Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 01-18-2018, 10:17 AM

Favourite element

I'm curious to know what your favourite element is in astrology and why.

I love the water signs best. I love the satisfying emotions, sensitivity, love, creativity, fantasy.

Unread 01-18-2018, 06:49 PM

Smile Re: Favourite element

Oxygen is my favorite element. Water is my favorite compound (hydrogen+oxygen).
Unread 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM

Re: Favourite element

Air is my preferred element. I donít have a lot of it in my chart but my ascendant is Aquarius (and also my favorite sign because I enjoy and associate myself with exactly what it signifies).

Air signs as they are, are (typically) pleasant, civil, smart, and curious, attributes given to them by their temperament that rules them ó that is, the sanguine temperament. I would stick Virgo in there also as a human sign but she has different outlooks on stuff than the air signs (being an Earth sign and all).
Unread 01-18-2018, 08:56 PM

I connect the Earth-signs to the Planet Earth and the Material world, including three states of matter--solid, liquid, and vapor. That's Earth's crust (Taurus, solid, land-dwelling ox, or bull), Earth's waters (Capricorn, as the Seagoat), and Earth's atmosphere (Virgo, often depicted as winged). This puts Virgo in the category of a "practical" Air-sign, and Capricorn in the category of a materialistic Water-sign.
Unread 01-18-2018, 09:25 PM

Earth is the best element hands down
Unread 01-18-2018, 09:57 PM

I love Fire signs, and Water signs.

Fire people are just awesome, you can never be bored around them. They always have something to say and even if they don't seem to listen or cut you off, it's really never on purpose. Once they are done with theirs they really want to listen to you too! And they're just ON, until they drop dead to sleep, lol.

It might sound like I'm talking about Air signs, but imo and experience you have to keep entertaining the air signs. I believe I'm able to, but with with the air people it's like they will forget about you if you don't keep their attention... they'll up and away somewhere else, and that's scary to me. So I usually don't do well with Air, except for Aquarians who are drawn to me for God knows what reason. Even then I feel I'm just their temporary plaything.

Water signs are the opposite of Fire ones- they listen to you, they focus so deeply and intently on you, you cannot NOT love them for the devotion they show. Most of my romantic relationships were with Water signs (and 'water bearers', lol), and most of my close friends are Fire signs. Air is 50-50 with me.

I am hardly close to members of my own element I have no clue why. We just don't click.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimiko8 For This Useful Post:
Sagittarius Jupiter (01-24-2018)
Unread 01-18-2018, 09:58 PM

Just a guess, but seems like most would like the Element of their Sun, Moon, and/or Ascendant-sign. Any exceptions to that?
Unread 01-18-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Just a guess, but seems like most would like the Element of their Sun, Moon, and/or Ascendant-sign. Any exceptions to that?
In this case, I'd say I like the element of my ascendant and the house my sun is in which is also ruled by water.
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post

I love the water signs best. I love the satisfying emotions, sensitivity, love, creativity, fantasy.
I guess that would depend on your element emphasis. I am basically fire and air but thankfully have an Earth Moon to keep me grounded. I lack water but am ruled by Neptune....'Sometimes the house element compensates. ie. I have a stellium in Virgo Earth house and another one in Scorpio water house.
Unread 01-19-2018, 12:27 AM

Favorite element is fire.
I like the energy, the exuberance, of that element; the adventurous, fearless, passionate attitude with which they approach life. It's infectious. ETA: Fire types are also FUN!
Of course, I'm biased, because I am majority fire by sign; but I don't actually feel all that fiery.

After that, water followed by air, I think. I have an airy Moon.

Being a Virgo rising, and liking Virgo Suns, you'd think I'd like earth, but I...can't say that's true. I'm unfamiliar with this element. I like Virgos for being so practical/grounded - it gives them a calming presence.

Last edited by magnolia8; 01-19-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Unread 01-19-2018, 01:20 AM

Earth sun, earth moon, earth Asc., chart ruler is Saturn who is in an earth sign. I hate the earth elm. and also don't often get along well with air signs. Water is my favorite and other than sun/moon=AC (trine) in Scorpio ,MC/AC=Venus (conj,) in Scorpio, and Venus (MC ruler in scorpio/ rules the sign thar the AC ruler is in), I don't have any water outside Scorpio.
Unread 01-19-2018, 01:21 AM

My moon is watery if you consider a 8th house and Pluto aspected moon watery.
Unread 01-19-2018, 01:25 AM

I like the earth element best because without it I wouldn't have my beautiful rose garden that means so much to me
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (01-19-2018)
Unread 01-19-2018, 03:48 AM

I'm loving the responses guys. Such diversity of reasons.
Unread 01-19-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Earth Sun, Earth Moon, Ascendant is confused between air and water- and chart ruler is in an Earth sign. Its not that I hate Earth, itís like, eh. Thereís no great back and forth relationship between us. Fire and water engage me so naturally I find them wonderful.
Unread 01-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Banned

I think over time I've come to appreciate air signs the most. People with a lot of air can be quite shallow but they're usually nice and entertaining. It's usually very easy to get along with them. However, I still can't stand people with Libra Moons... And I think I respect earth signs the most. Their practicality and resourcefulness are amazing. Taurus and Virgo are generally very nice signs, Capricorn not so much, but they can be very badass which is cool. Fire signs can be cool too but it depends. And I think water signs kinda suck. Not the biggest fan of them. And I have planets in all 3 water signs so I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm fire Sun, water Moon and air ascendant.

Last edited by Solar Flare; 01-19-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Unread 01-21-2018, 05:39 AM

There's an ambiguity in the title. Favorite Elemental qualities as experienced in your own Chart, or how you relate to people with Elemental qualities expressed in their Charts? I admit to liking my Tropical Chart, and feeling fortunate to have it. No Earth (except for the Age Indicator in Capricorn we all share); of the six most personal (fastest in changing position) they're all Water and Air: 4 in Pisces, 2 in Aquarius (Moon and Venus). Then, more Water and Air, Jupiter in Scorpio, Ouranos and NN in Gemini, Neptune in Libra. For Fire, I have Saturn and Pluto unAspected in Leo, and a Sagittarian SN. No in-Orb oppositions, hardly any Squares and some very nice Trines and Sextiles. I pretty much like people with Charts of every Element, depending on what the situation is, and how they act. I see all the Elements working well together as what makes life worthwhile. So, what's my favorite Element?
Fire, or
Earth, or
Air, or
Water?
*Answer: All of the above*
Unread 01-21-2018, 05:46 AM

Of course, the Element of Surprise often comes in handy!
Unread 01-22-2018, 11:23 PM

I would say earth is my favorite element.Virgo Taurus and Cap all have this super calming demeanor. I love it because they are so grounded and easy to tolerate. They dont usually throw huge fits and have a logical approach to life. Ive learned to appreciate that energy a lot
Unread 01-24-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibaby08 View Post
I would say earth is my favorite element.Virgo Taurus and Cap all have this super calming demeanor. I love it because they are so grounded and easy to tolerate. They dont usually throw huge fits and have a logical approach to life. Ive learned to appreciate that energy a lot
Thatís what I heard from my friends about me (Tau Sun, Cap Moon)
But you have to know, like a volcano, thereís activity going on deep inside! Esp Cap moons, I feel they are just a big bundle of (very controlled) nerves.
Unread 01-24-2018, 01:46 PM

ooh, nice question.
Hmm... I would say water signs as well because I love their compassion and care.
I believe the world needs more compassion <3
Unread 01-24-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiko8 View Post
Thatís what I heard from my friends about me (Tau Sun, Cap Moon)
But you have to know, like a volcano, thereís activity going on deep inside! Esp Cap moons, I feel they are just a big bundle of (very controlled) nerves.
I agree about Capricorn moon and having controlled nerves ready to burst.
Unread 01-24-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardian00angel View Post
ooh, nice question.
Hmm... I would say water signs as well because I love their compassion and care.
I believe the world needs more compassion <3
I agree. Well said.
Unread 01-26-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post

I'm going to have to say air signs. The reason why I said air signs is the it's not easy for them to commit an unforgivable crime and they are interesting to be around. Water signs will commit some unforgivable crime of passion (maybe not pisces) whether it's acting borderline towards their kid or beating a partner up for cheating. Fire signs are selfish and entitled and try too hard to dominate you, and will also do careless unforgivable actions without much thought.

Earth signs are not bad but often boring and methodical.

Air signs can gain material things by using their intellect and they may not feel as deep, but can understand people's nature's and feelings. They are also more objective and progressive and unbiased.
Unread 01-26-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-thinking View Post
I'm going to have to say air signs. The reason why I said air signs is the it's not easy for them to commit an unforgivable crime and they are interesting to be around. Water signs will commit some unforgivable crime of passion (maybe not pisces) whether it's acting borderline towards their kid or beating a partner up for cheating. Fire signs are selfish and entitled and try too hard to dominate you, and will also do careless unforgivable actions without much thought.

Earth signs are not bad but often boring and methodical.

Air signs can gain material things by using their intellect and they may not feel as deep, but can understand people's nature's and feelings. They are also more objective and progressive and unbiased.
That was offensive lol.

Tags
element, favourite