Why does some houses take soo much space and others soo little ?

Jacklier

Below i will show two charts, mine in my hometown and mine if i was born in Oslo, Norway.
I use Placidus and my question is, why does some houses are bigger and take such a big space in the chart ?
I know that if it was in Equal Houses it will be equal with the sign, but why in Placidus a house can take 2-3 sign at once ? Why ?

Attachments

• horoscope-chart1-700__radix_11-11-1998_12-35.jpg
    horoscope-chart1-700__radix_11-11-1998_12-35.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 32
  • horoscope-chart1-700__radix_11-11-1998_05-35.jpg
    horoscope-chart1-700__radix_11-11-1998_05-35.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 27

Oddity

The further you get from the equator, the more divergence you'll see in houses in time and space based house systems.

JUPITERASC

Below i will show two charts, mine in my hometown and mine if i was born in Oslo, Norway.
I use Placidus and my question is, why does some houses are bigger and take such a big space in the chart ?
I know that if it was in Equal Houses it will be equal with the sign, but why in Placidus a house can take 2-3 sign at once ? Why ?
The further you get from the equator, the more divergence you'll see
in houses in time
and space based house systems.
check out Whole Sign Houses :smile:

Frisiangal

Hi,
It's necessary to have a (simple) understanding of astronomy regarding Earth's tilt in its daily rotation in relationship to the zodiac (signs) to grasp what's going on at time of birth anywhere in the world. Different astrologers took different approaches towards the phenomenon in creating their house division systems.

R.W. Holden's book on house division is a classic in astrological reading.
It's broken down into a more concise form in:
https://www.uraniatrust.org/astrolog...nomy-of-houses.

Worth a read if you're interested in more than using astro. symbolism to discover 'what's going on in my life'.