Request for recommendation : For match making

debu_m_99

Pranaam,
I am Deb and have a question regarding horoscope matching for marriage.
We follow the matching system practiced in Orissa (I don't know the exact system). In this system we have a concept of "Samasaptaka" and "Visamasaptaka", where "Samasaptaka" is recommended for marriage and "Visamasaptaka" is rejected without any further consideration. For example, if the groom's moon sign is "Tula (Libra)" and the bride's is "Mesha (Aries)", this is called "Visamasaptaka" combination (where both groom and bride's moon signs are in odd signs) and is rejected outright. Similarly where both groom and bride's moon signs are in even signs [For example 2nd (Taurus) and 8th (Scorpio) signs]. This is "Samasaptaka" combination and is recommended.
However, I could not verify this approach of matching horoscopes in the internet. I got couple of websites where this issue is discussed. For example, I got an online document by Pt. Sanjay Rath where he does not distinguish between samasaptaka and Visamasaptaka combinations . In general he recommends any 1-7 combination as excellent compatibility. So I am confused . It will be good if the experts in the forum clarify with suitable references.
Thank you in anticipation.
Deb

sasisekaran

Hello Deb,

Pranams,

Samasaptaka means that the moons are in opposite houses (all pairs ). This is generally considered to be good.

I would like to place my sincere views here. The matching process that is in use is quite absurd. The matching of two 'human beings' to live together is being limited to the 'Nakshtra' or the constellation where the 'moon' is placed. Let me pick up from what you have said. One person's moon is placed in Aries and the other person's is in Libra.

Can anyone in this world say about the person's early life, education, profession, life period, diseases , children, attitude ... etc ..etc ? I am sure no person in this world is ready to say 'yes'. Every one knows that the task is impossible. How then a match is being made ?

Assume that some matching is made., say the best match. 36 points scored ( in kuta matching). Their life can be happy only if both adhere to the laws of the land. What happens if one is a law breaker ? How does the matching come into play here.

It is better to follow the western approach. First move with the person. Take time to decide. It can be one or two years. During this time both should try to understand each other to the core and if other requirements like salary, family, etc suit, then go for marriage.

I came across a couple who loved for three years and married. It is a samasaptaka case. But after birth of two children , the lady came in contact with a business associate and she fell in love. The husband hated this and later 'eliminated' him. He escaped from the law too! Can you believe this ?

Kuta matching alone is the least one can imagine

sasisekaran

Last edited:

selfless

Banned
hi Dev, see,
MOON in opposite sign creates no problem for the two...we follow a total of 36 points score for match-making(GUN-MILAN), out of which a minimum of 18 points to be obtained for match-making by the two horoscopes..the higher score, the better..

kshantaram

Premium Member
Glad you have keen interest in vedic astrology, and your careful studiousness!

Samasaptaka in general conceptualised to be complemantary to each other;

however, the lords need to be friendly with each other, grahamaitri,
whether samsaptaka, trine, square, whatever.
then comes the nakshatra and tarabala match and other factors on the 36 point scale,
Nadi, Gana and Grahabala being more significant for health-progeny-temperamental match,
apart from mangal dosh, lagna, navamsa, current dasas-transits, etc etc.
Mere quick maggie noodle points matching not enough.

While nakshatra match is the basic micro DNA of the person.

Several marriages are also seen to fail discovering later nakshatras/charts not matching.
Westerners to the best of knowledge and belief change partners at the drop of a hat;
Indian marriages are meant to be on a solid foundation
with family and community support and counsel,
and the Marriage Mantras and proactive remedies for some planetary deviations,
and life-long for seven births in primary attitude with lower divorce rates,
which could be on the increase with times with western influence.
A balance of approaches needs to be struck, Proactively;

No meaning crying over spilt Milk sooner later.

rashis 6/8 though same lord as in mesha-vrischika
prone to sweet conflicts instead of severe conflicts;

mars-venus in case of mesha-tula are samsaptaka are attracted towards each other,
but by mere temporary physical attractions to begin with, to tread with care.

mithun-dhanu are samsaptaka, but also badhaka towards each other,
causing stress delays in marriage-vocation-business-disease;

hope this helps a bit,

kshantaram

Last edited: