Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 12-02-2014, 05:59 PM

Smile I am looking for a study buddy

Hey there,

I am new to this board. I have a fairly good knowledge of astrology but when it comes to natal chart interpretations, I am pretty new. I have all the materials to study and would like to know if anyone would like to be a study partner?

I am pretty active via text. We can text each other via WhatsApp (chat service) and inform one another of new transits, chart interpretations, meanings, etc We can help educate one another, discuss about meanings of certain aspects, talk about the moon energies etc. I am also open to having group chat with 3-7 people discussing about anything pertaining to astrology. This will be an interactive and also a more personal way to discuss and gain new knowledge on astrology! It would also be a fun way to form a small close knit astro friends.

I am 34 years old, female from Vancouver, B.C.

Look forward to meeting new friends here!

Last edited by Butterballs; 12-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 08:07 PM

Re: I am looking for a study buddy

Im so interested. Im finishing up my fall semester but in a couple weeks ill have some free time to explore astrology more. Eventually I hope to understand mundane astrology more. I do have a sinking suspicion that what's missing in physics can be found in this realm, but....well it does need a hand to sew up the connections which will take work. Please let me know.
Unread 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM

me me me!

I've been studying for about a year and a half now, more in depth in the past few months than the last year put together. I'd love some study buddies in the astro world. PM me if you'd like
Unread 01-29-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballs View Post
Hey there,

I am new to this board. I have a fairly good knowledge of astrology but when it comes to natal chart interpretations, I am pretty new. I have all the materials to study and would like to know if anyone would like to be a study partner?

I am pretty active via text. We can text each other via WhatsApp (chat service) and inform one another of new transits, chart interpretations, meanings, etc We can help educate one another, discuss about meanings of certain aspects, talk about the moon energies etc. I am also open to having group chat with 3-7 people discussing about anything pertaining to astrology. This will be an interactive and also a more personal way to discuss and gain new knowledge on astrology! It would also be a fun way to form a small close knit astro friends.

hi, I'd be happy to assist. I know most about natal readings, but I'm not an experienced pro, just a fellow amateur.
Unread 01-29-2015, 05:10 AM

Hi OP,

I tried to send the points below via PM, but your Inbox is full:

As said, I'm not an expert, but what do you wish to know exactly?

I've looked at my own chart extensively, and find many of the aspects valid. This is for all of the personal planets, outer planets, conjuncts, trines, squares, etc. I don't know my rising sign fully, but the placements seem on the spot.

One technique I use is:

- Elements/modalities
- Hemisphere placements
- Sun/Moon/Rising description
- House placements
- Aspects between planets
- Fixed star placements

So if a native has a lot of water and air energy in cardinal signs, then s/he is very sensitive and communicative, with a strong-will to lead. If s/he had a Leo Sun, Aquarius Moon, and a Gemini Asc., then s/he is ambitious, with emotions in flux, and likes to communicate (as his or her "self").

And if there are many planets in, say, houses 1, 3 and 10, then the native uses such planets to boost his or her "self", communications, and career. His or her Sun conjunct Venus for instance lends to a charitable and warm nature. Jupiter trine his or her Moon will amplify and boost the fluctuating emotions.

A fixed star can boost or hinder the native's life. Some powerful fixed stars are Regulus, Altair, Sirius, etc., and a conjunct or trine to a personal planet is a major figure in one's life. many noted people whether today or historically had personal planets conjunct fixed stars.

And hemisphres show dependence vs. independence against introversion vs. extroversion. If our hypothetical native had more planets in his or her eastern hemisphere, s/he is a very independent person. Similar if these were in the northern hemisphere, this lends to extroversion over introversion.

This is long, but I hope it gives a guide to a process I use (though being an amateur lol..) I'd be happy to discuss this more with you. maybe you know some stuff I have missed.
Unread 02-08-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballs View Post
Hey there,

I am up for the task... aye aye captain ... I will remain with you till my interest last with the conversation.... I have little knowledge of astrology... may be we can help each other
Unread 02-09-2015, 03:53 AM

I am interested, maybe we can all create a whatsapp group. My area of interest is karmic astrology and patterns in charts.
Maybe we can all propose topics each week, then set out on our own and come back with the info?
My days are pretty relaxed now and I would like this as a break from my school studies with some subjects that really interest me.
PM me if we can link up
Some info about me :
Gemini rising, Aries Sun, Leo Moon, 10th house focus , Manifestor in Human Design, Grand Cardinal Cross bearer

Last edited by Aquamarine; 02-09-2015 at 03:53 AM. Reason: adding info

Tags
buddy, study