Winter & Early Spring 2009: Transit Opportunities Not To Be Missed

Awakened_Pisces

To add to Theo's wisdom and my own economic struggles(rather my family's but I digress). Always keep some amount of actual money with you. Money in the bank is futile. For you would have to go to the bank to get it. Keep money with you ALWAYS. So that when you're in a tight pinch, you can bail yourself out.

Oh and DON'T accept any "student loans", you'll have to pay them back eventually and given the current economic struggles, you don't want that.

astrop86

Yeah, a bit late on the student loans things. I'm graduating in May, so naturally I've racked up my fair share. Granted, not nearly as badly as my colleagues, but still a fair amount.

Theo

Banned
rogue_red said:
Thanks theo, very informative and useful although with venus going stationary retrograde 2 degrees after my natal venus in aries and retrograding back over my asc im wondering just whats instore for me lol.

This Venus transit motion over your natal AC in Aries means to take time to begin to look ahead, rather than back. The stations of Venus are always to change her phase cycles from evening to morning star, or from morning back to evening star. This March 28 phase change is from evening to morning star, and lasts to January 2010.

4leafclovah

What about the Sat/ Uranus opp? Will we be feeling any relief soon during the Sat rx period?

autumnleaf

Theo, first of all, thank you for the informative post.

I know you mentioned getting both natal and transit charts read, but which is the best one to pay closest attention to during these trying times? Money needs to be spent wisely and if I have to choose to get one or the other I'd like to know which would be the best to go by.

I find it interesting to note that, in Dec, I began finding people with common interests whom I could barter my services with and am now finally beginning to see some of the fruit from that labor. I actually have some work at the spring festivals that will be happening soon. I'll basically be working for tips, but hey it's money. I say it's interesting because I just now saw and read this thread. Thanks again!

Theo

Banned
autumnleaf said:
Theo, first of all, thank you for the informative post.

I know you mentioned getting both natal and transit charts read, but which is the best one to pay closest attention to during these trying times? Money needs to be spent wisely and if I have to choose to get one or the other I'd like to know which would be the best to go by.

I find it interesting to note that, in Dec, I began finding people with common interests whom I could barter my services with and am now finally beginning to see some of the fruit from that labor. I actually have some work at the spring festivals that will be happening soon. I'll basically be working for tips, but hey it's money. I say it's interesting because I just now saw and read this thread. Thanks again!

It depends on the kind of astrologer who does your transits. In these times, and in the times to come; it is important to have an astrologer who is also versed in mundane astrology do your transits, as well as one who is expert in secondary progressions.

The reasons are many; however, knowing what the general climate will be in the future greatly helps an astrologer to guide clients through their own particular transits to the place where clients want to be in the future.

Global transits from now through to 2021 are very strong. There will be life-changing world transits that will impact many billions of people individually, as groups, and populations. This makes things much more difficult for solely-natal astrologers who are not trained in the particulars of Secondary progressions, and mundane astrology.

Fortunately, the standard computer-generated astrological "interpretations" are not enough. I've never used them for clients. I write, and produce my own astrological reports for my clients, and read all charts myself. Although this takes more time (astrological work is time-consuming) clients are much better served by having their personalized reports done in this manner rather than having a computer-generated report done for them.

The months of March, and April 2009 are essential to begin projects that will being rewards in 2010 to those in the know about these transits, so they will be able to navigate the more difficult months of this year, and next.

Most people are emerging out of what was a very difficult 2007 and 2008 with many lives, careers, projects, delayed, or ended without completion. Therefore, many will be playing catch-up, or, starting over. The transits of March and April help to set the stage for successes to come in 2010.

However, many people are not adapting well to the transition that has just begun, and those who do adapt will be best off, while those who will not, will be worse off. This is really the time to put childish things aside, and to adapt to the changing climate conditions while also planning positive projects and avoiding those who would just waste time. There isn't any time to waste before the more powerful world transits configure by summer/autumn 2010.

So, it is important to not be so concerned about money, per se, but with TIME, and how to use it well.

Theo

Banned
4leafclovah said:
What about the Sat/ Uranus opp? Will we be feeling any relief soon during the Sat rx period?

For the world, 4leafclovah, not really that much in 2009, or 2010; however, global transits are opening up now in March and April for some progress to be made to counter the effects of all the rising unemployment worldwide.

It is important to apply the best positive outlooks possible during the 10-month Venus morning star cycle, so people can recover enough to get themselves back on their feet, and 2009 is a good year for that.

The Saturn/Uranus opposition and its effects play a role throughout the decade of the 2010s. Most people who continue to ignore that the past ways are now ending should readjust; especially spiritually, considering the position of Uranus in Pisces.

With the new astrological year beginning in Mid-March 2009 to mid-March 2010, it is important to make spiritual and mental adjustments that can coincide with Jupiter's transit in Pisces in 2010, and its conjunction with Uranus in that year in the first degrees of Aries, and then in Pisces by retrograde motion in 2010.

As the Cardinal Climax transits of 2010 peak during that summer a year or so from now, essentially, there is a need to readjust to the planetary & stellar vibrations, and to enhance one's spiritual nature, while at the same time adapting to the changing world climate before the harder world transits of the next decade arrive. Those who fail to do so by involving themselves in pettiness, etc., and fail to adjust will have a much more difficult time in the 2010s because of the positions of Uranus, Saturn and Pluto.

The Saturn/Uranus opposition can also be applied well, by understanding the need to adjust mentally and spiritually to the world changes, and to adapt in ways that are positive, and allow adjustments to take place which can benefit people during the next decade.

Theo said:
MERCURY RETROGRADE (May 7 to May 31)
Slowdowns, Money Concerns & Confusion in Spring Extends Into Summer 2009

Mercury enters tropical Taurus on April 9th and via its coming retrograde in May, will remain in the constellation Taurus until June 14. This long transit includes a series of two strong fixed square aspects to Jupiter, Chiron and Neptune, all in tropical Aquarius. Money is tight, stress and frustrations high, and these extends deep into May, June, July, August, September to mid-October 2009.
greetings comrade Theo,

i understand what you say here about the slowdowns and confusion in relation to mercury Rx squaring the triple conjunction. i am seeking clarification of the "money concerns". is this related to jupiter, or is it from the other transits mentioned elsewhere in your post? the reason i ask is that some astrologers assign physical currency to jupiter. but most assign it to venus.

one other thing Theo, you have a global audience. winter to you is summer to me.:cool:

Theo

Banned
venusfriend said:
greetings comrade Theo,

i understand what you say here about the slowdowns and confusion in relation to mercury Rx squaring the triple conjunction. i am seeking clarification of the "money concerns". is this related to jupiter, or is it from the other transits mentioned elsewhere in your post? the reason i ask is that some astrologers assign physical currency to jupiter. but most assign it to venus.

one other thing Theo, you have a global audience. winter to you is summer to me.:cool:

Hi Venusfriend, and good question. The contraction in the world's money supply, and subsequent gobal credit freeze is quite complicated astrologically; however, much of it relates to Uranus' current position, some to Saturn's transit, and of course, Jupiter's transits over the course of the last 29 years or so.

I assign physical currency to Mercury. Jupiter has a greater effect on many things, including economic/busness matters and cycles, and shares this with Saturn.

The integration of the world financial system really took off during Uranus' transit of Capricorn, and Aquarius, as the complex interactions of trade between nations spread after the end of the Cold War. This allowed for financial speculators to spread worldwide into the system with financial "products" that were tied to the World Trade Organization, and of course the NAFTA agreements of the 1990s.

Mercury's retrogrades in 2009 really highlight the area of the economic meltodown from Mercury's configurations to other planetary bodies: for instance, the May 2009 retrograde squares the stellium in Aquarius, and Mercury squares (direct motion) this stellium of Jupiter/Chiron/Neptune a month earlier in April, then by retrograde in May, and again (stationary direct this time) the first two weeks of June.

Mainly, the current world transits show this spring as one of the first attempts to emerge out of the disasterous economic years of 2007/2008 for the most part. The effects from rampant speculation, and the failure of many governments to reign in corruption throughout the financial world will be with the globe for many years. However, this spring does allow for some progress to be made among those who have positive visions for the future in the longer-term.

The overall money concerns is the fact that there has been no real accounting of just how much of the world's money supply has been pilfered. The extend of printing of many trillions also has negative effects for the future in the area of deflation and inflation over the coming years.

The lack of clarity in the money supply is shown by the world transits, mainly Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto, which, next year, will force the issue in their configurations as regards the global money supply.

Theo said:
I assign physical currency to Mercury. Jupiter has a greater effect on many things, including economic/busness matters and cycles, and shares this with Saturn.

well this challenges the modern rulership of venus over money. i have always learnt that venus rules money, but it seems way back it did not:

According to Valens, Jupiter signifies abundance. Mercury is commerce and "has authority over copper and every coinage..." but Venus is "the office of market overseer, measures, weights, businesses..."

so then mercury ruled coins. but today we mainly use paper or plastic notes, or plastic cards more often. i'd like to see some chart examples to see why you use mercury as ruler of money. i'm still leaning toward venus. the 2nd house, ruled by venus governs assets, which i expect would include money.

the latest stimulus package is a good example

936149afb87b1b913.gif

mercury is unaspected

venus is:
sextile mars (08')
sextile jupiter (13')
trine moon (37')

most people realize that borrowing more money on the Chinese credit card is only going to make the "wealth by credit" problem worse.

i see these aspects as old habits (moon) with money (venus) and excess (mars/jupiter).

the moon is on Antares (08') "favorable for business and domestic matters... honor and wealth but benefits may not prove lasting"

it will be interesting to compare this chart to the time when the money starts flowing. does anyone know when that will be? i expect this package will be beneficial in the short term. but that is a tight conjunction of the moon to Antares "may not prove lasting".

Olivia said:
Mercury rules currency - it circulates like crazy, whether in coin, paper, or digital form. And that's Mercury, and commerce.
as venus rules "measures, weights, businesses", do you think she would have some rule over modern currency? most large transactions, and many small ones are done via electronic transfer so no actual "coinage" is involved.
as the internet is involved, do you think this would also bring in the influence of uranus?

freedomlover

The rulerships may well be different in modern astrology, so if Venus works there for money, no reason to stop using it. But it's not traditional. That's okay though.

Internet I'd see as Mercury, with some Jupiter thrown in. For some people, it's just third house stuff, but basically it's Mercury.

Venus would be overspending (she didn't get that 12th house rulership for nothing!), or spending on pleasures, luxuries, and gambling, but the actual currency would still be Mercury.

A friend of mine redid an old oracle deck (mid 1700s) that was largely based in astrology. Is this card the perfect Internet symbol or what? And note the Mercury sign in the top left corner:

Olivia,

So, if I'm understanding you correctly..... you're saying that the ruler of money should be Mercury? Interesting concept. I guess it makes sense considering how money originally got its start. I think the actual paper money is still a physical item - so 2nd house. But I can definitely see how money, as in buying and selling, could be associated with Mercury and the 3rd house/Gemini.

That is a beautiful oracle card, by the way. "Traffic" it said. How fitting! I absolutely love the artwork of oracle/tarot decks - and would really love to see the whole deck your friend re-worked.

FL

Olivia said:
The rulerships may well be different in modern astrology, so if Venus works there for money, no reason to stop using it. But it's not traditional. That's okay though.

Internet I'd see as Mercury, with some Jupiter thrown in. For some people, it's just third house stuff, but basically it's Mercury.

Venus would be overspending (she didn't get that 12th house rulership for nothing!), or spending on pleasures, luxuries, and gambling, but the actual currency would still be Mercury.

A friend of mine redid an old oracle deck (mid 1700s) that was largely based in astrology. Is this card the perfect Internet symbol or what? And note the Mercury sign in the top left corner:
i do agree with freedomlover, i'd love to see the deck. i noticed the number 23 there. i wonder what that relates to? i'm no expert on tarot but the major Arcana only goes up to 22 as far as i know.

i guess the best way to determine which planet rules money would be to look at some natal charts of extremely wealthy people. i can't work out which is which from my chart as mercury is conjunct venus. but saturn tightly opposes both which is reflected in my bank balance.

Awakened_Pisces

Neptune Conj.Chiron: Spells it all. Bailouts=Fail. However, the dummies can keep on swinging if they want, oh wait they're swinging with our money :(.

Theo

Banned
Neptune Rising said:
Thank you Theo.
I am seeing now how it is important for people of like minds to stay together, friends and groups. Also to help each other and keep each other informed. Too much fear and negativity is spreading, and some seem to revel in it. I see it at work, out and about in town.. maintain faith in positivity and inner strength.

Im interested in Jupiter conjuncting my Sun in December, then conjuncting my ruler of 10th/7th Merc, and 5th, 9th, Venus. Im hoping to start a massage therapy business, wasnt sure how/when this happens, but this seems like a great time :)

NR

Just a reminder Neptune, that as Jupiter draws closer to aspecting Uranus, and then, get closer in 2010 towards conjunction, the effect will be good for healers next year.

This year is a good one for maintaining a sense of balance, and not get swallowed in all the negativity, which, by personal projections, are influenced by the planetary transits; especially those of the transpersonal planets.

For instance, this November, the first of several Saturn-Pluto squares will activate. Prior to this, the cycle of New Moons has reduced from August of 2006 to July 2009, when a global new moon cycle will begin. The following month of this August sees the transiting lunar nodes enter into cardinal quality, which brings to an end the first phase of the world economic crisis.

However, most people who are not able to let go of the legacy era of the late 20th century, will find it more difficult to make preparations for the next decade of the 2010s, which is why it is essential to make real spiritual and mental adaptations under the coming Jupiter-Uranus conjunction next year.

It will be a good time for those looking to start new careers, businesses, etc., to use the current Venus retrograde phase, which is just the start of a new 10-month morning star cycle, to lay down their seeds for growth for positive benefit in 2010.

Awakened_Pisces

I thought that Venus Retrograde might not have been so good to plan anything so I hesitated, though I am progressing to join the Student Council union which is planning on donating money for Cancer research(Moon in Cancer at work?).