Mercury pisces learning

or1000

So 12th house Mercury/Pisces Mercury learning can be frustrating. Takes an awful lot of trial and error for some. What do you think about this?

JUPITERASC

This is coming from a Traditional chart Mercury Leo H12 person.
I have heard that it is often simulated with Mercury Pisces.
I am a visual learner for sure and I soak up information very fast.
I have to know the bigger picture of any topic before looking into the smaller detail.
Almost don't have time to make any sort of note without putting what I've just picked up into practice?
When I make notes I don't understand them.
I'm starting to believe that I learn better in pictures?
Seems like my learning methods change
and I'd really like some that I can rely on.
So 12th house Mercury/Pisces Mercury learning can be frustrating.
Takes an awful lot of trial and error for some.
What do you think about this?
these are instructions HOW TO ATTACH A CHART :smile:
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

greybeard

I used to teach English down in Mexico.

I have Mercury in Aquarius, a Mercury which learns quickly just for the sake of learning; it doesn't have to be useful or practical.

After several years and many students I noticed that students with Mercury in Taurus just aggravated me to tears; they are so slow to learn, require repetition. Grrr. And then one day it dawned on me: Taurus Mercury may plod, but the moment they master a concept they put it to work, they give it practical application...unlike Aquarius who learns quickly and stores the new knowledge in a box full of abstractions.

And yes, Mercury in Pisces thinks in images. Mostly the rest of us think primarily with words; we are constantly jabbering to ourselves, a trait that hinders our spiritual growth.

Last edited:

or1000

I have Mercury in Aquarius, a Mercury which learns quickly just for the sake of learning; it doesn't have to be useful or practical.

After several years and many students I noticed that students with Mercury in Taurus just aggravated me to tears; they are so slow to learn, require repetition. Grrr. And then one day it dawned on me: Taurus Mercury may plod, but the moment they master a concept they put it to work, they give it practical application...unlike Aquarius who learns quickly and stores the new knowledge in a box full of abstractions.

Yes I completely get this. I have a mercury Leo in 12th house but a lot of other planets aspecting it in Aquarius. Very, very quick. But too quick for its own good at times and unable to store all of this information without putting it to the adventure of the Leo type learning.

Tactile and kinaesthetic before it will does stick, and definitely repetition for what I know of right now. Uranus expects to be able to grasp the most abstract of concepts.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Good points made there.

I can corroborate about Merc. in Aquarius being, albeit a quick learner, but not that adept at putting it to practical use, or even retaining often what it learnt so quickly. Taurus, very grounded a sign, is quite the opposite there. I also like the point made about Merc. in Pisces being quite visual and thinking in images and that link to spiritualism. I have a very pronounced Venus - exalted in Pisces and conjunct a strong, dignified Piscean Jupiter. I love escaping into my self-created reality loaded with peaceful, beautiful, utopian images.

And yes, Mercury in Pisces thinks in images. Mostly the rest of us think primarily with words; we are constantly jabbering to ourselves, a trait that hinders our spiritual growth.

Lin

Mercury connected with Neptune in any way would be one of the indications of issues of learning intellectual things (rather than physical-symbolic things). They are two separate types of learning.

There are things we "internalize" without having to learn by rote. And there are things we learn easily no matter WHAT the chart looks like because we have a talent for that thing.

So each person learns or fails to learn to different (astrological) reasons.
LIN

moonkat235

I have Mercury in Pisces in the 2nd house and I find that I am an extremely fast learner. School has been a breeze. I can absorb a huge amount of information and apply it in a practical way.

I find my style of learning is more intuitive. Everything fits together into a larger scheme/narrative. Storytelling is a gift I possess and writing in abstractions is also quite easy.

Unlike Mercury in Aquarius, I find that my intuitive understanding inspires empathy and connection with others.

Although, I could attribute my quick learning style to my Sun in 3rd house as well.

Attachments

• Anne Chart with Asteroids and Hypnos.jpg
    Anne Chart with Asteroids and Hypnos.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 23