Astrological Psychology

DevilshAngel

Is Astrological Psychology an actual profession? I've always been strongly interested in psychology, but after starting to study Astrology I find it hard. I learn the theories, but I can't stop thinking well maybe they have this placement or that or blah or blah. Or there Clinical/Counseling Psychologists that use Astrology? I would love that.

Saturnian

Is Astrological Psychology an actual profession? I've always been strongly interested in psychology, but after starting to study Astrology I find it hard. I learn the theories, but I can't stop thinking well maybe they have this placement or that or blah or blah. Or there Clinical/Counseling Psychologists that use Astrology? I would love that.

I think there is,read it somewhere can't remember where.But you know...when there are patients who believe in astrology it is likely that they will want phychologists who know astrology.

iSelf

Delvish, I believe you should read some things on Carl Jung. Freud's greatest disciple, and, in my opinion, the most important investigator on Psychology in the 20th century.

He got interested in Astrology, and actually started applying it on pacients, to better understand the human psyche. There are Psychologists that use Astrology, even though not openly, since it isn't accepted in society, yet. But I do believe that in our time Astrology will gain status, as a science.

I'll leave you with Jung's letter to Freud on Astrology:

"Occultism is another field we shall have to conquer - with the aid of the libido theory, it seems to me. At the moment I am looking into astrology, which seems indispensable for a proper understanding of mythology. There are strange and wondrous things in these lands of darkness."

Jung, then, cautiously added: "Please don't worry about my wanderings in these infinitudes. I shall return laden with rich booty for our knowledge of the human psyche.... For a while longer I must intoxicate myself on magic perfumes in order to fathom the secrets that lie hidden in the abysses of the unconscious..."

Freud responded: "I am aware that you are driven by innermost inclination to the study of the occult and I am sure you will return home richly laden. I cannot argue with that, it is always right to go where your impulses lead." Freud, then, added this prophetic caution: "You will be accused of mysticism, but the reputation you won with the Dementia will hold up for quite some time against that. Just don't stay in the tropical colonies too long, you must reign at home."

Interesting, hmm?

JerryRR

I recommend,'Hymns to the Ancient Gods.'by Michael Harding.(Arkana)1992

'In 1934 Jung published an address in Zentralblatt fur Psychotherapie which still deserves our inspection.It is an important document,not just because it shows an aspect of Jung not always recognized,but because we can quite clearly see how archetypal theories are actually put into practice.The prejudices and assumptions of the day are being woven into a complex tapestry,which is then used to cover some glaring architectural blemishes.It is a passage all astrologers should read,perhaps while substituting 'Jew' with Libra,or 'women' with 'Cancer' (or whatever ) our own generalities can sweep us wildly as any of Jung's.'

Chapter 3.The Selective Unconscious:Archetype,Race and Illusion.

J. :)

Almutem

I agree with iself. Carl Jung is the most reliable source for astro psychology as he incorporates, myths, archetypes and symbols.