Absence of elements in your chart

chei star

I have no air in my chart at all, it's made up of earth and water with the Ascendant and Venus in fire signs.

Not sure what to make of it.

I love to write and I can talk my way out of anything. I speak and people will listen. I love meaningful conversation and philosophising. I can talk for hours with someone who is on a similar level to me. I am gifted academically, but I dislike Science and Maths.

I suppose I am not the most sociable of people. I feel quite uncomfortable in large groups and nothing makes me feel more awkward than trying to make small talk with a stranger!! Really.. I absolutely loathe it. Not just when we run out of things to say, but as soon as the conversation starts. Why, why, why.. what is the point!!

I make friends easily but generally not with everyone. In a group I am usually accepted quite quickly by one, maybe two people, and the rest of the group will dislike me or think I'm a bit weird or something, I don't know.

I am very dominated by Water/Earth and find that my energy levels are mostly low and frequently hear myself saying the words "I can't be bothered". Or "I'll do it later" (which I never do).

Any one else have an absence of certain elements in their chart.. Particularly Air or Fire... How do you find this?? What are the good points and bad points??

claudkais

nothing makes me feel more awkward than trying to make small talk with a stranger!! Really.. I absolutely loathe it. Not just when we run out of things to say, but as soon as the conversation starts. Why, why, why.. what is the point!!
I think that would be where your lack of air shows :)

As a mostly water based person my Libra sun is sometimes so weird to me. While on the inside I totally understand where you're coming from, small talk is basically pointless. But on the other hand for me, participating in small talk is soo easy and I also usually enjoy it! I love asking people about themselves and getting to know them, regardless if I'll ever see them again and I can talk about pretty much anything if I'm in the right mood.

I noticed your thread for another reason though, I have a lack of earth. While I do have uranus and neptune in capricorn, they fall in my 1st house of Sagittarius, so I rarely feel the earthy-ness. My mind is seldom still, I don't always feel a connection to this world, I don't feel grounded -- though I find everywhere is able to become a home -- I have trouble making goals and sticking to them and I don't usually do things the 'practical' way, and you can bet my virgo and capricorn friends call me out on that :annoyed: haha

astro11

I have a lack of earth, only Neptune in Capricorn. Moreover, I don't have any planets in the second or sixth house and just Venus in the tenth. I often don't feel "grounded" to the earth and am not that interested in talking about or doing mundane affairs. I feel that I am lacking a sense of practicality in that I have to be told things that others would consider common sense, it honestly just doesn't occur to me. I get very bored if I have to follow a routine or am only working on one project at a time.

I have a dominance of fire and air, especially fire. I think people perceive my ideas to be very creative, unique and innovative yet somewhat "far out". I like discussion of abstract ideas, potentials, metaphysical, esoteric, occult topics, in short things that have to first be believed and then seen.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I also have no planets in Earth in my chart, and only one planet in an Earth house. I am predominantly Fire and Air.

I would describe myself as astro11 said - "ungrounded"! I do attempt to do things that will help keep me rooted - like gardening. I feel those kinds of activities do help to keep me centred. I also like to wear earth-toned clothes when I am feeling disconnected and ungrounded.:joyful:

I also feel like this lack of Earth makes me feel a little detached from my body; I often don't feel comfortable in my body, nor "within" my body.

I certainly have no lack of ideas and tend to do more than one thing at once, but I can be unfocused with too many thoughts running through my head at once!

Last edited:

waybread

chei star, can you post your chart? It is possible you have planets in your third or 9th houses, or that Mercury is an important planet in your chart.

tautomer

I have no fire at all. No planets, no ascendent, no midhaven. Zip, zero, none. Further, the three fire ruling planets aren't terribly happy. Mars is in it's fall of cancer, jupiter is in its detriment of gemini, and the sun is in taurus which mutes the fire energy of the sun. Only fire influences I have is two planets in fire ruled houses. Pluto in 1st, and mars in 9th. All things considered I have the strongest water influence, followed by air, then earth.

The bad points of it is, in my younger years I had very little self confidance and couldn't well stand up for myself. I was afraid to lead, be in charge, or in any way go over anyone. I also had trouble getting things started, and getting them out of the idea phase.

I can't "battle" people unless I KNOW I will win. If I am unsure I often don't try. Often out of fear.

Having a lack of fire though has forced me to learn to operate in different ways to compensate, and it gives me a different perspective on things. I have learned to be a pretty good leader, start things off, and I now have a good chunk of self confidance.

Overall my presence just overall has a lack of fire to it. Hard to explain. You'd just have to meet me to understand.

chei star

chei star, can you post your chart? It is possible you have planets in your third or 9th houses, or that Mercury is an important planet in your chart.
I've attached my chart to this reply.

I have Moon quintile Mercury, and Mercury is conjunct the Sun, Mars and Pluto, trine Jupiter, and sextile Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. There are no oppositions or squares to Mercury :) Now that you mention it, I guess this is definitely an adequate substitute for having no Air in my chart. I believe my future career will involve plenty of writing and communication.. Just not sure where to apply my talents!

What I am in need of is some fiery passion and motivation to get me going..

Attachments

• astro_2at_01_becci_54957_15841.jpg
    astro_2at_01_becci_54957_15841.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

chei star

I can't "battle" people unless I KNOW I will win. If I am unsure I often don't try. Often out of fear.

I am similar with a lack of fire. My boyfriend says he has never known someone to avoid conflict as much as I do. Unfortunately, with lots of squares to my Aries ascendant, I tend to attract some quite aggressive energy into my life. I would do anything to avoid 'battles' but when they are staring me in the face my impulsive Aries energy can't help itself, even if I know I can never win... If I have a serious fight with someone I feel awful right deep down in my soul for a long time afterwards. Displaying intense feelings of anger, aggression, passion etc leaves me feeling so embarrassed, twisted and uncomfortable inside.

I can be very passive-aggressive.

Last edited:

bittermoon

i only have 1 planet in fire, my chart ruler neptune in sag. and only 1 planet in earth, pluto on virgo. i don't really notice the lack of fire so much, maybe bc i do have my sun and mercury in a fire house? having said that, i either start something very impulsively, or i procrastinate til the cows come home. all or nothing. i also don't like confrontation at all and i do tend to get passive-agressive (moon in 12th?) though i'm pretty aware of this so it doesn't happen so often anymore.

the lack of earth is troubling, though. i find it very hard to ground myself in each and every way. i also often feel very detached from everything i see around me. i don't seem to fit in anywhere, and it actually sometimes makes me envious of others who do, even though i don't want their lifestyle (marriage, mortgage, kids) by any stretch of the imagination.

waybread

chei star, with your big stellium in Scorpio, you have the soul of a detective. This doesn't necessarily indicate being a "private eye" but at some level, you like to ferret out secrets till you arrive at the truth. With your 7th house emphasis, you would be suited for one-on-one psychotherapy. Other sleuthing-type occupations include insurance investigator, historian or archaeologist (what really happened?), title searcher (land records), or investigative reporter. In a whole-sign house system, these planets move to the 8th house, which can indicate a very private individual.

Uranus conjunct MC shows up in a lot of astrologers' charts, although many well-known astrologers don't have this placement. How serious are you about chart-reading for people? (Caution-- many astrologers also need a day job.)

Mercury rules your third house of thought and communication. Mercury conjunct sun can indicate someone who identifies (sun) with her intelligence and communicative abilities (Mercury.)

I think you've assessed the issues with your Aries rising. With your big Capricorn stellium squaring them, conflict tends to blow up in your face. However, it is a rule of psychological astrology, that if you can't own or incorporate a planet's energy constructively in your own life, you tend to attract people who exemplify it for you.

Your Mars is actually very strong, as the traditional ruler of its own sign of Scorpio. In the 7th house, you might express it by actively taking up a partner sport, such as tennis, racquet ball, handball, or squash; or even fencing. If you live in a large city, you've got some options! Or try an Eastern martial art. Wear more red. Find some hematite jewlry. The main thing is to express your Mars nature in a take-charge, constructive way.

The main issues I see in your chart are your home/career conflict with your third/10th opposition. Jupiter is usually not too difficult, but Chiron can be the Big Ouch. This may also show up as a difficult childhood affecting your adult extroversion. But with that domiciled Saturn in Capricorn conjunct your MC, you probably have some administrative (organizational) ability, as well as a lot of staying power once you do set your mind on something.

chei star

chei star, with your big stellium in Scorpio, you have the soul of a detective. This doesn't necessarily indicate being a "private eye" but at some level, you like to ferret out secrets till you arrive at the truth. With your 7th house emphasis, you would be suited for one-on-one psychotherapy. Other sleuthing-type occupations include insurance investigator, historian or archaeologist (what really happened?), title searcher (land records), or investigative reporter. In a whole-sign house system, these planets move to the 8th house, which can indicate a very private individual.

Uranus conjunct MC shows up in a lot of astrologers' charts, although many well-known astrologers don't have this placement. How serious are you about chart-reading for people? (Caution-- many astrologers also need a day job.)
Really, fantastic. I am studying History as my degree although no idea where I'm going to go with it. You are right, I do want to be a professional astrologer but also aware of the need for a day job and that's what I've been unsure about.

Mercury rules your third house of thought and communication. Mercury conjunct sun can indicate someone who identifies (sun) with her intelligence and communicative abilities (Mercury.)

This is true :)

I think you've assessed the issues with your Aries rising. With your big Capricorn stellium squaring them, conflict tends to blow up in your face. However, it is a rule of psychological astrology, that if you can't own or incorporate a planet's energy constructively in your own life, you tend to attract people who exemplify it for you.

Yes, I need to be more assertive. Definitely. Being passive is sometimes my biggest downfall and leads to the most conflicts.

Your Mars is actually very strong, as the traditional ruler of its own sign of Scorpio. In the 7th house, you might express it by actively taking up a partner sport, such as tennis, racquet ball, handball, or squash; or even fencing. If you live in a large city, you've got some options! Or try an Eastern martial art. Wear more red. Find some hematite jewlry. The main thing is to express your Mars nature in a take-charge, constructive way.

I'm not a big lover of sports, but tennis is one of my favourites. Maybe I will take up a class as I do live in a big city :) I love the colour red but only own one item of clothing that is red! I should buy more because people say it suits me.

The main issues I see in your chart are your home/career conflict with your third/10th opposition. Jupiter is usually not too difficult, but Chiron can be the Big Ouch. This may also show up as a difficult childhood affecting your adult extroversion. But with that domiciled Saturn in Capricorn conjunct your MC, you probably have some administrative (organizational) ability, as well as a lot of staying power once you do set your mind on something.

The first professional chart reading highlighted the opposition between Jupiter and my 10th house planets and I do identify with a lot of struggles in this department. I struggle with the desire to be a home maker and the desire to be a professional, it very much feels like my desires and ambitions are always pulling in opposite directions.

You are right about my upbringing. I won't go into detail but you are definitely right.

Thank you so much for your helpful and accurate reading :)

waybread

Thank you for your feedback!

Highly recommended if you've not read it already: Josephine Tey, The Daughter of Time. Re: history as detective work.

Prisma

My few elements of earth are my Asc and 2 planets who are in earth ruled houses: Jupiter in the 5th (5th ruled by Capricorn, whose ruler, Saturn, is in the 10th); and My Pluto in Libra, wich is in the first house Virgo Asc.

I sometimes feel "dispersed", I need rutine and structure, and sometimes it is dificult (and sometimes boring, but... when I do get organized, anxiety goes down and it has also help me, after much work, to acomplish important goals.

Also, been a Cancer, nonetheless I do have little of water element: just the Sun & Mercury. Neptune is in Sag, in the 3rd house ruled by Scorpio & in Piscis, ruler of the 7th, i have my PoF.

Most of my chart is Air & fire.

Attachments

• my chart-whiteout.jpg
    my chart-whiteout.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 31

gen6k

you guys might want to check out your midpoint trees.

let me explain mine.

Sun:
Mercury - Pluto sq
Venus - Pluto sq

Moon:
Jupiter - As sq
Jupiter - Saturn op
Jupiter - Neptune op

mercury and venus represents my sun's two main interests.

the moon has an inflated sense of jupterism which is in gemini. it gives it a neutral-like quality to jupiter. there is also saturn which makes my emotions serious, but also neptunian and oceanic.

the square represents some kind of high intensity depending on the rest of the chart, and it can also represent warping from it. since pluto consumes it is hard to cope with both. the opposition manifests more juggling sides, or together.

this is because in the natal chart mercury and venus are cazimi and in 11th house of ideals. it takes precedence over pluto in some stances. one could see what the midpoint represents through other measurements, but its as important than connections to the sun or moon. maybe not in a regulatory type of thing, but inclinations and dispositions.

Last edited:

GEMINI78

I have all mostly all Air and Fire elements and two waters. NO EARTH! I have an extremely hard time being discipline and grounded. I'm working on my weaknesses daily.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have no fire at all.

You might want to look at your 2ndary Progressed chart(I used Quotidian Standard). My natal chart from 63 years ago has no water, but now, after 62 years, while low in water I do have some. 63 years ago the strongest element was air, followed by fire, and then earth with no water at all.

But more than 13 months ago with my Sun having progressed into Leo from Gemini, Fire is the strongest element with earth second, water third, and air almost non-existant. And I have more of the fire response to things now. I'm much quicker to flame up.

I'm a strong believer that as we change over the years our charts should change, and what's more that if we move far(as I have done over the past year) that we should change the locality of the progressed chart. Interestingly, another member of this forum (Alice M.) recent confirmed that she's seen this in geezers like me.

What's more, these elements changed again when I moved from PA to Maine 650 miles northeast. Fire is now clearly the strongest, but Water(which was non-existant at birth) is a very close second. And that pretty much matches my new experience of life.:andy:

The progressed relocated chart can show some real changes in your elements and these changes are probably representative of your relationship to your surroundings if you observe it.

Last edited: