Eclipse and Harvey

Kuntuzangmo

No threads yet.
Seems to me a very logical aftermath.
What do you think?

AlexZim

I read this astrologer's blog several days ago talking bout this. She expected Harvey to be exceptionally destructive for a couple reasons: His landfall was expected on Saturday, with the moon in Scorpio (yikes). This moon would square the Leo eclipse at 26 or 28 degrees (I forget which), being the first planetary aspect after the event to trigger something.. and something BIG (YIKES). She didn't mention running a chart for Houston though. I'm gonna go do that thing. This is fascinating.

AlexZim

Here's a kickoff for discussion :)

Attachments

• HoustonNatProgTrans.jpg
    HoustonNatProgTrans.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55

dr. farr

According to Johndro (a radical Modernist) the ascendant of most towns and cities in south east texas are under Taurus: note that, in the Plato MO (US population center_) eclipse map, Taurus (on the 7th whole sign house) is in platik square with the eclipse.

!4C

The flood region is also in the region where the maximum eclipse was conjunct midheaven.

The scorpio moon squared the eclipse point yesterday afternoon, when NK sent a missile over Japan. The triple activation next week could be exciting (mars, mercury, moon).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The flood region is also in the region where the maximum eclipse was conjunct midheaven.

The scorpio moon squared the eclipse point yesterday afternoon, when NK sent a missile over Japan. The triple activation next week could be exciting (mars, mercury, moon).
THERE ARE RELATED PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUES :smile:

There are huge public health risks from pollution releases during any hurricane
but the risk is particularly high with Harvey.

Residents of Houston’s industrial fence-line communities
are reporting strong gas-and chemical-like smells
coming from the many refineries and chemical plants nearby.

“I’ve been smelling them all night and off and on this morning”
said Bryan Parras, an activist at the grassroots environmental justice group TEJAS.
Parras, who lives and works in Houston’s East End
said some residents are experiencing “headaches, sore throat
scratchy throat and itchy eyes.”

Parras said there are chemical smells in the air all over the East End
but particularly in directly communities adjacent
to Houston’s sweeping petrochemical industry.
And residents can’t escape the smell
because flood waters have overtaken the city
and could reach over four feet in some spots.

“Fenceline communities can’t leave or evacuate
so they are literally getting gassed by these chemicals,” Parras said.
story was originally published by New Republic

Kuntuzangmo

I've been pondering for years about what it would take for the government to finally get serious about pollution - all kinds that foul our soil, water, and air (and space). The sabian for the eclipse point had to do with a mermaid coming out of the ocean. My take on it is that there could very well be national healing out of this disaster with deep reforms regarding toxins. Of course this could be my eternal wishful thinking also. We'll see.

Last edited:

HeyPlayGirl

Good eye! I didn't even correlate the 2. My family was hit head on in Texas. They still have no electricity

I hope everything gets settled and back to normal soon

Kuntuzangmo

This is the Sabian again for the eclipse point:

PHASE 149 (LEO 29°): A MERMAID EMERGES FROM THE OCEAN WAVES READY FOR REBIRTH IN HUMAN FORM.
KEYNOTE: The stage at which an intense feeling-intuition rising from the unconscious is about to take form as a conscious thought.
The mermaid personifies a stage of awareness still partially enveloped by the ever-moving and ever-elusive ocean of the collective Unconscious, yet already half formulated by the conscious mind. Any creative thinker or artist knows well the peculiar mixture of elation and anxiety characterizing such a stage. Will the intuitive feeling fade away reabsorbed into the unconscious, or will the inexpressible realization acquire the concreteness and expressible form of a concept or a definite motif in an art form?
This fourth symbol in the thirtieth five-fold sequence suggests that the fire of desire for concrete and steady form burns at the root of all techniques of self-expression. An unconscious energy archetype is reaching toward consciousness through the creator, as cosmic Love seeks tangible manifestation through human lovers. The whole pre-human universe reaches eagerly to the human stage of clear and steady consciousness. It is this great evolutionary urge, this elan vital, which is implied in this symbol of the mermaid seeking human incarnation — the YEARNING FOR CONSCIOUS FORM AND SOLIDITY.

"
It is this great evolutionary urge, this elan vital"
To me, as I suggested earlier, this "evolutionary urge" is the basis of wisdom that is our nature and trying desperately to come out and manifest. To survive as a species on this planet we need nothing less, since the unconscious and deep selfish habits are running us straight to extinction if we don't dramatically change - and very quickly. For some only disaster will wake them up.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

This is the thread I started before the eclipse regarding the Sabian of it:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109433&highlight=eclipse+sabian

There's a lot about the mermaid persona, emerging from water, reborn. One interpretation also talking about rescue coming from a prince or knight. (Not sure if the Prince part was a fanciful reinterpretation/addition of/to the original that certainly only figures with the Mermaid image. That patriarchy is really a hard nut to abdandon for some).
I would also note that the consistent lack of panic as the days progressed, I feel, made space for an abundance of generosity of spirit to manifest - toward humans, toward animals. Of course there were the selfish ones ($99 water, $50 gas etc...), Megalomanias who didn't reach out and offer outright, and orange ones who declared how exciting it all was (uh, huh??) ... But the good news is that overwhelmingly the response was big hearted - people with boats coming from everywhere, people saving animals all over the place. We'll give special mention to the myopic newsguy who took the time to report on the clearly exhausted and afraid opossom, yet left him, abandoned to a highly dubious fate!
Sigh.
Yet overall, I'd have to say the positive and effective responses far outweighed the stupidity (save perhaps the overall lack of planning, much less wisdom, of Houston as a city itself). Good job on this one, humans. But it isn't over yet.

Last edited:

ashriia

I first learned of a major hurricane on its way to texas on august 23rd when news of it began making the rounds on the radio here in the new york area.
I knew it was going to be bad. Since alot of events that occured in 2005 are bringing about related events or endings in 2017. Jupiter was in Libra in 2005, and is back in Libra currently.

Hurricane Katrina as most know hit Louisiana on August 23rd, and Harvey began intensifying on that very date. August 23rd.

I looked at the astrology last week and noticed -. 21 degrees saggitarius is a sensitive point for that region with regard to hurricanes. The eclipse was definitely the match that set the event in motion. However.. for hurricane katrina pluto was at 21 degs saggitarius. lilith was at 13 degs leo. mars was also 13 taurus.

For Harvey saturn was conjunct lilith at 21 degrees saggitarius. mars was at 21 leo. and neptune 13 pisces.

So 21 degs saggitarius is a very sensitive point for this region. And 13 degrees is probably in aspect to a point in the charts for these states also.
But jupiter needed to be back in libra, for events to unfold in a similar fashion.

Good news when jupiter enters libra again in 12 years, there will be no outer planets transiting saggitarius.:smile:

dr. farr

Using the posted Houston natal chart, and Carter's method of simple symbolic progression (1 degree progression per year), the progression of the natal places is 181 degrees as of 2017:

-the natal Sun (1 Virgo) progressions to 2 Pisces; natal Uranus (hurricanes; R.Bills) is @ 2 Pisces: so the Sun (life of the city) progresses to exact conjunction with natal Uranus (posited in wet Pisces), a very significant progression!

-natal Neptune is @ 3 Aquarius; it progresses to 4 Leo, within 1 degree of conjunction with natal Jupiter (@ 5 Leo); Jupiter disposits the ascending sign of the Houston natal map (natal ascendant 2 Sagittarius); as of 2017 progressed Neptune nearly conjuncts natal Jupiter: Neptune = inundations, floods (R.Bills); also note that Houston's natal Jupiter (the dispositor of the city's ascending sign) is in Leo (5 Leo), the same sign as the August 21st total solar eclipse

-natal bad luck indicator SN, @ natal 13 Scorpio, progresses by 2017 to 14 Taurus; natal good luck indicator NN is @ natal 13 Taurus; so SN progresses to with 1 degree conjunction with the natal NN, thus temporarily cancelling out the good luck NN for Houston; also note that in the August 21, 2017 eclipse, Taurus is in platik square to the eclipse in Leo

-natal Sun (1 Virgo) progresses to 2 Pisces; as of 2017, the star Sadalmelik is at 3 Pisces; so progressed Sun is within somewhat over 1 degree of exact conjunction with this star: among the indications (Robson) for Sadalmelik is "...extreme and sudden destruction..."

The progressed indications for Houston in 2017 clearly point to the current events (hurricane, floods) affecting this city.

Houston's natal map indicates to a susceptibility of the city to such events: in the natal, the Sun is in opposition to Uranus (strong winds, hurricanes); Jupiter is in opposition to the natal Moon (@ 7 Aquarius), the Moon being an indicator of moisture, rain, etc; Jupiter is also in opposition to the natal Neptune (inundations, floods), and the Moon is in conjunction with Neptune.

Last edited: