Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 01-13-2021, 08:48 PM

Thematically Scorpio

A friend and I are writing a story set in a fictional world which is astrologically segregated. We wanted to explore the potentials of cultural development and cross-cultural interactions, in a society divided by personality traits instead of the mostly arbitrary things we're divided by in reality, with each sign left to it's own devices in a unified and mostly isolated civilization.
We're currently expanding the world building of Scorpio society, trying to really cover all the details, to make our world as immersive and accurate as possible.
I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. It could be anything, from the type of government they'd construct to the way they'd spice their food. (I've heard Scorpios really like mint, and so far that seems to be true. lol)
What do you guys think? If Scorpios only bore more Scorpios and they had their own civilization, separate from the rest of the world, what would it be like?

Last edited by brainpuddle; 01-14-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 01-13-2021, 10:27 PM

Re: Thematically Scorpio

It would resemble Amsterdam's Red Light District perhaps?

Or maybe it would be an underground city, with tunnels and bunkers?
Unread 01-14-2021, 04:14 PM

Both good thoughts, I was thinking along the same lines myself. My tentative design for their city is an expansive system of underground rivers, with their houses carved into the rockface. Like a really gloomy Venice. lol
I was thinking I'd have prostitution as a major industry, but treated kind of like dancers were in Zhao Dynasty China. Essentially, that while technically legal, it's seen as taboo or shameful to offer it, but not to engage their services. I think this fits both Scorpio's need to have that kind of industry, and also their tendency towards hypocrisy, especially when it comes to what they see as issues of "purity" and innocence.
The Following User Says Thank You to brainpuddle For This Useful Post:
katydid (01-15-2021)
Unread 02-13-2021, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainpuddle View Post
A friend and I are writing a story set in a fictional world which is astrologically segregated. We wanted to explore the potentials of cultural development and cross-cultural interactions, in a society divided by personality traits instead of the mostly arbitrary things we're divided by in reality, with each sign left to it's own devices in a unified and mostly isolated civilization.
We're currently expanding the world building of Scorpio society, trying to really cover all the details, to make our world as immersive and accurate as possible.
I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. It could be anything, from the type of government they'd construct to the way they'd spice their food. (I've heard Scorpios really like mint, and so far that seems to be true. lol)
What do you guys think? If Scorpios only bore more Scorpios and they had their own civilization, separate from the rest of the world, what would it be like?
Alyssa Sharpe Trahan published a book of a scenario world where government regulates people's lives based on their zodiac sun sign and this world rebelled against it, a warning on the misuse of astrology to determine liberty, equality and free will. She's known for her astrology vids on YT and other social media, and returned after a hiatus from appearing in the public eye. A world where I can't do this or that because I'm an Aquarius sun, how about an Aquarius-dominated subculture where we are so egalitarian, we done away with it quickly.
Unread 02-13-2021, 04:12 AM

What would happen to the iconoclasts, like sun-Scorpios with all of the rest of their planets in other signs?

Would moon Scorpios qualify? Scorpio rising?

When the Scorpio suns progressed into Sagittarius, would the communities expel them? Or would you envision a Soylent Green solution for anyone ageing out of a pure Scorpio sun sign?

Then is this Scorpio in the tropical or sidereal zodiac?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 04-29-2021, 08:55 AM

This kind of reminds me of the show "Caprica" that has twelve colonised planets, and their names are derived from the zodiac signs. The characteristics of the people on each planet also seem to resemble the characteristics of the sign that their planet's name comes from.

Tags
scorpio, thematically