Obama Body Language

rahu

Banned
maybe i just read the NYT and WSJ closely but i wil not enumerate the number of reversals he has made in his words and actions as these just keep oncoming.the lastest is him signing of on to expand a covert war on the terrorist that bush had initiated.plainly speaking ,this means they can assisinate anyone they deem to be a terrorist any where they are.. a lie is a lie,and i have been utterly amazed by how easily democratic liberals just close their eyes and see obama as the savior they wanted to see.

rahu

maybe i just read the NYT and WSJ closely but i wil not enumerate the number of reversals he has made in his words and actions as these just keep oncoming.the lastest is him signing of on to expand a covert war on the terrorist that bush had initiated.plainly speaking ,this means they can assisinate anyone they deem to be a terrorist any where they are.. a lie is a lie,and i have been utterly amazed by how easily democratic liberals just close their eyes and see obama as the savior they wanted to see.

rahu

Fair enough Rahu,

What is your idea of a good President?

wintersprite1

Premium Member
He is very much one. His promise of "change" contradicts his actions/record.

He is still limited by the executive branch powers. It makes for a funny Saturday Night Live skit, but in reality, much that was "promised" still needs to be first written in to legislation, then has to go through both houses of Congress before it can even be a bill to sign into law. I don't believe he is yet to have VETO a bill... I maybe mistaken as we do not have line item veto powers for the presidential branch. Change still requires that we hold our end of the bargain and hold our congressmen accountable. Remember there are 3 branches of government divided with equal power: the executive, the legislative, and the judicial.

TK (local civics nerd:annoyed:)

Cupcake

He is still limited by the executive branch powers. It makes for a funny Saturday Night Live skit, but in reality, much that was "promised" still needs to be first written in to legislation, then has to go through both houses of Congress before it can even be a bill to sign into law. I don't believe he is yet to have VETO a bill... I maybe mistaken as we do not have line item veto powers for the presidential branch. Change still requires that we hold our end of the bargain and hold our congressmen accountable. Remember there are 3 branches of government divided with equal power: the executive, the legislative, and the judicial.

TK (local civics nerd:annoyed:)

Yes of course, agreed! I should have clarified I was refering to his senate record, him not following through etc.. my mistake.

but while on the subject of the amount of power he has as president, democrats have majority & he can nominate members to the Supreme Court(with senate approval). He does have the authority to bring troops home. So I believe he's in a good position to enact at least some of the changes he promised, however it's still very early on and I do realize that he has a lot on his plate so I won’t be too hard on him ;) & I do agree with holding our elected officials/reps accountable.

Last edited:

gaer

Fox News is consistently biased towards the right.

MSNBC is consistently biased towards the left.

These two news stations are continually at war with each other.

No Democrat is going to be fairly treated by Fox.

No Republican is going to be fairly treated by MSNBC.

That's just the way it works here.

You can choose CNN, which is probably much more "fair and balanced" but has very few "teeth".

I'm not at all impressed by a voice over that is so loud that we can't even hear the real interview (which I have heard elsewhere). And I question the credentials of this "expert" reader of faces and body-language.

I agree with Wintersprite. If you want honestly, don't listen to or watch politicians. Honest politicians don't get elected, and they most certainly do not get re-elected.

My view: when it comes to politicians, they ALL lie. EVERY one of them. :(

Sistermoon

Rahu, do you think that Jupiter square Neptune unequivocally indicates 'liar' in the natal chart? Could there be any other interpretations for that? Leaving Obama aside, as I have a feeling you have some strong feelings about him, lol.

rahu

Banned
i actually didn't have any feelings about obama as i consider politics obsolete.after looking at his chart,i saw a politcian with a facist attitude.
i described this on another forum last year but with everybody in the throes of "change", few seemed to be looking at his chart with theri minds rather than his heart.

the jupiter square neptune mean many things,but in a politician or car salesman it suggests deceit.

as for the prez,the record speaks for itself.

rahu

Sistermoon

Ok then, I trust you'll believe me when I say that I have a wildly successful career, have invested all my money exceptionally wisely, live in a palatial home served by a gardener, cook and cleaning staff, often get lost in the West Wing of my home, have a rack that just won't quit and am so socially successful that I post on message boards out of a sense charity. :lol: