"grand trine" in an event chart?

BlueGranite

I have primarily studied Horary Astrology, not as much mundane or event, electional or natal astrology, but I did look over an example in William Lilly today, and saw that on pg 155 in Christian Astrology,he finds the Sun, Moon, and the two fortunes, as well as Ruler of Ascendant, to be significant in an event chart.
I have done an event chart for a recent significant event in my life, and found that it contained a "grand trine" of Sun, Moon and Jupiter, with Sun trine Jupiter , Sun trine Moon, and Moon trine Jupiter all aspects in orb, and two of those aspects involve mutual application, while the 3rd is a separating aspect.
Additionally, the chart has Ruler of Ascendant semisextile Venus, with both planets mutually applying. LIlly didn't use minor aspects but some have considered them useful so I am at least giving notice to this.
As to the unfortunate planets, the chart also has Ruler of Ascendant square Saturn, and Ruler of Ascendant trine Mars, both in orb, but both those aspects are separating, which to me suggests events past, rather than to come.
Additionally, the Part of Fortune is almost conjunct the midheaven -- within 3.5 degrees, though Moon is square Part of Fortune within 30 minutes.

I'm inclined to think these all point to good results issuing out of the event.

Any other thoughts on this?

dr. farr

I have primarily studied Horary Astrology, not as much mundane or event, electional or natal astrology, but I did look over an example in William Lilly today, and saw that on pg 155 in Christian Astrology,he finds the Sun, Moon, and the two fortunes, as well as Ruler of Ascendant, to be significant in an event chart.
I have done an event chart for a recent significant event in my life, and found that it contained a "grand trine" of Sun, Moon and Jupiter, with Sun trine Jupiter , Sun trine Moon, and Moon trine Jupiter all aspects in orb, and two of those aspects involve mutual application, while the 3rd is a separating aspect.
Additionally, the chart has Ruler of Ascendant semisextile Venus, with both planets mutually applying. LIlly didn't use minor aspects but some have considered them useful so I am at least giving notice to this.
As to the unfortunate planets, the chart also has Ruler of Ascendant square Saturn, and Ruler of Ascendant trine Mars, both in orb, but both those aspects are separating, which to me suggests events past, rather than to come.
Additionally, the Part of Fortune is almost conjunct the midheaven -- within 3.5 degrees, though Moon is square Part of Fortune within 30 minutes.

I'm inclined to think these all point to good results issuing out of the event.

From the data you provide, above, I would tend to agree with your estimation of good results likely issuing as an outcome of the event.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Lilly's rules for "of a thing happening suddenly..." are actually on page 148.

Dispositors of the lights and the Lord of the First, whichever of the three has the most dignities in the Ascendant is the one whose position needs to be investigated.