Is This Reasonable?

Draco

Hi all,

I have seen that when you post your natal data as part of an introduction on About.com's astrology forum, this is the response you receive from the moderator:

This forum is a place for the ongoing, shared study and discussion of astrology. Unfortunately, forums where requests for free readings are allowed typically become so cluttered with dozens and dozens of requests for free readings that little actual discussion of astrology is able to go on. Therefore, any and all requests for free readings posted in the forum may at the discretion of the moderator be deleted without notice.

This is bullshit! This forum has requests for readings all the time, either between regular members, or newbies who come to get their reading and then go again. So what? The fact that people post their questions and their data, gives us the opportunity to practice, to gain insight upon the perspectives of others, and also allows and encourages us to do what we love to do.

As for:

Unfortunately, forums where requests for free readings are allowed typically become so cluttered with dozens and dozens of requests for free readings that little actual discussion of astrology is able to go on.

Again, and excuse my language, but this is pure bullshit! Here, requests for free readings are welcome, because usually charts which are offered forth for our scrutiny become the subject of many an interesting discussion and debate. Perhaps the fact that we are allowed to liberally read for one and other on here, and the fact that we are willing to read for newcomers as well is what makes ours the most popular astrology forum on the internet. By attempting to analyse each others questions in relation to astrology charts, makes this place the enlightening, educating, interesting and exciting forum that it is. As far as I am aware this forum hasn't been 'cluttered with dozens and dozens of requests for free readings that little discussion of astrology is able to go on', on the contrary! If this is what about.com thinks then I suggest that they take a look over here! I think that the fact that this forum allows such free communication makes it the success that it is, and one of the friendliest communities on the internet.

So what are your views?

Draco :wink:

blumen

Just don't care about it and see the whole thing in this way: perhaps "Dr." Z got so bored that he had nothing better to do than posting annoying messages on his forum......

Arian Maverick

Just don't care about it and see the whole thing in this way: perhaps "Dr." Z got so bored that he had nothing better to do than posting annoying messages on his forum......

I agree...nice observation, blumen! :lol:

Arian Maverick

fensi88

I think that the fact that this forum allows such free communication makes it the success that it is, and one of the friendliest communities on the internet.
You are apsolutely right! Someone who do not allow free communications and answers to questions is scared of mistakes (that means he/she does not know astrology well, and second, loves money a lot so he/she wish to ask him/her to read your question and to pay him/her). I hate that peole who does not want to share knowledge for free.
Once I sent theoretical question at same time to Lee Lehman and webmaster of Tara Astrology. From Tara astrology I emediately get answer, but from Lee Lehman I get question:"Do you wish to schedule consusltation?" I could not believe that she want to remunarate one theoretical answer. And I answer to her:"No, I do not want to schedule consiultation with you , because webmaster of Tara Astrology sent me answer FOR FREE".
One thing that I like a lot on this forum is that all visitors are open mind for all suggestions and especialy that we have charts for almost all questions! I did not see that it is practise on anothers forums! Noone forum is like ours! I learn a lot from all these posts! Radu, thanks for this forum! Sometimes I think that this forum must cost a lot and I am thnakfull to you for you allow us to comunicate and exchange our knowledge!

Draco

One thing that I like a lot on this forum is that all visitors are open mind for all suggestions and especialy that we have charts for almost all questions! I did not see that it is practise on anothers forums! Noone forum is like ours! I learn a lot from all these posts! Radu, thanks for this forum! Sometimes I think that this forum must cost a lot and I am thnakfull to you for you allow us to comunicate and exchange our knowledge!

Me too. :D

Thankyou Radu!

By the way, this was meant to be a poll, but the poll didn't appear. :wink: Oh well, never mind.

Draco :wink:

I agree with you about 95%

Personally I enjoy people posting their birth time and such online because it makes for good practice. When people ask for help regarding a certain question I get to practice my horary.

However I do understand the other website’s desire to keep too many requests for readings.
Firstly, often people who do not understand astrology will come into the forums expecting an ESP service, and ask questions like “I like this guy does he like me?” FULL STOP.
There simply isn’t enough information, and it becomes a junk post.

Secondly, there are times when there are more querents than astrologers! There many be two people actually studying astrology, and a hundred requests. That makes it hard for an astrologer to filter through the “help me” posts to be able to communicate and learn from someone going through the same things they are.

Perhaps there should be a thread separation at that site – one for requests, and one for astrologers. I don’t know.

Anyway I’m on your side, Draco.

Ace

I agree with all of you. Most of the time, I believe we have a very balanced mix of requests and informational posts that we can all learn from. I don't think that many on this forum come here just for readings either. I have posted many questions because I know I am not at a level where I can do my own in depth interpretations so I get to see seasoned practitioners work their magic. I'm especially grateful when members go into details with their reading. Not only does it display what I should be looking for, but it's beneficial for novice learners. It is these type of replies that assist me in focusing on the parts of the chart I should be keeping an eye out for in the future should I get to a level where I am confident and skilled enough to accurately give my advice and interpretation on a chart. I would have to extend my sincerest thanks to everyone on this online community who have made my experience a wonderful and engaging one. Thank you for freely sharing your knowledge and expertise and not hoarding it like other forums I've come across in the past.

Francesca

I have found this forum to be a wonderful combination of learning, sharing and receiving. Radu deserves a lot of credit, as do the seniors who respond to requests by explaining the route they take to their conclusion. I'm very grateful for the forum.

laliqueviolin

... Perhaps it is just only me, but I cannot absorb nor comprehend fully when browsing through About.com's astrology section.

From what Draco experiences, this simply affirms that this forum is one of the best astrology forums around. I have no need to stray over there.. Speaking of which, the entire branch of About.com feels constricting and I am thankful that AstrologyWeekly.com does not have an abundance of popup clutter...

I deeply appreciate the organization, people of substance, and the tremendous amount of insights here too.

Light

No, its not at all reasonable - they are wasting opportunities.

SS says it all...

... Perhaps it is just only me, but I cannot absorb nor comprehend fully when browsing through About.com's astrology section.

From what Draco experiences, this simply affirms that this forum is one of the best astrology forums around. I have no need to stray over there.. Speaking of which, the entire branch of About.com feels constricting and I am thankful that AstrologyWeekly.com does not have an abundance of popup clutter...

I deeply appreciate the organization, people of substance, and the tremendous amount of insights here too.

I thought it was just me being picky - I couldn't understand that forum at all. I couldn't even work out where things were. Its so chaotic.

The thing I really love about this forum is that it caters for everyone. Everyone shares their knowledge and ideas willingly. There's non of that I-know-more-than-you-how-dare-you-bother-me-with-such-basic-trivial-questions :eek: attitude that there is on some other boards.

Plus it covers such a wide range of types of astrology. Which is extremely useful if new to the subject and have not yet found your forte. Its extremely useful, knoweldgeable, frequently funny, but above all FRIENDLY. Don't the other boards realise that by giving interpretations, someone else may be learning from them. I certainly do - or am I the odd one in this? Or are they trying to keep astrology from the masses? When they only have to delve into their history books to discover astrology was popular, and is becoming so again. Ever repeating circles - isn't that what astrology is about - the planets revolving around the sun?

take care

hel

Humanitarian

You are apsolutely right! Someone who do not allow free communications and answers to questions is scared of mistakes (that means he/she does not know astrology well, and second, loves money a lot so he/she wish to ask him/her to read your question and to pay him/her). I hate that peole who does not want to share knowledge for free.
Once I sent theoretical question at same time to Lee Lehman and webmaster of Tara Astrology. From Tara astrology I emediately get answer, but from Lee Lehman I get question:"Do you wish to schedule consusltation?" I could not believe that she want to remunarate one theoretical answer. And I answer to her:"No, I do not want to schedule consiultation with you , because webmaster of Tara Astrology sent me answer FOR FREE".
Me too! I share my knowledge for everyone for free, especially since I believe in anarcho-communism, which don't like charging for astro services because the need for abolishing money of real communism

JUPITERASC

This thread was posted SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO
all comment until today
was posted seventeen years ago

UPDATE NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS :)

important to keep in mind that

There is no requirement for members to post comment - it's completely voluntary

ours is an astrological learning forum members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
and responses to threads could be from underage members who are beginners

with little or no experience but keen to learn by practice

clearly we have members with many years of astrological study completed :)
NEVERTHELESS many members have day jobs
and those of our members who ARE professionals

unsurprisingly DO NOT provide a complete professional reading for free

I would suggest it may not be the most prudent idea to give one's real name or physical location
on forums like this for reasons of privacy and personal safety.

Not to frighten you, but since this is the internet, advise you not to use anything resembling your real name or to geolocate yourself; in other words, as much as possible, be X from ZYX.
Please do not give out personal information. No one here has a right or need to ask you to.
:)

Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted
or changed at the AW forum. You can delete any of your own posts at any time

or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

Last edited: