Can you use Astrology to attract someone?

theof247

Hypothetically speaking, say you found you had an amazing chart with someone but you barely knew them.

Could you use Astrology to attract them? If so, how would you try to attract them?

Through their Moon Sign? Sun Sign? Ascendant?

Would no matter how you try to attract them be voided considering Ascendant will come off first?

miquar

Hi. I suppose its possible to present oneself as the type of person that the other seems to be attracted to on the basis of their birth chart. But what would be the point? You can't do anything about the aspects between the charts, which would be the main significators of 'chemistry'. And in any case, why would you want to get into a relationship in which you had to pretend to be someone else?

If you feel a strong attraction to this person, then perhaps there is some mutual chemistry there, but it maybe only you that experiences it. Also, it may be that if you got together with this person, you would wonder why you bothered when the honeymoon period gave way to the reality check.

The best way that you can use astrology to improve your relationship happiness is probably to look for why you are willing to consider grasping after someone who may or may not be right for you. Somewhere in your birth chart are significators for this tendency.

theof247

Hi. I suppose its possible to present oneself as the type of person that the other seems to be attracted to on the basis of their birth chart. But what would be the point? You can't do anything about the aspects between the charts, which would be the main significators of 'chemistry'. And in any case, why would you want to get into a relationship in which you had to pretend to be someone else?

If you feel a strong attraction to this person, then perhaps there is some mutual chemistry there, but it maybe only you that experiences it. Also, it may be that if you got together with this person, you would wonder why you bothered when the honeymoon period gave way to the reality check.

The best way that you can use astrology to improve your relationship happiness is probably to look for why you are willing to consider grasping after someone who may or may not be right for you. Somewhere in your birth chart are significators for this tendency.

Thank you, I wish I could like posts as I found this very inspirational and moving.

Though I don't exactly know my full birth time so I'm unable to do a full chart, I know I have squares in my mercury and saturn so it's kind of hard for me to communicate easily as I feel it'll be judged hard.

I'm not sure if something like that would necessarily be prominent in my chart or simply my reaction to my life situation atm.

I didn't want it to be seen as trickery though, I'm also just interested in how two people whom initially meet, what planets bounce off of each other. Not to act in a way to attract them but to understand more as to how different aspects flow with each other when people first meet and how they do. Along with that wondering if two synastry are simply amazing, wouldn't no matter the communication the two would simply be able to connect?

Like Conjucting Moon Signs or Ascendants for example?

mdinaz

Depends on what kind of attraction it is. There are many - physical, sexual, emotional, spiritual, intellectual. You can have one or many or none. Some, like the physical or sexual, can wear off very quickly and you need the rest to maintain a relationship. You can have most of them but with no physical connection the relationship may never start. What attracts people to each other enough to start a relationship can be very complex and ill-defined.

Flapjacks

Along with that wondering if two synastry are simply amazing, wouldn't no matter the communication the two would simply be able to connect?

Like Conjucting Moon Signs or Ascendants for example?

I find that transits can play a role. For example, if you have a strong aspect between two charts and it's being "activated" by a transit, or if someone is experiencing a transit that draws them to qualities that transit embodies. For example, having Venus pass over your descendant and being attracted to someone with a lot of Libra influence in their chart. This might also mean that such an attraction would be fleeting.

If you feel you have good synastry, all you can really do is spend time with the person and see how it plays out. If you're correct about it, it shouldn't require special attention.

mdinaz

I find that transits can play a role. For example, if you have a strong aspect between two charts and it's being "activated" by a transit, or if someone is experiencing a transit that draws them to qualities that transit embodies. For example, having Venus pass over your descendant and being attracted to someone with a lot of Libra influence in their chart. This might also mean that such an attraction would be fleeting.

If you feel you have good synastry, all you can really do is spend time with the person and see how it plays out. If you're correct about it, it shouldn't require special attention.

I think transits can trigger that two specific people get together at a certain time, but I don't think they'll have anything to do with the attraction - either they are attracted to each other because of their synastry, or not. Changing the lighting in the room doesn't really do anything. The transits may make them aware of each other if they were not previously, but they won't enhance the power of the attraction itself.

Flapjacks

I think transits can trigger that two specific people get together at a certain time, but I don't think they'll have anything to do with the attraction - either they are attracted to each other because of their synastry, or not. Changing the lighting in the room doesn't really do anything. The transits may make them aware of each other if they were not previously, but they won't enhance the power of the attraction itself.

Becoming aware of one another is the first step of attraction, isn't it? :ninja:

I didn't mean to say it would change synastry, I meant it would highlight particular aspects in synastry and modify circumstances that it will play out. For example, a couple with Saturn sitting on their Mars/Venus conjunction is going to treat the attraction differently than if Jupiter was there; the transit is modifying the natal energies of those planets for each individual and that plays out in the relationship as well. At least, that is how I think of it.

If synastry shows that there isn't much going on between two people, but one aspect of it is being highlighted by strong transit to each individuals native planets/points involved in that synastry, I think you could get fleeting attention between them while the transit lasts.

miquar

Hi Theof247. Thanks for your kind words.

It sounds as though issues around communication are making life more difficult for you than it might otherwise be. So with your mind too inhibited to try to connect with this person in a straightforward way, it perhaps looks for ways of lessening the possibility of things going wrong - clues to what makes the other person tick. This can also be an issue with placements like Mercury in Capricorn, Scorpio or Cancer, and also Mercury Pluto aspects, and is exacerbated by general insecurities.

Transits can be relevant to attraction in a number of ways, with the attraction sometimes fading along with the transit, and sometimes remaining because it was mainly a trigger for a deeper conection to come to light. Progressed to natal synastry contacts are also often relevant. Transits to the composite chart are often very revealing, too.

It is worth you posting your chart cast for the middle of the earliest and latest times at which you could have been born. Please say what this possible margin of error is so that people can take this into account when looking at the chart.

miquar

The point about changing the lighting in a room is interesting, because it does affect attraction. Some psychologists believe that candle light is romantic because it causes the pupils to dialate, which in normal light can be a result of attraction. Also, the lighting can help people to overcome there inhibitions while they make their first moves. Transits can be like this - even Saturn transits can in cases where they manifest as an urge to establish something concrete.

mdinaz

The point about changing the lighting in a room is interesting, because it does affect attraction. Some psychologists believe that candle light is romantic because it causes the pupils to dialate, which in normal light can be a result of attraction. Also, the lighting can help people to overcome there inhibitions while they make their first moves. Transits can be like this - even Saturn transits can in cases where they manifest as an urge to establish something concrete.

When the full light of day shines down, you'll know if you are truly attracted to someone or not.