Place of Birth and Place of stay

vadiraj

Hello Forum Members,

If your current predictions are based on the date of birth and place of birth, will the current place of stay matter in predictions.

For e.g. I am born in India but am staying in the east coast of the US now.

Thanks.
V

Osamenor

Staff member
It matters if you're casting a solar return chart. Where you are when you have your solar return determines your solar return houses, which are a crucial part of the interpretation. For a solar return chart, always change the reference place to your current location (or the location you'll be in on your birthday, if different).

If all you're looking at is transits, they're the same no matter where in the world you are.

tenacapcious

It matters if you're casting a solar return chart. Where you are when you have your solar return determines your solar return houses, which are a crucial part of the interpretation. For a solar return chart, always change the reference place to your current location (or the location you'll be in on your birthday, if different).

If all you're looking at is transits, they're the same no matter where in the world you are.

Is what you're referring to also known as a relocation chart? As I'm typing this, I suddenly think it's probably not, but I don't know.

Osamenor

Staff member
Is what you're referring to also known as a relocation chart? As I'm typing this, I suddenly think it's probably not, but I don't know.

No. A solar return chart is a chart cast at the exact moment when the sun reaches the exact degree and minute it was at when you were born. That happens every year, on your birthday or possibly a day or two before or after. A relocation chart is your birth chart recast as if you were born in the place you have moved to or are considering moving to.

Solar return charts set the tone for the year ahead. What solar return houses have concentrations of planets, what aspects are in your solar return chart, what aspects the solar return chart makes with your natal planets, where your solar return angles are in relation to your natal chart... all that tells you something about what's on deck for you right now. If a theme in your solar return chart is echoed in your transits and/or progressions, it's more likely to manifest in a noticeable way.

Relocation charts give you a clue as to what is likely to work out for you (or not) if you move to a particular location. At least, that's my understanding of them.

unique_astrology

I am 75 years old. I was moved from my place of birth at 3 or 4. Moved from that location when I was 18 for several years. Served in the military in a foreign country. Moved to a new location when I left the military. Worked in construction for decades moving around the country from coast to coast and border to border (U.S.) frequently for job sites before settling in my current location because of an injury. In charting my life for almost 45 years (first major event at the age of 9) I have found location charts to work more often than birth place. The only difference in aspects from transiting or progressed planets is to the relocated chart angles.

Because of my learning using my own chart I use locality charts for the charts I work on regarding others. Eschewing houses and signs I must depend on aspects to chart angles from planets and midpoints to furnish appropriate symbolism for readings.

Both locations can be checked for all past events to get a feel for which you prefer.

Last edited:

waybread

Try a relocated chart and see if it seems more like your real life now than your natal chart.

You can cast both on the free charts pages at www.astro.com .

Generally, we have to move a long distance from our birth place to see much difference between the two charts. But you've done that.

Sometimes a big move has a major impact on a person's life. Relocation charts reflect that.