Sexual attraction - the role of Venus and Mars aspects.

astro11

I've met 4 men so far who had their natal venus conjunct my natal mars (in cancer) or their natal mars conjunct my natal venus ( in Gemini) both within a relatively tight orb, I was never sexually attracted to any of them. I found the common thread was at first I liked them a lot but later on I started to strongly despise them. This also makes sense because you are combining love (venus) with aggression (mars). However, I do see natal Venus-Mars contacts fairly often in other people's romantic or sexual attraction. Usually, if the natal contacts are not there or the orb is too wide, the Venus-Mars contacts will be there in converse or secondary progressions. For example, person A's converse Venus conjunct person B's progressed or natal Mars or person A's natal Venus oppose person B's progressed or converse Mars etc.

In my practice with clients, without exception Venus-Pluto aspects (especially the hard ones) reveal an obsessive compulsive relationship marked by power issues, intense emotions, extreme feelings, jealousy and possession.

A lot of the time I notice that Sun conjunct Mars in a tight orb reveals heat and sexual tension but the partners also tend to fight and disagree a lot.

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Does vesta have impact on sexual attraction
To be honest, if Venus-Mars-Moon don't show it, none of these asteroids/stars by themselves are going to either. I work without asteroids and feel that those that like to use them or stars, should do so only as 'support material'.

Another thing, don't just look at the personal planets conjoining or opposing eachother. Also, look at if Saturn, Ura, Nep, Plu are in play.

With Saturn - there might be something hampering, slow start, difficulty to get started at all due to some heaviness/ burden/ push back felt by one side from another.

With Ura in the play, it might be just some excitement, a moment of adrenaline; an instant, but probably not long-lasting attraction, more like a curious infatuation to experience something different.

With Neptune, it could be platonic without much manifestation, something where one completely idealizes the other, long geographical distance can be involved, much suffering can be involved because circumstances might not allow manifestation. In rare cases and with much support from other planets, it could mean total merging with one another. Neptune can also mean intense and sometimes unrequited longing for someone.

Pluto can bring a compelling and obsessive desire, so much so that one party might stalk the other, it can involve that smothering/suffocating kind of love (or actually unhealthy obsession), it can also mean abnormal/ immoral/ hidden/ perverse attraction, can mean that one wants to possess the other with some kind of sabotaging involved: anything that is not completely normal (and a bit shadowy/dark)

Last edited:

theV

To be honest, if Venus-Mars-Moon don't show it, none of these asteroids/stars by themselves are going to either. I work without asteroids and feel that those that like to use them or stars, should do so only as 'support material'.

Another thing, don't just look at the personal planets conjoining or opposing eachother. Also, look at if Saturn, Ura, Nep, Plu are in play.

With Saturn - there might be something hampering, slow start, difficulty to get started at all due to some heaviness/ burden/ push back felt by one side from another.

With Ura in the play, it might be just some excitement, a moment of adrenaline; an instant, but probably not long-lasting attraction, more like a curious infatuation to experience something different. As you mentioned, Asteroids works as support material.

With Neptune, it could be platonic without much manifestation, something where one completely idealizes the other, long geographical distance can be involved, much suffering can be involved because circumstances might not allow manifestation. In rare cases and with much support from other planets, it could mean total merging with one another. Neptune can also mean intense and sometimes unrequited longing for someone.

Pluto can bring a compelling and obsessive desire, so much so that one party might stalk the other, it can involve that smothering/suffocating kind of love (or actually unhealthy obsession), it can also mean abnormal/ immoral/ hidden/ perverse attraction, can mean that one wants to possess the other with some kind of sabotaging involved: anything that is not completely normal (and a bit shadowy/dark)

My comment goes way back to the first time I started studying asteroids. I was confused then of their significance in the birth chart. Now I limit my reading to personal planets as primary signification.

ZeraNika98

Sexual attraction between two people is very complex, but Venus and Mars certainly play a big part.

I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this.

I have noticed that the strongest sexual attraction between two people is Venus in one chart conjunction to the Mars in the other, along with considerable sexual tension. Aspects are also important so that Mars in one in trine to Venus in the other is also highly attractive to both. Mars in one in square to Venus in the other also has strong attraction, but it becomes out of sync and arguments and emotional misunderstandings easily occur.

People with Venus and Mars in conjunction will be enormously attracted to those with the same position. A good example is David Beckham and Posh, both of whom have natal Mars Venus conjunctions close to one another. A lot of people, especially in England, scratch their heads over those two, but there is no doubt that in private they rock …

Mars in one conjunct Mars in the other is also attractive to both, with some likelihood of competitiveness and quarrelling. Venus in one conjunct Venus in the other is a friend, as Venus is a passive influence mostly. If the Sun is involved there is often a deep sense of affection. Though there are couples who are highly attracted to one another who seem to love nothing more than to continually argue and fight … they will often share strong mutual Mars aspects. One of the happiest marriages I know of the couple have Mars square Mars. They fight continually, argue in public and are always causing “scenes”, but they always go home together.

Venus in any aspect to Mars (or Uranus or Pluto) in the natal chart makes one “sexy” and attracts people with similar aspects.

I don’t know if this applies to gay couples as I do not have enough examples.

So if you meet someone who has Mars on your Venus, or Venus on your Mars, watch out …

Is the attraction still strong with trines and sextiles to one another? Double whammy maybe?

I was having this 4-yr. Crush on a dude I had been friends with since highschool. By the time I got to college, met another guy and wasnt initially attracted to him, but somehow, the eye contact that we often made slowly built up some tension there. We'd be groupmates but would only utter a few words to eachother. The eye contact thingy from across the room that we would make could just make my heart stop sometimes. It was because of this that I had forgotten my long-time feelings for my highschool friend lol.

Apparently:

His sun square my venus
His venus square my venus
But his mars trine my venus
My mars sextile his venus
My sun trine his moon
His moon opposite my sun
His moon falls in my 7th house, I'm not sure with his house placements tho.
His sun is also in my 8th house. Ah lol. Asdjkdjs haha.

Somehow, I really like him. But I dont even know him. But the eye thing drives me crazy sometimes and its really surprising for me since I'm not usually like this with something little as eye contact. XD

Claire19

Sexual attraction between two people is very complex, but Venus and Mars certainly play a big part.

I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this.

I have noticed that the strongest sexual attraction between two people is Venus in one chart conjunction to the Mars in the other, along with considerable sexual tension. Aspects are also important so that Mars in one in trine to Venus in the other is also highly attractive to both. Mars in one in square to Venus in the other also has strong attraction, but it becomes out of sync and arguments and emotional misunderstandings easily occur.

People with Venus and Mars in conjunction will be enormously attracted to those with the same position. A good example is David Beckham and Posh, both of whom have natal Mars Venus conjunctions close to one another. A lot of people, especially in England, scratch their heads over those two, but there is no doubt that in private they rock …

Mars in one conjunct Mars in the other is also attractive to both, with some likelihood of competitiveness and quarrelling. Venus in one conjunct Venus in the other is a friend, as Venus is a passive influence mostly. If the Sun is involved there is often a deep sense of affection. Though there are couples who are highly attracted to one another who seem to love nothing more than to continually argue and fight … they will often share strong mutual Mars aspects. One of the happiest marriages I know of the couple have Mars square Mars. They fight continually, argue in public and are always causing “scenes”, but they always go home together.

Venus in any aspect to Mars (or Uranus or Pluto) in the natal chart makes one “sexy” and attracts people with similar aspects.

I don’t know if this applies to gay couples as I do not have enough examples.

So if you meet someone who has Mars on your Venus, or Venus on your Mars, watch out …

Ideally the man's Venus is on the woman's Mars but there are many aspects that can denote sexual attraction and Pluto in the mix for sure. THe ascendant and its aspects are very important for body image and mannerisms particularly at first impression. The 8th house is traditionally sexual orgasm but the 5th denotes romance and fun times.. For any enduring connection Saturn needs to be present.

ChildOfVenus

Mars sextile Mars, Mars conjunct Mars, Mars trine Mars and Moon/Mars is what you want to look for if you want sexual chemistry and attraction.

ChildOfVenus

Not necessarily. It depends on where the Mars falls and other aspects. It can denote conflict and even aggression. Positively it is energy and action.

I have Mars conjunct Mars with someone in synastry and it does. I’ve also had Mars trine Mars with a guy and it was nice as well.