What aspect brings major physical transformation?

summer92

I've undergone major physical transformation - weight and even my face to the extent that my own grand mother couldn't recognize me after a long time.I have relocated which changed my rising from Capricorn to Scorpio,and I'm obviously not a teenager anymore which could explain that I'm just growing up :) However the transformation is extremely drastic - my personality has changed as well - I've become very girly and proper - have a beauty regimen when I never did such things before (this is a recent development).I was quite tom boyish.

My family and friends brought my attention to this,so I was wondering what exactly could bring such a change - astrologically? Please quote your own experiences if you can! :)

fattail

Off the top of my head, Jupiter and Saturn crossing the Ascendant might cause a change. Or maybe a dasa or sub-dasa change.

Vista

It sounds like T Pluto crossed your ASC and moving through your 1st house, this will always be felt as a transformation whatever that might me! Sounds like you are doing well!

Vista
I've undergone major physical transformation - weight and even my face to the extent that my own grand mother couldn't recognize me after a long time.I have relocated which changed my rising from Capricorn to Scorpio,and I'm obviously not a teenager anymore which could explain that I'm just growing up :) However the transformation is extremely drastic - my personality has changed as well - I've become very girly and proper - have a beauty regimen when I never did such things before (this is a recent development).I was quite tom boyish.

My family and friends brought my attention to this,so I was wondering what exactly could bring such a change - astrologically? Please quote your own experiences if you can! :)

ashriia

I had something similar happen to me before I moved coasts. When T. Saturn was in my 12th, i lost quite alot of weight. and I continued to lose weight after it crossed my ascendant and i moved. Jupiter also crossed my ascendant around the time frame, and i began dressing very differently. Now that jupiter is in my 12th again, my sense of fashion has again altered entirely. So i'd take a look at your Jupiter and Saturn transits.

I think the relocated ascendant is more internal, rather than external. One thing that is really interesting is you'll probably begin meeting more scorpio and taurus type people/or people of those sun signs.

summer92

@fattail and @vista :- This is quite weird,cause when I had Pluto right on my ASC in 2009,my condition was extremely bad.I gained a lot of weight,and had no self confidence.Pluto is still on my first house and will be there for quite some time :( (I don't particularly like it).

I was thinking it wouldn't be generational or slow moving planets as the transformation is quite recent.The transformation is nice in the sense that the weight loss is great,however it has changed me so much in a way I wouldn't be comfortable with before.Although I was obese/overweight and didn't take care of my appearance,I prefer not giving a thought about what other people thought/or getting concerned about my appearance.

@ashriia: The only planet on my ascendant right now is Pluto and Jupiter is in my 6th.
Actually upon relocation,I'm meeting less Scorpio people (Never got along well with them,but knew loads of them in my birth place).Right now I'm meeting a lot of Capricorns/Cancerians.

Thank you all!! If anyone has gone through something similar,please quote your experiences :) xx

T

Teb

Pluto on the acc lost weight Jupiter will move into 6th this summer I hope I don't gain it back

M

may28gemini

If you natally have Pluto in the 1st house or esp. Pluto conj Asc, you'd transform a lot throughout your lifetime and without much thought given to it (as it would be innate).

If your natal rising is Capricorn, T Pluto Capricorn will occupy your 1st house for the next... 12 years (more or less) so you'll be transforming for awhile.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Since you haven't posted a chart(and you've removed all you previous posts where your chart was posted), it would be hard to tell what aspect is causing you physical transformation unless I could either read your mind or I was Clairvoyant.

However, in a general sense, the most transformative aspects are oppositions. They either transform or they cause a separation that is long lasting. The reason for this is that unlike a square which only required you to work your tail off to accomplish, the opposition requires a break through into an new kind of awareness. Usually the break is at the weakest point, which is the midpoint between the two planets. So if you are able to make the transformation, that point will define the kind of transformation that you have.

You can explore the point of transformation in several ways:

1. a planet on the point
2. an asteroid on the point
3. a fixed star on the point
4. an Arabic part on the point
5. looking at the various Symbol sets on the point such as the Sabian, Charubel, or Sepharial
6. making a persona chart for that point
7. hard aspects to the point such as another opposition which would show two sides of another possible break through with its own new point related to that one.

There are many more ways.

Last edited:

summer92

Since you haven't posted a chart(and you've removed all you previous posts where your chart was posted), it would be hard to tell what aspect is causing you physical transformation unless I could either read your mind or I was Clairvoyant.

However, in a general sense, the most transformative aspects are oppositions. They either transform or they cause a separation that is long lasting. The reason for this is that unlike a square which only required you to work your tail off to accomplish, the opposition requires a break through into an new kind of awareness. Usually the break is at the weakest point, which is the midpoint between the two planets. So if you are able to make the transformation, that point will define the kind of transformation that you have.

You can explore the point of transformation in several ways:

1. a planet on the point
2. an asteroid on the point
3. a fixed star on the point
4. an Arabic part on the point
5. looking at the various Symbol sets on the point such as the Sabian, Charubel, or Sepharial
6. making a persona chart for that point
7. hard aspects to the point such as another opposition which would show two sides of another possible break through with its own new point related to that one.

There are many more ways.

I didn't necessarily ask for a chart reading,which is why I didn't post it on here.I commented on the changes I've gone through,and was wondering if anyone on the forum had similar changes,and what went through their chart when this happened.

but in case you want to look at it : it's 10th april,1992 ; 11:52 PM ; Dubai,United arab emirates

Pluto has been on my rising for a long time and like the previous poster said I think it might be a very transformative process.

Thank you all for your contribution :) I was interested to hear people's experience when Jupiter hit the rising.When Jupiter was in my 1st House in 2007 I gained a lot of weight.The next time it conjuncts I'll be 27 years old,and I'm going to make sure I don't indulge this time!

M

may28gemini

I natally have Jupiter conjunct AC in 1st and I did not experience weight gain at all. When I was born, I was a small baby at slightly over 6lbs. When I was 12 and went through 1st Jupiter's return, I lost weight. When I was 24 and had my 2nd Jupiter return, I had also lost weight.

summer92

I natally have Jupiter conjunct AC in 1st and I did not experience weight gain at all. When I was born, I was a small baby at slightly over 6lbs. When I was 12 and went through 1st Jupiter's return, I lost weight. When I was 24 and had my 2nd Jupiter return, I had also lost weight.

That's very weird :eek: Jupiter got me though,and I really hope it won't this time

Zarathu

Account Closed
Again.....

What am I likely to look at in a transformation?

First thing I want to look at is your 2ndary progressed chart which will show the challenges for the period. I need to remember that if I look at either of the major transformation planets, Uranus or Pluto, they must be connected in a progressed chart only with either fast moving planets or with points such as the 2ndary progressed MH or ASC and if they are aspecting Saturn or Jupiter, then they must be a tight aspect.

So I would look for oppositions, because its only through oppositions that a transformation is possible because you would have blasted through them in some way, either with help, or by personal motivation. If its personal motivation, then Saturn will need to be involved.

So... Lets look at the major oppositions in your 2ndary progressed chart.

You have three, and they are all obviously important:

1. Sun OPP MH(obviously your personal self and your projected self to the world are here) and the breaking point for these two is 7 Leo which is fairly close to Chiron, and very close to the Arabic points of Redemption and Siblings and family

2. Sun Opp Pluto(clearly your personal opposite the major planet of transformation) and the breaking point is 16 AQ which conjuncts the Parts of Liberty and Temperament, as well as Saturn(which you need for perseverance) WHICH IS NOT ONLY IN YOUR FIRST HOUSE BUT IS THE HOUSE RULER.
Saturn is also conjucnt the Asteroid Hybris which is all about breaking through limits in your life

Clearly number 2 here sets the stage.

I would now look at a personal chart for the 16AQ point to see how the transformation is working in your life.

3. Venus OPP MH which has a mid point of 1 AQR which is conjunct DuDu and the Arabic parts of Mother, daughters, offspring. While this has an impact here, without knowing more about you as a person(I've not read all your other questions here on the forum) I don't know whether this is a transformative even or a pull-away one

Other astrologers would do something completely different, and those techniques are just as valid since there are so many evidences of things in different ways as show in the chart.

summer92

Thank you Zarathu! That was extremely interesting as I have never worked with Asteroids before,and will hopefully look into it once I'm done with exams.

I didn't really understand the third point - I'm pretty close to my mother,and I don't have any kids so far ( I don't really want to be a mother and I'm 21)

Thank you so much.That was interesting!

Again.....

What am I likely to look at in a transformation?

First thing I want to look at is your 2ndary progressed chart which will show the challenges for the period. I need to remember that if I look at either of the major transformation planets, Uranus or Pluto, they must be connected in a progressed chart only with either fast moving planets or with points such as the 2ndary progressed MH or ASC and if they are aspecting Saturn or Jupiter, then they must be a tight aspect.

So I would look for oppositions, because its only through oppositions that a transformation is possible because you would have blasted through them in some way, either with help, or by personal motivation. If its personal motivation, then Saturn will need to be involved.

So... Lets look at the major oppositions in your 2ndary progressed chart.

You have three, and they are all obviously important:

1. Sun OPP MH(obviously your personal self and your projected self to the world are here) and the breaking point for these two is 7 Leo which is fairly close to Chiron, and very close to the Arabic points of Redemption and Siblings and family

2. Sun Opp Pluto(clearly your personal opposite the major planet of transformation) and the breaking point is 16 AQ which conjuncts the Parts of Liberty and Temperament, as well as Saturn(which you need for perseverance) WHICH IS NOT ONLY IN YOUR FIRST HOUSE BUT IS THE HOUSE RULER.
Saturn is also conjucnt the Asteroid Hybris which is all about breaking through limits in your life

Clearly number 2 here sets the stage.

I would now look at a personal chart for the 16AQ point to see how the transformation is working in your life.

3. Venus OPP MH which has a mid point of 1 AQR which is conjunct DuDu and the Arabic parts of Mother, daughters, offspring. While this has an impact here, without knowing more about you as a person(I've not read all your other questions here on the forum) I don't know whether this is a transformative even or a pull-away one

Other astrologers would do something completely different, and those techniques are just as valid since there are so many evidences of things in different ways as show in the chart.

Zarathu

Account Closed
So to carry it further,

I would look for the Jupiter series return. Jupiter returns are only 12 years apart but you can break them down into 1/12's and by doing so see what things look like for the year ahead.

Transformations are either expansions or limitations. This is the 4th and 5th Quotient of my book THE SEVEN QUOTIENTS OF ASTROLOGY©. Expansions look first at Venus and Jupiter and branch out hugely from there.

In your 1/12 Jupiter Series return, which is where you live, at JULY 5, 2012, at 2:36 PM, you would immediately see the fact that Venus, ruler of your ASC is conjunct Jupiter in the 9th house. And Jupiter and Venus are the two least friction planets in this chart.

I didn't go any further, but I could, and I'm sure I would see all the earmarks of a transformation of some kind in the making.

M

may28gemini

That's very weird :eek: Jupiter got me though,and I really hope it won't this time

Not too "weird." This is just my experience so I'm curious about others' Jupiter return.

My natal Jupiter conjuncts Saturn and both those planets conjunct my AC (Saturn being exactly on my AC). Pluto is also in 1st and parallels to AC.

Whenever T Jupiter transitioned my 1st house, I would get Jupiter's return and conjunct Saturn all at once, and then conjunct Pluto. My natal Jupiter is 0 Libra and natal Pluto is late Libra so as long as T Jupiter is in Libra, my whole 1st house goes through massive change (not just losing weight).

I looked it up, I was actually 11 and 23 during the Jupiter's return. As soon as T Saturn entered Libra, it conjunct my AC. I was 28 when Saturn crossed my chart for Saturn's return and that point was when I was at my thinness but also most active (in every sense of the word) in my adult life.

Anytime anything transits my AC, it activates my natal Saturn which might be why I get the opposite effect but I'm not totally convinced that Jupiter transiting the 1st would make weight gain happen.

Yes, Jupiter is the great expander but that doesn't mean your body gets expanded when he transits your 1st. I learned a lot about myself and also had a huge wardrobe (I always do anyway but it expanded 2x) and I changed my style drastically and reinvented my image everyday, so that could be a big result from such transit. It's hard to pinpoint one particular thing or another at saying it was the sole work of a planet.

Last edited:

summer92

Not too "weird." This is just my experience so I'm curious about others' Jupiter return.

My natal Jupiter conjuncts Saturn and both those planets conjunct my AC (Saturn being exactly on my AC). Pluto is also in 1st and parallels to AC.

Whenever T Jupiter transitioned my 1st house, I would get Jupiter's return and conjunct Saturn all at once, and then conjunct Pluto. My natal Jupiter is 0 Libra and natal Pluto is late Libra so as long as T Jupiter is in Libra, my whole 1st house goes through massive change (not just losing weight).

I looked it up, I was actually 11 and 23 during the Jupiter's return. As soon as T Saturn entered Libra, it conjunct my AC. I was 28 when Saturn crossed my chart for Saturn's return and that point was when I was at my thinness but also most active (in every sense of the word) in my adult life.

Anytime anything transits my AC, it activates my natal Saturn which might be why I get the opposite effect but I'm not totally convinced that Jupiter transiting the 1st would make weight gain happen.

Yes, Jupiter is the great expander but that doesn't mean your body gets expanded when he transits your 1st. I learned a lot about myself and also had a huge wardrobe (I always do anyway but it expanded 2x) and I changed my style drastically and reinvented my image everyday, so that could be a big result from such transit. It's hard to pinpoint one particular thing or another at saying it was the sole work of a planet.

oh my wardrobe has extended the past two years :unsure::unsure: :ninja: and my style/image has changed as well.

M

may28gemini

Well there you go. Appearance gets altered in many ways. During my 2nd Jupiter return I grew my hair long and started dying it in natural colors. Before that, my hair was above shoulder length and I had it in crazy color schemes. I also dressed crazy before my return but afterwards, I learned to appreciate more "grown up" looks. I think that has something to with my Saturn though.

Point is, there's many ways Jupiter will express itself going through your 1st house once every 12 years.

lazarusx

On the topic of Jupiter. I have it natally in my 1st house, it conjuncts Moon and Mercury.

It will hit its return exactly in a couple of months when i turn 24. I have noticed however that since it moved back into my 1st house there's been a near obsessive quality with my physical appearance. I've never had weight issues, in-fact it's difficult for me to put on weight because my metabolism is insanely high.

I've changed up my entire diet in the last couple of months towards heavy protein/carbs and focused on weightlifting.

Usually i'd never have the discipline to stick to something as strict as i've made this, but Saturn is transiting my natal Pluto in the 6th house; so daily activities has taken an entire overhaul.