inquisitive about a whole range of topics just like me. But since my moon is in the first house and my venus is in leo that's like a double whammy when all I was getting in return from him was his quiet/aloof nature. I was forever trying to poke inside his head to get towards the truth of what he was thinking and feeling. I even told him in bed one night that I thought he hated me! We weren't fighting or anything. It totally came out of left field. lol. He said, "What?" and he laughed it off. I am such a calm and rational person but his energy just drove me crazy and left me unbalanced. He could have been falling in love with me and I wouldn't even know it!

I don't know what it is though. I keep finding myself physically drawn to caps as they are to me. It starts out really intense but then that Saturn energy begins to wither away at my soul. I like some mystery but not a constant overwhelming dose of it.

crazybutterfly

King4ayear: It's funny being an Aquarius myself almost half of everyone I know is a Libra haha. I've had two Libra boyfriends, counting my current boyfriend. I like it cus there's less drama with a Libra for some reason. Maybe its because they hate arguements? & yes Aquarius's are very stubborn...I'll never admit it though. Sometimes I wonder if it aggravates people :/

Wames: My boyfriend is a Libra with Venus in Leo & lots of water in his chart. I'm an Aquarius with Venus in Aquarius & zero water in my chart (only Pluto in Scorpio). People call us total opposites when it comes to how we display affection. Honestly there were times when I thought I couldn't take it anymore because of his constant need to text/call & to an Aquarius that's a damper to my freedom (& sanity). But from HIS perspective, he thinks I'm ignoring him all the time or in a bad mood if I'm not texting/calling him back. It's crazy!

Wames

Thanks for the response, crazybutterfly.

I wish you all the best in your relationship with your boyfriend. God knows I tried to be as flexible and understanding as I could with mine because of our differences but it looks like we are too different to come to a mutual agreement and even just staying friends isn't a possibility. I tried texting and calling a few times but he doesn't want to speak to me. So that tells me everything I need to know. When I did our synastry chart I could see why things ended upside down. Our chart looked more like Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" than a relationship that's made in heaven. lol. Ok, not that bad, but enough for us to push away from each other.

I would have loved for my ex to have a little more water in his chart like your current boyfriend. He did have his moon in scorpio but that worked against my moon in libra. He was definitely intense when he wanted to be. But he also liked to push my buttons and try to get a rise out of me. It never worked but I think if we would have dated longer then some fire would have eventually come out because of the resentment for trying to get me mad. That would have been embarrassing for me so I'm glad we didn't get to that point. How is the temperment of an aquarius? His mars is aquarius (with harmonious aspects in his natal chart except square pluto)and that's why I ask. He was always calm and cool but he was very intimidating vocally at times (without raising his voice), just like me.

Add to edit: His venus is sagittarius so it still pains me that because of his venus in sag and mine in leo that he will be able to cope better in moving on than myself because I still have that annoying attachment and loyalty with regards to keeping him in my life (even if we were just friends) after we both shared many personal stories with each other. I really find my venus in leo a detriment because I really detest 'feeling' this way.

Last edited:

isismagdalenne

I resent how people describe Capricorns. I get tired of hearing how stuffy and rigid and bla bla is the Capricorn. I am a full blown Capricorn and am anything BUT! I am always the one cracking jokes and have the spotlight on me! AND i have a Virgo ASC!!! sooooo, yeah, Capricorns are misunderstood. People just take the pat description (which I NEVER think is right about any capricorn Ive known) and use it to suffice not bothering to look any deeper.

Saturnian

Libra as a moon is a nice placement.I like it cause usually these people like justice.
As for the Sun...I don't know many,but if they were as it says in the description maybe we'd get on well.
I too enjoy art and people who speak beautifully.But many of the Libras I have seen have lacked that interesting spark for me,and never attracted me.Not that they were not good-looking,they just didn't attract ME.

Sometimes too I felt they were a bit superficial,maybe I am wrong on this one cause I didn't get to know them that much.I can't understand the need of spending that much time on the appearance,nor do I get their indecisiveness.
Sure I care about appearance too,just not they way they do.Not am I indecissive.I also i find them to lack a bit of passion,dunno but that's essential to a Scorpio moon.
Maybe it's just me who hasn' met any interesting Libras yet.Although it seems that this year I have been attracting quite a few Libra sun and Rising.

Vagabondgirl

Im Libra!

I never understood these capricorn. Have been interested in 2 capricorn guys. It didnt go so well with the first. I think we are too different. But we are friends today... The other one feels like a brick wall, hard to get through, to get to know. Sometimes they made me feel like a fool:/ Like Im too childish or something... Strange feeling.

Also my brother is capricorn. Hes one year younger than me. We had alot of fights when we were younger. He never speaks about his feelings to me, also a kind of brick wall.

crazybutterfly

Wames: As an Aquarius...I can tell you that I'm very stubborn...! But I rethink my arguement in every way possible before stating it to make sure that I have a good reason for my arguement. I do this so that later on I won't look like I was being a hothead for no good reason.
I also notice myself doing the same thing you mentioned about being intimidating with words. I think Air signs in general are very intellectual so they fight with words. But Aquarius is super aloof so it makes it even more harsh. But Aquarius always only speak the truth no matter what the truth is....Symbolically the water bearer spills out the 'truth' from his water barrel (People always forget about this symbolism with Aquarius). I often feel like I'm misunderstood for being cold & dismissing but I can't help that dealing with emotions doesn't come naturally to me. Most of the time I'm just trying to clear up the drama, & emotions tend to cause drama....
But I have a Mars in Gemini so I can't totally speak on his behalf.
I guess maybe opposites DON'T attract..? :tongue:

"I even told him in bed one night that I thought he hated me! We weren't fighting or anything. It totally came out of left field. lol. He said, "What?" and he laughed it off. "

That sounds exactly like what I would do....My boyfriend always says, "Are you mad? Did I do something wrong? Are you having a bad day? Do you hate me now?" From my perspective, its kinda of annoying when someone thinks you're mad all the time when you're not. THAT is going to get me mad lol. I mean what do you tell someone that thinks you hate them (when you don't)? Obviously I don't hate them if I'm still in a relationship with them....lol

isismagdalenne: You're right I've heard a lot negatives about Capricorns but just remember most people just go by their own personal experiences....& I'm sure all of us have our share of "negative" things to say about a particular sign (or about anything in general!)
All the Capricorns I've met are extremely laidback & easy to get along with. My father being one of them, & he's the coolest person in my book (& the smartest...with a Ph.D :tongue:). Honestly if you ask me I have more differences with Libras...But then again that's just my personal experience.

Last edited:

crazybutterfly

Saturanian: Well Libras ARE known for being conscious about their looks. Since they are ruled by Venus....Which is funny because I'm an Aquarius & I am actually pretty conscious about how I look but I think I don't show it, or appear as if I'm vain. Whereas Libras are very flaunty & more out there.

Vagabondgirl

Yes, I kind of recognize some of this... Librans want to look feminine and pretty. But it seems like many capricorns react to my appearance in some way. While everyone else says you look pretty for some occasion or whenever, and capricorns say nothing, look away or something else strange. You never know what they think of you really.... Maybe cause they dont show emotions? Just my experience from the dating world. And also my brother never says I look good. If I ask when Im dressed up and everyone else compliments he can say: you look ok:p

Kuntuzangmo

I have to agree about the Cap/libr thing. My libra brother gets nuts about the strident regimented unbroad thinking of our mom. She also gets nuts about his not making efforts in the relationship. Capricorns are very loyal, yes and stubborn. Libras love balance and fairness, yet can be VERY critical. Earth and air.
It reminds me very much of the other thread about Sag and Taurus. Same sorts of problems.
It's all karma as well.
I wonder if earth signs in general are having a hard time these days....especially with so much of culture going the way of airiness and speed, when they are so methodical, slower paced, thorough.
Food for thought.

Vista

As a Capricorn myself, the biggest grief I have about Libra's Sun, ASC, or Moon placements is that they cannot make a decision if their life depended on it. This drive me ABSOLUTELY NUTS! I am not saying all Libra's are like this, but all the one's I have had relationships with both romantically and friendship wise are. And I agree, I get sick of the description of Capricorn's which absolutely does not describe me in the least. I am considered to be very witty and fun to be around. Of course Cap Sun in my only placement in Capricorn so maybe my Sag, Leo, Aquarius and Aries ASC help too. LOL!

nornelas96

Honestly I'm gonna bring up an experience I've had with a coworker to make this all easier for everyone. She just started working with me recently and she's a Libra, (I'm a cap 21 year old) when she signed out i was the first one to come up to her and start a brief conversation and I can tell she felt very uncomfortable and she was in a hurry to leave in the middle of our conversation. I love Libras regardless of what they feel about others and who they are, caps and Libras have completely different ways of thinking and different approaches to life, as well as different styles of communication. But there is one thing that they both have in common, their loyalty for one another and there both not afraid to speak up and defend someone if something is imbalanced (libra) or something is just not right (cap)... they may not be the best of friends but they do make great work partners and can **** **** up together... there basically partners in crime... think of it as the riddler and the joker;there both completely different super villains but there both after the same thing...batman.

Hermeshadesluna

Cap and Libra both are bosses, plus their spirits (Suns) are constantly in tension with each other (square). Libra wants to focus on fairness, diplomacy, compromising, and relating while Cap is focusing on what's practical, sensible and realistic. Plus they are both initiators. So you can imagine how that plays out in day-to-day life! Plus look at their ruling planets, Venus and Saturn. Venus wants to dilly-dally and indulge, while Saturn is all like "hell no, I demand order". Now I'm not saying Venus and Saturn can't go hand in hand, because they admire, need and secretly desire each other. With that being said, it also depends on the rest of their charts and synastry also; we can't just rely on suns alone. Plus if they're both mature then theyre willing to learn from each other.
OAN, anyone with Libra placements around 13-23 degrees square my Mars in Cap, and hits my South Node especially if theyre around 20-25 degree, plus sits in my first house, so unless they are mature and evolved, I usually try to keep my distance. Plus they square my sun (Cancer).