Odd change in charts?

Kotryna

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here, because something odd happened to my chart. I use astro.com to look at my planets, and I was going on their website all the time last year. This year I was pretty busy with work, so I have slightly forgotten about it, and now I decided to look at it again. What surprised me, is that the planets in the chart have moved! The details are identical, I haven't changed anything, I have checked, there were no mistakes. Did anybody else experience this? How should I interpret such thing? Is the old chart the correct chart or is the new one? I have attached both, the old chart is the one with a lot of planets in the 8th house.

Thanks for all of your help. :)

Attachments

• astro forumas.jpg
    astro forumas.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 44
  • astro_2gw_02_kotryna_kazakeviciute.81860.23183.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_kotryna_kazakeviciute.81860.23183.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30

greybeard

There is an error someplace.

Look at the MC...3 Libra in one chart, 13 Libra in the other.
Your data input has some error in it.
If you find date and time are the same in both charts, then the error is in the coordinates of the place.

It looks like Moon is 24.52 in one chart, 24.33 in the other.....the error is in the time, not place, about 40 minutes.

The "Moon 24.33" chart is for 1510 (GMT +3). The other chart is for 1545.

Both charts yield the same location.
So there is the mistake, in the time of birth.

If you are absolutely certain you plugged in the same data for both charts (time of birth), then you should immediately notify astro.com that they have a problem which could affect every user of the site, giving the details.

Note that I now have date, time and place of birth for both charts......Deleting your birth data does not hide it.

Last edited:

Kotryna

Thanks for your reply, I will email them. If I get a response, I will post it on here for others to know. :) The first chart is the only picture I could find, it's of the time when I thought I was born 14:45 (25 minute difference), after I found my real birth time (15:10) and changed it on astro, also a long time ago, I didn't take a picture of the later one. But the houses were still the same, that's why I was so surprised that they have moved so significantly.

greybeard

The two charts you have posted here are for
1510 and 1545.
No chart for 1445 is shown.
I think the error is on your side, not astro.com's. Both charts here are correct charts for the times shown above at your birthplace, so there is no error in calculation if the times of birth were entered as 1510 and 1545.
Double check.

The chart with Moon at 24*33' is your correct one (1510).

And yes, if the problem lies with astro.com, please let us all know here. Lots of people use their services and depend on their accuracy.

Last edited:

greybeard

Do you mean that they don't have good records for time changes, like Daylight Time?

Aha. I see.

I lived in Mexico when two states in the country experimented with daylight time. The following year only one state implemented it, and the year after that none....
What a bugaboo for astrologers. I wonder if this daylight time is in astro.com's database.

Illinois...How confusing and uncertain can it get? You don't know if the rule was followed during recording, or if it was notated as CST or CDT....en fin, what a mess.

Thanks for letting us know Kotryna.