Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Nicely put.
Regarding your two pick up lines, neither one would have been direct about wanting to lay the foundation for a long term relationship. So, would have gotten nowhere with me.
The word retrograde seems so ... falsely direct šŸ˜‚
What do you have natal indirect, David?

Just to clarify, I wasnā€™t answering as if either approach would have gotten anywhere with me, either. I was speaking objectively :smile:

david starling

There's so much variation in what retrograde means, even in Vedic, that I'm trying to get a more solid interpretation for my own readings. Some say it's no big deal, others see it as extremely important. Some see it as "bad", others see it as being good or bad depending on the overall situation.

At this point, I'm thinking it means that a planet in Rx condition is more subject to being affected by Aspects than when it's Direct.

david starling

Nicely put.
Regarding your two pick up lines, neither one would have been direct about wanting to lay the foundation for a long term relationship. So, would have gotten nowhere with me.
The word retrograde seems so ... falsely direct šŸ˜‚
What do you have natal indirect, David?

[Attempt at humor alert!!!]*

* My only Rx placements are the Moon and Sun. :whistling:

Hkk

Account Closed
What's "prograde" from what you've read?

"Retrograde" has a lot of extraneous baggage associated with it on the one hand. On the the other hand it's just "opposite the usual direction", with no interpretation given.

Modernistic astrology relies heavily on the opinions of the various ancient astrologers, but is able to form opinions based on reasoning and logic as well.

I copied and pasted this below

adjective
ASTRONOMY
(of planetary motion) proceeding from west to east; direct

Ukpoohbear

I was a little (a lot) grumpy last night. Starting a new job working from home and have been on a wild goose chase trying to get everything sorted for it.

petosiris

Banned
I copied and pasted this below

adjective
ASTRONOMY
(of planetary motion) proceeding from west to east; direct

In Hellenistic astrology:
Direct - Additive
Retrograde - Subtractive

For Rx sometimes ''walking backward'' and ''retracing their steps'' were used.

Hkk

Account Closed
In Hellenistic astrology:
Direct - Additive
Retrograde - Subtractive

For Rx sometimes ''walking backward'' and ''retracing their steps'' were used.

Itā€™s all quite similar and worded differently then. I get what ds is getting at.

The way ds describes it, itā€™s clearer if they didnā€™t use retrograde and used direct and indirect. Simple and clear

Ukpoohbear

I read once that retrograde planets cause de ja vu. And also that itā€™s lessons from past lives being repeated, although personally I donā€™t see it as a negative like a mistake or a skipped step but just that karma takes more than one lifetime to really stick. Hundreds of lives even, with the same people over and over until you jump off the hamster wheel and surrender to the holy spiritual/inner guide etc etc.

Introverted means a quiet person, but inverted meaning the lesson is turned inside out. Neither is concise enough for what I want. Iā€™m meaning a retrograde planet has more intensity because the lesson is at its latter stages, cos itā€™s being repeated.

Ukpoohbear

Petosiris do you mind if I ask what your big 3 is? Or some significant aspect of your chart youā€™d wanna share? Like, why makes you religious?

Ukpoohbear

(Kind of like how resentment has more intensity than anger is how I see a retrograde planet). If thereā€™s a word for that. Indirect just doesnā€™t cut it.

david starling

Itā€™s all quite similar and worded differently then. I get what ds is getting at.

The way ds describes it, itā€™s clearer if they didnā€™t use retrograde and used direct and indirect. Simple and clear

What's the direct approach to understanding Rx, versus the indirect approach?

The direct method might be attempting to come to an immediate conclusion, after consciously thinking it through as best one can.

The indirect method might be keeping the conscious options open until a conclusion presents itself utilizing an unconscious thought process.

Last edited:

david starling

This descriptor particularly matches my situation - Jupiter and mercury. I rely very heavily on my unconscious for processing volumes of information that the conscious mind canā€™t bridge super quickly, to come up an answer that feels ā€œdeeper.ā€

I have both Mercury and Jupiter Rx, and I also rely on my unconscious for processing.

Hkk

Account Closed
What's the direct approach to understanding Rx, versus the indirect approach?

The direct method might be attempting to come to an immediate conclusion, after consciously thinking it through as best one can.

The indirect method might be keeping the conscious options open until a conclusion presents itself utilizing an unconscious thought process.

I donā€™t know. Iā€™m getting confused.

Letā€™s stick to retrograde. Those who know what it means matter. Direct indirect Rx itā€™s all the same

Hkk

Account Closed
I asked this in my Venus thread. What does Venus ret mean. I understand mercury retrograde but Venus I donā€™t. So example if your love lifeā€™s a mess when Venus is direct does it get better when itā€™s indirect retrograde

david starling

I asked this in my Venus thread. What does Venus ret mean. I understand mercury retrograde but Venus I donā€™t. So example if your love lifeā€™s a mess when Venus is direct does it get better when itā€™s indirect retrograde

Going deep to sort things out, without being distracted by surface appearances, should help make it better. But, look for aspects that are interfering with the processing.