Relationship with my boss?

rafaella

Hi Guys,

I asked this question a few days ago, but posting it here only.

A new person has joined my workplace, and it seems he is attracted to me, but I don't know much about him right now and am very careful not to interact with him too much ( he is actually my new boss:rolleyes: )

Anyway, I find him attractive too and wanted to see if there will be anything serious going on between us later on (although I have been interested in another guy from my previous job, but that guy I'll have to forget from now on :( )

So here is the chart: 'will I be in a relationship with Him?'

Aries rising, Mars in 8th house in Sag. Libra in 7th house with Venus in my 10 th house conjunct MC in Capricorn. (How appropriate!! ). No aspect between Mars and Venus, but Moon in 2 degree Virgo will first square Mars (me) and then trine Venus (him). I don't know much about translation of light, is there a translation here? Moon will oppose Uranus, conjunct Saturn, trine Jupiter, sextile Mercury and Sun and square Pluto as last aspect.

But if traditional horary applied then last aspect would be to the Sun, a sextile.

His significator is in Capricorn exaltation sign of mars (me), does this mean he likes me?

Outcome: I think could be a positive one, not sure, moon will connect us even though there is no aspect between the sigs.

What is your interpretation? I hope to hear from someone. I would appreciate it very much! :)

Thanks

Rafaella

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_307_relationship_for_me_with_this_guy_hp_41954_12562.gif
    astro_w2gw_307_relationship_for_me_with_this_guy_hp_41954_12562.gif
    28 KB · Views: 59

archergirl

Well, it's possible, but probably not. :(

Venus is in the sign of Mars' exaltation, so there is some interest there, although with Venus being in its own term and Saturn's sign he is probably more interested in work. Problem is, his interest in you is not likely to last, because exaltation implies an 'infatuation'...it's not a very 'strong' interest.

Mars is very weakly placed, peregrine, Under the Beams, in the 8th house. It's not likely that you are actually able 'to do' anything. The Moon has not yet reached Mars, so this isn't a translation (the Moon would have to be separating from Mars and applying to Venus)...so what this shows is your intention on pleasure (moon in 5th) rather than the bringing of you two together.

Plus, the moon is peregrine, so there is no strength there to bring anything 'to life', so to speak. The Moon is powerless to act. So I think in all honesty, the chances of it going further are slim at this point.

AG:)

starlink

Hello Rafaella, thank you for having given your own interpretation!
I will have a look at it and go along with your interpretation.

Aries rising, Mars in 8th house in Sag. Libra in 7th house with Venus in my 10 th house conjunct MC in Capricorn. (How appropriate!! ).
Indeed, extremely appropriate, Venus being your boss in the 10th! wow

No aspect between Mars and Venus, but Moon in 2 degree Virgo will first square Mars (me) and then trine Venus (him).
You saw that correctly. Mars could mean that something might make it difficult for you to get to him, but eventually, you will. Mars rules you and the 8th house. What would you (moon also) squaring yourself(Mars) mean? and Mars being still in the 8th, also ruling the 8th. It looks like you are worrying about maybe the other man? Sun is the animal side of this boss, but Mars, also masculine, could maybe show the other guy you were involved with before. Dont know. Difficult to interprete this square.

I don't know much about translation of light, is there a translation here?
Moon should actually be leaving Mars, but still has to make the exact square, mmmm.... I wonder if this is neglectable in this case, but otherwise this could indeed be a translation of light, meaning that Moon (a female person) could bring the two of you together.

Moon will oppose Uranus, conjunct Saturn, trine Jupiter, sextile Mercury and Sun and square Pluto as last aspect.
Ignore Pluto as traditionally Pluto did not exist so the sextile to the Sun would be the last aspect of Moon which is very promising.
The square to Pluto could indicate an emotional turmoil of some sorts which maybe is not really welcome.

But if traditional horary applied then last aspect would be to the Sun, a sextile.
Exactly

His significator is in Capricorn exaltation sign of mars (me), does this mean he likes me?
Oh yes, he does!!:) His animal side Sun, is also in your sign Scorpio so he is also sexually attracted to you.

Outcome: I think could be a positive one, not sure, moon will connect us even though there is no aspect between the sigs.

End of the matter house is ruled by Moon who is in the 5th house, but in the sign where Venus is in fall. (this also shows that you are not that smitten by him.) Moon is in term of Mercury, ruler of your 6th, an indication that you are thinking of romance at work.
Sun, his animal side is getting to Mars, but only when Sun has crossed borders into Sagittarius. This could maybe show a contact lateron.

Mars is in term of Jupiter and in face and detriment of Mercury (again Mercury, like the Moon).

The contra antiscion of Venus falls at 20°58' Sagittarius and Mars is moving towards it. So maybe you will discover something hidden about him. I dont know exactly if this contra antiscion should be withing 5° of Mars or not. Maybe being at 20° is too far away and not applicable so dont take this at heart.

Personally I think it looks good at first sight, but more daunty when you look a bit more into it. Basically the major significators do not connect and the translation of light is not sure here. A trine as last aspect of the Moon would be better then the sextile. But it is the end of the matter house placement which makes me wonder about the outcome. You might get involved, but I dont think it will become a big romance if you ask me. You might be disappointed. Mars is entering combustion as Sun is closing in on him, so you could get burned! (on the 6th of december according to the Ephemeries) and the ruler of your 5th house, the Sun is placed in the 8th house in term of Saturn and detriment of Venus.

Just keep me informed to see if I am wrong here. Maybe AG will also have a look at it, I hope. She sees things I dont at times!

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

rafaella

Thank you Archergirl and Starlink for your replies!

Oh there is so much I need to learn about horary. Peregrine, how to determine that? I keep coming across it in the posts but don't understand it completely.

So if moon is peregrine, that means nothing will happen right now. As Moon is also my significator, does this mean that I'm not doing anything to bring it to life or just circumstances will not allow for that?
Well actually, I'm not really keen on anything to happen between us right now, as office romance is not something I would like to go through, especially with a boss, plus I think he might be just looking for some fun - flirtation etc. I think he is probably with someone too, and at his age he might even have kids.
That's the thing I don't know much about him and am reluctant to get involved, as I went through something similar a year ago and got 'burned'. So I'm obviously feeling the need to be cautious. So you both have seen that in the chart. Amazing!

So that means the square between Moon and Mars might imply my reluctance to get involved right now?

'Mars is in term of Jupiter and in face and detriment of Mercury (again Mercury, like the Moon).'

Hmm, not sure what this means. My both sigs are in detriment of Mercury, who is mercury in this chart? Mercury rules my 3rd and 6th.

'The contra antiscion of Venus falls at 20°58' Sagittarius and Mars is moving towards it. So maybe you will discover something hidden about him. I dont know exactly if this contra antiscion should be withing 5° of Mars or not. Maybe being at 20° is too far away and not applicable so dont take this at heart.'

Yeah I probably will discover more about him and hidden stuff too. We'll see, I'll keep you posted.

'on the 6th of december according to the Ephemeries) and the ruler of your 5th house, the Sun is placed in the 8th house in term of Saturn and detriment of Venus'

So something will happen around 6th december? My lunar return is on 7th december and it is quite positive with Jupiter (conjunct asc) and Venus in 1st house and new Solar return Jupiter conjunct LR Venus. Or maybe I'll meet someone else ;)

Ok got to rush, thanks again. I need to read my horary book when I get time, so I can understand what term, and in face and detriment, dignity, peregrine means.

Cheers,
Rafaella

archergirl

Hi Rafaella,

'Peregrine' means that the planet has no dignity by sign, degree, or house. If you look at Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities http://www.skyscript.co.uk/digintro.html you will see what I mean.

Peregrine literally means 'wandering', so a planet that is peregrine is rootless, it has no base from which to 'launch', it is not tied to anything. Generally this shows a lack of real intent to make something happen.

The Moon should not really be thought of as your co-significator: this is a tricky bit of paradoxical thinking, but it's best to think of the Moon as the 'engine that moves the car': it shows intention, it shows how much energy is available to expend on the question, it shows keen-ness or lack thereof. It does reflect the querent, in part; mostly on an emotional level, but also on an energy level.

So a peregrine Moon in a chart about a relationship shows that either the querent is not especially prepared to 'do much'; in other words, it shows a sort of passivity rather than a determination to 'make it happen', or that the situation itself is in this 'passive' state: there's not much direction to it, hence, 'wandering'.

It's a very valuable thing to keep in mind in a chart, especially a peregrine Moon. If the Moon is peregrine, it will take very strong testimonies elsewhere in the chart to show that something will happen.

AG:)

barbh

Account Closed
'Peregrine' means that the planet has no dignity by sign, degree, or house

What if the planet is in its detriment or fall...that means it is not peregrine?

So, if the planet is on an angle, giving it accidental dignity.....this must nullify the peregrine part?

also, what do you mean by dignity by degree?

thanks
barbh

chris10

Hi rafaella.
I tried to PM you but you have disabled that option.
I am new to astro and trying to learn. It's been 4 months now that horary astro has caught my attention and I'm trying to learn by reading other members' charts and comparing results.
I have PMed a lot of members asking for the outcomes and most have been quite helpful.

I mean, what's the use of all this, if we don't know what works or not, right?

So I was wondering if you would like to share the outcome of this chart with us by giving us an update.

Thank you in advance

Learning,
Christine

P.S. If you are not comfortable with updating, please ignore my post

rafaella

oh my, you dug up my old thread.... haha But I haven't forgottten it, I am closely monitoring the chart still. You see things have yet to be played out, according to the chart.

No I didn't enter relationship with this man at that time, but he is till around and feelings are still there, but circumstances around us are too difficult, but this chart does show a possibility of relationship. Notice Sun conjunction to Mars in 4,5 degrees, both have mutual reception. Conjunction in 4,5 degrees in fixed/succeedent house points to years. 4,5 years, which will be complete this may/june! So I will let you know then. Of course Frawley says one has to actually let Sun conjucnt Mars in real time and see in what degree the conjunction actually happens...hmmm in that case it would be in 10 degrees, 10 years? I hope not...haha

Otherwise the two interpretations about the circumstances surrounding us were spot on, I did not do anything to make things happen and he didn't either. Peregrine Moon square Mars shows a lot of frustration and obstacles. Moon will translate the light, but it is yet to aspect Mars and then bring its light to Venus, which showed that at that time action to bring things forward had not happened yet. Traditionally we want the Moon to have already aspected the first planet and be on its way to aspect the second planet. The fact that Moon is yet to aspect the first significator and it being a square again shows delay and challenges.

But I am positive that finally there may be some good developments soon. In real life things have been hard and communication has suffered between us, but this Jan things started to change again.

I will come back and update regarding that Sun/Mars conjunction.