Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Funny poohbear!

Y
Poohbear always funny.

U

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:59 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Things are good, Uranus.

David, when you have the time you find want to investigate the German based Saturn Brotherhood. Their cosmology is heavily astrological, hinging on the fact of the upcoming Age of Aquarius. Like you, they believe that the next age will be an Aquarian-Uranus age, one that will be ruled by high spirituality. But unlike you, they believe that it will be an elite group of initiates that will rule, while your philosophy is that the collective stock of humanity will evolve to a higher spiritual pedigree.

Further, Saturn to them is the harsh teacher that will transform the few individuals into spiritual diamond, through a hard, lonely and rigorous curriculum that separate them from mass humanity. He is still merciless, but he has a spiritual/transcendent component that you don't seem to give in your own 12/12 system.

I'd say that studying them or at least looking at them in your spare time would be enlightening, since they provide a systematic and elaborate counterpoint while sharing the vision that the next age will surely be an Aquarian one.

Stephen E. Flowers has a scholarly treatment of them in the English Language, since most of their stuff are in German.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-06-2019)
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Things are good, Uranus.

David, when you have the time you find want to investigate the German based Saturn Brotherhood. Their cosmology is heavily astrological, hinging on the fact of the upcoming Age of Aquarius. Like you, they believe that the next age will be an Aquarian-Uranus age, one that will be ruled by high spirituality. But unlike you, they believe that it will be an elite group of initiates that will rule, while your philosophy is that the collective stock of humanity will evolve to a higher spiritual pedigree.

Further, Saturn to them is the harsh teacher that will transform the few individuals into spiritual diamond, through a hard, lonely and rigorous curriculum that separate them from mass humanity. He is still merciless, but he has a spiritual/transcendent component that you don't seem to give in your own 12/12 system.

I'd say that studying them or at least looking at them in your spare time would be enlightening, since they provide a systematic and elaborate counterpoint while sharing the vision that the next age will surely be an Aquarian one.

Stephen E. Flowers has a scholarly treatment of them in the English Language, since most of their stuff are in German.
Actually, I'm already aware of them. And, hoping they take no interest in my work regarding the tropical Ages. I did get something useful from them, though--the term "diamond point", for a planet's Point of Perihelion. I'm using Earth's Point of Perihelion to determine the tropical Ages. "Diamond Point" is a cool name for it.
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Poohbear always funny.

U
Mommies favorite girl, always.

Y
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Isnít Saturnís domain also that of gorgeous fractals and other patterns?

This website seems to link phi with the entire zodiac. Not sure how that works with rulerships, but will look further a little later.

https://cosmicintelligenceagency.com/fibonaccizodiac/
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Actually, I'm already aware of them. And, hoping they take no interest in my work regarding the tropical Ages. I did get something useful from them, though--the term "diamond point", for a planet's Point of Perihelion. I'm using Earth's Point of Perihelion to determine the tropical Ages. "Diamond Point" is a cool name for it.
Why wouldn't you want them to be aware of it? You think they'd target you with polemics?
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:29 PM

C. t., did you happen to notice whether they believe the sidereal Age of Aquarius is already in effect? According to nearly all true sidereal astrologers, it won't begin for about 3 more centuries.
Saw a great explanation for the effect I refer to as "Sign-blending". The idea is that the Signs are walled off, but that the allowable Orb for an indicator crosses over at the cusps, activating 2 Signs at once and evoking the qualities of both.
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want them to be aware of it? You think they'd target you with polemics?
I don't want to interact with occult cults.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (11-07-2019)
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:51 PM

passiflora, there's a book that I want to delve into that approaches sacred geometry from the perspective of LHP. Maybe I might find more linkages between Saturn and patterns in these not so astrologically focused material. I have encountered occultists who say that the true forms of angels are geometric in nature.

David, I get it. From what I could garner they also don't see the Age of Aquarius as starting yet. Another "spiritual timeline" that has modern day proponents is the one originally put forth by the LeVayan Satanists, with tie-ins from Michael Aquino's Temple of Set. They posited that the start of the "Satanic Age" began in 1966. The astrologically interesting thing about that year was the Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo. Seeing as how LeVayan Satanism is materialistic in its tenets, I doubt he took the meeting of Uranus and Pluto into account.

With the sign-blending, interesting theory. I'm agnostic toward it though.
Unread 11-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
passiflora, there's a book that I want to delve into that approaches sacred geometry from the perspective of LHP. Maybe I might find more linkages between Saturn and patterns in these not so astrologically focused material. I have encountered occultists who say that the true forms of angels are geometric in nature.

David, I get it. From what I could garner they also don't see the Age of Aquarius as starting yet. Another "spiritual timeline" that has modern day proponents is the one originally put forth by the LeVayan Satanists, with tie-ins from Michael Aquino's Temple of Set. They posited that the start of the "Satanic Age" began in 1966. The astrologically interesting thing about that year was the Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo. Seeing as how LeVayan Satanism is materialistic in its tenets, I doubt he took the meeting of Uranus and Pluto into account.

Thanks. As to Sign-blending, this is a different approach: The "needle-point" of an indicator's position is where its influence is most intense, but its influence extends both ways, including the allowable Orb area. So, instead of the Signs blending at the cusps, the orb-area extends past the walls and includes 2 Signs, although (as I contend), the ruler in question is that of the needle-point. No rulership blending in either case.
Unread 11-06-2019, 10:17 PM

My problem isn't the plausibility or elegance of a theory/explanation. But what works in chart reading. So I'd want to see it demonstrated sufficiently before I become warmer to it.

I have a couple of placements at the end of signs and some at the beginning. It's difficult to parse if the blended influence comes from their positions at the cusps, or other placements in the chart augmenting them along similar lines.
Unread 11-06-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
My problem isn't the plausibility or elegance of a theory/explanation. But what works in chart reading. So I'd want to see it demonstrated sufficiently before I become warmer to it.

I have a couple of placements at the end of signs and some at the beginning. It's difficult to parse if the blended influence comes from their positions at the cusps, or other placements in the chart augmenting them along similar lines.
It doesn't change much in Chart-reading. I'm more physically energetic than other Sun Pisceans I've observed, which I can attribute to a 28 degree cusp for my Sun. But, I still use Neptune as the ruler of my Sun-sign, not a mix of Neptune and Mars.
Same with the Age--as long as it's in Capricorn, the blending of Capricornian and Aquarian qualities doesn't change the Age rulership to include Uranian authority. Just that Saturn is becoming increasingly less "comfortable" in its Native-sign (aka "Domicle") Cap when it involves ruling the Age.

Last edited by david starling; 11-06-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 11-06-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Mommies favorite girl, always.

Y
Creepy.

U
Unread 11-06-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:

It sounds interesting. I got a Saturn book recently discussed in that free will thread and the author points out that Saturn seems to be the base of distinctly right hand paths. That made a lot of sense to me though the author and publishing house were left hand path.

Last edited by passiflora; 11-07-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 12:13 AM

The overall resistance against the very concept of tropical Ages is amazingly enormous. I find myself enjoying the challenge, for some reason. I think Modernistic tropicalists are using the sidereal Ages to hold on to the constellations, at least in that one area.
Unread 11-07-2019, 01:45 AM

The book is called "Infernal Geometry and The Left Handed Path" by Toby Chappell. Based on what I'm gathering there is unlikely to be any astrology in it. But all it takes is an allusion or small reference to open up a potential line of inquiry.

What's the name of the book you're referring to, passiflora? It would interesting to know how the author defines RHP and why the force of Saturn is more aligned with those streams. The definition of LHP I quite like self-deification + antinomianism, and I could see how Saturn's traditional significations of law enforcer and ego undermining would result in RHP. Yet Saturn also has elements that would fit with LHP, and any philosophy or practitioner who has unabashedly taken inspiration from the motifs that surround Saturn have been LHP oriented.
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:04 AM

The problem wouldn't be getting here but shipping it back. Although it would be fun to have a physical copy of the grimoire. I just checked my usual places and it doesn't seem to have an easily retrievable internet version.
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Itís called Cult of the Black Cube, a Saturnian Grimoire.
Salam,

It's extremely similiar object named (pseudonym) HA, which invented by someone in cave with the help of an angel. In my slow capabilites to garsp, John of Patmos has been warning us implicitly about that wolf in sheep's clothing.
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
The problem wouldn't be getting here but shipping it back. Although it would be fun to have a physical copy of the grimoire. I just checked my usual places and it doesn't seem to have an easily retrievable internet version.
Indeed, nothing easily retrievable. Which is why I had to pay enough for it to be disappointed. Maybe should finish it before sticking to disappointment.
Anyway, Iím sure you can return it somehow.
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I don't want to interact with occult cults.
My friend, how about following our LORD?
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Salam,

It's extremely similiar object named (pseudonym) HA, which invented by someone in cave with the help of an angel. In my slow capabilites to garsp, John of Patmos has been warning us implicitly about that wolf in sheep's clothing.
The book suggests itís institutionalized in monotheism at least since Judaism. Iím not clear Christianity sheds any of that deeper value system just by rejecting astrology or any overt cues to the meaning...
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (11-07-2019)
Unread 11-07-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
The book suggests it’s institutionalized in monotheism at least since Judaism. I’m not clear Christianity sheds any of that deeper value system just by rejecting astrology or any overt cues to the meaning...
Salam and peace be upon you,

I sometimes confused with you, passiflora, whether you're indeed practicing traditional astrology (specifically medieval astrology) or not. You see, traditional astrology implementing many divine art in its work, and the ancient Greeks believe this science was literally the truth or the wisdom, which is not for our current knowledge or technology. Just imagine, how can I believe Sun in Aquarius, which is cooling in the north but its 29įC in equator, moreover it's 31įC when the Sun in Leo. It's not true seriously. Why would someone make a certain magick talisman when one falsely thought he/she currently live in outside of the order of the sign.

I also found that the advancement of western society is because the law (Corpus Iuris Civilis) of the Christian Byzantine and Judeo tradition, thus creating a good and civilized society. If it (the orign of Judeo tradition) were happen around in Indonesia, we could the one who are in advanced society.

My friend, I'm a sinner my self, hence I try to ask for repentance whenever I have a time. Even when I learning about astrology, if i saw something bad in the future, I pray to holy Mary.

Last edited by SunConjunctUranus; 11-07-2019 at 03:11 AM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 04:25 AM

It's lame, you say? I did a little reading up on the book. Authored by the now deceased Dr. Arthur Moros, initiate of Saturn for 30 years. Introduction penned by "Mr. Flowers" and if the same Mr. Flowers that I'm thinking I've only read quality material from him thus far. It's not his work though.

Sad to think that 30 years of dedication would result in such a lackluster love letter. Hopefully the second half of the book picks up.
Unread 11-07-2019, 05:54 AM

The author is pseudonymous. Supposedly someone who sacrificed to Saturn, immediately had a crazy trip and healed rapidly and impossibly from a disastrous physical situation, and lived a life of scholarly comfort and privacy after years of initial privation. Then, supposedly, died a grim and it's implied Saturnine death in the end. I'm not doubting the 30 years of Saturnine practice. They probably are the realest thing about that story. The scholarship feels by turns insightful and sloppy. I think I mentioned to you before - looked up a passage from a historical religious book which by any even casual lay reading means the opposite of what Dr. Moros suggested. The sloppiness I recognize concerns assertions about the non-Western world; maybe western practitioners "wouldn't mind" what to me are rule-outs. Frustrating to say the least - obviously there are good nuggets in there, but which ones are the good ones?

It does look like there's at least 10-12 professors / academics in various liberal arts departments across the western world studying saturnine philosophy and practice under the guise of .. I forget who they say they're studying, but once you see the name it's easier to pick them out.

Last edited by passiflora; 11-07-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
The author is pseudonymous. Supposedly someone who sacrificed to Saturn, immediately had a crazy trip and healed rapidly and impossibly from a disastrous physical situation, and lived a life of scholarly comfort and privacy after years of initial privation. Then, supposedly, died a grim and it's implied Saturnine death in the end. I'm not doubting the 30 years of Saturnine practice. They probably are the realest thing about that story. The scholarship feels by turns insightful and sloppy. I think I mentioned to you before - looked up a passage from a historical religious book which by any even casual lay reading means the opposite of what Dr. Moros suggested. The sloppiness I recognize concerns assertions about the non-Western world; maybe western practitioners "wouldn't mind" what to me are rule-outs. Frustrating to say the least - obviously there are good nuggets in there, but which ones are the good ones?

It does look like there's at least 10-12 professors / academics in various liberal arts departments across the western world studying saturnine philosophy and practice under the guise of .. I forget who they say they're studying, but once you see the name it's easier to pick them out.
Is there a cult of Saturn that exists entirely apart from astrology? Also, any connections made between Saturn and Satan without considering the astrological description, "the Greater Malefic"? If so, what inspired the attraction?