Is this chart destined for career failure? :(

astrology02

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing a horrible time in my career. I have pluto conjunct my midheaven which indicates constant crisis and change? Also my MC is in a water sign so that can also represent instability.

I have been to countless astrologers and they always try to paint this great picture of how my life will eventually work out. But the thing is not everyone is meant for career success. I understand that there is a certain code of ethics when it comes to reading a chart, but I would rather know the hard truth so I can be prepared.

I want to go back to school, but if my career is not meant to be I don't want to waste my money. I guess I am just in search of the truth, because the picture astrologers paint of my life vs. my reality are so far apart.

I really appreciate any insight. My main questions are:

1) Am I meant to have a career? or will it be filled with turmoil?

2) What type of field should I get into if indeed I am supposed to have a career?

Thank you so much :)

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_natal_chart_2014422.77718.31673.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_natal_chart_2014422.77718.31673.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 43
  • astro_2gw_01_natal_chart-1.84482.32512.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_natal_chart-1.84482.32512.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 32

Moondancing

Premium Member
The astrologers were not just being nice. The reason you are having such a hard time right now is because Saturn is going through your 10th house and hitting critical points. Saturn is a task master.

I look at quads to see areas you might succeed. Uranus/Venus (success in entertainment industry, rhythm, music) and Mercury/Neptune (creativity and a beautiful voice for singing) is a powerful planetary synchronization in your chart that spells success. What makes this a strong configuration is the midpoint between these planets. The Uranus/Venus midpoint and Mercury/Neptune midpoint sits at 18 Scorpio 37 connecting to Moon which opposes Pluto. Probably why the Saturn aspect feels so bad. You have a nice Moon in stable Taurus but opposing Pluto can bring you emotional confrontations when it's triggered. It will pass. What career path are you on right now?

Another quad you have is Jupiter/Neptune (artistic and creative talents) and Sun/Pluto (qualities of leadership, long term success in big business). The midpoint for these combos makes a close conj to your Venus/Part of Fortune conj. showing harmony and balance.

With your acs. ruler Saturn in the 12th you can feel like withdrawing from the world just be careful not to stay away. North Node in the first show it's your time to shine your light.

Flapjacks

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing a horrible time in my career. I have pluto conjunct my midheaven which indicates constant crisis and change? Also my MC is in a water sign so that can also represent instability.

I have been to countless astrologers and they always try to paint this great picture of how my life will eventually work out. But the thing is not everyone is meant for career success. I understand that there is a certain code of ethics when it comes to reading a chart, but I would rather know the hard truth so I can be prepared.

I want to go back to school, but if my career is not meant to be I don't want to waste my money. I guess I am just in search of the truth, because the picture astrologers paint of my life vs. my reality are so far apart.

I really appreciate any insight. My main questions are:

1) Am I meant to have a career? or will it be filled with turmoil?

2) What type of field should I get into if indeed I am supposed to have a career?

Thank you so much :)

Hi astrology02, Saturn transiting Pluto in strong aspect to a luminary can be very trying time (I know, I have a Moon/Pluto square and Saturn transit caused so much upheaval). You can think of it as Saturn activating Pluto more directly than you might experience otherwise. Since Pluto is on your MC and you Moon opposed, it makes sense that this would show up in your career. I wouldn't say you're destined for failure as much as destined for at least one big career change that is most likely forced upon you by external factors. Because you have a Kite, there is a lot of energy directed there, which may be why astrologers have given you a great picture of your life in terms of career... but this aspect to me is actually very stressful because of the sensitive position of your Moon at the IC in Taurus in the 4th house. I get this sense that all Moon wants is security and comfort, to be stable and have a nice home, but it's continuously drawn out by Pluto, which turns life upside down and makes Moon feel like she can't have these things.

However, Pluto is in the 9th house of higher education, and perhaps that means a drastic change involving education. Your chart looks like you go in depth into whatever you do, are highly empathetic and are probably a really caring ear for others. I'd avoid jobs that require you to be superficial in any way, or that pressure you to be. You also may be attracted to work that involves beauty and aesthetics in some way. I'd say you'd be good at line of work where you can get involved in something deeply that helps those that are in unfortunate positions, whether people, animals, the environment, etc. Working with animals shows pretty strongly... like a veterinarian or vet tech.

Above all, Pluto is telling you not to hide or go the path of least resistance.

So, what do you think? What are you interested in and what do you want even if you think it might be impossible?

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Are you meant to have a career? Since Pluto controls the major kite configuration in your chart, and being astride the MC, this alone would suggest a yes answer, but not without difficulty, since issues of power and control may be involved. Pluto demands the right use of power and control, so one issue may be about dealing with the authority of your superiors. There is also something about needing to rise from the ashes of your past in order to be successful. To gain the ultimate power of Pluto at your MC, you are first needing to purge and release the emotional blockages you still carry over into the future [Pluto/Moon opposition]...subconsciously this can represent a tendency towards self-sabotage that is deeply buried, yet still has a negative imprinting on the conscious mind, and thus in turn affects your outcome on the matter. As such the mind becomes able to control you, rather than having you in control of it. The Moon=the past, the mother. Any problems there? Pluto can relate to obsessions, fear/anxiety, phobias and compulsions. It then becomes a matter of making yourself aware of what really lies within your inner landscape that holds you back from progressing in life. The Capricorn part of your personality can also be restrictive and limiting and typically lends to denial of the significance of the emotions. Yet the emotions serve as our primary rudder in life, and when not managed well, they can be very intrusive in the life. The Scorpio MC gives double impact to Pluto's dominance in the chart. Your career indications relate largely to the ability to make important transformations and changes at the collective level, as Pluto insists on getting to the root of things. Still the 10th is not only about career, it can also define the way of living and your direction in life. I might add that my Pluto occupies the same position in my chart, but I have never had a professional career, and this position for me relates more to 9th H issues than the 10th. We then also consider the 2nd house in your chart, in terms of material gain and rewards; for you we find Pisces here, with Neptune currently transiting that sensitive zone, which adds to the confusion and indecision because of a concern about material security, especially with Saturn now transiting your 10th H; since these two planets were joined at birth, their energies tend to work in tandem with each other. The conjunction though falls in the 12th H, and gives a hint about working from behind the scenes rather than in the public arena. Still despite Saturn's limitations and confinement, the conjunction gains support from the Mars in Virgo energy which can give another clue. The Nodal Axis really defines more about your 'destiny' in life, along with your Sun in Aquarius. Jupiter currently transiting your 6th H of employment and service is urging you to expand beyond your current parameters, by exploring additional options that you may have yet to consider. In your shoes, I think the Saturn transit is creating strategic delays to help you re-assess and evaluate what you really want to do. What are you interested in doing? What is your skill level? What sort of education would you like follow? A true career analysis involves much more than the scope of the forum, so we can only offer bits and pieces of information at a time. I am curious as to what you are expecting to find here, if you have already consulted 'countless astrologers' in the past? Sounds like you may be skeptical and un-trusting of what others have already told you....?

Krewster

There's no Kites in your chart worth flying (nor Grand Trines for that matter). Tightening up the orbs displays the attached image.

Salient points:

-Moon-Merc-Nept: connected in that big triangle of septile family aspects (guessing that you're not particularly academically-inclined).

-Ven-Jup-Sat T-square: romance/finance can be compromised by a tug-of-war betw societal expectations and inner limitations?

-Sun-Ven-Pluto (36-72-36): over-average amount of personal power which augments, rather than interferes, with Venutian affairs.

It is superficial, but the visual of Ven lying at the apex of those two triangles suggests your Ven has hope in rallying against the T-square to the point where perhaps the T-square could fuel, rather, than detract from the 36-72-36; with the soft conclusion that Ven-related career fields might be considered.

Attachments

• Astrology02.jpg
    Astrology02.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

astrology02

I really have to say a huge thank you to everyone who responded. I really appreciate the time you took to analyze my situation. I know how much time it takes to look at someone's chart and write such detailed responses like that…so thank you so much.

For the past year I have been experiencing the jupiter conjunct descendant transit and it has been a lovely time. No responsibilities, not a care in the world, great relationships with everyone. Then in April i took this new job (that coincided with the tr. saturn opposing my moon). Now up until April i had been practicing the Law of Attraction/ positive thinking. I was naive and thought I wouldn't be influenced by astrological transits anymore. Boy was I wrong. I really believed in Law of Attraction and was beginning to distance myself from astrology. I didn't like the idea of "fate" or destiny. But to be honest I think depending on our chart, there are certain things in life we are meant to experience and can't change.

Every saturn transit is especially difficult for me because saturn is my chart ruler…in the 12th. Every time saturn makes a negative aspect I just want to hide from the world. With my career situation I would rather just go to sleep and wake up in a couple years when it has improved. This time has been the worst because tr. saturn is conjunct my midheaven, pluto and opposite my moon all at once. To make matters worse pluto is currently going through my 12th house and almost conjunct saturn…about to conjunct my ASC..someone help me:crying:

Up until now I have had the lowest self esteem and it has reflected in my career situation. I have a college degree yet am working in a minimum wage retail job. I just kind of gave up & said to myself "this is as good as it's going to get". But saturn is forcing me to re-evaluate my life. And as hard as it is right now…i know it's for the best. I am on the verge of quitting this retail job…things have been going really bad, I have had so many confrontations with people at work that I feel I have no other option.

But instead of just applying at another job saturn is making me really take a look at my whole life direction. I have not lived up to my potential and have made a lot of mistakes out of fear and anxiety. And now saturn is making me pay.

Tomorrow I am going to quit my job and this is where the moon comes into play. The moon represents my mom. I love my mom so much, we have always had a really close relationship. But she has always been overprotective of me and has shielded me from the harsh realities of life. It's an overdependent relationship that has hindered my growth. And I think when saturn opposed my moon is when she realized how she is affecting my life. The truth is I don't blame her for my failures in life…but she has a lot of guilt seeing the way my career has turned out. So now she is acting really distant and I can tell our relationship will never be the same.

I will probably go back to school to pursue a career where I can help others get to the bottom of things (scorpio) like a psychologist or working in a hospital. Only time will tell…but I have a feeling in 5 years I won't even recognize my life.

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope this helps,

sun highest planetary deg 7th own leo, flair of personality, brilliant, sensitive, sudden decision making, admin aptitude-business management studies.

mer 2nd highest planetary deg elevated own virgo 8th, scholarly, research aptitude, mer lord 6/8 over 8th sucess amidst adversity. venus lord 9th negates to 8th negating luck factor. mars lord 10th over 8th career issues, while could tend to investigative roles like quality control, etc. gemini 6th may prefer intellectual-analytical roles involving information processing.

jupiter own cancer 6th, overcomes opponents through diplomatic skills, enmity with none.

saturn own cap 12th again success through adversity. past two yrs sat transit enemy sign scorpio 10th for career opp moon under stress, but inclined to occult-research aptitudes.

jup-sat opp 6/12 axis perhaps missed employment opportunities owing to miscalculations-misjudgments-bias. past one year jupiter transit natal jupiter opp saturn, missed opportunities perhaps.

mid-july or so jupiter moves to leo 7th heading towards natal sun trining with sag 11th for gains and aries 2nd/3rd for finances-initiative-communications. asc lord sat come christmas moves to sag 11th for gains.

rahu the node has just entered libra 9th tending to distant/foreign travels, pilgrimage; while ketu the separative node transits aries 2/3 impacting family-finances and tending to impulsiveness.

moon elevated taurus 4th creative and energetic, love of food and comforts, may be inclined to hospitality-hotel management, involved with marketing research for example, or quality control roles, etc saturn cap 12th could tend to international events management, while also being 9th from moon own cap for luck settling at 36+
and inclined to distant travels.

thus chart good with elevated moon, elevated mercury, elevated jupiter, saturn own capricorn, venus own libra - while elevated planets make debilated aspect over the opposite house to note. mer own virgo 8th and saturn own cap 12th tending to success amidst adversity. jupiter-saturn opp tending to missed opportunities.

hope jupiter transit sun-leo 7th promotes career and relationship inclined to rich well placed life partner, while sun-ketu 7th could tend to be separative. natal rahu acq asc could be aggressive, reformist, mystic, uncertain.

could share feedbacks on the generic observations-inputs, hope help reflect further, find relevant and useful enough.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Moondancing

Premium Member
"To make matters worse pluto is currently going through my 12th house and almost conjunct saturn…about to conjunct my ASC..someone help me"

Forget the Saturn aspect it's long past, except you may want to look at what happened when it did make it's conj. Pluto is moving toward a trine to Mars which should give you a lot of energy and drive for success in what is important to you. When Pluto traveled over my asc. I went into therapy and even though there were rough times, it was exciting to learn how our mind and emotions work and how it manifested in my life. Began to feel I was in the drivers seat.

Thank you for your great response.

kimbermoon

For me, Pluto rules my Ascendant and my life has largely involved a great deal of transformation on the personal level, rather than striving after a professional career [Saturn/Neptune in the 12th]. I think perhaps that planets near the MC should be considered more in terms of their rulership; as in what house do they rule.
Leo is at my MC, so 'the search' had much to do with love and creativity, and the raising of children. I was drawn to photography as an occupation, with Venus also in Leo and Neptune in Libra. Yes, astrology has been my avocation, with Mercury/Uranus also in the 9th. Alas I also have SN in the 9th and met up with a disability which interrupted my working life, but in turn also served to increase my studies in astrology; and yes I do private consultations. In your case perhaps, with Pluto as ruler of your MC, this would give more weighting to personal transformation through a career in life.
I think you are honoring the value of Pluto in realizing that our true power comes from within and without such empowerment we are subject to many trials and tribulations in life. Pluto can serve to bring us to our knees, yet through strength and awareness we can ultimately see our way to a resurrection. I do think the struggle to resolve your Pluto/Moon opposition can serve as a big handicap.

kshantaram

Premium Member
any ack and specific pointwise feedbacks to care to share the readings offered,
true-untrue-insightful-useful, traits-talents-health-events-prospects etc,
any useful reflections to integrate as relevant :

wishing well, kshantaram