Squares--emotional and physical distance

melisa

Hello---
I am attaching the synastry chart of my long-term partnership. I feel concerned since our time together is limited (family and work obligations). Also, though we are both double water signs, he is not romantic or that emotionally verbal (hs VIrgo moon perhaps?). So there is distance. I am wondering about any feedback anyone seesin the synastry?I was unable to add transits from astro.com.

Thank you

Melisa

Attachments

• Synastry1.gif
    Synastry1.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 24

ashriia

Hi Melissa, :smile:

I am very much still a novice, in regard to synastry charts. But a few things did stand out to me in your charts. Seems karma brought you two together you have nodal conjunctions, your NN conjunct his moon. his NN conjunct your Uranus. My novice guess to your query here is your chiron conjunct his sun, looks like a pretty tight conjunction too.
His sun is shedding light on your wounds. Is this distance harder for you, then it is for him? wondering how that is working from his end, maybe he doesn't see a problem?

the DC/IC MC/AC dynamics + your Uranus conjunct his n. node. make me wonder if you moved to be with him? or did you meet online?

feedback would be greatly appreciated.

melisa

Hi Ashriia---
Thanks for the info. Re: how we met, through a mutual friend dealing with computers (re: the Uranus connection you had insight about). I hadn't thought about the AC/MC DC IC connections you pointed out---interesting----yes my Leo ascend matches his Leo MC, and my Aquarius descendant matches his 4th house.....is that related to me moving to be with him (I haven't done that yet)?
You are right---he doesn't see the distance as a problem, and says he has just never been very romantic, and that he is realistic that right now obligations prevent us from spending more time together. I however feel "abandoned" because of the distance.....this may be related to what you said about my Chiron tightly conjunct his Sun. I am wondering if, along with my pain, wounds and healing being triggered by the light of his Sun, whether his life (Sun) is being influenced by my pain, wounds and healing...meaning I wonder if aspects work both ways.

Thanks
Melisa

melisa

Hi
I am also seeing that we have many "hard" and "easy" Saturn connections (my Saturn sextile his Venus, his Saturn squares my Moon and Mars, his Saturn oppose my Mercury) and Mars ones (his Mars exactly inconjunct my Venus, his Mars square my Moon and my Mars, my Mars sextile his Venus and his Sun) and we each have Mars conjunct the other's 7th. I wonder if this causes push-pull between us. i am not seeing reasons for lack of romantic words in the charts-----I would think all the water would stimulate this but it doesn't....maybe it's his Virgo moon, or all the Saturn aspects?

Thanks
Melisa

ashriia

Hi
I am also seeing that we have many "hard" and "easy" Saturn connections (my Saturn sextile his Venus, his Saturn squares my Moon and Mars, his Saturn oppose my Mercury) and Mars ones (his Mars exactly inconjunct my Venus, his Mars square my Moon and my Mars, my Mars sextile his Venus and his Sun) and we each have Mars conjunct the other's 7th. I wonder if this causes push-pull between us. i am not seeing reasons for lack of romantic words in the charts-----I would think all the water would stimulate this but it doesn't....maybe it's his Virgo moon, or all the Saturn aspects?

Thanks
Melisa

I think more than likely the Saturn aspects would cause the lack/absence of. But this is likely shown in your natal chart as well, aspects to venus and i'd look into your oppositions if you have any natally, especially if Saturn is opposite moon or venus or something like that. As we address those planetary energies via others.

Virgo moons are not really distant, in my opinion. That is aquarian moon territory. Some virgo moons can be very emotionally and physically demonstrative, the aspects would need to be looked at though of course. They excel at fault finding though, hahah :biggrin: my ex was a virgo moon. no offense meant to anyone, don't want to get myself banned here. :bandit:

hope this helps.

melisa

Hi
You are right, in my natal there is a opposition between Venus and Saturn, so part of this distance is coming from me. You asked about his Virgo moon aspects-----it is sextile his Neptune and inconjunct his Mars....in synastry it is sextile my Sun moon and Venus, trine my Saturn and as you pointed out earlier, it is conjunct my Node.
Part of the distance in synastry may come from his Merc and Saturn are opposing my Mercury, leading to inhibitions in communication.

Thanks
Melisa

Krewster

Being a tight-orb guy, I'm not seeing Sat problems you describe in the synastry (which is mostly 5-ish degrees loose).

But yes there's Sat in both the natals his (being 135 to the Moon -1.11 orb tight- making him non-communicative with any partner) and yours (being the oppo to Sun/Ven as you know).

Back on the synastry:

-his Uran 45's your Sun (49 min) and more loosely your Ven, keeping you on your toes (in an unsettling sense);

-his Sun triangulates your Ven oppo Sat into one of those 45-135-180 triangles; and

-his Mars triangulates your Sun/Ven 120 Moon into one of those 120-150-90 triangles.

The glue (good aspects) are lovely though looser.

melisa

Hi Krewster---
Thank you for the time and effort you put into your reply. You wrote in part---
his Sun triangulates your Ven oppo Sat into one of those 45-135-180 triangles; and

-his Mars triangulates your Sun/Ven 120 Moon into one of those 120-150-90 triangles.
-----Do you mean by "triangulates" that you are looking at how his one planet "connects with" 2 of mine? So his planet re-activates a certain pattern I was born with, and in return, my "pattern" influences him in the area of his planet?
-----You are right, the synastry Saturn connections (his Sat square my Moon and Mars, and oppose my Mercury, my Sat sextile his Venus and trine his Moon) are not super-tight. I thought they might be significant since they are reflected in the composite (loose Moon-Sat square)---a type of "double whammy".

Speaking of orbs, I took another look at our synastry---I wrote a new thread on this topic (exact orbs)----found these:
His Mars exactly inconjunct my Venus
his Juno exac trine my Jupiter
his Neptune exac sextlie my Vertex
his Uranus exac oppose my Ceres
his Vertex exac square my Node and 4th house cusp
----I interpret this as being a strong romatnic/physical attraction (especially since the Mars-Venus aspect is mutual for us---my Mars sextile his Venus)---I am not sure how to interpret the other aspects.

Thank you

Melisa

melisa

Hi again---
Another question if anyone has time---
his Uran 45's your Sun (49 min) and more loosely your Ven, keeping you on your toes (in an unsettling sense);

----I have read that semi-sextiles (30 degrees) is positive, and similar to a sextile-----
Can anyone describe what the 45 degree aspect means in synastry?

Thanks

Krewster

Yes, you "got" my use of the triangulation word.

As per your a.m. analogy (to the 30 being born of the 60 and so similar in nature), considering the 45 as similar in nature to the 90 may be a helpful starting point.

I'm more familiar with the synastric effect of 135's (same 8th harmonic as the 45) and confirm (when it is between one person's heavy planet and the other's personal - like your beau's Uran 45 to your Sun) that the former can't help/stop an automatic/unconscious reaction of trying to (in case of Uran) change the latter. Not a deal killer in itself because milder than the 90 (and probably slightly different in nature also) except that the heavy planet person doesn't know how to turn it off (unless you help them become aware...but still).

Re your mentioned asteroid aspects sorry have to defer.