Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 11-27-2020, 01:22 PM

Asteroid Karen 2651

More about this asteroid: https://www.universeguide.com/asteroid/5926/karen

For those of you not in the know, a Karen is a term used to describe someone who is ....
someone as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. The meme evolved to depict white women who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

The image is often of a middle age middle class, or even wealthy, white woman with a long fringe. Drives a van, and is obnoxiously entitled “can I talk to the manager” types who abuse service workers (waiters etc.). They threaten to leave a bad Yelp review if things don’t go their way, and their way is very intricate and demanding. They will yell and demean to get their way. Often times boomers, but they can come from every generation.

More about this here:
https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/2107916...t-meme-manager

Where you have this asteroid shows where you are a Karen in life
1st house? Your personality. 10th? In the most visible manner. 11th? organizations for example. The sign shows how you go about it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
blackbery (03-20-2021), nadiaaa (03-20-2021)
Unread 11-27-2020, 01:36 PM

Re: Asteroid Karen 2651

What an excellent and innovative discovery Bunraku I’m glad the asteroid committee choose to go with the name Karen. It has become such a world-wide phenomenon in the 21st century. Luckily Karen’s shoot out from the bowls of yelp, so no need to kidn- I mean borrow middle-age woman from the suburbs who goes outdoors and paints

Unread 11-27-2020, 04:48 PM

Not sure about this, but I have Karen in 2nd at 12 degrees virgo.
It doesn't really aspect anything in my chart.
Unread 11-27-2020, 11:17 PM

Thanks for this.

If anyone's interested, Karen's at 5.45 degrees Capricorn.

Sabian symbol info for Capricorn 6: A dark archway and ten logs at the bottom.

Last edited by MoonlightSonata; 11-27-2020 at 11:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoonlightSonata For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (11-28-2020)
Unread 12-03-2020, 04:27 PM

Traits and attributes associated with the asteroid:
* Self-centric.
* Have privilege over others.
* Refuses to obey business orders and state/local laws.
* Praises the president and right-wing politics/agendas.
* Racism, ethnonational hatred and xenophobia.
And finally, in your face rudeness.

The first "Karen" was in Torrance CA, my Mom's hometown and it's historically home to a large Asian (esp Japanese) population, blamed for introduction of COVID-19 (which was thought to originated in Wuhan, China anyway)...and "Karen"'s refusal to wear a mask as well blamed the entire (East) Asian race, I mean, she's making a fool of herself and in an ethnic community which has a long history of exclusion, segregation, discrimination and in WW2, internment.

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 05-06-2021 at 06:09 PM.
Unread 12-03-2020, 06:24 PM

So the Karen asteroid is politically oriented?
Unread 12-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Talking Re: Asteroid Karen 2651

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
So the Karen asteroid is politically oriented?
Yes and No, I have to say there's no excuse for "Karens" to be jerks in public. The asteroid Karen confronts Earth and pushes Karen out of it's orbit (LMAO).
Unread 12-07-2020, 01:12 AM

I'm a Karen at 3 degrees scorpio in the 7th house. Yikes. I was hoping it was in the 12th so I could hide it.
Unread 03-20-2021, 06:38 AM

H=12 ergo too small
Unread 03-20-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmaela26 View Post
I'm a Karen at 3 degrees scorpio in the 7th house. Yikes. I was hoping it was in the 12th so I could hide it.
Why try to hide it? It's part of your energy, work with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
blackbery (03-20-2021)
Unread 03-20-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Traits and attributes associated with the asteroid:
* Self-centric.

The first "Karen" was in Torrance CA, my Mom's hometown and it's historically home to a large Asian (esp Japanese) population, blamed for introduction of COVID_19 (which was thought to originated in Wuhan, China anyway)...and "Karen"'s refusal to wear a mask as well blamed the entire (East) Asian race, I mean, she's making a fool of herself and in an ethnic community which has a long history of exclusion, segregation, discrimination and in WW2, internment.
Please could you post the link to where you found this info about asteroid Karen?
Thanks.
Unread 03-20-2021, 03:56 PM

This is EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of who "Karen is".

Karens scream at people who don't wear masks. They call the police or security if you are not wearing 1, 2 or 3 masks!

Karens wear masks at home alone.

Karens wear masks while swimming in the ocean. True. I saw a photo.

Karens DEMAND everything close down because of the virus that is going to KILL EVERYONE!

Karens are delusional & don't deal in reality or facts.

Karens are first in line to get the jab. Then keep wearing their masks, demanding everything remain closed no matter how many people are vaccinated.

Karens have lost touch with reality due to fear of dying. They watch MSM & believe every word spoken. This keeps them ignorant, stupid & in FEAR. They actually believe that covid has killed thousands when it's all about moving statistics around. Nobody died from the flu during the pandemic, or heart disease, or diabetes, or cancer or overdoses or accidents. Everyone died from covid according to Karen.

‘Karens’ like Biden while ‘Richards’ prefer Trump, NY Times poll says

Sixty per cent of decided Karens preferred Biden over Trump, the data showed.

[QUOTE=CapAquaPis;1081415]Traits and attributes associated with the asteroid:
* Self-centric.
Unread 03-20-2021, 05:12 PM

mine doesn’t really aspect anything but its in virgo and is in the 5th house..
Unread 03-20-2021, 05:18 PM

I checked mine as well, and it doesn't aspect anything, it's in virgo in the 2nd.
Unread 03-20-2021, 07:17 PM

ElenaJ, I'm unable to find anything astrological about the asteroid Karen, I've posted in 2020 about what we know about Karen in current events, and many of us guessed "is Asteroid Karen responsible for these people in essential still-open businesses acting all entitled and privileged at the at-risk staff or clerks"?
ElenaJ (03-20-2021)
Unread 03-21-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
More about this asteroid: https://www.universeguide.com/asteroid/5926/karen

For those of you not in the know, a Karen is a term used to describe someone who is ....
someone as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. The meme evolved to depict white women who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

The image is often of a middle age middle class, or even wealthy, white woman with a long fringe. Drives a van, and is obnoxiously entitled “can I talk to the manager” types who abuse service workers (waiters etc.). They threaten to leave a bad Yelp review if things don’t go their way, and their way is very intricate and demanding. They will yell and demean to get their way. Often times boomers, but they can come from every generation.

More about this here:
https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/2107916...t-meme-manager

Where you have this asteroid shows where you are a Karen in life
1st house? Your personality. 10th? In the most visible manner. 11th? organizations for example. The sign shows how you go about it.
Actually Karen being used as a slur started when the movie mean girls came out, and it is about racism.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 03-21-2021, 05:02 PM

My Karen's in Cancer in the 10th house and only opposes my Mars with an orb of 2 degrees and nothing else. Guess I'm not karin' enough about Karen.
Unread 03-21-2021, 05:14 PM

This is all very strange.
There doesn't seem to be anything online about the astrological meaning of asteroid Karen.
But you are all making it quite negative, and tying it to something that most people not living in the states can't understand. Myself for one.
What is all the negativity about Karen coming from?
Unread 03-22-2021, 01:21 PM

It's a joke really but there is an asteroid called Karen just as there is an asteroid for almost any name. Bunkaru explained who the 'white, whiny, self-entitled' Karen is.

Yep, I've experienced 'Karen' a few times while walking down the street breathing fresh air & not wearing a muzzle while she screams that "I'm killing people".
I witnessed Karen actually taking a photo of a man without a mask...to report him???

Karen is best known for calling the police because a black or hispanic man is walking down the street, black people are swimming in a pool, black people are bird-watching, black people are decorating their own homes.

Yep, Karen is racist but claims to be liberal. Maybe we can 'shame her' into some awareness or at least shut her up to stop her nonsense!

It's just entertaining to play around with asteroids since they have no astrology meaning.

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be anything online about the astrological meaning of asteroid Karen.
But you are all making it quite negative, and tying it to something that most people not living in the states can't understand. Myself for one.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-22-2021)
Unread 03-22-2021, 01:44 PM

I have not had an experience with a Karen and masks but a KarMAN.

I was waiting in the queue at the Post Office, wearing a mask, and we all waited 2-3 metres from the till until the person in front had been served. Well, what I did know was that both queues had now been changed into one queue and a type of one way system.

The man stopped me and said 'you are not meant to walk up this line, you walk down this line only.'

I followed his eyes about where he was meaning and I saw I need to walk towards the till on the next line.

Well, if he had told me this and then gone on his merry way, I would have complied and everything would have been fine but after he finished pointing this out to me, he stood staring at me, waiting for me to answer him or apologize or something.

I was not in the best of moods that day though and so I stared back at him and then pointed to the door with my head 'you can go now.' And he left.

What a controlling, embarrassing little karMAN. But, helped along by a bad mood, I stood my ground and embarrassed him back.

I wonder what the official name is for a karMAN.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" - Carl Jung
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
blackbery (03-22-2021)
Unread 03-22-2021, 01:54 PM

Didn't know Daren existed too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I have not had an experience with a Karen and masks but a KarMAN.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (03-22-2021)
Unread 03-22-2021, 03:17 PM

Smile Re: Asteroid Karen 2651

Quote:
The full story is, that a city park that used to allow dogs off-leash had been changed to on-leash only, due to lobbying by the Audubon Society, which was protecting it as a bird habitat.

A man who wasn't hired or appointed "Park Warden", had taken it upon himself to see that the on-leash ordinance was enforced, by admonishing those who didn't obey the leash-law, which was clearly posted.

A woman with a small cocker spaniel decided to let her dog run free, and was politely but firmly confronted by the self-appointed park warden, and informed of the posted leash-law, intended to protect the birds nesting in the bushes.

She got angry, and because of this guy's racial appearance, retaliated by calling 911 and reporting him as "a Black man" threatening her safety, which wasn't at all the case.
Unread 03-22-2021, 03:24 PM

I understood he was a birdwatcher, and this lady with the off-leash dog scared the birds away. He wasn’t a dog hater or simpering enforcer.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
blackbery (03-22-2021)
Unread 03-22-2021, 03:30 PM

Smile Re: Asteroid Karen 2651

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I understood he was a birdwatcher, and this lady with the off-leash dog scared the birds away. He wasn’t a dog hater or simpering enforcer.
Yes, he was only protecting the birds from her dog. And the park was posted as on-leash only.

But, he wasn't an authorized park ranger. She felt her dog wasn't a threat to the birds, and just got angry about being told what to do by "a Black man".

So, there was racism and "white privilege" involved, for which she later apologized.

Last edited by david starling; 03-22-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 03-22-2021, 03:39 PM

The black man was NOT at fault. Like Elena said, HER dog was disturbing the birds while off-leash in a LEASHED area....'Karen' could have gone to the off-leash area or put a leash on her dog as the man politely requested 3x.

When she refused, he recorded it because he knows better when a racist is in a confrontation with him. Karen called her police on HIM lying to the dispatcher & telling them 'An African-American man was assaulting & threatening her'.

He never went near her....only due to the video was he not arrested I'm sure.

White Woman Who Called Police On Black Bird-Watcher Allegedly Made A Second 911 Call

Amy Cooper, the white woman who was captured on cellphone video calling the police on a Black bird-watcher in Central Park this summer, also allegedly made a second 911 call. New York prosecutors say she falsely claimed the man "tried to assault her."

HE is the 'victim' here, not self-entitled Karen...no matter the size of her dog!

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...econd-911-call

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The full story is, that a city park that used to allow dogs off-leash had been changed to on-leash only, due to lobbying by the Audubon Society, which was protecting it as a bird habitat.

A man who wasn't hired or appointed "Park Warden", had taken it upon himself to see that the on-leash ordinance was enforced, by admonishing those who didn't obey the leash-law, which was clearly posted.

A woman with a small cocker spaniel decided to let her dog run free, and was politely but firmly confronted by the self-appointed park warden, and informed of the posted leash-law, intended to protect the birds nesting in the bushes.

She got angry, and because of this guy's racial appearance, retaliated by calling 911 and reporting him as "a Black man" threatening her safety, which wasn't at all the case.

Tags
2651, asteroid, karen