In traditional astrology Saturn is not the sole ruler of Aquarius

Bunraku

There is this idea in traditional astrology that the Sun rules the solar half of the zodiac, and the Moon rules the lunar half. They split the cosmos ruling as king and queen. The Sun in the solar half can never be peregrine. The Moon in the lunar half can never be peregrine.

The brilliance and influence of the luminaries overpowers even all of the other planets combined.

Guess which side Aquarius is on? :smile:

Humanitarian

I think Aquarius is lunar in this case, because the split is between Cancer and Leo, and the division is at the 0° Leo - 0° Aquarius axis, and so signs from Leo to Capricorn are solar, signs from Aquarius to Cancer are lunar.

Osamenor

Staff member
I haven't heard of a solar half and lunar half of the zodiac before. If there is such a thing, I would guess that the fire and air signs are solar and the water and earth signs are lunar. That would fit the yin and yang polarities (traditionally known as feminine and masculine polarities, respectively).

That would make the Sun and Moon at home in their exaltation signs as well as their domiciles. But it would also change their fall and detriment signs to additional domiciles.

Aquarius would then be solar, because it's an air sign.

JUPITERASC

There is this idea in traditional astrology that the Sun rules the solar half of the zodiac, and the Moon rules the lunar half. They split the cosmos ruling as king and queen. The Sun in the solar half can never be peregrine. The Moon in the lunar half can never be peregrine. The brilliance and influence of the luminaries overpowers even all of the other planets combined. Guess which side Aquarius is on? :smile:
I haven't heard of a solar half and lunar half of the zodiac before. If there is such a thing, I would guess that the fire and air signs are solar and the water and earth signs are lunar. That would fit the yin and yang polarities (traditionally known as feminine and masculine polarities, respectively).
That's simplified :)
as illustrated :

7917e911b46b943b4779f414c002e8bc--astrology-stars-the-planets.jpg

That would make the Sun and Moon at home in their exaltation signs as well as their domiciles. But it would also change their fall and detriment signs to additional domiciles. Aquarius would then be solar, because it's an air sign.
zodiac2000BC2.jpg

Osamenor

Staff member
That's simplified :)
as illustrated :

7917e911b46b943b4779f414c002e8bc--astrology-stars-the-planets.jpg

zodiac2000BC2.jpg

That's not quite the same thing as what the OP in this thread says. According to that chart, fire and air signs are the day domiciles of their ruling planets, while water and earth signs are the night domiciles. Sun only has a day domicile (Leo) and Moon only has a night domicile (Cancer). Sun and Moon are, contrary to the OP's assertion, peregrine in all other signs (except their exaltation, fall, and detriment signs).

I can believe this is what she was thinking of when she made the post. But it's incorrect that Sun and Moon are not peregrine in the day or night signs, respectively.

JUPITERASC

That's not quite the same thing as what the OP in this thread says. According to that chart, fire and air signs are the day domiciles of their ruling planets, while water and earth signs are the night domiciles. Sun only has a day domicile (Leo) and Moon only has a night domicile (Cancer). Sun and Moon are, contrary to the OP's assertion, peregrine in all other signs (except their exaltation, fall, and detriment signs).
Indeed:)
I can believe this is what she was thinking of when she made the post.

OP provides no tradional source for their statement

But it's incorrect that Sun and Moon are not peregrine in the day or night signs, respectively.