Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 05-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Capricorn darkest sign?

"Many astrologers consider Capricorn to be the most enigmatic and mysterious sign of the zodiac. All of the cardinal signs indicate seats of power and in a creature with the forelimbs of a goat attached to the tail of a fish, the abyss of the ocean is combined with mountainous terrain. This represents a 'cross of matter' between the psyche and its manifestation in the material, drawing the soul out of its collective stupor to confront the challenges of reality and individualism. The ocean, besides symbolising primordial roots, relates to instinctive wisdom, secrets, and knowledge that lies buried within the depths of consciousness. Capricorn, bearing only the tail of an aquatic creature, keeps a head that is free from impressionable thought - at a rational level Capricorns are affected only by what they can define through logic and reasoned assessment, but unconsciously, spiritually and emotionally they draw from the deep. This is a sign that is anything but shallow and superficial; beneath the Capricorn's cool, reserved and calculating exterior lies a profound resource of emotional strength, psychic resilience and earthy endurance. The recognisable character traits of the sign reveal compulsion, dedication and perseverance in its aims and interests. Capricorns may not impress others by their motivation but neither do they seek the easy approval or widespread attention of others."

-Skyscript-

"Sun in CAPRICORN (Rim: Mars, Saturn) INDEPENDENT. DISCONTENT. WILD.
Survival and autonomy needs foremost. Sociable; not self-disclosing. Humor, storyteller, prankish, music. Good resource manager. Struggles against tough odds. Discontent, combative, resists persuasion and conformity. Values past; defies status quo. Emotions cautious initially. Extreme libido.

Moon in CAPRICORN (Rim: Mars, Saturn)
Restless, confrontational. Resists persuasion, authority, & conformity. Sharp, unconventional mind. Socially charming; not self-disclosing. Humor, prankish, outlandish. Sexually attractive; wild libido. Identifies with the fringe, “bad boy/girl” (but essentially wholesome). Dark, grotesque, shocking, disturbing style (loves dark occult images). Vulnerable to dark moods. Often severe childhoods or early loss.

Mars in CAPRICORN (Rim: Mars, Saturn)
Courage, stands own ground (prefers action to complaining). Confrontational, discontent: creates unnecessary struggle & conflict (over authority, control, father issues). Private, secretive, self-veiling. (Mysterious façade, or deceptive; to avoid control, look good, or not be found out). Much unresolved shadow; vulnerable to dark moods; carries past darkness around. Sexually forthright (strong needs + practicality)."

-Solunars-

Phallic(sexual/wild),Serpentine(Wise/withholding),Cynical (Conservative/malajusted). These would be my three cornerstones of Capricorn by reading and self reflecting.

Just some more intresting Capricorn traits and interpretations listed above. I gave both Tropical and Sidereal examples to juxapose the sign, however skyscript being more tradtional turns to align with sidereal traits, more than modern tropical may.

Curious to see if you guys see Capricorn as the darkest sign of the zodiac?

It is also associated with the Devil, Baphomet, and Pan. Its tail is either that of a fish or a serpent, which one I believe is more accurate is up in the air (although I have an inclination to snakes). (I think I'll let my Neptune have sun fun by working on a serpent tailed Capricorn drawing).

If you guys have any specific examples/stories of dark/jadded acts of Capricorns (Luminaries/Mars/dom) I would love to hear them.
Unread 05-11-2018, 07:31 PM

Re: Capricorn darkest sign?

In Vedic astrology Capricorns symbol is a crocodile hybrid btw.
Unread 05-12-2018, 04:39 PM

I honestly find Scorpio moon the darkest, not capricorn. Capricorn moons are emotionally tough and resillient and they appear as they lack empathy.

I had a friend with Sun, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Nept, Uranus in Capricorn with a Scorpio moon. The most joyous person on the outside (Virgo rising) . However, huge darkness within. He found a healthy way to express it in his art. Some people just feed off negative, heavy and dark emotions that most people would consider sad or misfortunate. So I think its again very relative. Capricorn suns tend to look cool and uninterested or pessimistic, truth is they ade realists. They just know some things are bad, but not everything is bad. Thanks to their dark nature they quickly learn to enjoy life. After all they come after Saggitarius
Unread 05-12-2018, 05:09 PM

Capricorn is pretty dark.

But I think Scorpio takes the cake for this one.
Unread 05-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

I'm darker than every Scorpio I've met. I do have Scorpio Pluto and angular Scorpio mercury but that's all.
Unread 05-12-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
I'm darker than every Scorpio I've met. I do have Scorpio Pluto and angular Scorpio mercury but that's all.
That’s great.
Unread 05-12-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That’s great.
When the amount of shits you give is zero theres no need to respond lol.
Unread 09-12-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
I knew it! This thread can only come from a heavy cap emphasis, trying to usurp Scorpio's throne.

Assuming you have a stellium, do you find yourself fitting the traditional interpretations of Cap?
Unread 09-12-2018, 04:26 AM

I'm not sure where all these stereotypes comes from anyway. I've met quite a lot of Scorpios and rarely do they seem particularly 'dark'. In fact I've met many Scorpios who have trouble facing the darkness. I can't speak for Capricorns since I have no Capricorn suns I've ever been close to, but I'd suspect it's much the same deal
Unread 06-09-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Scorpio isn't even close to Capricorn.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 06-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
Scorpio isn't even close to Capricorn.
I have a mercury rising with my A.C. just in sag and merc at the end of Scorpio. I also have a generational Pluto in Scorpio and a Mars in Capricorn. I've noted that Saturn is darker than Mars and Pluto [although Mars and Saturn Make up Capricorn and Mars and Uranus (maybe Pluto) make up Scorpio].

Reoccurring is a freedom motif found in Scorpio and a wild motif found in Capricorn. Pluto itself is autheticty.

I think some of the Saturn side of Libra runs into what people consider Scorpio. Red flowing dress, candle lit mansion, sleeping around to have political power I'm seeing is Libra. Scorpio is converse and skate boards, tagging stuff with spray paint, and having sex bc they like it no5 bc it serves an agenda.
Unread 06-09-2018, 11:29 PM

I'd argue every planet has its own darkness. Just different shades
Unread 05-12-2018, 09:02 PM

January Storm. Thanks for the response, tropical Gemini and Sidereal too for that matter can be dark and ******* up. Capricorn is unlike Scorpio in that it is a monster to protect the things it loves. We must remember that Capricorn is also Mars in addition to Saturn. Mars the God of war, blood, gore, aggression also rules Capricorn along with Saturn the God of the bleak, death, excrement, and superstitions.

However the in line, organizational, neat and displined nayure given to Capricorn is a bunch of bull, I've never met a Capricorn who is like this, most are respectful but are very anti-satus quo, they are willful stubborn and wild but not all are organized and disciplined. MLK, Isaac Newton, Elvis Presley, all willful, outside the norms of their time, willing to put their neck out to get **** done.

I've also never met a unempathetic Capricorn, ever. All of them are emotionally unexpressive, but not incapable of emotion.

According to tropical standards im a Capricorn, as is my dad's sister, her daughter, and both of my dad's parents. So is my significant other. We all are very spiritual and emotional people, willing to read tarot practice witchcraft etc. Willing to dye out hair all sorts of colors and very much outside of social norms.

Now I do have and 8th house moon square Pluto (moon is either in Virgo or Leo), I also carry an unaspected Neptune, and Saturn aspects both of my luminaries.

[My strongest planets are Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto.]
The Following User Says Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
Januarystorm (05-13-2018)
Unread 05-13-2018, 02:31 AM

In the northern hemisphere winter, the sun enters Capricorn on the longest night and darkest day (24 hour darkness peaks above the Arctic circle) of the year, when the sun appears to be in the lowest point in the sky. Capricorn will be associated with prolonged period of dark and we associate darkness with death, calm and melancholy - traits we think of Capricorn. In traditional astrology, Saturn is the farthest planet and it became the ruler of Capricorn. However, modern astrology continues to have Saturn as the sign's ruler. And in sidereal astrology, anyone born on Feb. 15th is a 29' Capricorn-0' Aquarius (my tropical sun/moon in Aquarius, in sidereal, the moon is in Capricorn). I am partially Capricornian: to view life with dark nihilism, pessimism and realism, not the bright sunny upbeat optimist version we're told to perceive our lives.
Unread 05-13-2018, 02:35 AM

My most powerful planet is Neptune, i can zen out anytime i can connect to it, because it has no aspects of any kind in my entire chart. I choose to live under the influence of Saturn and Pluto and for they aspect my luminaries, however one day i may choose to live under Neptune in full (but that is a whole other place of darkness and uncharted waters).
Unread 05-13-2018, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
In the northern hemisphere winter, the sun enters Capricorn on the longest night and darkest day (24 hour darkness peaks above the Arctic circle) of the year, when the sun appears to be in the lowest point in the sky. Capricorn will be associated with prolonged period of dark and we associate darkness with death, calm and melancholy - traits we think of Capricorn. In traditional astrology, Saturn is the farthest planet and it became the ruler of Capricorn. However, modern astrology continues to have Saturn as the sign's ruler. And in sidereal astrology, anyone born on Feb. 15th is a 29' Capricorn-0' Aquarius (my tropical sun/moon in Aquarius, in sidereal, the moon is in Capricorn). I am partially Capricornian: to view life with dark nihilism, pessimism and realism, not the bright sunny upbeat optimist version we're told to perceive our lives.
In what way is the pessimistic view any more "real" than the optimistic?
Unread 05-13-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
In what way is the pessimistic view any more "real" than the optimistic?
To get real about life and the world around you, I learned I don't always win and not every day is a good day. Don't expect to be "happy-go-lucky" and deal with anything goes wrong to you. It's not really pessimism if you think about it.
Unread 05-13-2018, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
To get real about life and the world around you, I learned I don't always win and not every day is a good day. Don't expect to be "happy-go-lucky" and deal with anything goes wrong to you. It's not really pessimism if you think about it.
How is that pessimistic as opposed to realistic? A pessimist might be inclined to be anxiety riddled at the start of the day because he is almost expecting the worse out of experience - seeing ghosts where they don't exist. I don't find that approach to be that realistic either.
Unread 05-13-2018, 04:40 AM

You could call manifest self magic through reflection, introspection, and meditation.
Unread 05-13-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
You could call manifest self magic through reflection, introspection, and meditation.
Is this babby's first spiritual advice?
Unread 05-14-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Is this babby's first spiritual advice?
No I give spiritual insight. Age is just a number, you know that.
Unread 05-14-2018, 01:21 AM

Age is definitely not just a number
Unread 05-14-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Age is definitely not just a number
Yet we measure it as such. Yes, I'm
18, but I've raised two kids for at least half of my life. That's say 9 years. Age should be measured in tangible experience rather than therotical numbers.
Unread 06-02-2018, 10:24 PM

I have a lot of Cap in me. I’m dark in ways, especially my humor.

But I think the award for darkest sign goes to Scorpio and/or Pluto and 8th House themes.
Unread 06-02-2018, 11:00 PM

Did you provide them with housing? Did you send them to school? Did you pay their bills? You sounded like you did a lot of baby sitting/fraternal caring, which is important, but that doesn't sound to me like you were their parent. An older brother could easily do all of that without having to embellish the story with calling it parenting.

Tags
capricorn, darkest, sign