Do you look like your ascendant?

I was wondering If you guys of you look like your ascendant? I wonder how other planetary influences would effect that

I have libra rising first decan and venus conjuncts my ascendant. Also with moon aquarius trine my ascendant. I think they adds some uranus flare in my appearance.

I think I do like my ascendant

Heres a close up of my face lolol http://i.imgur.com/HXMG2.jpg

Last edited:

Fragoso

Hello.
In my case yes, I do look like my ascendant.
I am cancer asc, and i always look protective, Defending the self. Some people would say that i am a bit abrasive, well that's my cancer mars squaring sun in libra nature.

Optimized-tumblr_kxs4uu86D01qzbspxo1_500.jpg

Here^ I look like this :devil:
Cancer asc is for sure very protective, and with sun in 4th house i like to put my truth self in private. :rightful:
Fragoso

Last edited:

Moog

Cool Pic Fragoso

I feel I do have a classic Scorpio thing going on, very 'intense' and piercing eyes, I have been told.

serafin5

Cool thread! Same here, the eyes for a Scorpio Asc, but thats about it. I also have Neptune in the 1st conj. my Asc and sext. Pluto but still I am almost physically the opposite of the descriptions that I have read. Oh well....but I love have a Scorp Asc; high highs and low lows and lots of dark nights of the soul, but always seeking......

Merry XMas!
Serafin5

Rebel Uranian

Yes and no. I look like Capricorn (my Ascendant) combined with Scorpio and Aquarius. I'll attribute the square jaw to Saturn since I've heard that once and I'll attribute my relatively dark complexion (Scorpio is the darkest, right?) to the dark degree of my Ascendant and the Aquarius-ness to Mercury in the 1st and Sun in Aquarius conjunct Uranus (Sun adds significant overtones in appearance from my observations.)

No pictures from this Capricorn Rising Aquarius Sun Moon in Cancer square Mars (self-interest) and Saturn (reserve.)

dr. farr

Absolutely not (ascendant = Virgo) I look most like my Sun sign (Taurus) But my mind/character has a great deal of "Virgoan" qualities (some also from Taurus, all thrown for a loop by Uranus as the most elevated planet-in Cancer in the 11th house-in my chart)
My late wife had Libra as ascendant-and she looked Libran and had a very Libran character; she had almost nothing about her (character/physical appearance) affinitive with her Sun sign (Gemini)

My opinion is that our later (after birth) developed physical characteristics will vary depending upon which sign quality "takes" (actually impresses) at the moment of the first breath*; often this will be the ascending sign, but also often it could be the Sun sign or the Moon sign, which makes the most significant impression (which "takes")...

*this opinion is based on the "swara shastra" doctrine followed by tantric-oriented Vedic astrologers (in India-haven't read Vedic practitioners/authors outside of India, even make a passing reference to this doctrine)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The mutable ascendants are most variable in appearance, which is one of the reasons why they are referred to as mutable or changeable.

When aspected by planets in other signs, they take on almost all of the appearance of that other sign :smile:

Absolutely not (ascendant = Virgo) I look most like my Sun sign (Taurus) But my mind/character has a great deal of "Virgoan" qualities (some also from Taurus, all thrown for a loop by Uranus as the most elevated planet-in Cancer in the 11th house-in my chart)
My late wife had Libra as ascendant-and she looked Libran and had a very Libran character; she had almost nothing about her (character/physical appearance) affinitive with her Sun sign (Gemini)

My opinion is that our later (after birth) developed physical characteristics will vary depending upon which sign quality "takes" (actually impresses) at the moment of the first breath*; often this will be the ascending sign, but also often it could be the Sun sign or the Moon sign, which makes the most significant impression (which "takes")...

*this opinion is based on the "swara shastra" doctrine followed by tantric-oriented Vedic astrologers (in India-haven't read Vedic practitioners/authors outside of India, even make a passing reference to this doctrine)

lazarusx

The mutable ascendants are most variable in appearance, which is one of the reasons why they are referred to as mutable or changeable.

When aspected by planets in other signs, they take on almost all of the appearance of that other sign :smile:

So for example my Ascendant is Gemini.. the only aspects to it are sextiles from Mars and Venus in Leo, therefore i would take on more of a Leo appearance?

I find this interesting because i've never really been able to identify with my ascendant apperance-wise.

lazarusx

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up JUPITERASC.. in retrospect i have a quincunx between Uranus in Capricorn to my Gemini Ascendant, but i overlooked it initially.. i wasn't aware this had such a strong influence, i'll have to do some reading :)

Lightrider

I'm an early Cancer Rising and Rx Jupiter is conj my Ascendant. I'm rather short (5'6'') and i have short arms and legs. I have a wide chest and a bit of a beer belly. I used to be slim in high school, almost skinny. After graduating my metabolism started slowing down and i began gaining weight. I never go past 165 pounds though. Working out prevents my metabolism from slowing down too much.

So yeah i look mostly like a Cancer, but i don't know about my face. My eyes are like a mix of Moon (big) and Saturn (glassy). I would say i have a fleshy face because my bones don't really stand out.

sequestra

I have no idea if I look like a Leo, you decide. Clicky

Yes you definitely do to me, particularly around the eyes. And the dude who posted, mrcasettes, you look very venusian in the "airy" libra sort of way. Definitely not an earthy venus.

Everyone thinks I look pisces (and I do have nep in the 1st) but I think I should technically look more sag with sag rising conjunct jupiter there. I think I've attached a pic but I don't know how to do that clicky thing ^

Attachments

• maninanains.jpg
    maninanains.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 190

virgo18

Yes you definitely do to me, particularly around the eyes. And the dude who posted, mrcasettes, you look very venusian in the "airy" libra sort of way. Definitely not an earthy venus.

Everyone thinks I look pisces (and I do have nep in the 1st) but I think I should technically look more sag with sag rising conjunct jupiter there. I think I've attached a pic but I don't know how to do that clicky thing ^

@sequestra
Yeah you look like fire rising. Are you sag asc? I guess you have a strong Mercury also you remind me a gemini at some point. Also you remind me to Angelina Jolie in some way.

Last edited:

summer92

@sequestra
Yeah you look like fire rising. Are you sag asc? I guess you have a strong Mercury also you remind me a gemini at some point. Also you remind me to Angelina Jolie in some way.
I am Sag asc but the only trait I am missing is the height. Im not that tall 1.58m
Sag rising supposed to me very tall. Im not, btw my Jupiter is in cancer, and cancers aren't that tall.

Do I look like a Sag or like a virgo?

You look like a Virgo rising to me! I'm not sure why but I guess it's cause you're very petite :)

sequestra

@sequestra
I am Sag asc but the only trait I am missing is the height. Im not that tall 1.58m
Sag rising supposed to me very tall. Im not, btw my Jupiter is in cancer, and cancers aren't that tall.

Do I look like a Sag or like a virgo?

Cool! Yes you look Sag rising to me (I am too). What degree are you? I'm 11 degs. You do look like a virgo/sag mix to me - lovely combo! Where is your moon? Mine is in gemini opposite my ascendant, I also have mercury sextile ascendant so both could be accountable for the gemini influence.

virgo18

Cool! Yes you look Sag rising to me (I am too). What degree are you? I'm 11 degs. You do look like a virgo/sag mix to me - lovely combo! Where is your moon? Mine is in gemini opposite my ascendant, I also have mercury sextile ascendant so both could be accountable for the gemini influence.

My rising is 6 degrees, and moon in taurus.

invivo

Not sure what Uranus conjunct Scorpio rising does to one's appearance... I do enjoy making changes, but subtle ones, although sometimes it seems people react a little too theatrically to my subtle changes...

Attachments

• 168660_10150171851108238_504453237_8683413_5224607_n.jpg
    168660_10150171851108238_504453237_8683413_5224607_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

invivo

I can definitely see Sagittarian qualities to your features, angular facial structure and unruly hair, very fiery! I do understand how tempting it would be to say Piscean, flowy hair, soft dreamy gaze, very full lips, although since Jupiter is planet of abundance, I'd say that's where the lips can be attributed to :smile: