The Neptune in Sagittarius in 10th Generation

Frisiangal

Hi,
A much respected Dutch astrologer said of Neptune in Sagittarius that it 'is a gift from God'.

Your Neptune in Sagittarius is either conjunct MC or in the 10th house.

Have you followed a vocational direction in spite of all odds, or have you given up on the manifestation of the dream and settled for less?

What has occured when your progr. M.C moved into the 12th house?
Did your profession undergo difficulties, whereby you remain unemployed as a result of the economic climate?

My :neptune::sagittarius::conjunct:MC son sees his chosen profession in what Liz Greene calls 'the helping profession' as his vocation; what he has always been drawn to and wanted to do. He is a fully qualified (general, heart, fire, drug, chemical, children) professional business First Aid Instructor. Neptune on MC forms the apex of a kite figure to Jupiter, Asc., Mercury, NN, Saturn opposition in Taurus, and Moon-Pluto.

Pisces is intercepted in his 1st house. I wonder if this makes the difference? He has experienced situations in which he has lost everything in order to find and follow this vocational path. His work contract was not renewed for a 3rd year, he is not liable for unemployment benefit, is financially destitute for the second time within 5 years. With the current long-term Neptune square itself, it seems the tide is against him. It's as if it is in ebb and will be a long time before it turns direction to flow forward to land again. He has Cancer on 6th house cusp. Maybe it's all the effect of the (progressed) Moon that regulates the turn of the tide?:smile:

(How) Are others with the same Neptune in Sag. in 10th configuration experiencing this?

Frisiangal

Hi Caprising,
It's not so much about my son and his chart activity as the aspect of the 'god given gift' itself that others may also have, and whether it really is. Neptune is such a non-material, intangible and indefineable planet, yet in a 10th house position it must have some relationship to a manifested profession, mustn't it?
OR; can it signify that the vocational profession is but an idealistic dream that one follows blindly, yet will not manifest and/or/to find the Sag. fulfilment :unsure:?

Frisiangal

my experience of nep. in the 10th has been average to extremely bad, admittedly my nep is in scorpio (conjunct mars) so there will be some differences,

That seems highly likely:smile:.
My experiences with the :neptune::scorpio: generation, especially those with the planet in harsh aspect, is the (self inflicted)emotional cruelty they underwent within its circumstances. I can recall several who were drawn into, and became more than superficially interested in occult/sect like involvement as a means towards 'emotional cleansing' of the psyche, as it were. In that respect, the :neptune: :sagittarius: generation seems to experiences things from a 'spiritually' lighter, higher, and more trusting perspective....which can also have its (self) deceptive side.

There is no room for nice guys in the business world!

Scorpio and Capricorn might be more 'business' minded in the game for power and status, yet would Sagittarius be the same? Its motives would seem more idealistic of nature.....and I always think of Nep. in Sag. as 'larger than life idealism.'

I would be progrssing your sons chart to see if pluto is closing in on his prog. m/c, if so he could be unconciously contributing to his employment problem!

Would you elaborate on this? In what way?

My son's Moon Virgo-Pluto Libra conjunction produces a meticulousness of 'perfection' that gets under peoples' skins. Well-meant criticism being the hardest for anyone to swallow. I've suggested he tone it down; he no longer has to prove himself. Maybe tr. Pluto through his 12th will see the awareness and disintegration of such an attitude.
Yet there will be tr.Pluto's conjunct progr. M.C's in Capricorn in 12th without such an aspect. How will they be affected? The annihilation of outdated structure in their psyche that is no longer necessary?

There don't seem to be a lot of Nep-Sag-10th examples available.
I appreciate your comments. Thank you.