Venus opposition Uranus - how do people with this aspect act in love?

Claire19

I think people with Venus Uranus connections tend to fall in love fast, but it does not last. If their freedom is threatened and they feel stifled, they will be off. All this can be done quickly causing shock and surprise. This is also an indicator of unconventional attitudes to love, experimentation and sometimes homosexuality. However just one aspect alone cannot tell the whole story here. We always need to look at all indicators for love.

david starling

Depends on which side Sun, Moon, Rising and Mercury are on. (Supportive of the Venusian sign or the Uranian.) For a love relationship to work, the synastry is paramount.

Last edited:

Lin

I believe that commitment phobia is a symptom of the issues I mentioned above.
The manifestation is serial dating or serial sleeping around.
this way the person avoids a deep relationship and when it ends he/she experiences little pain. However the other person can be experiencing a lot of pain.

When this happens the person who was the victim of 'conditional love' or 'traumatic endings'....like death or divorce or even when the mom goes back to work or has another child....becomes the PERPETRATOR - but they will rationalize it by many different ways... and in the end it's all about THEM and not getting too emotionally connected out of fear.

This is one source of arrested development.
LIN

kimbich1025

I believe that commitment phobia is a symptom of the issues I mentioned above.
The manifestation is serial dating or serial sleeping around.
this way the person avoids a deep relationship and when it ends he/she experiences little pain. However the other person can be experiencing a lot of pain.

When this happens the person who was the victim of 'conditional love' or 'traumatic endings'....like death or divorce or even when the mom goes back to work or has another child....becomes the PERPETRATOR - but they will rationalize it by many different ways... and in the end it's all about THEM and not getting too emotionally connected out of fear.

This is one source of arrested development.
LIN

You are very correct! I have Venus sextile Uranus 0.3 degrees and I also have Moon opposition Uranus 1.7 degrees. My childhood was dysfunctional at home. I didn't fit in school because of my nationality. I had to learn English. I learned from a very young age to be independent.

I'm in my mid 30's and I'm really trying to heal this part of myself. I'm very capable of loving someone but when I feel like my freedom is being taken away I rebel. My Taurus moon doesn't like change so I hold on too these non-committal relationships for years. I do prefer the non traditional relationships.

But my longest relationship was with my ex-husband for 9 years and always felt like I wanted to run away from it. I eventually did and it had nothing to do with him. I have a lot of healing to do my fear of intimacy. I really do want to connect with others. It just scares the heck out of me.

Kitchy

Banned
I think any Venus Uranus aspect indicates - I will love you forever in friendship, even if I don't love you tomorrow. But the funny thing is - these are the folks who always return to love a friend - years later even. Giving them the freedom to love who they want to love - without jealousy or trying to confine them - usually yields the most awesome love a person could find.

My husband has Venus opp Uranus - he is a good looking, fit, and much younger looking guy than me, even though I'm only 5 years older than him. He gets a charge out of being "hit on" by younger gals and people who find him exciting and I laugh and encourage it .....yet, every night, he sleeps at home with me - loving and appreciating of the one who lets him roam free of harm or foul.

I have Venus Uranus Quinx, so I get it.

Let these experiential monsters do what they do - but never doubt them. If you give them an open gate - they will not misuse it. They'll be back in time for dinner and snuggles. Unless you are a possessive type.

Try and fence them in and you're SOL.

More than anything - they need to know they can love who and when they choose - but seldom does it mean they stray from the home and the love found there. It has a lot to do with the traditional too - Saturn's early rule that shows Uranus the direction of how to be free.

The idea of freedom in relationships is more important to them than screwing around, usually.

One must always remember, Uranus doesn't like emotional hang-ups or problems, any more than Saturn does - and they only find themselves involved in them when the other person isn't getting their Uranian or Saturnian vibe.

Uranus and Venus can be fixed and changing but seldom do they throw the baby out with the bathwater. They are both very practical when it matters most.

Last edited:

loveNlive

I am a woman with Venus opposing Uranus. I have never been in a homosexual relationship, nor do I fantize about it. Having said that though, I am totally open to other people's sexual orientation and I applaud it as I applaud my own.

I am in a committed relationship and I can relate to the hot and cold feelings. My boyfriend takes it as me needing him to tell me how beautiful I am and how I am the only woman for him. But no, I could just use some space or maybe a nap. I normally feel totally gorgeous and that my boyfriend and I have a great relationship and that he's not prone to "wandering". In my mind, him not wandering has very little to do with me and more to do with where he is in his evolution.

I have a fairly grounded view of my unorthodox quest for excitement in relationships and life in general. I'm incredibly sensual as seen by some other aspects in my chart - and very aware that my unorthodox sensual nature has the potential to cause a great deal of pain and suffering if taken outside of my relationship. There are times when my boyfriend is not available during moments when I really feel the need for him and the thoughts of other men do enter into the picture. And it doesn't have to be sexual per se, it can be for affection, an emotional connection, or even just the sensuality of being in close proximity to someone that turns me on. I have a strong Neptune in Sagittarius Grand Fire Trine in my chart and my imagination has no limits! Manifesting the opposite sex during one of my "moments" is just a horrible idea, and brought down from the ethers one too many times would lead to the suffering of consequences. So, I steer clear. I have learned to channel the energies through creative outlets and not through random sexual or sensual encounters with other men.

Venus opposing Uranus people can be completely faithful. I understand that my "cold" feelings will dissipate with some space, a nap, and then loads of excitement!

Claire19

I am a woman with Venus opposing Uranus. I have never been in a homosexual relationship, nor do I fantize about it. Having said that though, I am totally open to other people's sexual orientation and I applaud it as I applaud my own.

I am in a committed relationship and I can relate to the hot and cold feelings. My boyfriend takes it as me needing him to tell me how beautiful I am and how I am the only woman for him. But no, I could just use some space or maybe a nap. I normally feel totally gorgeous and that my boyfriend and I have a great relationship and that he's not prone to "wandering". In my mind, him not wandering has very little to do with me and more to do with where he is in his evolution.

I have a fairly grounded view of my unorthodox quest for excitement in relationships and life in general. I'm incredibly sensual as seen by some other aspects in my chart - and very aware that my unorthodox sensual nature has the potential to cause a great deal of pain and suffering if taken outside of my relationship. There are times when my boyfriend is not available during moments when I really feel the need for him and the thoughts of other men do enter into the picture. And it doesn't have to be sexual per se, it can be for affection, an emotional connection, or even just the sensuality of being in close proximity to someone that turns me on. I have a strong Neptune in Sagittarius Grand Fire Trine in my chart and my imagination has no limits! Manifesting the opposite sex during one of my "moments" is just a horrible idea, and brought down from the ethers one too many times would lead to the suffering of consequences. So, I steer clear. I have learned to channel the energies through creative outlets and not through random sexual or sensual encounters with other men.

Venus opposing Uranus people can be completely faithful. I understand that my "cold" feelings will dissipate with some space, a nap, and then loads of excitement!
what you say is very insightful about yourself. this aspect alone does not tell the whole story. Uranus is an erratic influence that often needs experimentation and a sense of freedom. what sign these planets are in and where is what we need to look at.

loveNlive

what you say is very insightful about yourself. this aspect alone does not tell the whole story. Uranus is an erratic influence that often needs experimentation and a sense of freedom. what sign these planets are in and where is what we need to look at.

Yes, so true! And we don't have to be "ruled" by the interpretations of our natal charts (there's that sense of freedom 🤗) The energies emitted from hard aspects can be channeled in such a way that the energy is being utilized but with results that are more harmonious. Perhaps that does take some self work and maybe some experience, but it can be done - at least for those that are interested.

loveNlive

Curt Cobain had :uranus: directly on his Ascendant in Virgo, Opposing Venus in Pisces. But his Venus was also Conjunct Saturn.

I have never looked into his chart and I don't know a whole lot about his "real" life. But from some articles that I have read he seems to have had a natal chart that was not for the faint of heart. Uranus in Virgo on the Ascendant sounds like an aspect that would be tremendously beneficial, but you may have to evolve into it first. Feels like a lot of internalized pressure on the "self", and in all sorts of eccentric ways that would be easily misunderstood.

Abby83

You have to look at other aspects as well. Like in my chart Uranus isn’t favoured. My lesson is to step away from uranian ppl who shak3 me up too much and to focus more on a stable relationship (Saturn) and enjoying fantasies (Neptune).

david starling

You have to look at other aspects as well. Like in my chart Uranus isn’t favoured. My lesson is to step away from uranian ppl who shak3 me up too much and to focus more on a stable relationship (Saturn) and enjoying fantasies (Neptune).

Speaking of "stable relationships", do you get to be around horses? I miss being around them.